The RUSH. Brutal criticism. I will not quote Teddy.

Posted 15 day(s) ago 3251 Views 65 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 66
Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. #1

    The RUSH. Brutal criticism. I will not quote Teddy.

    It was not just Jordan Thomas. Mistake after mistake on defense. Lack of effort. Talent level is lacking. Mike may have known after Baylor that secondary was bad. 3-3-5 defense SUCKS! Mike has never won with this. On and on. Not good guys.

  2. #2
    Give 'em HELL Teddy!

  3. #3
    I think it actually hurts Teddy to say things bad about OU! He struggles to say things negative. He just said that players have to take a hard look in the mirror! We know what that means. "Are you a ****?"!

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Rockgod View Post
    I think it actually hurts Teddy to say things bad about OU! He struggles to say things negative. He just said that players have to take a hard look in the mirror! We know what that means. "Are you a ****?"!
    That's brutal criticism? You need to take off your skirt and heels and turn in your man card. Good grief!!
    5 users like No19Sooner's post: auto, lauderdaleOU, OklahomaDave, Stinger_1066, traxx


  5. #5
    Get Jordan Evans dad in there and rip everyone to shreds.

  6. #6
    A couple of weeks ago, Steven Parker and Jordan Thomas were NFL bound - with Motley outplaying Thomas on the other side. Kelly was a potential future Butkus winner coming into this year at LB. Murray was an athletic freak who just needed more snaps at LB. Obo and Gallimore have NFL talent.

    I was willing to give the secondary a pass for the Baylor game because we had to put a guy who was essentially our 4th option out there at free safety. That wasn't the reality for us against Iowa State though.

    Are we as talented as Bama or Clemson on defense? No. Are we plenty talented on that side? Yeah. We've recruited well there for the last few cycles. Guys aren't giving good effort, they aren't tackling well, they're making terrible and undisciplined penalties, and Mike isn't making good adjustments in-game. If you're playing passively and dropping a bunch of guys back in coverage you shouldn't be getting torched through the air.

  7. #7
    Mayfield is trying to rally the troops! "Win OUT! We can do it!" "We are OKLAHOMA!" I wish he could go both ways and play defense.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner


  8. #8
    The question is, why are the players not playing hard, not paying attention, and busting every other assignment.

    The coaches have to find a way to motivate them and get them to play at a championship level. They have the ability to play good defense.

  9. #9
    I think guys are just playing scared and confused (ie. the one man covering trips formation). I'm worried with the mindset of our good young players playing in this defense (Motley included). Again these are kids and that confidence can go quick.

  10. #10
    Teddy----" I am sick and tired of this 3-3-5 defense. Makes me sick! It does not work." the boiling point has arrived with the fans. OU has not met the best offenses yet. The worst are killing us.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by No19Sooner View Post
    That's brutal criticism? You need to take off your skirt and heels and turn in your man card. Good grief!!
    No one who uses the term "man card" in any context other than brutal sarcasm and irony has any right to criticize anything anyone does or says. Ever.
    4 users like manateepower's post: beelzeBob, CrimsonOberon, Rufus T Firefly, TheRooster


  12. #12
    OL played great! Baker held on to the ball too long. He has to trust his wrs.

  13. #13
    There's talent all over that defense and in the two deep sitting on the bench.
    The following users like this post: No19Sooner


  14. #14
    No injury update. Parker is critical to get back. No Parker......trouble. "If we lose to Texas it will be because of the defense."

  15. #15
    Teddy is going crazy over the 3 man front! It is not working! Let the DLINEMAN GO!!!!! Pressure---blitz a nickle and drop OBO! DUMB!!!!!!
    The following users like this post: scud


  16. #16
    I hate the 3 man front! (TEDDY)----8 point favorite over Texas.

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by mightysooner View Post
    There's talent all over that defense and in the two deep sitting on the bench.
    Not according to Boy Wonder. He was asked today what they needed to do and after doubling down on the staff, he talked about just recruiting better and specifically mentioned lack of depth on D.

    Can't believe there isn't a thread about it. Let me rephrase, if Mikey has said it, there would be a 10 page thread on it already.
    The following users like this post: soonergrad


  18. #18
    beelzeBob's Avatar
    Posts
    6,303
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Norman, OK

    Originally Posted by Rockgod View Post
    OL played great! Baker held on to the ball too long. He has to trust his wrs.

    But he didn't commit stupid personal fouls that gave the opposing teams 1st downs when they had them stopped on 3rd down.

  19. #19
    Teddy isn't going to call out his former DC so he's parroting talking points.

