Barstool reports James Washington out 4+games

Posted 74 day(s) ago 7987 Views 122 Replies
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Barstool reports James Washington out 4+games

Not being reported anywhere else yet, but wow if true.
    BREAKING - Ok St WR James Washington suffered a hernia injury, will miss the first 4 games of the season at least. Must credit @pardonmytake
    https://twitter.com/pardonmytake/sta...51412466393089

Feel bad for him. That's why I never get too hyped up in the preseason. A couple of injuries and your season takes another turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy is a monster. Hope he gets well soon.
    3 users like OuachitaSooner's post: R3D Mamba, Ruf Nek, soonerschooner

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Damn, that SI curse don't **** around....

Sucks. Hate to see injuries. Hope he makes a speedy recovery. But if he does miss 4 games, those Pitt and TCU games might get a little interesting. I think they can handle Tulsa and East Popcorn State. Good luck to the kid on his recovery.
    3 users like sooner59's post: MichSooner, SA OSO, soonerschooner

can't believe that kid did not go pro.
    7 users like Hallucinogenic_Toreador's post: Bear_Jew, Bob, jakel, MichSooner, RockE, soonerschooner, thefranchise17

I could see him missing most or all of the season.. those injuries are nagging
    The following users like this post: soonerschooner

My sources are reporting double amputation.

3 users like DukeSilver's post: jakel, king47sooners, ThievingMagpie

Originally Posted by ben.woods1986 View Post
    I could see him missing most or all of the season.. those injuries are nagging
    2 week heal time ..... just painful

That's exactly what the XII needs, go lose to Tulsa or South Alabama and then beat OU or Kansas State.
    3 users like AppalachianSooner's post: king47sooners, SA OSO, soonerschooner

...And now, for the latest in sheephumper news...

That ain't true!
    4 users like GoonerSooner's post: Morningwood, SA OSO, Silvershoes, SoopaSooner

page doesnt exist. i dont twit so im sure its just me.

Originally Posted by GoonerSooner View Post
    That ain't true!
    will be be-downgraded to hurt feelings before week 1.

Not sure if real or fake news but he will be fine by the time they play ou. He's great but I am tired about hearing how good the rest of the receivers are. They haven't exactly lit us up the last few years. Although had they not tried to play keep away last year, they likely have a bunch of yards and still get blown out like they did in 2015.

This thread is why I appreciate the guys on this board. Save a couple or three. Everybody has been complimentary of this kid and has appreciated his talent. Not a bunch of snide bullshit.

James Washington is a kid that represents the part of college football that is slowly dying. Small town kid, multi-sport guy. Guys who used to be the heart and soul of college football. (OU got Bob 'Hog" Harrison and Mike McClellan from Washington's home town of Samford in the '50's).

Washington apparently was told that the Samford Tennis team needed help so he picked up a racket and learned to play. He ends up being a state medalist.

I always root for a guy like that no matter what team he is on.

With that being said, I will root for Jordan Parker, Motley and JT to shut his small town, tennis playing ass DOWN when the Sooners visit Stillwater.

That ain't true!
    2 users like Final.Answer?'s post: Bob, SoonerNow

"Jimmy's down!"

2 users like mexican/ninja's post: RockE, tycat947

They should be able to handle Tulsa (even if they spy on them too), South Alabama and TCU (unless they bounce back big time, which I doubt) without him. Pitt "might" be interesting given the tight battle it was last season and being on the road this time.

So pretty much he same thing Landry Jones got.....

And the tweet has been deleted, bull shit story.

Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Not sure if real or fake news but he will be fine by the time they play ou. He's great but I am tired about hearing how good the rest of the receivers are. They haven't exactly lit us up the last few years. Although had they not tried to play keep away last year, they likely have a bunch of yards and still get blown out like they did in 2015.
    And Seales was OSU's 1st or 2nd best receiver overall depending on the game the past couple of years against Oklahoma and he's gone. Their only truly legit receiver is Washington. McCleskly had 800 receiving yards last season, but an 11 yards per catch isn't exactly earth shattering. He's a solid consistent receiver, but that's where it stops. Their receiving "corps" is Washington. He's the only legitimate concern at the receiver position.

What does make them a bigger threat offensively than year's past is Justice Hill. He did a number on the Sooners early in the game last season, but the Sooners finally got it together defensively. He should be better and is OSU's best back since Randall in 2012.

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    And Seales was OSU's 1st or 2nd best receiver overall depending on the game the past couple of years against Oklahoma and he's gone. Their only truly legit receiver is Washington. McCleskly had 800 receiving yards last season, but an 11 yards per catch isn't exactly earth shattering. He's a solid consistent receiver, but that's where it stops. Their receiving "corps" is Washington.

What does make them a bigger threat offensively than year's past is Justice Hill. He did a number on the Sooners early in the game last season, but the Sooners finally got it together defensively. He should be better and is OSU's best back since Randall in 2012.
    And all these guys have to live up to the hype they're getting. Including Rudolph who was good from td:int but he's only at 63% completion. I don't watch enough of their games to know if he burns the play by throwing the ball away or if he's just lucky his bad throws don't get picked.

And mcclesky is good, 11 yards per catch means he's going to extend drives but 100+ catches would catch up to a guy that small.

Which one of you guys is pardonmytake?

Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post

Respect the biz
    2 users like chsguy2013's post: Bear_Jew, Soonernation11

Well, I feel bad starting the thread now. But pardon my take/barstool can go **** team selves for putting something like his out there. How do you miss that big?

