'18 JUCO TE Dominick Wood-Anderson - Offer - Undecided

Posted 71 day(s) ago by GoonerSooner9560 Views 105 Replies
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Probably didn't wanna be forced to play concussed
    The following users like this post: Adrian

Comes down to Bama, Oregon, or the good guys most likely

Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    I can't remember the last time he missed a game. I remember early in the year when he went out after the shot to the knee but then he came back for the next game. His biggest issue is the FEW drops he's made
    No really, this drops where from a wet surface and the crap ton of other awesome snags more than balance out the few slips that happened from a wet ball. He would be hurt in himself to stay at this point.

Originally Posted by OUReality View Post
    chick on the left approves with cautious optimism.
    The following users like this post: OUReality

A tight end being taken in Round 1 is a rarity.

A lot will depend on how he grades out at the scouting combine.

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    A tight end being taken in Round 1 is a rarity.

A lot will depend on how he grades out at the scouting combine.
    No ****ing shit....???
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger

Yeah I think he should go too. I'm not saying he has a drops problem that is why i capitalized FEW...wet surface or not he has had a few drops throughout his career. The other day he dropped one that was thrown perfect and hit him in between both hands. It's like he was expecting contact or looking up field and took his eyes off the ball. The surface had nothing to do with it
    Originally Posted by soonerborn79 View Post
    No really, this drops where from a wet surface and the crap ton of other awesome snags more than balance out the few slips that happened from a wet ball. He would be hurt in himself to stay at this point.

Andrews is gone, he is a freak athlete and will grade out fine as long as healthy. That dude is a difference maker, he has dropped a few balls but I feel like he has got better. He dropped quite a few last year and just a couple this year. I am not sure he will be a first rounder, but I could see him going middle 2nd for sure

Originally Posted by Doctor X View Post
    Really? Who are the TEs ranked 1-4?
    I can't remember. I'm pretty sure that the PSU, UCLA and maybe Wisconsin's were three of them. I think they were using McShay's rankings, which are hidden behind an ESPN paywall so I can't be sure. I was just amazed that the names went scrolling by and Andrews wasn't up there.

Originally Posted by Sooner 1234 View Post
    Wrong he's not a first or even second round guy right now .

Again if you aren't a first or second round lock leaving early always cost you money .
    He is a second round guy right now, potentially first if he tests well at the combine (which I'm not sure he will). TEs have been creeping up higher and higher in drafts the last few years, so that helps him.

And also, the second part of your quote. That is pretty much patently false, there have been lots and lots of players who should have left the year before they did. Leinart is one example out of many. There have been lots of other players who have left too early. After three years on the field, Andrews isn't going to show NFL team anything more than he has already.

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    I can't remember. I'm pretty sure that the PSU, UCLA and maybe Wisconsin's were three of them. I think they were using McShay's rankings, which are hidden behind an ESPN paywall so I can't be sure. I was just amazed that the names went scrolling by and Andrews wasn't up there.

He is a second round guy right now, potentially first if he tests well at the combine (which I'm not sure he will). TEs have been creeping up higher and higher in drafts the last few years, so that helps him.

And also, the second part of your quote. That is pretty much patently false, there have been lots and lots of players who should have left the year before they did. Leinart is one example out of many. There have been lots of other players who have left too early. After three years on the field, Andrews isn't going to show NFL team anything more than he has already.
    Again for every one player you show who made more money by leaving earlier I'll show you 100 more who cost themselves money by leaving earlier.

There is alway an exception to the rule but the rule is always stay as long as you can unless you are a guaranteed 1st round pick....which he is not .
    Any NFL executive/draft advisory board member /scouts would all tell you then same thing .

The only ones that won't tell you that are players themselves,family members and most importantly agents .

More then likely you get ONE contract so you better get the most out of that one contract .

Watch him go to the Patriots or Chiefs or somebody who's smart enough to utilize the tight end.

I know the pro game is all about the four- and five-wide sets right now, but there's a place for big body guys like Andrews who can get open and move the chains.

Again for every one player you show who made more money by leaving earlier I'll show you 100 more who cost themselves money by leaving earlier.

There is alway an exception to the rule but the rule is always stay as long as you can unless you are a guaranteed 1st round pick....which he is not .
    Any NFL executive/draft advisory board member /scouts would all tell you then same thing .

