Ezekiel Elliott suspended by the league for 6 games

Posted 13 day(s) ago 2439 Views 71 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Cowboys Ezekiel Elliott suspended by the league for 6 games

Espn reports suspension and Elliott expected to appeal.

**** Elliot. Never liked him. Hope the Cowboys lose every game.
    9 users like meandmybutt's post: Breadburner, Bustarime, CalSOONER, Deepfried, KSooner, REDREX, tycat947, veyron_80, zcaa0g

They should have kept Murray
    5 users like qaz's post: Bob, Deepfried, Manu, meandmybutt, Strangers

**** that cut off wearing ****
    The following users like this post: CalSOONER

I'm a Cowboys fan - but Jerry Jones looks like a complete idiot on this - he's been barking for awhile now that they didn't believe the league would hand down ANY suspension at all - even though before this 2 games was widely believed to be reality

And now boom - 6 games.....no idea what the evidence is but if he deserves it - then maybe he'll learn a lesson from this (sarcasm font/doubtful)
    3 users like Sooner JK's post: Bob, ChocoLab, CrimsonOberon

Another one of Urban's boys living large....
    2 users like HartRod's post: ScottsdaleSooner, tycat947

This won't affect the cowboys until next year (if it does at all) ... The appeal will take over a year.

NFL statement says they discovered photographic and digital evidence of physical violence towards the gf. Elliot needs to be really careful here with his appeal if that is indeed the case.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: sheepdogs

So is the girl from college or is this from his time in the NFL?

This is such bs!! Goodell has finally lost his mind

Originally Posted by Dagnorbert View Post
    College I believe.

This is from July 2016.

Originally Posted by Dagnorbert View Post
    College. I really have no opinion on this, I just wanna see how long it takes Drnlaw to show up & start arguing with people. lol.
    2 users like SwagSurfer's post: Bear_Jew, RockFlagandEagle

So cops can't even come up with evidence to charge him and yet he gets 6 games? I bet it gets appealed to 3 or less games.
    The following users like this post: theend

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    So cops can't even come up with evidence to charge him and yet he gets 6 games? I bet it gets appealed to 3 or less games.
    If what he did is bad enough for 6 games then the NFL should be sharing their information with law enforcement.
    4 users like Stinger_1066's post: Bear_Jew, Bob, theend, TIMB0B

Ezekiel Elliott suspended by the league for 6 games

Originally Posted by SwagSurfer View Post
    College. I really have no opinion on this, I just wanna see how long it takes Drnlaw to show up & start arguing with people. lol.
    well I asked the question about Elliot in the other thread (rather politely too) so we will see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodell needing actual evidence to hammer someone?? lol
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder

Has he been formally charged with anything?

Lol....
    The following users like this post: zcaa0g

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Has he been formally charged with anything?
    Cops did an investigation and couldn't find enough evidence to bring charges
    The following users like this post: Bob

Horse shit!

I'm gonna accuse Aaron Rogers and Odell Beckham of hitting me. Maybe they'll get suspended.
    2 users like jaxonya's post: LetsgoSooners82, RockFlagandEagle

EE has been involved in multiple questionable situations. This dude deserves to sit! Cowboys should have taken Perine, EE WOULDNT HAVE EVEN BEEN MISSED

Either the cops have done a lousy job or the NFL is trying to save face after ****ing up with Ray Rice and Josh Brown.

If it is the latter, I hope the NFLPA and Jerry Jones tear them a new one.

More racism from the NFL!
    4 users like azwe's post: ab5sr, GoonerSooner, LetsgoSooners82, Stinger_1066

Goodell is chicken shit ****sucker!
    The following users like this post: LetsgoSooners82

Originally Posted by SoonerSteve View Post
    EE has been involved in multiple questionable situations. This dude deserves to sit! Cowboys should have taken Perine, EE WOULDNT HAVE EVEN BEEN MISSED

Nothing more American than "guilty until proven innocent" right? It would be nice if colleges and the pros would actually provide evidence. Maybe he is guilty but until there is evidence, he's innocent.
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
    Nothing more American than "guilty until proven innocent" right? It would be nice if colleges and the pros would actually provide evidence. Maybe he is guilty but until there is evidence, he's innocent.
    And he doesn't even get a chance to confront his accuser.

Unless they consider "appealing the suspension" to "confronting the accuser".

I really don't want to come off like I'm defending Zeke. He has pulled some stupid shit. But none of it has been criminal from any evidence we've seen so far.
    The following users like this post: ThatGuy

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Either the cops have done a lousy job or the NFL is trying to save face after ****ing up with Ray Rice and Josh Brown.

If it is the latter, I hope the NFLPA and Jerry Jones tear them a new one.
    theres multiple evidence from texts saying she was going to frame him. and texts to her friend saying "can you lie for me". she said zeke had hit her one night and showed a bunch of bruises but then the bar owner told police that she had been in a bar fight that night with another girl and the bouncer said that those bruises were on her already when he threw her out...

Jerry needs to push all the facts out into the public where everyone gets a chance to see how much of a joke that this is. And then Goodell gets fired.
    2 users like jaxonya's post: Stinger_1066, tennsooner

Cops didn't have enough evidence to bring charges, but Goodell finds out what really happened. They should turn over the Trump/Russia investigation to Goodell and after he finishes that maybe he can get to the bottom of the JFK assination. Goodell = Super Sleuth
    4 users like OUReality's post: CrimsonOberon, jmizzy4ou, Stinger_1066, TIMB0B

Goodell ****ed AD and good. Missed the whole season. If this is appealed Goodell will make him miss games in the meantime. Players Union gave him this power and they are the ones fans should be mad at. Goodell is a **** sucker but the Players Union got on their knees at bargaining time.
    The following users like this post: SoonerSteve

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    And he doesn't even get a chance to confront his accuser.

