Happy Father's Day

Posted 10 day(s) ago 474 Views 14 Replies

Stoops Happy Father's Day

Share your favorite OU memory with Dad or Father figure in your life.

Mine- Last year at Bedlam my Dad and I dressed to the teeth in gear for the rain and the cold. As nothing would be worse than pneumonia on Christmas. We sat on the away side next to some OSU fans and see them cry and moan after OU methodically pulled ahead and what was a good game turned into a rout.

5 users like mexican/ninja's post: D1ehard5oon3r, Fugue, lonetreebill, MyT Oklahoma, SportyJames

4 users like Mazeppa's post: HellVol, MyT Oklahoma, SoonerVikeThunder, soonirvana

Happy Father's Day 2017 to all of the Father's on this board.

Just happened to be in town getting tickets to a concert and a buddy gave me free tickets to see Oklahoma play. It was raining bad but we figured what the hell and braved it anyway.

Samaje is STILL running.

It was my son's first game too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    5 users like AcousticSoup's post: cfin5256, D1ehard5oon3r, Fugue, MyT Oklahoma, SplitTD

Don't have any!

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post

Just happened to be in town getting tickets to a concert and a buddy gave me free tickets to see Oklahoma play. It was raining bad but we figured what the hell and braved it anyway.

Samaje is STILL running.

It was my son's first game too.

Great story and great pic, Soup.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: AcousticSoup

Damn Gingers.

Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post

Don't have any!
    Just you and the machine? ie Photoshop?
    The following users like this post: Mazeppa

Originally Posted by HellVol View Post
    Damn Gingers.

I'm blonde. It was just really fuggin wet....

The following users like this post: HellVol

Mine is the first game I went to with my dad. I remember that Kelly Phelps was our QB and it took an already growing love for OU and turned into a lifelong passion. Love ya dad and thank you!

When I was about 6 my mom gave my dad money to take to OU/Texas. We drove down to Dallas the day of the game and my dad drank the whole way. When we got to the hotel my dad gave me a hundred bucks and sent me on my way. I went down the arcade for a while and when I got back my dad wouldn't let me in but I could hear him and woman laughing. I waited for about an hour when the door opens and a pretty lady comes out and walks off. My dad tells me to get my shit and we head for the stadium. It was dark by now and my dad pulls up to an old rundown pop warner field and says "I guess we missed the game, shit!" and we drove home. Good times, good times!

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    When I was about 6 my mom gave my dad money to take to OU/Texas. We drove down to Dallas the day of the game and my dad drank the whole way. When we got to the hotel my dad gave me a hundred bucks and sent me on my way. I went down the arcade for a while and when I got back my dad wouldn't let me in but I could hear him and woman laughing. I waited for about an hour when the door opens and a pretty lady comes out and walks off. My dad tells me to get my shit and we head for the stadium. It was dark by now and my dad pulls up to an old rundown pop warner field and says "I guess we missed the game, shit!" and we drove home. Good times, good times!
    Isn't there supposed to be a #winning somewhere in your post?

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    Yikes

"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh no,' I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' "He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. 'I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late."

- Jack Handey

4 users like AcousticSoup's post: D1ehard5oon3r, HellVol, JW3K, TIMB0B