Little Caesars

Posted 97 day(s) ago by traxx3882 Views 63 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Little Ceasars and Pizza Hut were at least "decent" back in the 80s. Then they got cheap and greedy and started using nasty greasy and salty ingredients all the way from the crust and sauce to the actual toppings. The only "chain" pizza places I will do any more and only from time to time is Jet's PIzza and Marco's Pizza.

For some reason, Papa Murphy's pizza sauce makes me sick, so can't do them. That's not a "them" problem; my stomach just doesn't agree with their sauce. In the end, I prefer dedicated pizzerias since they typically use higher quality ingredients. Sometimes you pay more, but it's well worth it.

Originally Posted by Ako at ang aking puwit View Post
    I don't go to IHOP to eat a burger or Denny's to eat steak.
    Odds of food poisoning for those scenarios is probably close to 100%.

Originally Posted by sooner59 View Post
    I used to work at a Pizza Hut that made really good pizzas. I would make my own to take home and they were bomb. I'd mix in buffalo sauce from the Wing Street into the pizza sauce...so good. I made BBQ chicken pizzas, etc. Also the Pizza Hut in my hometown makes great pizzas. So not all Huts are bad. I do prefer the better ones like Papa Murphys, Hideaway, New York Pizza, etc. And I'd rather have Little Caesars or Pizza Shuttle than Papa Johns. I can't stand them.
    When I worked at Shakeys in HS they had great pizza. Everything made made there, ground there, sliced there. Once some money guys bought it and went prepackaged it wasn't nearly as good. When I ran a Dominos and a Pizza Hut we made quality pies also. Most of the shit that shows up at your door or table these days might have gotten you fired in my stores.
    The following users like this post: Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    Little Ceasars and Pizza Hut were at least "decent" back in the 80s. Then they got cheap and greedy and started using nasty greasy and salty ingredients all the way from the crust and sauce to the actual toppings. The only "chain" pizza places I will do any more and only from time to time is Jet's PIzza and Marco's Pizza.

For some reason, Papa Murphy's pizza sauce makes me sick, so can't do them. That's not a "them" problem; my stomach just doesn't agree with their sauce. In the end, I prefer dedicated pizzerias since they typically use higher quality ingredients. Sometimes you pay more, but it's well worth it.
    I highly, highly doubt that as competition has increased and processed foods have been stigmatized that the quality of the food has gone down, on average.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    When I worked at Shakeys in HS they had great pizza. Everything made made there, ground there, sliced there. Once some money guys bought it and went prepackaged it wasn't nearly as good. When I ran a Dominos and a Pizza Hut we made quality pies also. Most of the shit that shows up at your door or table these days might have gotten you fired in my stores.
    I was gonna say something nice about Shakeys since it's been around longer than me, but you think everything I say is dickish so "**** you and your shitty Shakey's Pizza."

Trying not to disappoint.

Shakeys was the first pizza joint we ever went to. I was about 13 or so. I remember the straw hat, banjo player, and pretty damn good pizza. I also remember when they began to slide. The day they tried to diversify and offer fried chicken. Stick to one thing, do it well, and you're golden. Greek House, In n Out, Chick fil A, etc.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    I was gonna say something nice about Shakeys since it's been around longer than me, but you think everything I say is dickish so "**** you and your shitty Shakey's Pizza."

Trying not to disappoint.

Shakeys was the first pizza joint we ever went to. I was about 13 or so. I remember the straw hat, banjo player, and pretty damn good pizza. I also remember when they began to slide. The day they tried to diversify and offer fried chicken. Stick to one thing, do it well, and you're golden. Greek House, In n Out, Chick fil A, etc.
    Not all all. I's say your good comments to dickish are at least 10/1.

Shakeys was very good. Loved the Bunch A Lunch with pizza, chicken, salad, and mojo potatoes. As I said it was great until they put quality in the back seat.
    The following users like this post: Slytherin

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Not all all. I's say your good comments to dickish are at least 10/1.

Shakeys was very good. Loved the Bunch A Lunch with pizza, chicken, salad, and mojo potatoes. As I said it was great until they put quality in the back seat.
    My first job after my paper route was at a chain called Straw Hat Pizza. They totally ripped off Shakey's shtick. Straw hats, black bow tie, striped shirt, red apron. When I got kicked out of school in the 9th grade I worked the morning shift doing food prep. We made our own dough, I would grate 7 different types of cheese, pre-cook spaghetti, chop lettuce for salads, etc. I learned at a very young age that food service was NOT for me. Plus, after I saw all the shit you could do to a pizza when a customer pissed you off? Let me tell you, when you're having a bad experience at a restaurant, save your ****ing till after you have your food. Loogeys and snot rockets on the pizza? Oh yeah...