Unless they consider "appealing the suspension" to "confronting the accuser".

I really don't want to come off like I'm defending Zeke. He has pulled some stupid shit. But none of it has been criminal from any evidence we've seen so far.
    I believe a 2 game suspension may be fair because of all the stupid shit he's pulled.

Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    More racism from the NFL!
    Continued bias against Ewok-Americans!

Originally Posted by jaxonya View Post
    theres multiple evidence from texts saying she was going to frame him. and texts to her friend saying "can you lie for me". she said zeke had hit her one night and showed a bunch of bruises but then the bar owner told police that she had been in a bar fight that night with another girl and the bouncer said that those bruises were on her already when he threw her out...

Jerry needs to push all the facts out into the public where everyone gets a chance to see how much of a joke that this is. And then Goodell gets fired.
    I hope you are right.

I believe a 2 game suspension may be fair because of all the stupid shit he's pulled.
    He should get one game for exposing the girl's breasts in public without her consent, even though she refused to press charges. That was in very poor taste.

But that suspension should be imposed by the team, not the league.

Nothing else he has done warrants another game suspension, based on any evidence that has been made public.

As a Giant's fan...waiting patiently for the Ray Rice-like video.

Another Urban Meyer/Jerry Jones winner....

Originally Posted by TexasSucks View Post
    As a Giant's fan...waiting patiently for the Ray Rice-like video.

Another Urban Meyer/Jerry Jones winner....
    How about the video of Josh Brown who admitted to beating his wife. Stones, glass houses, etc.....

But Zeke and too many of these jughead players need to learn keep themselves out of the cross hairs of a megalomaniacal commissioner.

And **** the Giants!
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou

I still maintain he's secretly an ewok.

Originally Posted by D1ehard5oon3r View Post
    Sign thugs, win natties. I'd take it...

Oh, and F Dallas....

STEELMEN!!

Originally Posted by SoonerVikeThunder View Post
    Goodell ****ed AD and good. Missed the whole season. If this is appealed Goodell will make him miss games in the meantime. Players Union gave him this power and they are the ones fans should be mad at. Goodell is a **** sucker but the Players Union got on their knees at bargaining time.
    Yeah it's a joke and it's honestly the thing they should be fighting hardest against the last few years. Goodell has shown to be as bad as the NCAA in these situations and completely arbitrary. No idea why they continue just to bend over on that point with out an independent 3rd party arbitrator.

Roger Goodell is the biggest PC **** in professional sports now that Kaepernick is out of a job.
    3 users like CrimsonOberon's post: LetsgoSooners82, Sooner Shemp, SoonerVikeThunder

TMZ released photos and the 911 call from the victim. Photos definitely show bruising on various parts of her body.
    I'm not an expert when it comes to examining authenticity of DV injuries, but those look like some pretty dark bruises to me from her being hit multiple times by someone or something.

Originally Posted by Pullhook View Post
    How about the video of Josh Brown who admitted to beating his wife. Stones, glass houses, etc.....

But Zeke and too many of these jughead players need to learn keep themselves out of the cross hairs of a megalomaniacal commissioner.

And **** the Giants!
    Cowgirls even going to be able to field a team in week 1? The whole team is suspended.

Giant's cut Brown...the only dumbass the Cowgirls have ever cut for discipline reasons was innocent. Jerrah at his best!
    2 users like TexasSucks's post: Breadburner, TehFail

Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
    Roger Goodell is the biggest PC **** in professional sports now that Kaepernick is out of a job.
    Would you like to try to manage the shit show that the NFL has become....???

Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    TMZ released photos and the 911 call from the victim. Photos definitely show bruising on various parts of her body.
    I'm not an expert when it comes to examining authenticity of DV injuries, but those look like some pretty dark bruises to me from her being hit multiple times by someone or something.

There is no denying she was hit. It's the who did the hitting is at question. There is plenty of circumstantial evidence that she was in a bar fight prior to the alleged assault and that she told her friends to lie for her and say they came from Elliot and that she wanted to ruin him. The last bit sounds like more like a girl mad she got dumped and wanting revenge than a victim of abuse.
    3 users like Dragurd's post: CrimsonOberon, SoonerVikeThunder, tennsooner

Originally Posted by Dragurd View Post
    There is no denying she was hit. It's the who did the hitting is at question. There is plenty of circumstantial evidence that she was in a bar fight prior to the alleged assault and that she told her friends to lie for her and say they came from Elliot and that she wanted to ruin him. The last bit sounds like more like a girl mad she got dumped and wanting revenge than a victim of abuse.
    Yep. That's the whole guilty until proven innocent thing. If Ezekiel Elliott is guilty, shit, throw the book right at his nuts; there just needs to be evidentiary proof. None of this PC Witch Hunt crap.

Originally Posted by jaxonya View Post
    Cops did an investigation and couldn't find enough evidence to bring charges
    Then Goodell is over stepping IMO . . .
    The following users like this post: jaxonya

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Then Goodell is over stepping IMO . . .
    He's kowtowing to the PC mob. It's what he does best.