2017 Darwin Award front runner

Posted 7 day(s) ago 828 Views 22 Replies

2017 Darwin Award front runner

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tourist-k...164956476.html

Tourist Killed by Jet Blast at Beach Famous for Low-Flying Planes

A New Zealand woman died Wednesday after being hit with an airplane’s jet blast at a Caribbean beach known for its close-up views of aircraft arriving and departing a nearby airport, police said.

The 57-year-old was seriously injured after being knocked over by the blast from a plane departing Sint Maarten’s Princess Juliana International Airport. She later died at the Sint Maarten Medical Center as a result of her injuries.

Tourists frequent the location, called Maho Beach, for unique views of low-flying planes as they land and take off from the airport, despite officials’ warnings about the potential dangers.

Before the incident, the woman and several others were holding on to a fence that separates the airport and the beach, police said. The fence has signs reading “Do not stand. Danger. Jet Blast” warning of the harm that can result from standing in the area.

Police did not say whether other deaths have occurred at Maho Beach. But Forbes reported that this week’s incident was the first to result in a fatality. In 2012, a woman was injured there when the jet blast threw her against concrete.

Rolando Brison, Sint Maarten’s director of tourism, told the New Zealand Herald that he had spoken with the woman’s family and expressed his condolences.

“I met with the family of the deceased this evening and while they recognized that what they did was wrong, through the clearly visible danger signs, they regret that risk they took turned out in the worst possible way,” Brison told the Herald.

Brison also told the Herald he would be reviewing security tapes of the incident to identify what had happened.

Police are now urging visitors to adhere to the warning signs posted at the destination to ensure no future deaths or injuries occur.
    Video of the girl mentioned in bolded part:

Yep, looks like a blast
    4 users like barlowd's post: Bob, Greek Sooner, SiggyPoke, Stinger_1066

Camera man should have been focusing on that thong.

that's the front runner?

pshaw.
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

Need to install a wide JBD just like on an aircarft carrier. Simple fix.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/tourist-k...164956476.html

Video of the girl mentioned in bolded part:

New avi coming up....
    The following users like this post: RockFlagandEagle

Possible co-recipient

much better camera angle than the one I saw yesterday. big time face plant.

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    Possible co-recipient

what's that?

Originally Posted by RockE View Post
    what's that?
    Art, allegedly...

I still think it's the couple who thought a book would stop a desert eagle
    4 users like Silentsniper1516's post: AmericanMuscle, Bob, Jaiddin, SoonerVikeThunder

57 years old. She most likely has offspring, and maybe even offspring of offspring.

Not a good Darwin candidate.

To be a good Darwin candidate you have to eliminate yourself from the gene pool before you procreate.
    5 users like Stinger_1066's post: brokebacksooner, gratefulRed, p23570, quidam65, RockFlagandEagle

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    57 years old. She most likely has offspring, and maybe even offspring of offspring.

To be a good Darwin candidate you have to eliminate yourself from the gene pool before you procreate.
    Actually when I saw she was 57 my first thought was 'damn...too old to be doing stuff like that'.
    2 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: gratefulRed, Sooner Jake

Actually when I saw she was 57 my first thought was 'damn...too old to be doing stuff like that'.
    and 'damn she looks good for 57'?

still, and waaaay off topic, the kid denogginized on the water slide last year is much more gruesome to watch.

ahh summertime fun.

Originally Posted by Silentsniper1516 View Post
    yep. They are hands down and maybe should get the all-time award.

The guy standing behind her that let go is truly at fault. If you are going to get behind a someone to protect them you have to hold on!!!
    The following users like this post: RockFlagandEagle

still, and waaaay off topic, the kid denogginized on the water slide last year is much more gruesome to watch.

ahh summertime fun.
    Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle View Post
    The guy standing behind her that let go is truly at fault. If you are going to get behind a someone to protect them you have to hold on!!!
    The video is from 2012. That girl just broke her face. Don't believe there's any video of the 57 year old death.
    The following users like this post: OUrage

Originally Posted by Silentsniper1516 View Post
    Ya I forgot about them.

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post

The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

ahh summertime fun.

there is video of that??!

I've stood at that very fence and on Maho Beach during 747 takeoffs many, many times. It's a blast watching tourists who haven't done it yet get all their shit blown into the ocean. Towels, ice chests, chairs, you name it. Hardly Darwin material though. Drunk **** got blown by jet blast and hit her head. Nothing to see here.

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    I've stood at that very fence and on Maho Beach during 747 takeoffs many, many times. It's a blast watching tourists who haven't done it yet get all their shit blown into the ocean. Towels, ice chests, chairs, you name it. Hardly Darwin material though. Drunk **** got blown by jet blast and hit her head. Nothing to see here.
    Read the article. The video is of a young girl in 2012 that broke her face. 57 year old lady did it and is now deceased. Pretty dumb decision.

Read the article. The video is of a young girl in 2012 that broke her face. 57 year old lady did it and is now deceased. Pretty dumb decision.
    Except people do it multiple times a day. Every day. 365/24/7. A fatality happened? Pretty fair odds when thousands of people do it every day. Safer than driving your car.