*** Oklahoma Sooners vs Baylor Bears ***

Posted 154 day(s) ago by usaousooner83356 Views 2348 Replies
Results 2,301 to 2,349 of 2349
Page 47 of 47 37 45 46 47
    OL didn't have a great game (Dru got worked for 3 quarters). Damn I thought this crew was gonna man handle the B12.

What happened to Andrew's and lamb and flowers after 1q? Why did our oline look like they all thought they had 1 guy and let 4 run free? Why is Mike giving 8 yard cushions with 6 to gain.
    It seemed like the Mayfield personal foul started the transition to better play. Mayfield needs to shut down social media and shut up before games. We need to play that game on Friday night the rest of the season to make sure we don't forget what any team can do on any sat

We survived. But that was embarrassing. Mikes got work to do.
    2 users like jakel's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, Soonerpsycho

Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    The onside kick by us hurt some of the momentum. There really was no reason for it as we were scoring easily early on.
    Saban did that, in a tie game against Clemson for the national championship. Save those for games you're equally matched, or an underdog, and you need to take control of the game. This particular situation did not fit. I hope Lincoln learned his lesson. It was a stupid decision at the time.
    3 users like FtwTxSooner's post: Hamilton, sheepdogs, Soonerinsocal

Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    If Baylor could do that....they would be 4-0
    3-1*
    The following users like this post: OUrage

Originally Posted by jakel View Post
    We survived. But that was embarrassing. Mikes got work to do.
    Mike needs to go bye bye.

Why were we rushing three most of the game? Were we afraid Baylor QB was going to beat us with his feet? Why didn't we blitz all damn night long?

Terrible defensive gameplan that almost cost us a shot at a championship.
    The following users like this post: WhiteNoize

How are the bed wetters...???

Clemson beat Troy by 6 last year

Needed OT and a missed FG to beat NC State

Lost to Pitt

Still won a national title.

It's the ****ing gray facemasks. Get the crimson facemask and that shit doesn't happen.

Must I think of everything. Holy shit.
    2 users like OU812's post: Bear_Jew, Jive Turkey11

Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    Clemson beat Troy by 6 last year

Needed OT and a missed FG to beat NC State

Lost to Pitt

Still won a national title.
    Didn't have Mike Stoops.
    The following users like this post: mexican/ninja

Originally Posted by williemayshayes View Post
    Didn't have Mike Stoops.
    No, they had the guy certain OU fans successfully ran off.
    2 users like Hamilton's post: Houston Cougar, theend

Originally Posted by williemayshayes View Post
    Didn't have Mike Stoops.
    But did have the DC who let USC, BSU, WVU and countless others go in dry on his defenses.

Sometimes, football is just wonky, bruh.

We're stuck with Mike rest of the year. Let's hope we win it all then everyone has better options.

Not going to let people act like Baylor is some awesome offense. UTSA, UTfuckingSA held this team to 10 points.
    It's Mike Stoops. It's always been Mike Stoops and it will continue to be Mike Stoopd until he's gone. I trust Riley's offense 100%. I also know if they have one off game, it's probably a loss.

The onside kick was a bad decision. No need for it. Up 14, make them at least work for the points.

Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    They also kept BC to 7 points the entire game, scored 27 in the 4th qtr. That is what "elite" teams do.

The excuse I saw was "OU gets everyone's best shot"...well, pretty sure the #2 team, reigning NC, get everyone's best shot as well.

I've cheered for OU for 45 yrs, and will continue, but what was showed tonight is not of an "elite" team....just my 2 cents.
    You could of accomplished more with those two cents

Originally Posted by OU_On_My_Mind View Post
    Mike Stoops should have been fired by Riley immediately when he became head coach. We would have been better off trying to find a new DC late in the off season.
    Ruffin
    The following users like this post: SoonerLibertarian

4 and 0 Baby
    4 users like OUrage's post: lonetreebill, Ohio sooner, ScottsdaleSooner, StoopTroup

Quick notes on 1st half of game...
    Snap counts OU:23 Baylor:45...
    Time of possession OU 12mins Baylor 19 minutes

I hope those sexual predators lose every ****ing game they play. **** the players, the coaches, the school administration and those ****ing fans...**** em all with a sandpaper dick

I feel as though Baylor was this close to raping me tonight. The cops led by Trey Sermon showed up just in time to save my ass.
    The following users like this post: Turk

We'll found out how good Baylor really is when they play that Juggernaut the 1945 NC Oklahoma A&M.
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

This was just a bad game. The important thing is they won. Fortunately, we played well against Ohio State. Now we 4-0.

Looked to me like we went in on defense with the plan of stopping the run and make the guy who went 12-34 the week before against duke beat us.

He played out of his mind and almost did it.
    The following users like this post: Turk

Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
    Oklahoma gets everyone's best shot, always. Not sure why you think Riley gets unique treatment.
    Riley gets a unique look from ever team because it's not Bob Stoops. They all knew that Bobby was onto their shit, and they respected it. Now these dudes wanna see what they can get away with..

