When do Texas recruits start seeing through Herman's BS

Posted 81 day(s) ago by BozzyBoy21630 Views 216 Replies
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    it's been working, it's bought him some time and he's even over here making jokes about paying

the guy should become a comedian, maybe he could make enough money to pay his league fees then
    Cant just get money from soonerlifes old ass wife. Im sure yours can chip in for a good **** for once in her life

Originally Posted by soonerbartender View Post
    Cant just get money from soonerlifes old ass wife. Im sure yours can chip in for a good **** for once in her life
    you're trying way too hard at this, not even you think this one is funny after you posted it

do better

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    you're trying way too hard at this, not even you think this one is funny after you posted it

do better
    Not my best effort. Move to a soonerbartender vs soonerlife at the jungle gym mega fight thread

Originally Posted by BuckeyeRealist13 View Post
    lol Tom Herman isn't getting fired any time soon.
    I believe that is what will doom the longhorns for several years.

Tom herman is basically Kevin sumlin. They both won big at Houston and parlayed it into bigger texas gigs

Originally Posted by Ozia View Post
    I believe that is what will doom the longhorns for several years.

Tom herman is basically Kevin sumlin. They both won big at Houston and parlayed it into bigger texas gigs
    If that is the criteria, then yes, Tom Herman is Kevin Sumlin.

lol Tom Herman isn't getting fired any time soon.
    You reeeaaaly don't understand Texsa and their football, do you?

These people fire successful coaches at a moment;s notice.

Charlie Strong wasn't the first choice after the new AD, you remember the one who just got fired, ran off Mack. Charlie was like #4 choice because most established coaches understand that actually coaching is only half that job. The rest is putting up with being pulled in 16 different directions. All you have to say is "no" one time and the boiling oil starts.

Herman was a hot name, too young and dumb to know what he was getting himself into. You think he understood what shit Mack puts up with as a GA for a year?

Ohio State politics is completely different.

That "fairy dust" comment is still being mocked by people who are nervously laughing because they went all in on Herman; just ask Urban.

He gets waxed by OU, drops a few to the Iowa State's of this conference and he will be lucky to land at UTSA.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

Texas coach Tom Herman responds to former boss Urban Meyer’s comments

“I don’t have any (response),” Herman said. “I don’t have time to worry about comments made by somebody else about their program, I’m worried about our program and winning a game. Anybody that’s been around me and our staff for the last nine months knows that we’ve never disparaged the previous staff or our current players.”

Herman was then asked to clarify if he was blaming anybody with that fairy dust comment.

“Next question,” Herman said.

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    You reeeaaaly don't understand Texsa and their football, do you?

These people fire successful coaches at a moment;s notice.

Charlie Strong wasn't the first choice after the new AD, you remember the one who just got fired, ran off Mack. Charlie was like #4 choice because most established coaches understand that actually coaching is only half that job. The rest is putting up with being pulled in 16 different directions. All you have to say is "no" one time and the boiling oil starts.

Herman was a hot name, too young and dumb to know what he was getting himself into. You think he understood what shit Mack puts up with as a GA for a year?

Ohio State politics is completely different.

That "fairy dust" comment is still being mocked by people who are nervously laughing because they went all in on Herman; just ask Urban.

He gets waxed by OU, drops a few to the Iowa State's of this conference and he will be lucky to land at UTSA.
    Strong was their #4 choice and lasted 3 years without a winning season. That's not a "moment's notice". Herman was their #1 choice, I think he'll be there longer that Strong; even with a mediocre record this season. Secondly, if they shit can their number #1 choice in a "moment's notice", how are they going to recruit elite coaches to the program?
    The following users like this post: Hang Half a Hundred

Not a good start. Taking jabs as personal like that. Urban did it so he could continue to recruit those Texas kids. He nearly swept the 5 stars out of Texas last year. Herman's wife shouldn't be responding online either though
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post

Strong was their #4 choice and lasted 3 years without a winning season.

That's not a "moment's notice".

Herman was their #1 choice, I think he'll be there longer that Strong; even with a mediocre record this season.

Secondly, if they shit can their number #1 choice in a "moment's notice", how are they going to recruit elite coaches to the program?
    This is not complicated. Don't look at the coach, look at the Athletics Director and the University President. All this turmoil started when Deloss Dodds, the AD for 30 + years stepped down and was replaced by Steve Patterson.

