What's your confidence level against texsucks?..

Posted 14 day(s) ago by echo1013664 Views 96 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2
    0 on defense.
    2 users like laxtothemax12's post: echo101, OU812

Riley needs to work extra time to come up with something special on O. We all know the D is non-existent. Prepare for shoot outs from now on out and we have a chance.

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    I am watching "OU Sooners Football with Lincoln Riley" Sunday show.

He addressed coaching. He addresses going for the hit or strip as opposed to fundementals as opposed to basics, and blames coaching. Good run D.

We will be fine
    He has to ask a question Bob never asked Mike or Brent and that is WHY we have to trip over our own dicks every year before we realize "hey, maybe we should play smarter football?" It seemed pretty obvious that since the start of the Tulane game, the defense has mailed it in. This will be interesting to see how it unfolds. That "never lost two games in a row" thing? That was Bob Stoops. Can Lincoln Riley correct these problems and change the lackadaisical culture here? On paper, OU should've won every game running away after tOSU. Now, you have to worry about the likes of Kansas. It's astonishing how problems can be seen from a mile away and coaches won't do anything about it until it's too late.
    The following users like this post: echo101

at this point I'm more of a wait and see type of person and I won't even try to give a rating for this team

seems they have lost a little fire and passion from where they were in the beginning of the season, coaching has also not been up to par

they will have to play like they did against Ohio State the rest of the way if they want to win out and make the playoffs, the odds are against them

What's your confidence level against texsucks?..

Originally Posted by echo101 View Post
    Okay.. we lost at home against the 2nd worst team in the Big 12. FUMS. So now it's texsucks week. Which OU team shows up.. the team that beat tOSU or the team that squeaked by Baylor and then lost to ISU? I think this game determines the direction for the rest of this season.. Your comments please.. positive or negative.
    Let's face it. The team that beat tOSU is the same team that barely squeaked by Baylor and lost to ISU. It's the same ****ing team. If tOSU had even a slightly below average passing QB they would have thrown for 400 yards and scored 45 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by 49cent View Post
    He has to ask a question Bob never asked Mike or Brent and that is WHY we have to trip over our own dicks every year before we realize "hey, maybe we should play smarter football?" It seemed pretty obvious that since the start of the Tulane game, the defense has mailed it in. This will be interesting to see how it unfolds. That "never lost two games in a row" thing? That was Bob Stoops. Can Lincoln Riley correct these problems and change the lackadaisical culture here? On paper, OU should've won every game running away after tOSU. Now, you have to worry about the likes of Kansas. It's astonishing how problems can be seen from a mile away and coaches won't do anything about it until it's too late.
    I agree.. And it's really getting old a long time ago. I get tired of hearing the same old excuses about the defense. JUST FIX IT. Tired of looking at Mike's "don't have a clue" face. Cut the Stoops connection and send him down the road.
    The following users like this post: RDC212

Before ISU I had this feeling like it'd a year we'd be vastly superior to UT but lose the shootout because, you know, randomness.

Now it feels like we'll destroy them. Not much logic to this, of course...

what's your confidence level against fexas?

100%

7 users like blackfrancois's post: cfin5256, echo101, gratefulRed, Greek Sooner, soonerlarry, soonerschooner, SplitTD

Originally Posted by BlownGP View Post
    Wish it was at 11am so It would be over sooner.
    i'm good with an 11am'er becuse it gives us more time to talk shit and then watch the night games. then i'll celebrate long after the sunday nfl games kick off.

OU 33
    hermanators 21
    3 users like RockE's post: BlownGP, echo101, soonerschooner

The OL will need to open holes for the ground game, to keep the OU defense on the bench for long stretches--give Mike enough time to go out and get a corny dog.
    2 users like Balko's post: echo101, stewy

Texsa throws it around like BYU did before throwing it around was cool. Does not bode well for OU, or my confidence. 4/10, only that high because stupid things happen in rivalry games.

The line is approaching 7 points. Might be worth watching if you like to do crazy crap like betting on college rivalry games.
    The following users like this post: soonerschooner

Very confident! OU doesn't lose two weeks in a row. Mayfield is gonna destroy Texas. OUr defense will finally get turnovers.
    2 users like SoonerfanKJ103's post: blackfrancois, echo101

Texas won AT IOWA STATE 17-7... we lost 31-24....

Originally Posted by king47sooners View Post
    Texas won AT IOWA STATE 17-7... we lost 31-24....
    wrong
    2 users like gratefulRed's post: Balko, RockE

38-31. same difference

My confidence level is around middle.5, the .5 because I'm a fan.

another backup qb is going to shred our defense...

We need to keep our defense off the field as much as possible. We need to run run run. Eat clock. I'm not worried about their offense, I'm worried about our defense.

2 users like acheman8's post: echo101, ScottsdaleSooner

Originally Posted by acheman8 View Post
    We need to keep our defense off the field as much as possible. We need to run run run. Eat clock. I'm not worried about their offense, I'm worried about our defense.

i don't think we're going to run well against the whorn defense....
    but even if we can....and we have long scoring drives.....and they have short scoring drives.....how does that help us?

I wouldn't overlook a Texas team that beat ou and Baker in 2015 with far less than what they have today.
    ISU scored 7 points against Texas at Ames on a Thursday night .

Fewest mistakes wins the game

We are going to come out strong and put 14 on the board. Then for some inexplicable reasons score only twice more throughout the game. Hope thats enough.

I've never been less confident...which means we'll probably win by 3 TD's.

Mike stoops will do everything in his power to make the ut freshman QB feel as comfortable as possible. Mike will make a pedestrian texas offense look like NFL hall of famers.
    2 users like OU812's post: BoomSoon2016, stewy

Originally Posted by UTEX69 View Post
    I wouldn't overlook a Texas team that beat ou and Baker in 2015 with far less than what they have today.
    ISU scored 7 points against Texas at Ames on a Thursday night .