Originally Posted by MI Sooner View Post
    I highly, highly doubt that as competition has increased and processed foods have been stigmatized that the quality of the food has gone down, on average.
    The grease that bubbles up from their pepperoni and cheese say otherwise.

Little caesars? WTF. Do you hate your tastebuds? That shit is gross.
    2 users like OU812's post: Stinger_1066, zcaa0g

Originally Posted by MI Sooner View Post
    Little Caesar's and Pizza Hut have both changed their strategies. Little Caesar's has purposely gone for the lowest end of the price spectrum. Pizza Hut's drop in quality is well-noted, and it's a drain on Yum! brands stock price. Other places, like Domino's, have upped the quality of their ingredients and are killing it. Domino's stock price up 2500% over the last 7 years.

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    My first job after my paper route was at a chain called Straw Hat Pizza. They totally ripped off Shakey's shtick. Straw hats, black bow tie, striped shirt, red apron. When I got kicked out of school in the 9th grade I worked the morning shift doing food prep. We made our own dough, I would grate 7 different types of cheese, pre-cook spaghetti, chop lettuce for salads, etc. I learned at a very young age that food service was NOT for me. Plus, after I saw all the shit you could do to a pizza when a customer pissed you off? Let me tell you, when you're having a bad experience at a restaurant, save your ****ing till after you have your food. Loogeys and snot rockets on the pizza? Oh yeah...
    Be nice to...

People making/serving your food
    People emptying your trash
    People delivering your mail

We ground everything. Meats. Cheeses. Cut all the veggies on the attachment. Made the dough. The chicken came in and we marinated it in 55 gallon containers. Sliced the potatoes. Breaded and fried the chicken and potatoes. It was a lot of ****ing work. At 16 they gave me keys and let me open, close, do paperwork. I thought it was kick ass but basically I was an asst mgr making $1.80.
    2 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: Slytherin, ThievingMagpie

Originally Posted by Ako at ang aking puwit View Post
    $6 or $7? Youngsters.

I recall when Pizza Shuttle charged $4.44 for a medium one topping and a coke...delivered, tax included.

Of course a value mean at McDonalds was $2.73 before tax. This was before they had extra large value meals and minimum wage was just raised to a whopping $3.35/hr.
    So your cat walked across your keyboard and you thought, "I'm going with that as my user name."
    The following users like this post: zcaa0g

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    Little Caesar's and Pizza Hut have both changed their strategies. Little Caesar's has purposely gone for the lowest end of the price spectrum. Pizza Hut's drop in quality is well-noted, and it's a drain on Yum! brands stock price. Other places, like Domino's, have upped the quality of their ingredients and are killing it. Domino's stock price up 2500% over the last 7 years.
    Domino's is winning because of the revamped quality, but also because of their technology and loyalty program. Pizza Hut has the worst technology of the major pizza chains. They just installed a new point of sale system so all of the franchisees could participate in the loyalty program (you can't have a loyalty program that works at some stores and not others). Domino's has absolutely nailed the online / app ordering, tracking your order, diversifying their menu, and their PR / advertising approach of admitting they served a horrific product for years and fixed it really resonated with consumers. But don't count out Pizza Hut just yet.

Yum! also is going to a pure asset-light model (very, very few company owned stores) and it's hard getting franchisees exciting about investing millions of dollars into their restaurants when the competition is killing them. Remember, franchisors are generally compensated on top line numbers, but the franchisee cares most about margins and bottom line figures. Lots of natural tension there that gets exacerbated when you're not winning.

Originally Posted by SoonerDevil View Post
    Domino's is winning because of the revamped quality, but also because of their technology and loyalty program. Pizza Hut has the worst technology of the major pizza chains. They just installed a new point of sale system so all of the franchisees could participate in the loyalty program (you can't have a loyalty program that works at some stores and not others). Domino's has absolutely nailed the online / app ordering, tracking your order, diversifying their menu, and their PR / advertising approach of admitting they served a horrific product for years and fixed it really resonated with consumers. But don't count out Pizza Hut just yet.

Yum! also is going to a pure asset-light model (very, very few company owned stores) and it's hard getting franchisees exciting about investing millions of dollars into their restaurants when the competition is killing them. Remember, franchisors are generally compensated on top line numbers, but the franchisee cares most about margins and bottom line figures. Lots of natural tension there that gets exacerbated when you're not winning.

Yum just doesn't quality control their franchises. KFC, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut's are always dirty, food quality is variable, employees are the worst of the worst unhygienic high school drop out stoners. Not sure why it's so difficult to put two and two together that having your stores not suck will help you out.