The only ones that won't tell you that are players themselves,family members and most importantly agents .

More then likely you get ONE contract so you better get the most out of that one contract .
    Ok. I'll play. I take Mixon and Perine. Go ahead and name me 200.

Andrews gains nothing coming back for another year....

Originally Posted by boomersooner52 View Post
    Ok. I'll play. I take Mixon and Perine. Go ahead and name me 200.
    MIxon would have been a hands down 1st round draft pick this year ...hands down .

Your question is so ****ing stupid ,it literally doesn't deserve an answer .

Guy has a HORRIBLE video relased two weeks before he declares and still a second rounder as a two year player .Not to mention one of the deepest rb classes in years .

Only two years in a college S and C program .Two years with sharing carries ......most of the time not even starting .

Guy would be getting 20 plus carries a game right now ,an probably never leaves the field .He might be leading the team in rushing and receiving.

You'll literally are a ****ing idiot if you think he couldn't better himself
    Last edited by Sooner 1234; October 25th, 2017 at 04:26 PM.

blah blah blah blah

You said that leaving early always costs you money. Thats just patently false. That isn't even considering the fact that leaving earlier gets you one year of making nearly $1 million dollars (for a 3rd round pick), and gets you to your second (and generally much bigger) contract one year earlier. Its simple finance, and there is nothing you can show or say to prove that you were right.
    2 users like ResidentEvil's post: Breadburner, Hang Half a Hundred

MIxon would have been a hands down 1st round draft pick this year ...hands down .

Guy has a HORRIBLE video relased two weeks before he declares and still a second rounder as a two year player .Not to mention one of the deepest rb classes in years .

Only two years in a college S and C program .Two years with sharing carries ......most of the time not even starting .

Guy would be getting 20 plus carries a game right now ,an probably never leaves the field .He might be leading the team in rushing and receiving.

Huh. Seems like a kettle call. And what happens, o soothesayer, if they both came back and got hurt. There's no guarantees to anything. They both made the right choice for them and their futures and careers. But you're an internet "know-it-all," so you'll probably hit us up with another juicy nugget and lace it with a 13 year old's "cool guy, just learned some cool cuss words" schtick

Look in the mirror...

blah blah blah blah

You said that leaving early always costs you money. Thats just patently false. That isn't even considering the fact that leaving earlier gets you one year of making nearly $1 million dollars (for a 3rd round pick), and gets you to your second (and generally much bigger) contract one year earlier. Its simple finance, and there is nothing you can show or say to prove that you were right.
    I'm literally dumber for reading what you just wrote .Are you literally trying to say leaving a year earlier gets you more money because it's earlier ?? You are basically saying even though you would get less money overall it's actually more since you get it a year sooner ??
    You have to be an employee of someone ,and obviously the only thing you own in life is a cell phone .
    lastly ,do you realize the percentage that even get a second contract ?

Originally Posted by boomersooner52 View Post
    Huh. Seems like a kettle call. And what happens, o soothesayer, if they both came back and got hurt. There's no guarantees to anything. They both made the right choice for them and their futures and careers. But you're an internet "know-it-all," so you'll probably hit us up with another juicy nugget and lace it with a 13 year old's "cool guy, just learned some cool cuss words" schtick
    Fournette who was only 44 spots above MIxon got a contract worth 27 million .
    MIxon going in the second round got a contract worth 5.4 million

Again ,you are wrong

I'm literally dumber for reading what you just wrote .Are you literally trying to say leaving a year earlier gets you more money because it's earlier ?? You are basically saying even though you would get less money overall it's actually more since you get it a year sooner ??
    You have to be an employee of someone ,and obviously the only thing you own in life is a cell phone .
    Literally. You like that word, huh!

Wrong he's not a first or even second round guy right now .
    OU may be breaking ina new qb ,but they will also have much improved WR corp around him next year which will loosen coverage on him if he stays.

Again if you aren't a first or second round lock leaving early always cost you money .
    "Wrong" lol

Like you f-ing have a clue either way.
    2 users like OkieThunderLion's post: Bear_Jew, Breadburner

I've literally never seen a guy talk so much out of his ass.
    4 users like OkieThunderLion's post: Bear_Jew, Breadburner, CrimsonOberon, sperry

If he is ranked as the no.1 TE in this years NFL draft, he will be gone no doubt. Even if he were to return, Baker will be gone next year and I doubt Andrews will have a better year next season with an inexperienced QB.

