CBS Sports Preseason Bowl Predictions

Posted 12 day(s) ago 2723 Views 77 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

CBS Sports Preseason Bowl Predictions

Yeah, I know.....Offseason sucks. Only about 20 more days.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-of-the-games/

Sugar Bowl: 1. Bama v. 4. FSU

Rose Bowl: 2. tOSU v. USC

Peach: Florida v. USF

Fiesta: Wisconsin v. Washington

Orange: Clemson v PSU

Cotton: Ok State v LSU

Alamo: OU v. Stanford

Again, my reason for posting ridiculous, too early, predictions is not because of the predications themselves but rather I'm surprised about how confident the national media is concerning Ok. State.
    The following users like this post: northspeter

There's no way in hell there'll be a Bama/Florida state rematch. Also I'm not on the Okie State hype at all. See 4 losses for them. And lol at OU in the Alamo bowl. No way.
    The following users like this post: BoomSoon2016

We would have to lose 4 or 5 games to end up in the Alamo... wowzers
    3 users like lauderdaleOU's post: BobStoopsGinger, BoomSoon2016, OrangePeanut

Is Lincoln paying these people?
    7 users like AppalachianSooner's post: Bear_Jew, BoomSoon2016, CZECHVAR, GoonerSooner, sooner59, SoonerNow, SplitTD

Originally Posted by lauderdaleOU View Post
    It moved up in the rotation to I think the 2nd pick. If that's true, the 2nd place team could realistically have 1 loss and go to the Alamo.
    The following users like this post: soonergrad

Originally Posted by lauderdaleOU View Post
    Would we? If the Big 12 misses the CFP and OU didn't win the conference that is exactly where we would end up. We would only have to lose 2 games in that scenario.
    The following users like this post: soonergrad

Originally Posted by OKIRISHFAN View Post
    Again, my reason for posting ridiculous, too early, predictions is not because of the predications themselves but rather I'm surprised about how confident the national media is concerning Ok. State.
    They are over-indexing the Ohio State game at the same time ignoring what OSU has to do to win the conference. OSU could absolutely beat OU in Stillwater for OU's 2nd loss. But chances are high OU would get revenge a few weeks later in Dallas and thus be conference champ.

Originally Posted by soonervegas View Post
    They are over-indexing the Ohio State game at the same time ignoring what OSU has to do to win the conference. OSU could absolutely beat OU in Stillwater for OU's 2nd loss. But chances are high OU would get revenge a few weeks later in Dallas and thus be conference champ.
    Why do you think they'd lose in the CGG? Neutral field?

Why do you think they'd lose in the CGG? Neutral field?
    Neutral field plus revenge factor. Bad place to be if you are OSU........
    2 users like soonervegas's post: ChpThril, MyT Oklahoma

Originally Posted by soonervegas View Post
    Neutral field plus revenge factor. Bad place to be if you are OSU........
    I think this is going to be an interesting year. Very interested in OU, OSU and Texas. Texas doesn't have to be good to screw up someone's season as you well know.

I don't understand the osu hype. Their OL isn't great. Their defense is trash. Their QB disappears in big games.

Every year there are 1-2 teams that are ranked way too high to start the season and then fall off the map. This year, that's osu.
    2 users like OU812's post: BoomSoon2016, SoonerNow

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    I don't understand the osu hype. Their OL isn't great. Their defense is trash. Their QB disappears in big games.

Every year there are 1-2 teams that are ranked way too high to start the season and then fall off the map. This year, that's osu.
    I wouldn't quite say that but Oklahoma State is not winning the Big 12.

Interesting stat. OSU has had eight seasons where they won at least 10 games since 1980. OSU's record against OU those eight seasons is 1-7. Somehow they have managed to have an even worse winning percentage against the Sooners during the years they are actually a good team.
    2 users like Soonerborn72's post: dog-knee, theSeanDon

Originally Posted by Soonerborn72 View Post
    Interesting stat. OSU has had eight seasons where they won at least 10 games since 1980. OSU's record against OU those eight seasons is 1-7. Somehow they have managed to have an even worse winning percentage against the Sooners during the years they are actually a good team.
    I didn't know that stat but I've said in other threads that's why I quit believing in the hype (although I feel I might be getting sucked back in). No matter how good the team is supposed to be, it never materializes into beating OU when it matters.

Osu will likely have 3 losses and maybe pick up a 4th in their bowl game.

Someone unexpected (central michigan???)
    OU (2 losses)
    Bowl opponent has a pulse on offense and at least an average defense

Osu fans....enjoy this while it lasts.

