***Official Oklahoma City Thunder 2017/18 Season Thread***

Posted 151 day(s) ago by SoonerVikeThunder246726 Views 8686 Replies
Results 8,651 to 8,687 of 8687
Page 174 of 174 74 124 164 172 173 174

***Official Oklahoma City Thunder 2017/18 Season Thread***

I’ll take every win no matter how it happens from now until the all star break and beyond. Make progress, hopefully
    2 users like OUEverest's post: CrimsonOberon, Spade1000

Last edited by OUEverest; February 15th, 2018 at 01:59 AM.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    By what measure? He shoots well. For reference, he's 4% points behind Steph in 3pt%. That's his job--shooting. He's not going to create off the dribble. He's a catch and shoot guy. It's up to Billy or his teammates to get things done to get him those shots.
    If he's shooting 8-10 3s a game his % would go way down. This guy is a bad 3 point shooter and has been all year. He will have maybe one or two games where he makes a few 3s then about 10 where he completely does nothing and is useless on the court.

Originally Posted by WheatStateSooner View Post
    So, you still think Abrines brings more than Ferguson?
    Most night, yea. Ferg was good last night. He disappears too many nights though, bc he’s young.

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    If he's shooting 8-10 3s a game his % would go way down. This guy is a bad 3 point shooter and has been all year. He will have maybe one or two games where he makes a few 3s then about 10 where he completely does nothing and is useless on the court.
    He hasn’t been all year. Do you understand the numbers? He’s shoe 37%+ this year. And he hits almost4 of every 10 he shoots. The way randomness works, there will be clusters of males and clusters of misses.
    4 users like oucub23's post: Bear_Jew, CrimsonOberon, Keef, Malicong

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    What has Paul George done the season that makes him an all star? Nothing stands out. Right now he is just a guy.
    Originally Posted by ChocoLab View Post
    My god, PG's three point shooting lately
    How stupid was I when I made the above post 3 weeks ago?

I guess he must lurk on LT. Ever since I said that he has been shoving it back in my face.
    4 users like Stinger_1066's post: ChocoLab, Keef, Malicong, Spade1000

He’s not wrong.

Outside of Kryrie and his “the earth is flat” nonsense......that makes him a little weird.

Nevermind that Hou, Minnesota and SA all got better too.

He is wrong.

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    When he actually does get to shoot more, the opposite tends to happen. He is a rhythm shooter and you can't get into rhythm by taking 3 shots in 20+ min.
    He isn't going to be a Kyle Korver, but he is certainly capable of 40%+ from 3.

Didn't watch the Cowherd clip bc I pretty much know what he's saying already -- Lebron is King of everything and Russ kinda sucks. He's a broken record.

Can't watch him unless it's on SFY where Whitlock and the guests can keep him and his goofy statements in check. Stinger, did you miss the show as much as I did yesterday? Thought it had been cancelled suddenly, but I guess they're just on break til next week.

Didn't watch the Cowherd clip bc I pretty much know what he's saying already -- Lebron is King of everything and Russ kinda sucks. He's a broken record.

Can't watch him unless it's on SFY where Whitlock and the guests can keep him and his goofy statements in check. Stinger, did you miss the show as much as I did yesterday? Thought it had been cancelled suddenly, but I guess they're just on break til next week.
    Yeah, I was planning to watch, but nothing was recorded.

I was more interested in the Olympics anyway.

he doesn't say russ sucks...
    he says russ can't figure it out.......and he has a good point....
    lebron and a bunch of scrubs beat okc with 3 all stars and a beast in the paint....
    oladipo/sabonis look like scrubs in okc........then one turns into an all-star in indiana...
    something is wrong with that picture...

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    lebron and a bunch of scrubs beat okc with 3 all stars and a beast in the paint....
    oladipo/sabonis look like scrubs in okc........then one turns into an all-star in indiana...
    i understand what you are saying except on the oladipo deal. his stats didn't drop at all in okc. in fact they increased at about the same rate as they did when he was in Orlando. He didn't get as many shots in okc because he wasn't the #1 guy anymore. And he is again in Indy. Plus, he's back in the shitty East, which helps him as well.
    2 users like Keef's post: ChocoLab, CrimsonOberon

I dunno, I'm not the biggest Melo fan but I have no problem with him since he did accept that role as the #3 guy. (Or maybe 4 behind Steve some nights.)

There are times we need his scoring, especially like tonight when IMO Russ still wasn't quite 100% and exploding to the rim like he usually does.
    Early on he was horrible on offense, but kept chucking

How stupid was I when I made the above post 3 weeks ago?