Kyler Murray has played some this year and Austin Kendall is redshirting while Schafer will all 3 battle in the spring
    Last edited by SoonerWarrior; October 26th, 2017 at 03:06 PM.

Yes, I'm saying that. The fact that isn't getting through your skull is that NFL players that can actually play the game tend to stop playing because of age. Its not like they can play until they're 64. So, coming out a year early tends to give you an extra year towards your career. Using simple numbers so you can understand:
    - Leaves Jr year: Can play until body gives out at 30, ten year career at $1million per. $10 million.
    - Leaves Sr year: Can play until body gives out at 30, 9 year career at $1 million per. $9 million.

See how simply it is. If you want to get complicated, we can talk about how having a million dollars one year earlier can compound the amount of money you are able to invest and save, or how that potential second contract that is much bigger comes a year earlier. But I dont think you would understand that.

But it all comes down to the fact that he is not going to go in the first round next year if he would have gone in the third this year. By the end of this year, he will have had three years on the field. NFL scouts will have seen all they need to see of his ability by that point. If he is going to be the #1 TE this year, there is literally (used your words so you can understand) no place to go but down. If he is going to be the #5 TE this year, its very very unlikely that he will end up the #5 TE by the end of next year.

You should basically always leave early.

Yes, I'm saying that. The fact that isn't getting through your skull is that NFL players that can actually play the game tend to stop playing because of age. Its not like they can play until they're 64. So, coming out a year early tends to give you an extra year towards your career. Using simple numbers so you can understand:
    - Leaves Jr year: Can play until body gives out at 30, ten year career at $1million per. $10 million.
    - Leaves Sr year: Can play until body gives out at 30, 9 year career at $1 million per. $9 million.

See how simply it is. If you want to get complicated, we can talk about how having a million dollars one year earlier can compound the amount of money you are able to invest and save, or how that potential second contract that is much bigger comes a year earlier. But I dont think you would understand that.

But it all comes down to the fact that he is not going to go in the first round next year if he would have gone in the third this year. By the end of this year, he will have had three years on the field. NFL scouts will have seen all they need to see of his ability by that point. If he is going to be the #1 TE this year, there is literally (used your words so you can understand) no place to go but down. If he is going to be the #5 TE this year, its very very unlikely that he will end up the #5 TE by the end of next year.

Most complete bull shit I've ever seen on this board.You think 1 year of age is going to effect the difference in getting a second contract or not ?? .Again ,I hope you clocked out to write all that ...Boss isn't going to like you wasting time like that .

Great points.

Try to tone down the douchey name calling and maybe people would respect your opinion more.

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    I said the same thing after my first divorce
    3 users like Vodnik's post: AcousticSoup, boomer8390, northspeter

In a way, that's very good for Mixon. It means he didn't get a lot of mileage taken out of him while he was in college and didn't, theoretically, take as many hits.
    2 users like Silentsniper1516's post: Bear_Jew, Vodnik

Your are about as right as you were in the Mayfield is transferring thread...

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    I said the same thing after my first divorce
    Just the first one? What about the others?

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    Just the first one? What about the others?
    I declared for the draft after 3 years.
    The following users like this post: OU812

Most complete bull shit I've ever seen on this board.You think 1 year of age is going to effect the difference in getting a second contract or not ?? .Again ,I hope you clocked out to write all that ...Boss isn't going to like you wasting time like that .
    I said nothing about 1 year age difference being the difference in a second contract. You should slow down, count backwards from 10 to 1, and then actually read what I post. I said they'd get to the contract a year earlier, which is factually correct. If you want to know why that is a good thing, feel free to ask and I'll explain.

And keep up the job jokes, or whatever they are. I'm completely secure in what I do and what I make, so all your snide remarks just make me laugh.

I said nothing about 1 year age difference being the difference in a second contract. You should slow down, count backwards from 10 to 1, and then actually read what I post. I said they'd get to the contract a year earlier, which is factually correct. If you want to know why that is a good thing, feel free to ask and I'll explain.

And keep up the job jokes, or whatever they are. I'm completely secure in what I do and what I make, so all your snide remarks just make me laugh.
    I honestly don't know how to make this any more clear I know it's very complicated for someone like yourself .

