Year Prediction

Posted 70 day(s) ago 3061 Views 74 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Year Prediction

Lose to Texas
    Run the table

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Year Prediction:
    This year will end in approx. 4 1/2 months just after midnight on December 31st.

I think we go 1-1 vs tOSU & UT - Not sure which we beat/lose to.

Potentially lose a surprise Big XII game (could be UT in above scenario), but I think we will win the conference again, and pending tOSU game make playoff

Lose to UTEP, BIG wake up call, run the table to Win Natty.

2 users like Tattoo Baker's post: OrangePeanut, SoonerPacker

15-0
    2 users like GoonerSooner's post: OUrage, tenten

I get older and more puns/bad jokes
    6 users like Cousin Eddie's post: BobStoopsGinger, Boomer6671, Hang Half a Hundred, OUrage, SplitTD, SportyJames

9-3
    L tOsu. Texass +1 big 12 Game.
    Do not make ccg. Play Arkansas in cotton bowl win 42-21

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: BoN

WE'RE NOT ****ING LOSING TO TEXAS, YOU ****S!!!!

Originally Posted by williemayshayes View Post
    Would you take Texas loss and NC or Texas win and no NC?

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Would you take Texas loss and NC or Texas win and no NC?

NC of course but **** TEXAS.
    4 users like williemayshayes's post: OnlyOneBubbaMoses, OrangePeanut, OUrage, SoonerNow

NC of course butt **** TEXAS.
    Interesting

Every year I say 10-2 because that's how it turns out most years.

I think 9-3 this year: losses to tOSU, Texas, and OSU/KSU/TCU

Could happen if we came into that game overconfident from a huge win in Columbus, and shit the bed a la 2013/2015. Due to their consistent talent level, that game is always a toss up, unfortunately

I just don't see us losing to both tOSU and Texas with a healthy Baker.. Usually a loss fires them up and they go on a tear
    The following users like this post: OUrage

Pretty much OURage just wanted to see someone say 15-0. Have a drink on me buddy.
    The following users like this post: OUrage

Originally Posted by D1ehard5oon3r View Post
    Pretty much OURage just wanted to see someone say 15-0. Have a drink on me buddy.
    AM. Boomer

Originally Posted by BoomSoon2016 View Post
    Could happen if we came into that game overconfident from a huge win in Columbus . . .
    If that's the only thing that will keep you from beating Texas -- you'll beat Texas.

12-1

Loss to Ohio State
    2 users like East_Texas_Sooner's post: Deepfried, OUrage

Year Prediction

Originally Posted by East_Texas_Sooner View Post
    12-1

Loss to Ohio State
    I'd take that if we get ihmn in the playoffs

12-2

Lose in Columbus and Stoolwater. Avenge loss in Big 12 Title game and beat Auburn in the Cotton Bowl
    2 users like cheetah's post: oudivesherpa, soonervegas

Undefeated. #8.
    3 users like CrimsonOberon's post: freedombird, Sooner2012, tenten

12-2
    Losses: Ohio St, Alabama
    Big 12 Conference Champions
    4 seed in the Playoff
    Baker Mayfield wins the Heisman
    2 users like Quik Sand's post: Hallucinogenic_Toreador, South slider

Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    Year Prediction:
    This year will end ... just after midnight on December 31st.
    holy shit. are you projecting 2017 to end exactly one day early? giant asteroid? alien attack? doomsday machine?
    3 users like blackfrancois's post: BlakesBabyDaddy, oupunk, Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    holy shit. are you projecting 2017 to end exactly one day early? giant asteroid? alien attack? doomsday machine?
    Yep, wasn't supposed to let that out but:

BIG 12 seems to be strong this year OSU WV TCU Texas capable of beating OU. 3 losses would be a downer for sure. Two losses and we are definitely not getting into any playoff so please stop predicting this.... I am going out on a limb and saying one loss to Ohio state and we barely make the playoff and play Ohio state again first game. OU being the 4 seed.... this time we win and lose in championship game to FSU.

11-0 baby! National Champs! Wait...what year is it?
    The following users like this post: ouwasp

I do think Oklahoma beats Ohio State. Than Ou starts to slip a bit and than loses to Kansas State in overtime due to many mistakes on offense and special teams. Than Oklahoma wakes up again and plays really well winning out including the title game. The resume would be really solid that Oklahoma got a 2 seed in the playoff winning my a touchdown in the semifinal vs Penn State and a game winning FG vs USC. Magic is coming for this team. Especially with the mindset Baker Mayfield has.