I guess he must lurk on LT. Ever since I said that he has been shoving it back in my face.
    Nothing to apologize for...you were right at the time you posted that. Dude is finding his groove. Just wish his consistency would improve, but admittedly, I'm being hard on him.
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

Abrines is not good.

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    Russ wasn't 100% in that game, either. Clearly that ankle wasn't right because although he had decent numbers, he didn't play anything like he usually does.

I doubt Cowherd was saying this when the Thunder put almost 150 on Cleveland just a few weeks ago, but that's classic Cowherd when the facts don't fit his narrative. One game then and it was just a bored Cleveland team in a meanginless regular season. One game the other night and it's a huge indicator of everything.

P.S. Cleveland won't be shooting 50% from three the rest of the year, either. They made good trades for sure, but it's not like they're going undefeated the rest of the year.
    4 users like ChocoLab's post: kopp0e, Section31, Spade1000, Squad

Russ wasn't 100% in that game, either. Clearly that ankle wasn't right because although he had decent numbers, he didn't play anything like he usually does.

I doubt Cowherd was saying this when the Thunder put almost 150 on Cleveland just a few weeks ago, but that's classic Cowherd when the facts don't fit his narrative. One game then and it was just a bored Cleveland team in a meanginless regular season. One game the other night and it's a huge indicator of everything.

P.S. Cleveland won't be shooting 50% from three the rest of the year, either. They made good trades for sure, but it's not like they're going undefeated the rest of the year.
    But Westbrook has been healthy the rest of the year and they are barely better than they were last year.

Are you all still waiting for them to “gel” and giving them a pass?

I think Everest’s point of simply taking a win as a win no matter what, and walking away grateful is the smart move.

Your Thunder squad is so bi-polar it’s bordering on comical

still slightly missing the point....
    the cavs then went to boston and beat them.......2 wins within a couple weeks of getting 4 new players....
    what is taking the thunder so long to figure out how to beat people with 3 able bodied all-stars?

I think 87 and 21 are coming from the same directional POV. Worlds are colliding.
    3 users like Mixer!'s post: 2121sooner, ChocoLab, Keef

Originally Posted by 2121sooner View Post
    Your Thunder squad is so bi-polar it’s bordering on comical
    I like to call it "entertainment".

Also, Mixer's last post was pure "entertainment".
    2 users like Keef's post: 2121sooner, Mixer!

But Westbrook has been healthy the rest of the year and they are barely better than they were last year.

Are you all still waiting for them to “gel” and giving them a pass?
    For the most part they have gelled the last month or so when the starters are playing. Of course the bench isn't good, but that happens when you make two 2-for-1 trades.

If they play in the playoffs like they did the first two months of the season, then you can say the whole thing was a failure.
    The following users like this post: 2121sooner

Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    I like to call it "entertainment".

Also, Mixer!'s last post was pure "entertainment".
    Philistine.
      Spoiler:

The following users like this post: Mixer!

!

Is that an Iman Shumpert emoji?
    3 users like 2121sooner's post: ChocoLab, Mixer!, Sooner2

Is that an Iman Shumpert emoji?
    apparently mixer wants to be called mixer!

I won't oblige for long. Or ever. but hopefully my one big exclamation point gets me a pass for a bit.

apparently mixer wants to be called mixer!

I won't oblige for long. Or ever. but hopefully my one big exclamation point gets me a pass for a bit.
    I think it makes him look taller.
    2 users like OrangeBlossom's post: Keef, Mixer!

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossom View Post
    I think it makes him look taller.
    Not sure if it makes me as tall as 21, but I'm up there.

Originally Posted by Mixer! View Post
    Not sure if it makes me as tall as 21, but I'm up there.
    Pretty sure 21 wears lifts.

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossom View Post
    Pretty sure 21 wears lifts.
    he's 6'4 flat footed. 6'6 with the lifts....

6'10 with afro

6'10 with afro
    And I thought Bretts post count was hot.

he's 6'4 flat footed. 6'6 with the lifts....

6'10 with afro

Bumps forehead.......”And he draws the foul”
    2 users like 2121sooner's post: Keef, Mixer!

"That’s out! Paul ain’t going nowhere," Westbrook said to laughter from the media. "It’s over for that."

Good to see that Russ & KD may have squashed their issues without the need of the media, or waiting another 8 years for ESPN to make a "30 for 30" Thunderstruck...

Originally Posted by kopp0e View Post
    Good to see that Russ & KD may have squashed their issues without the need of the media, or waiting another 8 years for ESPN to make a "30 for 30" Thunderstruck...
    There will be one...IF ESPN is still around.
    The following users like this post: kopp0e

If the All Star game teaches us anything, the NBA is trash.
    2 users like Taxman71's post: 2121sooner, Mixer!