Don't get yer panties in a wad boys, being underestimated will give us incentive to kick ass this year.
    The following users like this post: OUrage

If they don't have Rudolph and Washington taking the top off, they struggle. OU DBs have been up to the challenge and are reportedly better now. I never underestimate Mike's ability to get into a shootout on the road, but I'm confident in OU at a neutral site.

4 users like GoonerSooner's post: blackfrancois, BoomSoon2016, OUrage, sooner59

More orange hype:

Oklahoma State confidently seeks Big 12 title

Even by Oklahoma State's lofty standards, this year's offense should be exceptional.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/articl...s-big-12-title

Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    Even by Oklahoma State's lofty standards, this year's offense should be exceptional.
    Anyone else get a quick laugh out of that statement?

Blasphemy.
    Burn the OP.
    The following users like this post: OKIRISHFAN

They keep saying OSU, will probably have a tough time stopping people defensively , 3 new DB's plus lost linebacker and best D-lineman in years.

Then they say the offense will be out of this world now the line might be average and "so if they can somehow fix that... but they are really, really good.

What? That's is like saying a baseball team probably can't pitch very well and they don't hit it very well in spots in the lineup, but they should win the World Series. New year same hype, team on the rise, worlds greatest offense, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Originally Posted by Strangers View Post
    There's no way in hell there'll be a Bama/Florida state rematch. Also I'm not on the Okie State hype at all. See 4 losses for them. And lol at OU in the Alamo bowl. No way.
    No ****ing way OSU loses 4 games.

Originally Posted by barrister View Post
    They keep saying OSU, will probably have a tough time stopping people defensively , 3 new DB's plus lost linebacker and best D-lineman in years.

Then they say the offense will be out of this world now the line might be average and "so if they can somehow fix that... but they are really, really good.

What? That's is like saying a baseball team probably can't pitch very well and they don't hit it very well in spots in the lineup, but they should win the World Series. New year same hype, team on the rise, worlds greatest offense, yadda, yadda, yadda.
    The offensive line returns everyone except left tackle who is being replaced by Cochran an upgrade from CAL. That average Oline paved over 1k rushing for Justice Hill. I don't see this line being average. They won't be as good as OU but they are above average.

Originally Posted by OSUcowpoke344 View Post
    Yeah no Central Michigan on the schedule and Gundy wouldn't count them if you did.
    2 users like Mazeppa's post: BoomSoon2016, SoonerNow

Originally Posted by AppalachianSooner View Post
    If they don't have Rudolph and Washington taking the top off, they struggle. OU DBs have been up to the challenge and are reportedly better now. I never underestimate Mike's ability to get into a shootout on the road, but I'm confident in OU at a neutral site.
    Obviously, you don't remember Marcell Ateman absolutely butt raping Art Briles in Stillwater the year before and was injured last year. Also add a 5 star LSU transfer who is an incredible athlete. Add into it mcclesky, stoner, and lacy... you can put Washington on the bench and be fine. You underestimate the talent level. Totally different from last year. It was raining and Rudolph sucks in the rain. Not saying we beat OU, but big difference between this year and last.

Yeah no Central Michigan on the schedule and Gundy wouldn't count them if you did.
    Don't care about central michigan. They lost but were given an illegal play.

Don't care about central michigan. They lost but were given an illegal play.
    No your team lost.
    3 users like Mazeppa's post: BoomSoon2016, lauderdaleOU, theSeanDon

Unlikely, but they could lose 4 including bowl game. It would mean that those new DB's aren't any good. We've (OU) has had experience with that, this league won't expose your fronts as much, but will certainly expose weakness in the secondary.

No your team lost.
    If it makes you feel better I never thought OU lost to Oregon

It is recorded as a loss, you except it and move on. You don't change the record and put it on a ring.
    3 users like Mazeppa's post: boomersooner52, dog-knee, SplitTD

Unlikely, but they could lose 4 including bowl game. It would mean that those new DB's aren't any good. We've (OU) has had experience with that, this league won't expose your fronts as much, but will certainly expose weakness in the secondary.
    I agree to some extent but if you have a legit offense then you will outscore teams. It doesn't work as well against OU because of the talent discrepancy but let's be honest that most big 12 defenses suck ass. In a shoot out, OSU beats Texas 8 times out of 10. Baylor will be a joke trying to do the I Formation. OSU could lose to WVU but I expect their defense to be bad and offense to be good but not great. OSU could lose to Kansas state but its at home and if KSU gets down then it will be tough to mount a come back. OU is a tossup in Stillwater. We probably will lose to OU if they can pound the ground game.