  20. #20
    No leadership on defense. Everyone looking for some one to make a play. Teddy said that you should not get BLOCKED! Make the play. Lack of effort. No effort on the field. Guys...I am getting upset over this. How can we so pissy?

  21. #21
    Mjcpr's Avatar
    Posts
    5,460
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK

    Originally Posted by Rockgod View Post
    No leadership on defense. Everyone looking for some one to make a play. Teddy said that you should not get BLOCKED! Make the play. Lack of effort. No effort on the field. Guys...I am getting upset over this. How can we so pissy?
    Calm your tits, there is nothing for you to do about it.

  22. #22
    I hope Teddy doesn't upset the powers to be and lose his spot on the broadcast team
    The following users like this post: Sooner209


  23. #23
    OUrage's Avatar
    Posts
    17,210
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FLORIDA

    I'm hopeful we qualify for the Frisco Bowl


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    WOW! "Motley got blocked inside and gave up a 57 yard TD!" This is not all on Jordan Thomas! " This Defense is to blame. ------Peewee has to be happy right now. OMG! Where is Bosworth when you need him? We have zero leadership. OBO!!!!! GET IT DONE!!!!!

  25. #25
    TCU is the best team in this conference today. Texas will win 7 games. Tech will go 6-6. Tech can beat OU in Norman. Okie St. would score more than 40 points tomorrow in Norman. This is what we are. No defense.

  26. #26
    SoonerLibertarian's Avatar
    Posts
    22,127
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Talent isn't the problem. It's a Stoops bro that is the problem.
    2 users like SoonerLibertarian's post: soonergrad, WhiteNoize


  27. #27
    SoonerLibertarian's Avatar
    Posts
    22,127
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by Rockgod View Post
    TCU is the best team in this conference today. Texas will win 7 games. Tech will go 6-6. Tech can beat OU in Norman. Okie St. would score more than 40 points tomorrow in Norman. This is what we are. No defense.
    Or we could win all those games by 40 points because of our talent level over them.
    2 users like SoonerLibertarian's post: boomsoon7, soonerschooner


  28. #28
    Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    The question is, why are the players not playing hard, not paying attention, and busting every other assignment.

    The coaches have to find a way to motivate them and get them to play at a championship level. They have the ability to play good defense.
    I don't have a source inside the program, so I can't say anything definitively. But this reminds me of so many situations I've seen before--and it's usually when the workers have lost faith in their system and the boss that runs it.

    They'll say in public how happy they are, how satisfied they are, but it always reflects in their work. They half-ass things. Their work pace is sluggish. They go to work everyday, but they're not enthusiastic. Any effort they have to give is pure pride--but that doesn't go as far as you would think.

    I'm telling you, quote me even and laugh at me if I'm wrong, I can take it, if/when Ruffin takes the reins--someone that many people have said the players love--you'll see a huge jump in effort. Just like when Riley came to town. Those offensive guys ride and die with him; I bet the defense is ready to do the same when they have a leader they truly believe in--not to mention one that doesn't have to be sent to a box so a player doesn't go off on him (lest we forget the Julian Wilson incident that necessitated the move).
    3 users like CrimsonOberon's post: MichSooner, SoonerVikeThunder, Val on the Getner


  29. #29
    SoonerLibertarian's Avatar
    Posts
    22,127
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Our offense scored once after the first 4 possessions. It sucked also.
    4 users like SoonerLibertarian's post: blackfrancois, king47sooners, land burglar73507, soonergrad


  30. #30
    Originally Posted by Camel at Sea View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, Steven Parker and Jordan Thomas were NFL bound - with Motley outplaying Thomas on the other side. Kelly was a potential future Butkus winner coming into this year at LB. Murray was an athletic freak who just needed more snaps at LB. Obo and Gallimore have NFL talent.

    I was willing to give the secondary a pass for the Baylor game because we had to put a guy who was essentially our 4th option out there at free safety. That wasn't the reality for us against Iowa State though.

    Are we as talented as Bama or Clemson on defense? No. Are we plenty talented on that side? Yeah. We've recruited well there for the last few cycles. Guys aren't giving good effort, they aren't tackling well, they're making terrible and undisciplined penalties, and Mike isn't making good adjustments in-game. If you're playing passively and dropping a bunch of guys back in coverage you shouldn't be getting torched through the air.
    Agree. And I will add...
    A lot of peeps like to bring up injuries /getting guys healthy again and how important that is for a defense (or offense) to be successful. You can say this 1000 times but it doesn't negate the fact that opposing teams are missing their starters all the damned time on both sides of the ball. Yet, OU finds a way allow opposing teams to plug and play without missing a beat. Baylor hadn't figured out how to put on their own **** helmets by the time we rolled into Waco, yet they damned near beat us. Iowa State starts a 3rd string QB and we can't seem to shake things up. These massive failures are rooted with the coaches. Is it a coincidence that so many mistakes were made by so many players on Saturday?
    2 users like HorpelKrufkin's post: Hastur, SoonerDamon


  31. #31
    Will Teddy get the can?

