What network are we on for Tulane?

Posted 10 day(s) ago 10136 Views 183 Replies
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3

I'll be at the game this weekend so it won't really matter for me, but does anybody know much about the Tulane game? It's a weird start time (5:00) and as far as I know we're not on TV. Very weird for a team like OU to not even be televised.

Pay-Per-View. I think we do one a year.

if you're lucky enough to receive the local fox channel in st petersburg, you'll get it free!

http://www.landthieves.com/board/sho...iew-Game/page5
    9 users like blackfrancois's post: BobStoopsGinger, cbsooner, chsguy2013, DIB, King Barry, OUrage, soonerson, StatGeek, theend

Nice try OP.

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    if you're lucky enough to receive the local fox channel in st petersburg, you'll get it free!
    OU football is huge in Russia.

Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    OU football is huge in Russia.
    In Soviet Russia, OU flag plant you.

So we will we have to pay additional money to see this game on the television?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by acheman8 View Post
    So we will we have to pay additional money to see this game on the television?

Yes. That's what Pay Per View means. It's like $55.
    2 users like dallasstars10's post: Dingo, lonetreebill

Paper view
    2 users like traxx's post: SA OSO, ThatGuy

Originally Posted by dallasstars10 View Post
    Is that US, Canadian or Australian dollars?

We've been doing the PPV for years. How does a Sooner fan not know about it?
    2 users like Will I Am Not's post: SoonerNow, StatGeek

For just $10 more, you could buy a ticket, or just listen to the radio for free.

Originally Posted by Sooner Shemp View Post
    For just $10 more, you could buy a ticket, or just listen to the radio for free.
    I'm in St. Louis, what radio station is it on? Will try I-heart radio

3 users like Soonerlife's post: echo101, jakel, qckndrty

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    I'll be at the game this weekend so it won't really matter for me, but does anybody know much about the Tulane game? It's a weird start time (5:00) and as far as I know we're not on TV. Very weird for a team like OU to not even be televised.
    ESPN conspiracy in full effect after Baker dotted the Buckeye's eye.
    The following users like this post: Mississippi Sooner

Sarcasm.

Look it up.

Originally Posted by m40 View Post
    Won't be on iheart.. Try the tunein radio app.. I believe there is an OU channel on it..

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    2 users like northspeter's post: p23570, SA OSO

Before or after taxes?
    The following users like this post: Widescreen

what radio station is it on?
    the first two games were both on KLOR fm on the tunein radio app.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=210185760
    2 users like blackfrancois's post: ben.woods1986, BlownGP

Where do I send my check? To the television people? You think they will take a money order?

3 users like acheman8's post: chris9996, SA OSO, Stoopsies Pinkie

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    The pay-per-view network.

The game runs about $60, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem if you can gather a group of friends to split the cost. You can also listen on the radio.

Originally Posted by OUInformant View Post
    The pay-per-view network.

The game runs about $60, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem if you can gather a group of friends to split the cost. You can also listen on the radio.
    Or just follow the game thread on here..
    The following users like this post: Bubblehead

Slightly off topic, does anyone know what time the players will walk in and where they do it now? I haven't been to a game since the stadium expansion. I know it used to be about 2.5 hrs before kickoff and they'd walk into the Switzer center. Is it still at the same place? Thanks!

This Saturday I suspect someone taking $60 to Norman could buy 6 tickets. Nice seats too.
    3 users like SoonerAtty's post: BehindEnemyLines, DakotaXIV, northspeter

6 users like Mazeppa's post: acheman8, echo101, h-townsooner, jakel, lonetreebill, northspeter

Originally Posted by acheman8 View Post
    Where do I send my check? To the television people? You think they will take a money order?
    No, you need to send it to the internet. But they only take bitcoin.
    3 users like Widescreen's post: acheman8, chris9996, ouwasp

Their website shows Tunein radio.
    http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=210185760
    The following users like this post: northspeter

Has anyone seen anything on PPV on Direct TV? I looked last night and did not see anything?

Originally Posted by Topeka Sooner View Post
    Has anyone seen anything on PPV on Direct TV? I looked last night and did not see anything?
    You won't be able to buy it on DTV until the end of the week. Been that way forever.

There's actually a new way to stream the PayPerView for free. It's somewhat complicated, but if you don't have a pinto bean for a brain, you should be able to set it up pretty easily. Obviously you need an internet connection and a streaming device. A moded fire stick would probably be the best bet. After setting up your fire stick, you will need to also get a FM transmitter, and a FM modulator. If you don't have Bluetooth fitted to your car, you can get it integrated. It comes with a control button, allowing you to make a hands free call. While making this call, is when you have the ability to intercept the incoming signal from whatever cable provider you subscribe to. Most passive systems have what they call a buctless mini split, that utilizes a heat pump that's smaller than the evaporator coil. Once you have your line set, you should be able to tune your cable box to the PPV channel, and view the selection without paying for the service. It's worked a few times for me already. Been pretty happy with it so far. I've watched all the obscure football games, new movies, and tons of **** over the past 16 weeks, without any issue.

Originally Posted by Whisker Biscuits View Post
    There's actually a new way to stream the PayPerView for free. It's somewhat complicated, but if you don't have a pinto bean for a brain, you should be able to set it up pretty easily. Obviously you need an internet connection and a streaming device. A moded fire stick would probably be the best bet. After setting up your fire stick, you will need to also get a FM transmitter, and a FM modulator. If you don't have Bluetooth fitted to your car, you can get it integrated. It comes with a control button, allowing you to make a hands free call. While making this call, is when you have the ability to intercept the incoming signal from whatever cable provider you subscribe to. Most passive systems have what they call a buctless mini split, that utilizes a heat pump that's smaller than the evaporator coil. Once you have your line set, you should be able to tune your cable box to the PPV channel, and view the selection without paying for the service. It's worked a few times for me already. Been pretty happy with it so far. I've watched all the obscure football games, new movies, and tons of **** over the past 16 weeks, without any issue.
    Ok. I got everything set up except for the evaporator coil. Can I use a condenser instead??

4 users like acheman8's post: blackfrancois, Budong, lauderdaleOU, lonetreebill

I must have a pinto bean for a brain.
    7 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: BozzyBoy, DakotaXIV, freedombird, h-townsooner, northspeter, Pete 4 President, Sooner5030

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post
    You won't be able to buy it on DTV until the end of the week. Been that way forever.
    Do you have to have Fox Sports SW?

Originally Posted by Topeka Sooner View Post
    Do you have to have Fox Sports SW?
    No. It's it's on standalone channel somewhere in the 700's.

I think I figured out how to get Bob Barry calling it on my HAM radio so I'm cool. Maker Bayfield drops back to pass..... Intercepted........ Touchdown Oklahoma!!!
    5 users like willie's post: acheman8, Bubblehead, HorpelKrufkin, northspeter, ThreeHatBilly

Originally Posted by kingpasty View Post
    Slightly off topic, does anyone know what time the players will walk in and where they do it now? I haven't been to a game since the stadium expansion. I know it used to be about 2.5 hrs before kickoff and they'd walk into the Switzer center. Is it still at the same place? Thanks!
    It is still approximately 2.5 hours before kick-off. They get off the bus and walk up the new circle drive into the lobby of the SEZ.

Note: If you are there to cheer the team and see folks in line waiting to enter the stadium at the SEZ, this is for suite & club only. Regular ticket holders must enter through regular gates.

Odd how I'll watch this game on the same channel I watched Mayweather vs. McGregor. The Periscope channel. Some Good Samaritan with a steady hand will point their phone at the TV and share with Sooner faithful.
    3 users like Tx Sooner's post: h-townsooner, Matthias, SoonerButch

Originally Posted by SoonerCAS View Post
    It is still approximately 2.5 hours before kick-off. They get off the bus and walk up the new circle drive into the lobby of the SEZ.

Note: If you are there to cheer the team and see folks in line waiting to enter the stadium at the SEZ, this is for suite & club only. Regular ticket holders must enter through regular gates.
    Yes - we were wanting to see the players walk in. Do they walk by you outisde on their way in? Or is the best way to see them inside of the SEZ? I'd rather not enter the stadium that early....

There are streaming sites that will carry it. There are ways around PPV.

Originally Posted by echo101 View Post
    Does it make you feel good to take food out of the mouths of children and puppies? You make me sick.

well, i'm in, 220, 221, whatever It takes
    4 users like Peter94506's post: CalSOONER, lauderdaleOU, Soonerjeepman, Soonertodd

My gf has never been to a Hooters before. Seems like a good enough reason to have an early lunch on Saturday.

If not, I'll just wait till it's on youtube on Sunday.

I'm also in the Lou. The OU Club of St. Louis will have the game on at its weekly watch party. It's at Urban Chestnut in The Grove this week. That's where I'll be watching.

I am willing to pay for the PPV on Direct TV. I just want to make sure it is available in the Topeka area. It is not showing up.....yet??? Is the Sooner Club of KC still having their events? We have traveled over there in the past.

Originally Posted by Hammer2Bones View Post
    My gf has never been to a Hooters before. Seems like a good enough reason to have an early lunch on Saturday.

If not, I'll just wait till it's on youtube on Sunday.
    Pics of gf?

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Pics of gf?
    Used to have some in ViP...

Then I saw the folly of letting the garbage posting queers on this site see muh dick.
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by Whisker Biscuits View Post
    A moded fire stick would probably be the best bet.

Would a pimp stick work here? Asking for an aggy friend.
    The following users like this post: jakel

I wouldn't pay $55 to see the Archangels vs the Dominions ... or whatever the hell that story was.

Especially not if they were going at Tulane.

Originally Posted by echo101 View Post
    Not if you have a pinto bean for a brain.
    2 users like BozzyBoy's post: RockFlagandEagle, StroudSooner