Either way, I don't see 4 losses but I will eat crow if it happens

It is recorded as a loss, you except it and move on. You don't change the record and put it on a ring.
    It doesn't matter. Fans and teams can't change the results. We didn't call in death threats like OU fans for the Oregon debacle.

I agree to some extent but if you have a legit offense then you will outscore teams. It doesn't work as well against OU because of the talent discrepancy but let's be honest that most big 12 defenses suck ass. In a shoot out, OSU beats Texas 8 times out of 10. Baylor will be a joke trying to do the I Formation. OSU could lose to WVU but I expect their defense to be bad and offense to be good but not great. OSU could lose to Kansas state but its at home and if KSU gets down then it will be tough to mount a come back. OU is a tossup in Stillwater. We probably will lose to OU if they can pound the ground game.

Either way, I don't see 4 losses but I will eat crow if it happens
    I don't see it either, but it's in the realm of possibility. Pitt will be the early measuring stick, they lost a lot but still beat Clemson at home last year.

I don't see it either, but it's in the realm of possibility. Pitt will be the early measuring stick, they lost a lot but still beat Clemson at home last year.
    I was worried about that game but 3 of their players are suspended for our game and it seems less intimidating

It doesn't matter. Fans and teams can't change the results. We didn't call in death threats like OU fans for the Oregon debacle.
    Every osu fan should be embarrassed by this:

Every osu fan should be embarrassed by this:
    And you are not embarrassed by your fans threatening the lives of the officials of the Oregon game over a football game. No one was hurt by making the Alamo bowl rings.

Unless the B-12 turns out to be a lot stronger than I anticipate this fall, I don't see how Oklahoma State stays healthy and loses four games.

And you are not embarrassed by your fans threatening the lives of the officials of the Oregon game over a football game. No one was hurt by making the Alamo bowl rings.
    Your school was hurt by those rings in form of credibility, if you care about having any. I was embarrased by those dumb asses, and every school has their share of them.

Your school was hurt by those rings in form of credibility, if you care about having any. I was embarrased by those dumb asses, and every school has their share of them.
    Credibility for what? It's not like that one game would have given OSU a chance to make the playoffs or a big 12 title for that matter.

Credibility for what? It's not like that one game would have given OSU a chance to make the playoffs or a big 12 title for that matter.
    If you don't know the answer to that, I can't help you. I'm surprised gundy didn't just go ahead and award himself the conference title. Why stop at changing the outcome of just one game.

Hilarious. FSU if they lose to Bama would have to run the table. Not happening. OSU isn't winning the conference either. Laughable.

If OU finishes 2nd in the Big 12, we would go to the Alamo Bowl. I don't see OSU beating us twice in one season. IF they do beat us, I hope its in Stillwater. Gundy would choke against us in Dallas for sure and we would win the Conference and go back to the SAME stadium in Dallas (Again) to play in the Cotton Bowl.

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    Their QB disappears in big games.
    What "Big games" has Rudolph disappeared in?

Originally Posted by hefley001 View Post
    What "Big games" has Rudolph disappeared in?
    Conference title on the line in Norman last season and he blew it.

another lost ag. We are lousy with them. Oh, well...

I'm gonna say horse poo on the reason for the start of this thread. All your threads are started because OU is dismissed, and you're looking to stir the pot, ala politics threads. If OU was picked to win the title or get to the championship game, your lips would be sealed. Consado esta consado.
    2 users like boomersooner52's post: RockE, theSeanDon

Originally Posted by Soonerborn72 View Post
    because when they're actually "good" it means they have a good qb, a good receiver, and a good rb. the rest of the team cancels that out by being complete garbage. similar to tech when they're "good." also they had the benefit of us being 90'ized.

4 users like Mazeppa's post: BoomerSooner2578, BoomSoon2016, SoonerNow, theSeanDon

Originally Posted by GeorgiaSooner View Post
    Conference title on the line in Norman last season and he blew it.
    He's had ONE "big game" that he didn't flourish in. Give the kid a break!! Look at the rest of his big games:

2014:
    1. 1st career start on the road @ #6 Baylor: 281yds, 2TD, 2Int
    2. 1st Bedlam on the road @ #20 OU: 273yds, 2TD, 1Int
    3. 1st Bowl game. 300yds, 2TD, 1Int

2015:
    #5 TCU - 352yds, 5TD, 0Int
    #10 Baylor - 430yds, 3TD, 0Int
    #5 Oklahoma - Played 3 snaps with hobled ankle & broke rib

2016:
    #10 West Virginia - 273yds, 4TD, 0Int
    #7 Oklahoma - he sucked
    #11 Colorado - 314yds, 3TD, 0Int