THE NFL is not like your every day job .

It's about contracts . Most NFL players only get ONE .

You have to make the most of that ONE TIME contract .

Leaving early does not mean you get an extra year of pay ....it just means you started your contract a year sooner and more then likely LESS pay .

It's sad you think that leaving early means you get an extra year of pay ....like it would be for you at your 35,000 a year job .

Yes if you yourself work 28 years vs 27 years then you will make MORE money ,but again these professionals are on a multi year contact not a year to year salary .

The people that think instant money is better , that less is more.....are people that hang out at casinos ,pawnshops ,horse races ,quick loan places , and your house ....or should I say apartment.
    PEople that would be suckered in by JG Wentworth or take the lump sum on a small million dollar lotto ....people like yourself .

If you were willing to take millions less if you got it a year sooner ......then what else needs to be said ?

So what about this recruit kid, eh???? Good news????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    6 users like AcousticSoup's post: andymancan20, Bear_Jew, boomer8390, CrimsonOberon, Lake_Bum, WestCoastSooner

I honestly don't know how to make this any more clear I know it's very complicated for someone like yourself .

THE NFL is not like your every day job .

It's about contracts . Most NFL players only get ONE .

You have to make the most of that ONE TIME contract .

Leaving early does not mean you get an extra year of pay ....it just means you started your contract a year sooner and more then likely LESS pay .

It's sad you think that leaving early means you get an extra year of pay ....like it would be for you at your 35,000 a year job .

Yes if you yourself work 28 years vs 27 years then you will make MORE money ,but again these professionals are on a multi year contact not a year to year salary .

The people that think instant money is better , that less is more.....are people that hang out at casinos ,pawnshops ,horse races ,quick loan places , and your house ....or should I say apartment.
    PEople that would be suckered in by JG Wentworth or take the lump sum on a small million dollar lotto ....people like yourself .

If you were willing to take millions less if you got it a year sooner ......then what else needs to be said ?
    You crack me up dude. Maybe you should try comedy, you got jokes.
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew

Rivals has him with no interest in OU. Not that they know for sure, but seems odd.

I guess he just wanted to cool off in Norman OK. He has to like the way OU used Andrews last night.

Are we stil recruiting this guy? He has to like the hardware Andrews picked up today. He'd be a nice compliment to Calcaterra. We need two in case one goes down
    2 users like qaz's post: boomer8390, No19Sooner

Never really showed any interest in OU - and our traditional use of TE (or lack thereof) could be a factor.

We have inroads into his JUCO - Damien Williams came from same.

Once he picked up the Bama offer, the race was over tho
    2 users like TheBoots's post: BobStoopsGinger, qaz

Why can’t he pick a last name?

Oh well...just glad he won't be a horn then...he should love how we use the TE...what does he prefer blocking?
    Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    Never really showed any interest in OU - and our traditional use of TE (or lack thereof) could be a factor.

We have inroads into his JUCO - Damien Williams came from same.

Once he picked up the Bama offer, the race was over tho

Sucks we weren't able to get this guy. The tightend and fullback are the most important positions in this offense, aside from QB.

With Calcaterra’s play the last half of the season,maybe OU cooled on him as well .This guy is playing At a high level as a true freshman ,something Andrews didn’t even accomplish.
    I’m not saying he’s going to be better than Andrews ,but the future is definitely bright .Not to mention the #1 TE in the country coming in after next season ....we will be loaded .

The tightend and fullback are the most important positions in this offense.
    Disagree. Riley adjusts to his personnel. Shep played the Y in ‘15.

We’ve been very fortunate to have the versatile Flowers. Riley made great use of him.

Originally Posted by OkieThunderLion View Post
    Disagree. Riley adjusts to his personnel. Shep played the Y in ‘15.

We’ve been very fortunate to have the versatile Flowers. Riley made great use of him.
    I love the Y......
    Last edited by meandmybutt; December 7th, 2017 at 01:29 PM. Reason: I'm not talking about YMCA either.....cause I know one of you asshats is going to be confused

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    I love the Y......
    Love to eat there
    3 users like barlowd's post: Boomer6671, meandmybutt, SoonerSteve

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Love to eat there
    Only if they keep it clean