  32. #32
    Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    Talent isn't the problem. It's a Stoops bro that is the problem.
    I disagree, talent or lack of is a problem on defense. Coaching is a big problem too but I don't lots of talent out there

  33. #33
    SoonerLibertarian's Avatar
    Posts
    22,127
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by really View Post
    I disagree, talent or lack of is a problem on defense. Coaching is a big problem too but I don't lots of talent out there
    Teams are doing more with far less talent than we got.

  34. #34
    Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    Teams are doing more with far less talent than we got.
    I agree..that's where the coaching comes in..

  35. #35
    SoonerLibertarian's Avatar
    Posts
    22,127
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    I would bet there are only a hand full of teams with as much or more talent than OU.
    The following users like this post: ousoonerman93


  36. #36
    Originally Posted by BillySimsAfro View Post
    Will Teddy get the can?
    He's going off on the 3-4 defense and Mike again right now. Ouch!

  37. #37
    I'm keeping it at the animal. Those guys are nucking futs


  38. #38
    Teddy is absolutely losing his mind right now.

    "Sick of watching this 3 man front crap!!! It's passive and weak and not getting anything done! Everyone is waiting for someone else to make a play. It's a joke! I don't even know why Mike keeps running this defense, it's not even what he does!! We played a defense for him that had 4 lineman with our hands in the dirt and we went out to attack EVERY PLAY! I'm sick of watching this weak defensive crap they're putting out there every week. It's not stopping anybody!!!(in the big12)"

    to paraphrase. I gave you about 1/10th of what was actually said. he went on for a good 3 minutes.
    4 users like HorpelKrufkin's post: blackfrancois, chris9996, CrimsonOberon, ousoonerman93

    Last edited by HorpelKrufkin; October 9th, 2017 at 05:57 PM.

  39. #39
    Dear Teddy,

    When all these ****es start questioning your allegiance to the program, know that at least two other people understand exactly where you are coming from. It has been too long and Oklahoma football is too GREAT to have to endure this shit!

    Signed,

    One of those two people

  40. #40
    Yuck Fu's Avatar
    Posts
    8,219
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ah so, mutha fucka.

    Originally Posted by Rockgod View Post
    It was not just Jordan Thomas. Mistake after mistake on defense. Lack of effort. Talent level is lacking. Mike may have known after Baylor that secondary was bad. 3-3-5 defense SUCKS! Mike has never won with this. On and on. Not good guys.
    I don't think people would be near as hard on Jordan Thomas if it weren't for the fact that he was FIRST FREAKING TEAM ALL CONFERENCE last season.

  41. #41
    Originally Posted by Rockgod View Post
    Tech can beat OU in Norman. Okie St. would score more than 40 points tomorrow in Norman. This is what we are. No defense.
    you probably would've written the same defeatist shit after tosu game last year.


  42. #42
    I texted KREF and asked for Teddy to talk about his opinion on what the players' relationship with Mike might be like, noting that Stoops is up in the booth now.

    Not sure if he was responding to me, but in the next segment he talked about Mike Stoops and his coaching. Captured it on my laptop. (If anyone knows how to add Soundcloud clips to play within the forum, let me know)

    Duration 8:16
    https://soundcloud.com/hk25/kref-ted...u-defense-2017
    The following users like this post: pphilfran


  43. #43
    Originally Posted by HorpelKrufkin View Post
    Teddy is absolutely losing his mind right now.

    "Sick of watching this 3 man front crap!!! It's passive and weak and not getting anything done! Everyone is waiting for someone else to make a play. It's a joke! I don't even know why Mike keeps running this defense, it's not even what he does!! We played a defense for him that had 4 lineman with our hands in the dirt and we went out to attack EVERY PLAY! I'm sick of watching this weak defensive crap they're putting out there every week. It's not stopping anybody!!!"

    to paraphrase. I gave you about 1/10th of what was actually said. he went on for a good 3 minutes.
    God bless Teddy for having the balls to say this publicly. I'm sure the players are just waiting for the opportunity to go out there and play an attacking defense, rather than this prevent bullshit.

  44. #44
    Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    Our offense scored once after the first 4 possessions. It sucked also.
    They did not play perfect, but if 500 yards of offense and 31pts "sucks" that says more about what we expect from the offense, than poor performance.

