Adrian Peterson traded to Cardinals

Posted 69 day(s) ago 5669 Views 89 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

NFL Adrian Peterson traded to Cardinals

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...nal-draft-pick

He was forgotten in New Orleans, maybe new scenery will help.
    3 users like Sooners34's post: BraveSooner, marfacowboy, OUReality

That's where Emmitt went to die too.

Good luck, AD.
    3 users like Mjcpr's post: bushmaster06, PokeJ, sovasooner

I'm not sure if he has much left or not, but he'll get more touches than spending all game on the sideline with the Saints.
    2 users like KSooner's post: Mjcpr, SoonerNow

I thought everyone was saying the Giants were the ones that really needed someone like AD. I'm surprised he was traded and didn't go there.

Great...going to a team that can't run block for shit and will get behind most games opening up playing time for Ellington.

Why would anyone want to take his contract?

Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    Why would anyone want to take his contract?
    I don't think his NO contract is very large at all.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Great...going to a team that can't run block for shit and will get behind most games opening up playing time for Ellington.
    Can’t be any worse than sitting the bench in NO.
    2 users like SixBean's post: BozTheGreat&Powerful, RockFlagandEagle

Originally Posted by PoncaCitySooner View Post
    I thought everyone was saying the Giants were the ones that really needed someone like AD. I'm surprised he was traded and didn't go there.
    When you're 0-5 the last thing you want is an aging RB at the cost of any draft pick.
    2 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: sooneron, Squad

Arizona's o-line sucks. Good luck Adrian.
    The following users like this post: 2121sooner

he looks good in red, though.

when i was a kid we got everything from sears, especially at christmas. back then, they didn't have any college stuff. so one christmas, i chose a st louis cardinals football jacket because it was red and white.

they bought it so big, i could squeeze my shoulder pads underneath and wear it to my pee wee games.

wish i still had my vikings helmet, also from sears...
    2 users like blackfrancois's post: 1stTimeCaller, Shooter

I looked up the career rushing leaders and then looked at how many had 1,000 yard seasons at age 32 or after. There were hardly any (Payton, Smith, Harris, and Riggins, maybe one more). And I think most of those came at exactly age 32.

I hope Peterson does well, but judging by history (and the start to this year), he's done.

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post

when i was a kid we got everything from sears, especially at christmas. back then, they didn't have any college stuff. so one christmas, i chose a st louis cardinals football jacket because it was red and white.

they bought it so big, i could squeeze my shoulder pads underneath and wear it to my pee wee games.

When I was in 4th grade I entered the Punt, Pass, and Kick competition in Sapulpa. First place got a Cardinals helmet. It was the most beautiful thing i had ever seen. Just came in 2nd though...
    2 users like 5thWave's post: 1stTimeCaller, blackfrancois

Adrian could have picked a team with a good O Line but Money was the most important thing.
    4 users like beelzeBob's post: Lehmanfan, Soonerinsocal, Stinger_1066, tennsooner

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    Adrian could have picked a team with a good O Line but Money was the most important thing.
    I was thinking about that the other day: AD is at the edge of retirement, even though he is probably in as good to better shape physically than a lot of younger backs, with injuries and age, he probably doesn't have a lot of time left in the league...so, if you're AD, do you optimize the money you can make in the time you have left? Or do you try to go to a better team for less money and hope you get paid that way?

Originally Posted by soonerschooner View Post
    I was thinking about that the other day: AD is at the edge of retirement, even though he is probably in as good to better shape physically than a lot of younger backs, with injuries and age, he probably doesn't have a lot of time left in the league...so, if you're AD, do you optimize the money you can make in the time you have left? Or do you try to go to a better team for less money and hope you get paid that way?
    I don't think he's winning any super bowls so the $$$ should probably be paramount.
    2 users like Widescreen's post: soonerschooner, Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by soonerschooner View Post
    Money. He has chirruns to feed.
    4 users like Mjcpr's post: 1stTimeCaller, Hogarita, soonerschooner, Stinger_1066

Only so many money making years for an athlete. But his contract really isn’t that big, he took what was available, without many options.

Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    Only so many money making years for an athlete. But his contract really isn’t that big, he took what was available, without many options.

He's already made a shit ton of $. He could retire easily. I think he wants to play, and win.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Wonder when we'll be reading about his bankruptcy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 users like acheman8's post: odin's beard, Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by Mjcpr View Post
    Money. He has chirruns to feed.
    400 chirrun in a crop in the field.
    4 users like traxx's post: 1stTimeCaller, CalSOONER, meandmybutt, Mjcpr

He's already made a shit ton of $. He could retire easily. I think he wants to play, and win.
    Sure could have fooled me. If he wanted to play and win why'd he go to a shit team that throws on every down and whose coach still thinks it's 2006.

I'm thinking he probably spends a shit ton. Hopefully he has invested and manages wisely but I'm not holding my breaf.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015...el-ruths-chris
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

Good luck behind that offensive line.. He might be worth an add in fantasy though.

Originally Posted by acheman8 View Post

Like I said...

I don't think his NO contract is very large at all.
    --- I read $3.5M per year for two years plus incentives-----A lot for a part time player that has been hurt the last two years

I'm thinking he probably spends a shit ton. Hopefully he has invested and manages wisely but I'm not holding my breaf.

W.... T.... F?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    3 users like Turk's post: Mjcpr, sovasooner, Stinger_1066

Dayum! I want to party with that guy!