1. Strong ( who may very well have been the 7th choice or more) was brought in by Patterson who lasted two years, remember? Patterson pushed Mack Brown out and wasn't going to fire CS as he was the one that brought him in. Once Patterson was gone, so was Charlie after the they did everything he could to turn the team around.

2. There were more than one coach pushed out including Mack Brown, Augie G, Barnes, and others. They had successful programs. They were still pushed out.

3. Strong was pushed out to open the space for Herman - who was the hot name of the moment - by the interim AD Mike Perrin. Perrin is going by June of 2018.

4. The interim AD and Herman were brought in by the new Texas President who was elected in 2015 That President succeed Bill Powers who was pushed out after 10 years in the position because, in part, he had brought in Patterson, et al.

5. They can't recruit elite coaches to the program. Mack came from that ACC powerhouse North Carolina and Charlie came from Louisville. Look at the list of coaches who declined the job; Dantonio (MSU), James Franklin (Vandy) Chip Kelly (now unemployed), Malzahn, Jim Mora (UCLA) as examples. Everyone of of these would have been a step up except that Kelly was at SF at the time. Herman jumped at the chance because he is young and dumb.

He keeps losing and making stupid remarks, when Perrin leaves, Herman is gone with him.

Strong was their #4 choice and lasted 3 years without a winning season. That's not a "moment's notice". Herman was their #1 choice, I think he'll be there longer that Strong; even with a mediocre record this season. Secondly, if they shit can their number #1 choice in a "moment's notice", how are they going to recruit elite coaches to the program?
    So you are saying because Tom is white he'll get more time than Strong. I can buy that.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    So you are saying because Tom is white he'll get more time than Strong. I can buy that.
    He will get less...

Tom Herman will have Texas on Ohio State/Alabama/Clemson level. Don't fret OU fans.
    You were partially correct. Texas is on the same level as Ohio Sate now... both 1-1.
    2 users like chris9996's post: RedStripe, theend

Coach Bubble gum or Coach Fairy Dust?

The following users like this post: TheBoots

Coach kissy face got another 4* DB. It looks like Texas' whole class will be WR's, DB's and QB's. Not many linemen to speak of. OU has Olineman out the arse and if we can get Perkins and/or Brown the Dline will be fine.

Tom Herman will have Texas on Ohio State/Alabama/Clemson level. Don't fret OU fans.
    Not necro, but worth the bump
    3 users like TheBoots's post: AcousticSoup, ATLantaSooner79, BobStoopsGinger

Tom Herman is only recruiting 3 positions apparently. DB, QB and WR. I remember Cholley doing the same thing a few years ago with DT's. Now they have all transferred. The same will happen with all these DB's and WR's.

Some mucho deniro is obviously being offered to get these kids to verbal sadly

The kid who just verbaled? Ut had his 7on7 "cosch" & his "trainer". If that ain't enuf, Squirmin Herman also had kids gf on a visit, & coaching staff & support staff, gave her a freaking standing ovation! That's Harbaugh level $hit, right there.
    The following users like this post: SoonerNow

I don't know how these UT kids don't see right through this garbage.

Mensa.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

He, like all UT coaches have a lot to sell. The academics, the social life, all very appealing to recruits. Herman, will also be able to sell, for a while at least, look how hard we played and look how close we came to beating SC and OU, without the horses. You come here and we will be able to take the next step. That's why I was hoping they got crushed ala Maryland against SC and us. He will have several top recruiting classes before he ahs to back it up on the field.

there will never be a time where they will have several bad recruiting classes in a row. santa Claus could recruit kids to UT. His character flaws (i.e.: the way his body language showed he did NOT care about Ehlinger), may prove to be his undoing, sooner...rather than later.

Any idiot can recruit top classes to texas. He's selling the state flagship university in a huge state with a rabid football following. Most UT players grow up dreaming of playing for texas.

His douchebaggery will get him fired if he doesn't beat OU or win enough games.