  45. #45
    Originally Posted by Rockgod View Post
    I wish he could go both ways
    I don't think we need to be talking about this kind of stuff on the football board.
    The following users like this post: traxx


  46. #46
    Here's my take:

    I agree with everything Teddy Said.

    11 am kick offs suck. The fans were not into the game and the players looked like they were not either.

    The pass rush was ****ing weak. I assume that was due to the Scheme that Mike had in place and that scheme is bullshit and needs to be thrown out. Ohio State The D was aggressive and the pass rush was intense. At baylor and home against ISU was soft as ****. I would rather have a pass rush that is going balls out and ****ing up the QB than one that just let's him sit there and pick a secondary apart. Cause some confusion make him nervous.

    I don't buy that there isn't enough talent on the D side of the ball. There are multiple players with NFL level talent on the D. They have to show up and the scheme has to work.

    Offensively I can't complain much, but there were times where dropped balls killed drives and scoring opportunities. You have to be better.

    Doesn't get any easier from here. They better figure shit out.
    The following users like this post: chris9996


  47. #47
    Genesis Reigns's Avatar
    Posts
    61
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    all over the globe

    Personally, I don't believe it's the personnel or schematics in regards to this defense. The problem is Mike Stoops and what he has installed is not conducive to the talent level. Simple things like keep Jordan Thomas in single coverage repeatedly falls back on him. Refusing to have help over the top falls back on him. I blame him over anyone or anything. I'm beyond sick and tired of being sick and tired watching him get out coached by lesser talent.

    I don't necessarily even think the problem is the 3 3 5 defense he runs either. If even remotley ran correctly, with said defense excuted properly- it can stop above average offenses. ISU 3 3 5 against OU is a good example of that.
    The following users like this post: ElkRiverSooner


  48. #48
    Originally Posted by drspencer View Post

    The pass rush was ****ing weak. I assume that was due to the Scheme that Mike had in place and that scheme is bullshit and needs to be thrown out. Ohio State The D was aggressive and the pass rush was intense. At baylor and home against ISU was soft as ****. I would rather have a pass rush that is going balls out and ****ing up the QB than one that just let's him sit there and pick a secondary apart. Cause some confusion make him nervous.

    I don't buy that there isn't enough talent on the D side of the ball.
    I don't buy it either. That's a ridiculous thing to say and our losses over the last Seven years prove that point. Does anyone remember "7" years ago? Barely removed from a championship contending season.
    If Stoops continues this 3-Man defensive front for another ****ing game, it's obvious that the alcohol has done its job. GTFO

  49. #49
    Originally Posted by Genesis Reigns View Post
    Personally, I don't believe it's the personnel or schematics in regards to this defense. The problem is Mike Stoops and what he has installed is not conducive to the talent level. Simple things like keep Jordan Thomas in single coverage repeatedly falls back on him. Refusing to have help over the top falls back on him. I blame him over anyone or anything. I'm beyond sick and tired of being sick and tired watching him get out coached by lesser talent.

    I don't necessarily even think the problem is the 3 3 5 defense he runs either. If even remotley ran correctly, with said defense excuted properly- it can stop above average offenses. ISU 3 3 5 against OU is a good example of that.
    "If ran properly..."

    Fair enough, based on principle. But If my players aren't executing with this coverage, I'm gonna try aggressive and let them fly. At the very least, it will get their instincts for physical football at peak and blood boiling. If I were a D-lineman in this 3-man shit, I'd be extremely bored and frustrated.

  50. #50
    Mike Stoops is horrible and we've known this for years but lets be honest. These players have no heart. This wasn't TCU or Oklahoma State out there. I'm tired of hearing about the scheme. I don't give a flying **** what the scheme looked like; you should beat Iowa State no matter what game plan you have. It was beyond pathetic. If you're dropping 7 and 8 into coverage then why are we still getting beat. These kids need to wake up. IOWA STATE, folks. Iowa ****ing State. They had no business being on that field. It is too early to hammer Riley but its obvious he's still too enthralled with his offense to really manage the whole game. Say what you want but I'll gladly eat my crow on this one, Bob would have never let a team lose to Iowa State. You don't lose to that team.
    2 users like Stein7495's post: chris9996, Soonerfan65


Similar Threads

  1. Dusty Dvoracek, Teddy Lehman are in a rush
    By OU48A in forum Football
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2012, 08:46 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2012, 08:40 AM
  3. Dusty Dvoracek, Teddy Lehman are in a rush
    By Mex The Dog in forum The Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 21st, 2012, 04:50 PM

Tags for this Thread