Fewest mistakes wins the game
    Do agree with fewest mistakes wins, but OU's o-line is much better than 2015...Baker is a more accomplished player. Who the heck knows at this point who will win...

69%

The following users like this post: jakel

Best possible outcome: OU wins like 65-62 and Mike is fired after the game.

Originally Posted by acheman8 View Post

Screw the defense; they're going to look "tired" and "beat up" regardless of how much rest they're given between possessions, for the simple reason that those possessions are going to run 4 or 5 minutes a pop considering how many 3rd downs we give up; we've seen it before, and as long as we keep the imbecile in the booth trying to run things, we'll see it again. The offense needs to go out with its hair on fire and both barrels blazing; going one-dimensional (in either direction) will only make it more likely to turn into a defensive "battle" which, comparing Texas' defense to ours, would probably get ugly for us pretty quickly. Keep the offense fired up and we've got a chance to outscore them; take the wind out of the offense's sails as well (like we tried to do against Iowa State for the sake of "resting the defense") and we're only hurting ourselves in the one area where we have an advantage.

I am confident we handle Texas. I am also confident Monday will be a MISERABLE day at work if we lose.
    Although I am confident, since the Baylor game my enthusiasm has been curb stomped by the Defense. I find I am more looking forward to fishing before the game than actually watching the game. This is a first for me.
    The following users like this post: SportyJames

40%, but this game has almost always been a throw out the records sort of game.

No matter what the teams' season-ending records are, this game determines which school made the better coaching hire.

Go Sooners!
    2 users like Lucy_Han's post: BigC, echo101

honestly mine is average. Mike will probably find a way to make the UTerus QB look like Dan Marino ... OU by 3

It will be a high scoring affair. Both teams will score in the 40's.

I think we have a better chance to beat them now that we got embarrassed by a linebacker playing QB and dropped from being atop the college football world to being a laughing stock.

When we lost to Texas two years ago as a heavy favorite, we played very well afterwards, leveling KSU the week after and ultimately making the playoff.

Nobody has confidence in this defense, so I hope they play with a chip on their shoulder (CoTS).
    The following users like this post: BozzyBoy

Originally Posted by jakel View Post
    honestly mine is average. Mike will probably find a way to make the UTerus QB look like Dan Marino ... OU by 3
    Only if their QB is also playing linebacker. If they put their middle LB at QB, I will be very concerned.

Originally Posted by Lucy_Han View Post
    No matter what the teams' season-ending records are, this game determines which school made the better coaching hire.

Go Sooners!
    I don't think this is fair.

Riley has a tremendous disadvantage in being required to retain Mike, hopefully for not more than a season. We truly won't know what Riley can do until he is able to get all of his own guys in here. He's got 4 years in my book to eliminate those WTF losses and get this defense in shape.

I am truly interested to know what stipulations regarding any current staff were attached to his hiring. Of course this will never be known but if he was required to keep anybody beyond his first season, he probably ****ed himself real, real good.

To the question posed, 50/50. Who knows what Mike will be able to do? I don't care anymore what he does from one game to the next. I wan't someone in here that can get players to die for them and be consistent week in, week out. The defense can have the best game ever and my opinion of Mike wouldn't change, he needs to go at the end of the season.

very freakin little.

taking my son and his girl to this one. just hoping the defense will not make me lose my shit in front of them

My confidence level is LOW. Maybe OU will repeat their performance against tosu. I can hope, can't I?
    I'm going to have a difficult time watching Tom Herman win. I can't stand that guy. Go OU!!!!!

Still think OU wins by at least 10.
    The following users like this post: blackfrancois

Originally Posted by Lucy_Han View Post
    this game determines which school made the better coaching hire.
    like in '99?

My feeling is Riley gets the team well prepared for big games. No matter how bad Texas sucks, this is always a big game. I think we kick their butts
    2 users like OKSHooter's post: blackfrancois, marfacowboy

I'm a "feelings" kinda guy, and believe it or not I thought we might lose to Iowa State. Also had a feeling we would beat tOSU.

As for UTerus, I give us maybe a 20% chance of winning. For some reason they play out of their asses against us. And I think our guys still think they're a lot better than they are after the tOSU game. We kinda lucked out there, with their quarterback having a real suckass game, missing wide-open receivers, etc.

Not to mention, we almost always have a bunch of debatable calls go against us in Dallas.

Hope I'm wrong ... which happens. I once had the feeling that Scarlett Johansson wanted me to do perverse things to her. Oh, well ...

Our fellas on D don't look like they are having fun. I'd love to be able to let anyone else on staff game plan/call plays on D for two weeks and see if attitude improves. But, alas, it will take a defensive meltdown to demote Michael before he is kicked out at end of season.

Originally Posted by HailCaesar View Post
    I'm a "feelings" kinda guy, and believe it or not I thought we might lose to Iowa State. Also had a feeling we would beat tOSU.

As for UTerus, I give us maybe a 20% chance of winning. For some reason they play out of their asses against us. And I think our guys still think they're a lot better than they are after the tOSU game. We kinda lucked out there, with their quarterback having a real suckass game, missing wide-open receivers, etc.

Not to mention, we almost always have a bunch of debatable calls go against us in Dallas.

Hope I'm wrong ... which happens. I once had the feeling that Scarlett Johansson wanted me to do perverse things to her. Oh, well ...
    The following users like this post: RDC212

Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    0 on defense.
    Jessie Palmer just said we have "no chance" Saturday if our defense doesn't improve. He may be right. Worst pass defense in the country the past two weeks....

I am worried with Coke-head Mike we're going to get ass ****d like a $2 **** in Subic Bay on US Navy payday.