Originally Posted by ShreyK21 View Post
    I do think Oklahoma beats Ohio State. Than Ou starts to slip a bit and than loses to Kansas State in overtime due to many mistakes on offense and special teams. Than Oklahoma wakes up again and plays really well winning out including the title game. The resume would be really solid that Oklahoma got a 2 seed in the playoff winning my a touchdown in the semifinal vs Penn State and a game winning FG vs USC. Magic is coming for this team. Especially with the mindset Baker Mayfield has.
    I suggest you get one of these and study it real hard:

and you need to stop that thinking thing.

Originally Posted by ShreyK21 View Post
    I do think Oklahoma beats Ohio State. Than Ou starts to slip a bit and than loses to Kansas State in overtime due to many mistakes on offense and special teams. Than Oklahoma wakes up again...
    please read this instead: "then" vs "than".

thanks.

Just hope we field a Football Team the Softball Team can be proud of.

OU beasts tOSU 38-17, embarrasses Texas 50-10, thumps OSU twice, 48-21 & 60-31....gets by FSU in semi 34-28, then drums Alabama 47-24 15-0 #8!
    6 users like JTMcDaniel's post: CNCSOONER, land burglar73507, OUrage, spowart, tenten, Widescreen

20 point loss at tOSU. 3 point loss to Texas at RRS. OU gets revenge on UT at Championship game but misses playoffs. Wins a good bowl game.
    The following users like this post: BoN

Originally Posted by Rufus T Firefly View Post
    20 point loss at tOSU. 3 point loss to Texas at RRS. OU gets revenge on UT at Championship game but misses playoffs. Wins a good bowl game.
    Wow that would be still considered a regression . OU should not lose to OSU , period !! I can understand a close loss to tOSU, but losing to OSU and Texas is not good . I have a feeling Lincoln will lead the team to at least one big win , either against tOSU or the playoffs . But I do believe we don't have the depth yet to win out in conference games.

I don't get why a lot of people are thinking we are going to lose to Texas??? I get in college football a coaching staff has a huge impact on there players but they did not gain any significant talent. In fact UT and Herman's staff did a below average job of recruiting even with the limited amount of time they had to recruit. They'll be tougher but trust me, they won't be any more talented. Shane Buechele is a solid college QB but is not as mobile as Herman's offense likes them to be. There D'line is there only really good group. We'll be ok. I do think this is the first time since probably AD played that the winner of this year's game has a leg up in recruiting in the state of Texas since it is two new coaching staffs. This year more than ever, Texas recruits will be watching.
    The following users like this post: tennsooner

OU leads texsa at half by 10. Tommy boy French kisses players at half. OU wins by 40.
    7 users like OU812's post: ab5sr, OUrage, SoonerBull, SoonerPacker, South slider, tennsooner, tenten

Originally Posted by soonerProgrammer View Post
    I don't get why a lot of people are thinking we are going to lose to Texas??? I get in college football a coaching staff has a huge impact on there players but they did not gain any significant talent. In fact UT and Herman's staff did a below average job of recruiting even with the limited amount of time they had to recruit. They'll be tougher but trust me, they won't be any more talented. Shane Buechele is a solid college QB but is not as mobile as Herman's offense likes them to be. There D'line is there only really good group. We'll be ok. I do think this is the first time since probably AD played that the winner of this year's game has a leg up in recruiting in the state of Texas since it is two new coaching staffs. This year more than ever, Texas recruits will be watching.
    For me it's because in the last several years that no talent badly coached team has given OU everything they've wanted and even walked away with a win or two. Even in the losses they were competitive including last year with a squad that won 7 games.

I don't think it's a forgone conclusion, I just think with better coaching and another year of experience for their QB could be trouble.

The OU-tx game is a toss up every year, regardless of rankings or perception. OU has lost too many games they had no business losing to Texas over the years. Texas always has talent and if we don't show up ready for a fight, we'll lose.

That said, I think OU beats Texas and osu. Loses to tOSU and 1 other unexpected loss somewhere. Big12 champs again. No playoff for big12.
    The following users like this post: BoomSoon2016

Loss to Ohio State, Kansas State, and West Virginia. 9-3

Originally Posted by Basel90 View Post
    Wow that would be still considered a regression . OU should not lose to OSU , period !! I can understand a close loss to tOSU, but losing to OSU and Texas is not good . I have a feeling Lincoln will lead the team to at least one big win , either against tOSU or the playoffs . But I do believe we don't have the depth yet to win out in conference games.
    tOSU = the Ohio State University.
    The following users like this post: BoomSoon2016

Agree Texas rivalry is always a tough game regardless. Personally, I'm picking Texas solely on the fact that we are bound to stumble somewhere. And as much as I hate to say it OU needs Texas to be good again. Texas is the key to the perception that the Big XIi is legit. Would be ecstatic to catch Texas again for the championship.

