Big 12 Media Days: There's a lot to like about Big 12 football (no, really)

Posted 9 day(s) ago by Mazeppa4894 Views 96 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    Just on KREF
    Riley said the receiver’s position easily has the best depth and talent in the 3 years he has been at OU.
    Big if true..

5 users like SoonerLibertarian's post: Balko, HartRod, jaxonya, OU48A, Vodnik

So did gundy really trim his pubes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reporter- "you have these sec transfers coming in, badet, and another sec guy to oSu, do you think that these sec WRs coming into the big12 are foaming at the mouth to come and play where everything is wide open and they are gonna get more opportunities?"

Riley- "eh, I don't know if it's about the about the league, I know to THIS SPECIFIC PROGRAM guys have been excited to come in and see the opportunities they have"

This right here is huge. Where Bobby would usually take the time to say "yeah the big12 is a great conference, blah blah blah" ... Lincoln came out and shot that shit down immediately, "**** the conference, kids wanna come play for us"... I like how he isn't going to bat for anything other than OU football. Very refreshing.
    Last edited by jaxonya; July 17th, 2017 at 04:54 PM.

3 users like SoonerLibertarian's post: OU48A, soonerschooner, Vodnik

So, I wonder how long it will be before Garrett Riley is on OU's staff?
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

So, we had an extra staff member opening made available by the NCAA before Stoops hit the road. So that's one staff member down, McNeil takes that spot, amirite? Is there still an opening for another or am I just high right now?

I like how Bowlsby talked about the recent success the Big 12 has had in all sports, and forgot to mention it was mostly due to OU.

Originally Posted by LASooner View Post
    I like how Bowlsby talked about the recent success the Big 12 has had in all sports, and forgot to mention it was mostly due to OU.
    And how he pretty much reminded ex-athletes that they could sue their alma mater for concussions.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

Originally Posted by DYNOMITE View Post
    I hear girth is more important.
    Not according to Jenni.

Just on KREF
    Riley said the receiver’s position easily has the best depth and talent in the 3 years he has been at OU.
    In Stillwater, a spasm in the force, like thousands of aggies' hopes and dreams have all been crushed.

Some podcasts from yesterday: https://audioboom.com/channels/4383660

Originally Posted by palisooner View Post
    In Stillwater, a spasm in the force, like thousands of aggies' hopes and dreams have all been crushed.
    That was no doubt a huge “aha moment” for those in the media who have invested so much in the osu hype machine.
    The following users like this post: soonerschooner

Can 'balanced' Big 12 shed fifth-wheel status?

The Big 12 has slipped to fifth-wheel status in a sport that rewards the top four conferences. It may be cyclical, it may be reversible – or it may be the beginning of the end as we creep toward new media-rights contracts and the possibility of another realignment spasm sometime next decade.

https://sports.yahoo.com/can-balance...225320759.html

Big 12’s new slogan is “guaranteed” to settle its one true champion issue

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...hampion-issue/

Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post

Jenny: How important is it that Baker plays well in marquee games?

Lincoln looking like: Really?
    Jenny, are you a mother?........of children?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There's a lot to not like about the Big Xii beyond the fact that it can't count yet refuses to change its name. But I've heard this so many times:

In 2015, Baylor and TCU tied for the conference championship. Despite Baylor winning the head-to-head matchup with the Horned Frogs, the Big 12 chose to award a split Big 12 title, thus making a mockery of the conference’s slogan of “One True Champion,”
    This makes it sound like they made this decision after the season was finished. Bowlsby could have handled it better than he did by making a statement more clear than "we are sending the playoff committee two champions to choose from".

Originally Posted by 49cent View Post
    So, we had an extra staff member opening made available by the NCAA before Stoops hit the road. So that's one staff member down, McNeil takes that spot, amirite? Is there still an opening for another or am I just high right now?
    A tenth assistant coaching position becomes available for all college football teams in early 2018.
    The following users like this post: 49cent

Isn't girth and thickness basically the same thing?
    I never said it wasn't I was just clarifying that girth is more important.... it is right????!!1

If Texas would just pull their own weight and get themselves out of the ditch, the conference would be fine... or at least as good as the PAC.
    5 users like ChocoLab's post: D1ehard5oon3r, Keef, mightysooner, PokeJ, soonerschooner

I digitally inhanced Lincoln's socks and found this.

9 users like D1ehard5oon3r's post: ChocoLab, CrimsonOberon, Keef, OU48A, SA OSO, soonerschooner, SportyJames, theend, Vodnik

Gundy shuns WWLS today. Now Traber is all pissed and saying it's because Gundy doesn't like him. good times. I love my big 12 media soap opera.
    3 users like Keef's post: D1ehard5oon3r, freedombird, soonerschooner

Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    Gundy shuns WWLS today. Now Traber is all pissed and saying it's because Gundy doesn't like him. good times. I love my big 12 media soap opera.

Maybe Sinor can put the mullet wig back on and talk to Traber.

Did he talk to kref or the Franchise?

Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post

I don't know, what do I look like, the All Things Media thread?

I don't know, what do I look like, the All Things Media thread?
    I was asking the OSU expert, OU48!

2 users like PokeJ's post: Keef, soonerschooner

The Franchise said yesterday that he refuses to do radio of any kind any more. It's not just WWLS and Trabe. The Franchise has tried to interview him and he won't do it.

Originally Posted by OKIRISHFAN View Post
    The Franchise said yesterday that he refuses to do radio of any kind any more. It's not just WWLS and Trabe. The Franchise has tried to interview him and he won't do it.
    So Trabers making up the drama that Gundu has something against him

So Trabers making up the drama that Gundu has something against him

Shocker.
    2 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: ChocoLab, soonerschooner

Guaranteed...rematch, in the CCG.

who are the other 2 teams? Oh... so that's not a thing.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Bowlsby could have handled it better

When has there ever been evidence that he could handle anything. We might as well have Dickbutt in charge of the conference.

Originally Posted by OKIRISHFAN View Post
    Why? I'm genuinely curious.

Did he develop a phobia?

Is he shunning non visual media in order to better visually showcase his new mullet?

Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post

Did he develop a phobia?

Is he shunning non visual media in order to better visually showcase his new mullet?
    He's a man...he's almost 50

Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post

Did he develop a phobia?

No clue. I even tried the googles and just got a bunch of info about traber complaining about it back in 2014.

what is up with the slogans and catch phrases, big 12? This is on the AAC level with the P6 propaganda

A huge part of Traber’s act has always been to make everything about him.

Nobody in the local media has the guts to ask Gundy in a press conference why Traber has been blackballed….?
    They would have been doing live remotes from an OU coaches home had an OU head football coach blackballed anyone in this media market.

No clue. I even tried the googles and just got a bunch of info about traber complaining about it back in 2014.
    Traber has long said that he doesn’t know why Gundy stopped talking to him.
    Truth is Gundy / osu football doesn’t need that fat ass anymore…. Particularly now that Gundy just signed a new 4 year contract.

Since he can’t seem to receive satisfactory answer if Traber had any guts and he doesn’t….. he should attend a Mike Gundy press conference and ask Gundy for himself.
    2 users like OU48A's post: Keef, Stinger_1066

A huge part of Traber’s act has always been to make everything about him.

Nobody in the local media has the guts to ask Gundy in a press conference why Traber has been blackballed….?
    They would have been doing live remotes from an OU coaches home had an OU head football coach blackballed anyone in this media market.

The thunder don't talk with them either. He ****es about that too. If OU didn't talk to him, traber would **** about it, but he's far too lazy to go to any press conference and ask questions. That'd be work.
    3 users like Keef's post: Bear_Jew, OU48A, soonerson

Originally Posted by ChocoLab View Post
    If Texas would just pull their own weight and get themselves out of the ditch, the conference would be fine... or at least as good as the PAC.
    I hope Texas suck monkey ****s for eternity.

To hell with Big12.
    2 users like Free electron's post: cheetah, XingTheRubicon

The thunder don't talk with them either. He ****es about that too. If OU didn't talk to him, traber would **** about it, but he's far too lazy to go to any press conference and ask questions. That'd be work.
    Stoops was to risk adverse to ever not talk with Jim & AL and frankly I doubt he was as well informed as Gundy about the Trabers criticism.
    I going to predict Riley will eventually not go on air with Traber.... who is an agitator, full of hypocrisy and will take personal shots at staff and players but can’t handle someone like Dusty holding him accountable.
    The following users like this post: Keef

Remember about 10 years or so ago when Traber said he was going to attend a Bob Knight presser and confront him?

My recollection is he cowered at the feet of Bob Knight and threw him a softball.
    4 users like Stinger_1066's post: ChocoLab, Keef, OU48A, theend

They didn't say why just that he won't do it.

And to the other poster, it may be that there is something wrong with Gundy/Traber (the don't have to bee mutually exclusive) as Traber states that Gundy's family won't even talk to him like they used to. That being said, people who are very narcissistic tend to think that everything is about them so.........

I just heard where the SEC Media Days will be held in Dallas. I could swear they already held their media days because I saw it on the SEC Network the other day. But they re-run everything.

Supposedly, the hotel in Alabama where they have held this event for 27 years had to boot them from the week they wanted, so they are coming to Dallas now.

Originally Posted by Bustarime View Post
    I just heard where the SEC Media Days will be held in Dallas. I could swear they already held their media days because I saw it on the SEC Network the other day. But they re-run everything.

Supposedly, the hotel in Alabama where they have held this event for 27 years had to boot them from the week they wanted, so they are coming to Dallas now.
    Your thinking about 2018. Nashville, Dallas and Atlanta are in the mix to have it.

Originally Posted by Bustarime View Post

Power play by the SEC if true

Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    what is up with the stupid slogans and catch phrases, big 12? This is on the AAC level with the P6 propaganda
    FIFY