Baylor will now start to play like they did the first three games and finish 2-10. They won't peak like that again this year.

Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    If Baylor could do that....they would be 4-0
    3-1
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

Originally Posted by 85Haymaker View Post
    Thomas wasn't great, tonight, but I don't think Baylor would've had 7 if the ref understood that Baylor can hold too.
    Thomas rolled his ankle early - on one of the circus sideline catches by Baylor and them limped around between snaps the whole game before finally going out late.

Baylor took shots on OU tonight...No one really hasn't done this all season..I thought Ohio State would have taken this same gameplay...71 yard and 72 yard...Mike was playing to keep them between the 20's kicking field goals...But that was a tremendous 3rd quarter for Baylor...We play better in the 3rd we win by 4 touchdowns easily...Great gameplay by Rhule...

Originally Posted by mexican/ninja View Post
    Baylor will now start to play like they did the first three games and finish 2-10. They won't peak like that again this year.
    Every team will play thier best game against us. We need to get use to it. No plays off.

Was Baylor being offsides on their onsides attempt the reason they were reviewing the play? I didn't have sound.

Spot On!!
    Originally Posted by MaximusAurelius View Post
    Looked to me like we went in on defense with the plan of stopping the run and make the guy who went 12-34 the week before against duke beat us.

He played out of his mind and almost did it.

I don't want to say I told you so, because I never did, but ou is going to get everyone's best shot. That's just how it is.

I would feel better if the D didn't give 10 yard cushions a lot, but I'm not coaching. The good news is they're 4-0 with a close win to keep them on edge each week. I hope this near disaster is an aberration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't felt this bad about a win since Tech last year.

Actually, I feel worse. It's like we just beat fracking Liberty by 3.

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Was Baylor being offsides on their onsides attempt the reason they were reviewing the play? I didn't have sound.
    Reviewing to make sure it went 10 yards and the Fox replay guy also talked about the fact they made contact with us before the ball had gone 10 yards. But our player had stepped forward which apparently negated the contact.

Andrews should've either blasted the Baylor player or batted the ball out instead of trying to catch it. Nerve wracking..

Originally Posted by SoonerSean03 View Post
    Reviewing to make sure it went 10 yards and the Fox replay guy also talked about the fact they made contact with us before the ball had gone 10 yards. But our player had stepped forward which apparently negated the contact.
    If our player. Lee Morris, had been jumping to catch the ball and the Baylor guy hit him like that before 10 yards it would have been our ball.

Originally Posted by BozzyBoy View Post
    I feel as though Baylor was this close to raping me tonight. The cops led by Trey Sermon showed up just in time to save my ass.
    They did. You just can't remember because of the roofies. You're going to feel really sore in the morning
    The following users like this post: ScottsdaleSooner

Originally Posted by mexican/ninja View Post
    Andrews should've either blasted the Baylor player or batted the ball out instead of trying to catch it. Nerve wracking..
    Lots of bad football IQ in this game, especially on special teams. Yeah there were a couple of good returns but some bad decisions on advancing the ball and fielding kicks too.
    The following users like this post: Stein7495

Baker really does own Baylor, 3-0
    The following users like this post: HartRod

Look. We all knew we were solid offensively coming into the year. However, defense wins championships. We shall see.

Originally Posted by SoonerAtty View Post
    Look. We all knew we were solid offensively coming into the year. However, defense wins championships. We shall see.
    So another play off loss is coming

Special teams except for the KOs going into the end zone were nothing to call home about. There wasn't enough fight for the final Baylor onside kickoff, a botched catch of a punt(Adams bailed us out of that, the onside kick of OU's that didn't work and the long Baylor PR were all shortcomings from special teams that weren't so special.
    Did OU have any PR yardage at all?

Plus the Baylor DL seemed to be living in the OU backfield on pass plays. Was Wren missing the alignment calls at center?

I'll tell ya one thing. Burn those stupid uniforms.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    6 users like Turk's post: Bear_Jew, ChpThril, flatsix, OklahomaDave, OUnimrod, theend

It's going to be interesting watching how Zach Smith does the rest of the season. His previous outing was pretty bad so the question is, was last night a watershed for him or a "Trevor Knight vs. Bama" 1-time event?

Andrews early looked like he was unstoppable and then the ball never came near him the rest of the game.
    Was Baylor overplaying him and taking away that option or did the "home run" passing game negate the short-to-medium passing game?

Where the hell is holakyle. Really had lots of good highlights and hope EVERY Sermon run is on it

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Where the hell is holakyle. Really had lots of good highlights and hope EVERY Sermon run is on it
    He never disappoints. Sure he'll have something up soon.

Originally Posted by tbmguy View Post
    Oh sorry... didn't think I'd hurt your fealings. I thought you went to bed with the children and weren't still reading the thread. Feel free to keep saying one thing and doing another, we really don't care.
    Oh I was unaware the game was showing on the thread... So smart