Who hasn't thrown a party like this for themselves at least once.
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

I bet there were plenty of these:

If he could've been picked up on the cheap I'm surprised JJ didn't snatch him for whenever Zeke has to serve his suspension

Originally Posted by MI Sooner View Post
    I looked up the career rushing leaders and then looked at how many had 1,000 yard seasons at age 32 or after. There were hardly any (Payton, Smith, Harris, and Riggins, maybe one more). And I think most of those came at exactly age 32.

I hope Peterson does well, but judging by history (and the start to this year), he's done.
    You could be right, but the wear and tear on him up until 32 (knee injury aside) is pretty light. Hell, it's like he retired when he was 30.

...and get paid as much as possible.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Sure could have fooled me. If he wanted to play and win why'd he go to a shit team that throws on every down and whose coach still thinks it's 2006.
    Great QB that should have made it harder for the D to stack the box. And Money.

I hope that he runs for 175 his first game there...i'd be happy w/75 tho

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post

My brothers and I all had "letter" jackets...vinyl sleeves, cloth body. I had chiefs, brother had cowboys other had dolphins. Not sure they were from sears of jc penny..back in the mid 70's
    The following users like this post: blackfrancois

One of the best parts of childhood in America was circling shit in Christmas catalogs and wondering which shit your parents would buy.
    4 users like willie's post: blackfrancois, Clark W. Griswold, SA OSO, sooneron

They were no way close in being the shape AD is in...I put AD at 27 body wise I think he has more to offer just needs reps and time to learn the offense..

Originally Posted by MI Sooner View Post

The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder

I hope AD rocks in Phoenix.....as a big **** you to Sean Peyton.
    6 users like meandmybutt's post: Bear_Jew, BraveSooner, KCRuf/Nek, nomad, SoonerNow, SoonerVikeThunder

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    I hope AD rocks in Phoenix.....as a big **** you to Sean Peyton.
    I love AD, but he can't block and is not a good pass catcher. He need to be versatile in Payton offense. I believe we brought him in to be a 3rd down back or if Ingram or Alvin Kamara got hurt. I'm pretty sure after he saw how Kamara played last game he knew he won't be getting much action. Payton loves do it all back, Bush and Sproles were his toys.

Kamara has stepped up big and would argue he is just like Mixon if not better.

Again I am sad, because I wanted AD to have some good games stiff arming people and then retire as a Saint.
    The following users like this post: sperry

Originally Posted by BlownGP View Post
    I love AD, but he can't block and is not a good pass catcher... I believe we brought him in to be a 3rd down back.
    I think I see the problem.
    The following users like this post: RockFlagandEagle

I love AD, but he can't block and is not a good pass catcher. He need to be versatile in Payton offense. I believe we brought him in to be a 3rd down back or if Ingram or Alvin Kamara got hurt. I'm pretty sure after he saw how Kamara played last game he knew he won't be getting much action. Payton loves do it all back, Bush and Sproles were his toys.

Kamara has stepped up big and would argue he is just like Mixon if not better.

Again I am sad, because I wanted AD to have some good games stiff arming people and then retire as a Saint.
    Wrong on the pass catcher. AD was not a good fit because NO never was going to commit to him. AD normally had the highest catch percent on Vikes but their system of crappy coaches/OCs/ABs rarely used him to catch. But when he was thrown to he normally had the best catch percent on team. Its an old wives tale that he can’t catch.
    2 users like SoonerVikeThunder's post: SA OSO, SoonerNow

Originally Posted by SoonerVikeThunder View Post
    Wrong on the pass catcher. AD was not a good fit because NO never was going to commit to him. AD normally had the highest catch percent on Vikes but their system of crappy coaches/OCs/ABs rarely used him to catch. But when he was thrown to he normally had the best catch percent on team. Its an old wives tale that he can’t catch.
    NO was never going to commit to him. He knew that before he even came here. You think Ingram is going to sit at #2 or #3 after just having a 1000 yard season?

Now, I agree on the pass catching. The Saints forum and all the media says he's not a good pas catcher. I sorta was leaning that way because I don't remember him doing it much with Vikings but again it's not like I watched ever Vikings game.

My memory was fuzzy but I thought he caught balls at OU pretty regularly but never went to look up the stats.

But, whatever. He's gone now. I was happy he was a Saint with me being a OU fan but at the same I wasn't sure why we needed especially after getting Kamara.
    The following users like this post: SoonerVikeThunder

Originally Posted by willie View Post
    One of the best parts of childhood in America was circling shit in Christmas catalogs and wondering which shit your parents would buy.
    In my letter to Santa I's include the page numbers. Of course the first section was always the bra and underwear pages. All white, of course.
    The following users like this post: willie

My memory was fuzzy but I thought he caught balls at OU pretty regularly but never went to look up the stats...
    2004 5rec 12yds 0tds
    2005 9rec 50yds 0tds
    2006 10rec 136yds 1tds
    Career: 24rec 198yds 1tds

Contrast with A.D.'s 748 career rushing attempts at OU. I can't believe he wasn't more involved with the passing game. Not saying he had to be Reggie Bush or anything, but 24 measly receptions?
    The following users like this post: BlownGP

Originally Posted by acheman8 View Post

I'd say soon based off this.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...Vfq?li=BBnb7Kz

Originally Posted by tennsooner View Post
    well, he can always start a bbq chain

Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    well, he can always start a bbq chain
    That or he could put in a chain of restaurants that serve breakfast "All DAY".
    4 users like tennsooner's post: Boomer6671, SA OSO, SoonerNow, sooneron

Originally Posted by tennsooner View Post
    That or he could put in a chain of restaurants that serve breakfast "All DAY".
    But his initials are A.P.
    4 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: Doctor X, SoonerNow, sooneron, Stinger_1066