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    This thread is why I appreciate the guys on this board. Save a couple or three. Everybody has been complimentary of this kid and has appreciated his talent. Not a bunch of snide bullshit.

James Washington is a kid that represents the part of college football that is slowly dying. Small town kid, multi-sport guy. Guys who used to be the heart and soul of college football. (OU got Bob 'Hog" Harrison and Mike McClellan from Washington's home town of Samford in the '50's).

Washington apparently was told that the Samford Tennis team needed help so he picked up a racket and learned to play. He ends up being a state medalist.

With that being said, I will root for Jordan Parker, Motley and JT to shut his small town, tennis playing ass DOWN when the Sooners visit Stillwater.
    Nice close!
    The following users like this post: Yuck Fu

That ain't true!
    You know it was an all time great rant when you read that in Gundy's voice.

Hope its not true. He is the best WR in the league and has NFL written all over him.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke

Thayer Evans.
    2 users like KeithStone's post: PokeJ, SA OSO

Originally Posted by Tao Chemical View Post
    Hope its not true. He is the best WR in the league and has NFL written all over him.
    Like in tattoos or permanent marker or what?
    5 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: ChpThril, Jaiddin, sooneralum2012, soonerschooner, Tao Chemical

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Like in tattoos or permanent marker or what?
    It's oSu...crayon.
    5 users like SportyJames's post: Jaiddin, RockFlagandEagle, SA OSO, soonerschooner, Tao Chemical

Originally Posted by sooneralum2012 View Post
    Well, I feel bad starting the thread now. But pardon my take/barstool can go **** team selves for putting something like his out there. How do you miss that big?
    This is absolutely no different than some recruiting guru posting bullshit stories about RB's staying at OU.

Same shit sone, different shit verse.

People who hear shit from a guys who says he knows shit should learn to shut their ****ing mouths until someone who actually knows shit makes an authorized announcement about the real shit. Sometimes shit gets changed in translation.
    The following users like this post: sooneralum2012

Just a couple of guys being dudes being capital J journalists

Originally Posted by sooneralum2012 View Post
    Smh.

Embarrassed for the fool that believed this shit and forwarded it as fact instead of verifying......embarrasing.

Edit: Not talking about the OP......talking about the twitter poster. OP is just a victim of the twitter poster's stupidity.
    The following users like this post: sooneralum2012

Said it was a hernia on the radio this morning and he'll play through it.

From the franchise... Abdominal pain, turned out to be an old hernia, will play through the pain..

https://twitter.com/Lauren_Rew/statu...21315584491520

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

If Washington is really injured and can't play. Is College Football still going to have their other games each week?

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    This is absolutely no different than some recruiting guru posting bullshit stories about RB's staying at OU.

Same shit sone, different shit verse.

People who hear shit from a guys who says he knows shit should learn to shut their ****ing mouths until someone who actually knows shit makes an authorized announcement about the real shit. Sometimes shit gets changed in translation.
    Plant shit seeds, ya' get shit weeds...

5 users like Hammer2Bones's post: barlowd, jaxonya, metes, RockE, TheBorenSupremacy

Originally Posted by northspeter View Post
    From the franchise... Abdominal pain, turned out to be an old hernia, will play through the pain..

If he has an actual hernia, which is different from a sports hernia, the safest thing he could do is have the surgery now and be all healed up for his rookie year in the NFL. Or, are a few people using the word "hernia" too liberally?
    The following users like this post: northspeter

Originally Posted by BoomerSooner2578 View Post
    If he has an actual hernia, which is different from a sports hernia, the safest thing he could do is have the surgery now and be all healed up for his rookie year in the NFL. Or, are a few people using the word "hernia" too liberally?
    Agreed. He is about to make his second bad decision if he decides not to take care of this now. And for what? Another second place finish in conference and maybe a cotton bowl?
    4 users like theSeanDon's post: BoomerSooner2578, Keef, SA OSO, soonerschooner

Originally Posted by theSeanDon View Post
    Agreed. He is about to make his second bad decision if he decides not to take care of this now. And for what? Another second place finish in conference and maybe a cotton bowl?
    Third place, maybe fourth. Texas is going to beat OSU this year. Don't buy the OSU hype.

Out of WVU, Baylor, KSU and TCU one of those is also going to find a way.

Feel bad for him. That's why I never get too hyped up in the preseason. A couple of injuries and your season takes another turn.

Oh bullshit! You're a poke... it's in your blood. Your breatheren live for the preseason. #PreSeasonChamps

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post

Did he get an OU offer, and if so, why didn't he take it?

Originally Posted by SoonerNow View Post
    Did he get an OU offer, and if so, why didn't he take it?
    I know this is only one data point but rivals does not show him with an OU offer. In fact, they only show him getting offers from OSU and Texas State. Only a 3 star recruit. Justin Blackmon part 2 (but hopefully with his head screwed on straight)?
    The following users like this post: SA OSO

Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    I know this is only one data point but rivals does not show him with an OU offer. In fact, they only show him getting offers from OSU and Texas State. Only a 3 star recruit. Justin Blackmon part 2 (but hopefully with his head screwed on straight)?
    Then he should have gone pro for this season. Perhaps he's suffering karma.

Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    Oh bullshit! You're a poke... it's in your blood. Your breatheren live for the preseason. #PreSeasonChamps
    I'm shocked Chp. I've never blamed your Asian heritage for your poor driving skills or small,,,,,

5 users like PokeJ's post: ChpThril, jakel, Keef, soonerschooner, Stinger_1066

Is this the brokeleg Joe Mixon story in reverse?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk