Low T Centers

Posted 70 day(s) ago 2072 Views 41 Replies

Low T Centers

Hear a ton of ads on the sports radio stations for these--Pros and Cons? Experiences? Costs? Alternatives? ......................I know, I know, inviting the bantering!!

Supplement with Maca and Tribulus

Low T Centers know what they are doing, but will also upsale you. IMO if you think you have low T, get your levels tested at your PCP. If on the low side, but within range, the PCP probably won't prescribe anything. If you think you need TRT at that point, then go to the Low T Center, but expect to pay....

If you are below the threshold, you may have something else going in (either with your beans or your pituitary gland). Probably want to work with an Endocronoligist, or a well-versed PCP in that scenario.

Read, read, read. There is a lot of information out there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 users like NAMLOOT's post: KCRuf/Nek, lauderdaleOU

I'm really concerned that there have not been any "grow a pair" jokes yet.
    2 users like SoonerAtty's post: Soonerp, StoopTroup

It is easy money for doctors. That should tell you all you need to know.

My brother is an OB/GYN. He knows several others that quit their OB/GYN practices and became low-T treatment hucksters because they make a whole lot for doing very little.

He says 90% of the people prescribed don't need it.
    4 users like Stinger_1066's post: ChocoLab, OnlyOneOklahoma, StroudSooner

Just get a side piece or a new wife
    4 users like barlowd's post: Morningwood, RedRiverBaron, Stinger_1066, ultimatesooner

I don't understand the benefits. Less hair on my head and more hair on the rest of my body is something I really don't need to pay for.
    2 users like Mississippi Sooner's post: Bruce, Stinger_1066

What about the eunuchs? What do they use?

If you are looking for this advice on LT you don't have Low T. Your estrogen levels are overwhelmingly high.
    7 users like Soonerp's post: Bruce, kingswitz, meandmybutt, Shooter, SiggyPoke, Stinger_1066, StoopTroup

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Just get a side piece or a new wife
    Exactly. If you think you may have a physical problem, you don't.

You're just bored with your current partner.

Dump her and experience something new.

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Exactly. If you think you may have a physical problem, you don't.

You're just bored with your current partner.

Dump her and experience something new.
    Try and have her hold a **** mag while....?

Go see your doctor. They're shady.
    5 users like OUDoc's post: 1stTimeCaller, KCRuf/Nek, kingswitz, Lake_Bum, Mjcpr

I've had test pellets. They are awesome!!!

If there was ever a post I was qualified to comment on its this one. Why? Because I'm in the lab consulting business and consult for several labs that service physicians that provide TRT. First off go with pellets over injections. Injections give you peaks and valleys which lead to mood swings and impotence. You can avoid that with pellets. Physicians that provide pellets also tend to charge significantly less due to less hands on office visits, lab work, etc. In my experience Low T and BioTe are nothing but middle men and scam artists looking to upcharge the shit out of patients. They also have, let's say less than stellar records concerning lab testing. IOW, everyone that walks through their doors has low testosterone. I know several physicians in the OKC metro that actually do it the right way. And the bonus is they don't charge thousands of dollars per year to provide you with TRT. How can they do this? They have their own LEGITIMATE in office labs and they deal direct with pellet manufacturers hence cutting out the middle man where all the cost is at.

Long story short. Do your research and go with pellets. TRT has been a life changer for ALOT of people.
    2 users like odin's beard's post: Bob, Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    It is easy money for doctors. That should tell you all you need to know.

My brother is an OB/GYN. He knows several others that quit their OB/GYN practices and became low-T treatment hucksters because they make a whole lot for doing very little.

He says 90% of the people prescribed don't need it.
    If you're talking about need to survive he is correct. However a lot of folks out there are looking to do more than just survive. I am not a TRT patient nor do I profit from said patients but I do work in the lab field and consult for several physicians that provide TRT along side their normal everyday services and I've seen patients lives be influenced greatly by TRT and other types of hormone therapy. People don't need to dog TRT just because some ****s (looking at you Low T and BioTe) give it a bad name.
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by OUDoc View Post
    Go see your doctor. They're shady.
    My endo checked my blood and prescribed me some testosterone shots twice a month. The one vial lasted me a couple years. Cost me like $25.
    The following users like this post: Bootlegger'sBoy

DONT do the low T center bullshit. It will shut down your natural system. How about just quit eating junk food, join a gym, get jacked and all else will fall into place.

4 users like SoonerSteve's post: Lake_Bum, Morningwood, smitten, Stinger_1066

It's a marketing scam. Pharma is big business. The people that need T supplements are rare. Average joe doesn't need it and is just wasting money, which is what the big pharma want you to do.

Low T Centers

Isn't it something like only 3% or even less of the population that has some sort of legitimate medical condition that causes them to have abnormally low testosterone? And the rest have normal testosterone levels, it has just dropped/is dropping due to age? So in other words, that is what is supposed to happen naturally with age.

I'm not saying people shouldn't take stuff to try to fend off aging, whatever man, it's your life. But don't claim it's a "medical condition."

Last edited by mgsooner; September 13th, 2017 at 12:14 AM.

Originally Posted by SoonerSteve View Post
    DONT do the low T center bullshit. It will shut down your natural system. How about just quit eating junk food, join a gym, get jacked and all else will fall into place.

This. Exercise & proper diet will correct most peoples issues.

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Isn't it something like only 3% or even less of the population that has some sort of legitimate medical condition that causes them to have abnormally low testosterone? And the rest have normal testosterone levels, it has just dropped/is dropping due to age? So in other words, that is what is supposed to happen naturally with age.

I'm not saying people shouldn't take stuff to try to fend off aging, whatever man, it's your life. But don't claim it's a "medical condition."
    I'm a 3%er. And it is a "Medical Condition.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Hormone therapy is risky business. See your PCP instead. If you don't have a PCP, and you're thinking about altering your hormone levels then you need a PCP.
    2 users like Bootlegger'sBoy's post: KCRuf/Nek, Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by SoonerSteve View Post

I like the "get jacked" part of this! Is that how they check you for low T?
    3 users like soonerbornsoonerbrett's post: ATLantaSooner79, Mississippi Sooner, RockFlagandEagle

Originally Posted by NAMLOOT View Post
    As am I.

Testosterone shots truly saved my marriage. And I wasn't having trouble getting it up. She didn't want to **** any more than was necessary because I was a moody, low energy piece of shit. It was ruining my career (couldn't remember shit) and was ruining my social life because I wasn't any fun to be around.

One shot and I knew the doctor was right. I didn't go to a clinic, I went to my PCP, who checked my levels and consulted me.

Given the other posts in the thread, I'm going to ask about the pellets. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but it is definitely for me.

Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    As am I.

Testosterone shots truly saved my marriage. And I wasn't having trouble getting it up. She didn't want to **** any more than was necessary because I was a moody, low energy piece of shit. It was ruining my career (couldn't remember shit) and was ruining my social life because I wasn't any fun to be around.

One shot and I knew the doctor was right. I didn't go to a clinic, I went to my PCP, who checked my levels and consulted me.

Given the other posts in the thread, I'm going to ask about the pellets. I'm sure it's not for everyone, but it is definitely for me.
    Define any more than necessary.

I hated those shots into my thigh.

As am I.

I had a similar experience...

Went to the Low T center and they had my levels jacked up over 1000. Caused my heart to start palpitate.

Went to my Urologist and he got me on the right track. Most people hear TRT and don't relate it to steriods...lol, synthetic testosterone IS an anabolic steroid.
    The following users like this post: IndySooner

Originally Posted by SoonerDustin View Post
    I had a similar experience...

Went to the Low T center and they had my levels jacked up over 1000. Caused my heart to start palpitate.
    I've seen some of the labs that come back from those places. The low end of their "normal" range for testosterone is way higher that ours. It's a money-making scam. How else can they afford to advertise constantly on radio and TV?

If you're part of the 3%, sure. If you're part of the 97% that is just starting to go "a little soft", no.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Define any more than necessary.

I hated those shots into my thigh.
    Definition: When she couldn't hold out any longer.

Let me answer in advance: I'm 99% sure she wasn't going elsewhere.

If you're part of the 3%, sure. If you're part of the 97% that is just starting to go "a little soft", no.
    I wasn't, but my doctor told me that would have happened if I didn't get it treated. I was actually surprised to hear his diagnosis because I wasn't having those issues and I thought that's what it was.
    The following users like this post: mgsooner

I inject 200mg/dl of Testosterone Cypionate weekly. My levels were in the 70s and the low normal range is 300-1200. I run 600+ now and feel significantly better. I do have an underlying condition in my head (I'm sure you guys aren't surprised) that I believe is contributing to the low levels. Both my dad and brother had low levels too, so something genetic going on. I like to think that my dads levels were a big contributor in his decision to leave us. Makes me that much more aware of it.

As far as getting to my current levels, it hasn't come without challenges. I have to take Arimadex to keep Estrogen in range. Also, BP has been higher, so trying to manage through that.
    The following users like this post: lauderdaleOU

Those commercials had me convinced that I had an issue. Saw my PCP, and was tested in office. No clinical problems, not even on the low side. Definitely see your PCP first.

3 users like the_Mont's post: IndySooner, KCRuf/Nek, Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by the_Mont View Post
    Those commercials had me convinced that I had an issue. Saw my PCP, and was tested in office. No clinical problems, not even on the low side. Definitely see your PCP first.
    I guess that's what I find a little disingenuous. They spam that commercial for Big Dr. Charles ARAKAKI and the "Universal Men's Clinic" on the Tulsa Sports Animal all day long. I can't remember the exact language he uses, but it's something along the lines of "you may have a condition called Low T." Emphasis on the term "condition." From their website:

Universal Men’s Clinic is a men’s health clinic focused on improving men’s sexual health and well-being with state-of-the-art erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, and low testosterone treatments. We treat these health conditions (which include andropause, ED, hypogonadism, and Low T) with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) or similar medical treatments.

"Health conditions." Getting older and experiencing a reduction in your testosterone level is not a "health condition." It's just aging. Is aging a "health condition?" Again that's not to say that there aren't people who have low testosterone due to a legitimate medical problem, there just aren't very many of them.
    2 users like mgsooner's post: OUDoc, the_Mont

I may need this.... my woody is down to 10 1/2 inches, and I can only last for around 3 hours now.

I realize both are low for landthieves.
    4 users like Clark W. Griswold's post: brokebacksooner, lauderdaleOU, SiggyPoke, Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by Clark W. Griswold View Post
    I may need this.... my woody is down to 10 1/2 inches, and I can only last for around 3 hours now.

Praying for you.
    2 users like soonerbornsoonerbrett's post: Clark W. Griswold, NAMLOOT

I guess that's what I find a little disingenuous. They spam that commercial for Big Dr. Charles ARAKAKI and the "Universal Men's Clinic" on the Tulsa Sports Animal all day long. I can't remember the exact language he uses, but it's something along the lines of "you may have a condition called Low T." Emphasis on the term "condition." From their website:

Universal Men’s Clinic is a men’s health clinic focused on improving men’s sexual health and well-being with state-of-the-art erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, and low testosterone treatments. We treat these health conditions (which include andropause, ED, hypogonadism, and Low T) with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) or similar medical treatments.

"Health conditions." Getting older and experiencing a reduction in your testosterone level is not a "health condition." It's just aging. Is aging a "health condition?" Again that's not to say that there aren't people who have low testosterone due to a legitimate medical problem, there just aren't very many of them.
    In my case, I went to my doctor because I thought I was losing it. I've had quite a few concussions in my day, and I thought my moodiness and lack of memory were from that. My doctor told me that would have presented itself in a different way and thought it was Low T. I told him that couldn't be because I wasn't having any problems sexually. Evidently, those symptoms typically come later, and once the results came back, he said I would have been soon.

I've had friends go in since and none of them have been close to as low as I was. Was an eye opener for me for sure.
    The following users like this post: mgsooner

In my case, I went to my doctor because I thought I was losing it. I've had quite a few concussions in my day, and I thought my moodiness and lack of memory were from that. My doctor told me that would have presented itself in a different way and thought it was Low T. I told him that couldn't be because I wasn't having any problems sexually. Evidently, those symptoms typically come later, and once the results came back, he said I would have been soon.

I've had friends go in since and none of them have been close to as low as I was. Was an eye opener for me for sure.
    Hey man, whatever helps. I'm really not saying I'm anti low t meds or anything like that, it just kind of bugs me the way some of these "men's clinics" market themselves. Sounds like you did the right thing by going to your doctor.

Originally Posted by soonerquest View Post
    Hear a ton of ads on the sports radio stations for these--Pros and Cons? Experiences? Costs? Alternatives? ......................I know, I know, inviting the bantering!!
    Good Lord, dont ask people on LT about Low T. Go seek real professional advice......

.....From your OB/GYN.

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    Good Lord, dont ask people on LT about Low T. Go seek real professional advice......

.....From your OB/GYN.
    It happens. My brother is an OB/GYN and he says he sometimes provides treatment for the male partners of his female patients.

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post

.....From your OB/GYN.
    Mine was low enough that my levels were equivalent to a woman....... the speculum was cold.
    The following users like this post: bushmaster06

Mine was low enough that my levels were equivalent to a woman....... the speculum was cold.
    I saw a movie about a wife (who was a pharmacist) that wanted her husband to become a woman. He wouldn't agree to it. So she slipped female hormones into his food and other drugs to limit male hormones production. His junk shriveled up, he grew boobs, lost his facial hair....etc. He eventually became very effeminate and wanted to go full "Caitlyn". Is your wife a pharmacist or a doctor by chance?

Originally Posted by Clark W. Griswold View Post

With the side effects being less hair on your head and more on your back you'd be even more ****ed than you already are. Pray hard soonerbornbrett!
    The following users like this post: Clark W. Griswold