The following users like this post: OKIRISHFAN

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    ...I think we take the annanuki in double o.t. by a field goal

SS

Originally Posted by OKIRISHFAN View Post
    For me it's because in the last several years that no talent badly coached team has given OU everything they've wanted and even walked away with a win or two. Even in the losses they were competitive including last year with a squad that won 7 games.

I don't think it's a forgone conclusion, I just think with better coaching and another year of experience for their QB could be trouble.
    This. Texas is NEVER an easy win for OU. The second our players start thinking that, we end up on ESPN as the upset of the week
    The following users like this post: OKIRISHFAN

Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    Year Prediction:
    This year will end in approx. 4 1/2 months just after midnight on December 31st.
    Reading this makes me realize how fast this year has passed. **** getting old.

Prediction:

Lose to Ohio State closely, run the table, win a NY6.

We are not losing to a ****ing whiny **** cheeseburger.
    The following users like this post: land burglar73507

Originally Posted by Lout View Post
    Reading this makes me realize how fast this year has passed. **** getting old.

Prediction:

Lose to Ohio State closely, run the table, win a NY6.

We are not losing to a ****ing whiny **** cheeseburger.
    Already have.

10-2 maybe 9-3. Double digit loss at tOSU.
    The following users like this post: Rufus T Firefly

15 wins vs. 0 losses. Rodney Anderson wins Heisman. Lincoln Riley named COY. Orlando Brown #1 pick in NFL draft.
    2 users like Balko's post: Lbarnum86, OUrage

A lot of you guys really suck at dreaming. If I'm predicting the season I'm damn sure not going to predict a loss.
    The following users like this post: Lbarnum86

One loss to "someone" and that loss won't be in the conference title game and Oklahoma will be in the playoffs. If not...FIRE PAT RILEY!!!*

* Denotes yeah, that's right, somebody is going to say "Pat" before it's all said and done with.
    The following users like this post: Lbarnum86

I find it strange that everyone picks our opponents to get better and OU to stay the same, as if our team exists in a vacuum. Texas has beaten us exactly 2 times since 2009, both times when we were the better team. Once as a send off for their good not great coach, and the other as an act of desperation to save their team from being a laughing stock.

Key points in both, in 2013...we had severely mediocre QB and OC play, and in 2015 we had a subpar OL and a 1st year starter at QB.

2016 wouldn't have been as close as it was if it werent for a bogus INT non-call, our starting FS getting injured, our starting CB getting knocked out, and Mixon fumbling twice on his own accord. They arent' good. Their players aren't world beaters. 2018 will be a tough out, and UT this year will give us everything they have but its just as likely this looks like the 2012 game as it does last year.

tOSU is the only team on our schedule with noticeably better talent, and their offense managed a whole yard more per play than ours, they just happened to be able to bomb 30 yard TD passes over our 5'10 CBs who had never played CB on our team. Cool.

Call it what you want, LR is now the head coach, the old "OU always drops one" thing was Bobs mantra, we dont know how LR will do. What we do know, is that these are all the same players he coached last year so they'll progress regardless of who the HC is. We'll be a better team than we were last year, even if our RBs took a major step back.
    4 users like Lbarnum86's post: BozzyBoy, CrimsonOberon, OUVarsityXV, zcaa0g

Originally Posted by Lbarnum86 View Post
    I find it strange that everyone picks our opponents to get better and OU to stay the same, as if our team exists in a vacuum. Texas has beaten us exactly 2 times since 2009, both times when we were the better team. Once as a send off for their good not great coach, and the other as an act of desperation to save their team from being a laughing stock.

Key points in both, in 2013...we had severely mediocre QB and OC play, and in 2015 we had a subpar OL and a 1st year starter at QB.

2016 wouldn't have been as close as it was if it werent for a bogus INT non-call, our starting FS getting injured, our starting CB getting knocked out, and Mixon fumbling twice on his own accord. They arent' good. Their players aren't world beaters. 2018 will be a tough out, and UT this year will give us everything they have but its just as likely this looks like the 2012 game as it does last year.

tOSU is the only team on our schedule with noticeably better talent, and their offense managed a whole yard more per play than ours, they just happened to be able to bomb 30 yard TD passes over our 5'10 CBs who had never played CB on our team. Cool.

Call it what you want, LR is now the head coach, the old "OU always drops one" thing was Bobs mantra, we dont know how LR will do. What we do know, is that these are all the same players he coached last year so they'll progress regardless of who the HC is. We'll be a better team than we were last year, even if our RBs took a major step back.
    "Me. Gambini, that is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection....overruled!"
    The following users like this post: SoonerBornPanda