Originally Posted by barrister View Post
    He, like all UT coaches have a lot to sell. The academics, the social life, all very appealing to recruits. Herman, will also be able to sell, for a while at least, look how hard we played and look how close we came to beating SC and OU, without the horses. You come here and we will be able to take the next step. That's why I was hoping they got crushed ala Maryland against SC and us. He will have several top recruiting classes before he ahs to back it up on the field.
    Those Austin distractions and the UT factional fighting has worked to OU’s advantage
    Some recruits are mature enough to see the shallow nature of those detractions and don’t need them.
    Because many of OU’s best players from Texas are players that UT would not offer I never worry about how the Austin culture impacts OU recruiting.
    2 users like OU48A's post: CrimsonOberon, freedombird

I give Herman one more year. December 2018 and Texas will be looking for another coach:

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/sho...ll-at-the-PC-s

Originally Posted by Sooner Showtime View Post

He was hacked by Lavar Ball.
    4 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: Bear_Jew, CalSOONER, Sooner Showtime, sovasooner

Good. Good.

Let the hate flow.

Maybe his son should have stuck with his original commitment (OU)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't the 2nd Foreman brother a throw in to get older one to go to Texas and OU wasn't going to get blackmailed into that kind of a deal?
    The following users like this post: Hammer2Bones

Understand dad's pissed and going to go to bat for his son, but coaches want to win. I've heard this forever, Stoops isn't playing the best players for whatever reason. There are almost always reasons, like I said coaches want and need to win, they'll play anyone who they think can help. All that said it's glorious to watch any thing that hurts those losers image and recruiting.
    The following users like this post: NickDangerThirdEye

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Wasn't the 2nd Foreman brother a throw in to get older one to go to Texas and OU wasn't going to get blackmailed into that kind of a deal?
    I think the running back brother was the throw-in to get the WR. You’re right, OU wouldn’t play that game.
    The following users like this post: xunil

R. Kelly's Golden Stream
    Lifetime Achievement Award

The ironic thing was his brother ended up the better player.
    3 users like SoopaSooner's post: ATLantaSooner79, CalSOONER, northspeter

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post
    The ironic thing was his brother ended up the better player.
    By far!

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by SoonerSteve View Post
    Maybe his son should have stuck with his original commitment (OU)
    Heck no. Don't want that anywhere around here. Toxic.
    3 users like AppalachianSooner's post: Bustarime, OU48A, veyron_80

I would love to have gotten Foreman .I think he's a really good wr,just better WRs ahead of him

Texas easily has the second best wr core in the big 12 . They just don't have anyone to get them the ball . CAn you imagine those two 6'6 WRs running loose in Riley's offense with Baker throwing darts to them ?

Originally Posted by Sooner 1234 View Post
    I would love to have gotten Foreman .I think he's a really good wr,just better WRs ahead of him

Texas easily has the second best wr core in the big 12 . They just don't have anyone to get them the ball . CAn you imagine those two 6'6 WRs running loose in Riley's offense with Baker throwing darts to them ?
    Yeah, probably look like Mead out there. This offense runs fine with the shorter, quick cats.

Not impressed with their WRs
    The following users like this post: TheBoots

They had chances to catch the ball last Saturday against OSU and dropped quite a few of them. Really killed any chance they had of winning that game by repetitively dropping decent passes on third down. Easy to understand why they might be frustrated by lack of PT.

Originally Posted by Bear_Jew View Post
    They had chances to catch the ball last Saturday against OSU and dropped quite a few of them. Really killed any chance they had of winning that game by repetitively dropping decent passes on third down. Easy to understand why they might be frustrated by lack of PT.

Cost them the game...

Originally Posted by Bear_Jew View Post

Can you blame them? I mean not only were the not expecting it to be thrown at all but certainly not accurately.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Something like that. And wasn't the WR brother supposed to be the better one, and the RB the throw in?

This guy clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. Horns offense is solid.

Sincerely, Mike Stoops

I think Lil'Bitty O Jordan gonna emerge as a star.

I'd take him over anyone on their WR roster and ours, except Lamb.

Originally Posted by Bustarime View Post
    I think Lil'Bitty O Jordan gonna emerge as a star.

I'd take him over anyone on their WR roster and ours, except Lamb.
    Nah, Hemphill-Mapps is the one I would take

OSU also dropped a FOR SURE touchdown pass @ the 12 yd line.

Would not be surprised to see Fexas shit the bed at ****-U this weekend. Would be a meltdown of epic proportions!!!!!!

Horns offense is solid.
    Sincerely,
    Big 12 Refs (that allow up to two texas o-line holds on every play)
    fify
    The following users like this post: IKE93

Originally Posted by Tempesooner56 View Post
    Would not be surprised to see Fexas shit the bed at ****-U this weekend. Would be a meltdown of epic proportions!!!!!!

I think Baylor wins.