When do Texas recruits start seeing through Herman's BS

Posted 20 day(s) ago by BozzyBoy6323 Views 113 Replies
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    it's been working, it's bought him some time and he's even over here making jokes about paying

the guy should become a comedian, maybe he could make enough money to pay his league fees then
    Cant just get money from soonerlifes old ass wife. Im sure yours can chip in for a good **** for once in her life

Originally Posted by soonerbartender View Post
    Cant just get money from soonerlifes old ass wife. Im sure yours can chip in for a good **** for once in her life
    you're trying way too hard at this, not even you think this one is funny after you posted it

do better

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    you're trying way too hard at this, not even you think this one is funny after you posted it

do better
    Not my best effort. Move to a soonerbartender vs soonerlife at the jungle gym mega fight thread

Originally Posted by BuckeyeRealist13 View Post
    lol Tom Herman isn't getting fired any time soon.
    I believe that is what will doom the longhorns for several years.

Tom herman is basically Kevin sumlin. They both won big at Houston and parlayed it into bigger texas gigs

Originally Posted by Ozia View Post
    I believe that is what will doom the longhorns for several years.

Tom herman is basically Kevin sumlin. They both won big at Houston and parlayed it into bigger texas gigs
    If that is the criteria, then yes, Tom Herman is Kevin Sumlin.

lol Tom Herman isn't getting fired any time soon.
    You reeeaaaly don't understand Texsa and their football, do you?

These people fire successful coaches at a moment;s notice.

Charlie Strong wasn't the first choice after the new AD, you remember the one who just got fired, ran off Mack. Charlie was like #4 choice because most established coaches understand that actually coaching is only half that job. The rest is putting up with being pulled in 16 different directions. All you have to say is "no" one time and the boiling oil starts.

Herman was a hot name, too young and dumb to know what he was getting himself into. You think he understood what shit Mack puts up with as a GA for a year?

Ohio State politics is completely different.

That "fairy dust" comment is still being mocked by people who are nervously laughing because they went all in on Herman; just ask Urban.

He gets waxed by OU, drops a few to the Iowa State's of this conference and he will be lucky to land at UTSA.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

Texas coach Tom Herman responds to former boss Urban Meyer’s comments

“I don’t have any (response),” Herman said. “I don’t have time to worry about comments made by somebody else about their program, I’m worried about our program and winning a game. Anybody that’s been around me and our staff for the last nine months knows that we’ve never disparaged the previous staff or our current players.”

Herman was then asked to clarify if he was blaming anybody with that fairy dust comment.

“Next question,” Herman said.

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    You reeeaaaly don't understand Texsa and their football, do you?

These people fire successful coaches at a moment;s notice.

Charlie Strong wasn't the first choice after the new AD, you remember the one who just got fired, ran off Mack. Charlie was like #4 choice because most established coaches understand that actually coaching is only half that job. The rest is putting up with being pulled in 16 different directions. All you have to say is "no" one time and the boiling oil starts.

Herman was a hot name, too young and dumb to know what he was getting himself into. You think he understood what shit Mack puts up with as a GA for a year?

Ohio State politics is completely different.

That "fairy dust" comment is still being mocked by people who are nervously laughing because they went all in on Herman; just ask Urban.

He gets waxed by OU, drops a few to the Iowa State's of this conference and he will be lucky to land at UTSA.
    Strong was their #4 choice and lasted 3 years without a winning season. That's not a "moment's notice". Herman was their #1 choice, I think he'll be there longer that Strong; even with a mediocre record this season. Secondly, if they shit can their number #1 choice in a "moment's notice", how are they going to recruit elite coaches to the program?
    The following users like this post: Hang Half a Hundred

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    Texas coach Tom Herman responds to former boss Urban Meyer’s comments

Not a good start. Taking jabs as personal like that. Urban did it so he could continue to recruit those Texas kids. He nearly swept the 5 stars out of Texas last year. Herman's wife shouldn't be responding online either though
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post

Strong was their #4 choice and lasted 3 years without a winning season.

That's not a "moment's notice".

Herman was their #1 choice, I think he'll be there longer that Strong; even with a mediocre record this season.

Secondly, if they shit can their number #1 choice in a "moment's notice", how are they going to recruit elite coaches to the program?
    This is not complicated. Don't look at the coach, look at the Athletics Director and the University President. All this turmoil started when Deloss Dodds, the AD for 30 + years stepped down and was replaced by Steve Patterson.

1. Strong ( who may very well have been the 7th choice or more) was brought in by Patterson who lasted two years, remember? Patterson pushed Mack Brown out and wasn't going to fire CS as he was the one that brought him in. Once Patterson was gone, so was Charlie after the they did everything he could to turn the team around.

2. There were more than one coach pushed out including Mack Brown, Augie G, Barnes, and others. They had successful programs. They were still pushed out.

3. Strong was pushed out to open the space for Herman - who was the hot name of the moment - by the interim AD Mike Perrin. Perrin is going by June of 2018.

4. The interim AD and Herman were brought in by the new Texas President who was elected in 2015 That President succeed Bill Powers who was pushed out after 10 years in the position because, in part, he had brought in Patterson, et al.

5. They can't recruit elite coaches to the program. Mack came from that ACC powerhouse North Carolina and Charlie came from Louisville. Look at the list of coaches who declined the job; Dantonio (MSU), James Franklin (Vandy) Chip Kelly (now unemployed), Malzahn, Jim Mora (UCLA) as examples. Everyone of of these would have been a step up except that Kelly was at SF at the time. Herman jumped at the chance because he is young and dumb.

He keeps losing and making stupid remarks, when Perrin leaves, Herman is gone with him.

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    Strong was their #4 choice and lasted 3 years without a winning season. That's not a "moment's notice". Herman was their #1 choice, I think he'll be there longer that Strong; even with a mediocre record this season. Secondly, if they shit can their number #1 choice in a "moment's notice", how are they going to recruit elite coaches to the program?
    So you are saying because Tom is white he'll get more time than Strong. I can buy that.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    So you are saying because Tom is white he'll get more time than Strong. I can buy that.
    He will get less...

Tom Herman will have Texas on Ohio State/Alabama/Clemson level. Don't fret OU fans.
    You were partially correct. Texas is on the same level as Ohio Sate now... both 1-1.
    2 users like chris9996's post: RedStripe, theend

Coach Bubble gum or Coach Fairy Dust?

The following users like this post: TheBoots