Pregame Thoughts on uterus

Posted 13 day(s) ago 2978 Views 66 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Fuck Texas Pregame Thoughts on uterus

After the abortion of a game last week, time to reset.

OU is the better team. We didn't show up and played like uninspired crap last week. At least most of our issues are correctable. If we play hard and do what we do, we should win.

texas has a poor OL, pedestrian offense, weak defense. They have some talent at DL but little quality depth. Overall their defense is slightly above average. Offense is not good.

Mike stoops has failed as DC, but with a little aggression the OU defense can be very good. If OU plays hard and focused, they are way better than texas. OU needs to win this for 1000 reasons.

**** tom herman and **** texas.

Like i said, if we were still undefeated, we'd go into this game overconfident....now we lost to a cupcake at home.

Who knows what'll happen. We have zero room for error

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post

texas has a poor OL, pedestrian offense...
    Unfortunately Mike has a knack for making pedestrian offenses look like the 2000 St Louis Rams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4 users like acheman8's post: MyT Oklahoma, RedRiverBaron, Soonerjeepman, sperry

Originally Posted by acheman8 View Post
    Unfortunately Mike has a knack for making pedestrian offenses look like the 2000 St Louis Rams.

Unfortunately MIke has a knack for making pedestrians look like the 2000 St. Louis Rams.
    7 users like Slippery Pete's post: Bob Loblaw, boomer8390, BoomSoon2016, drnlaw, gratefulRed, MyT Oklahoma, soonirvana

Not the end of the world, but I can see it from here.

I have very little faith that MS will remove his head from his ass by game time.

I'd like to think we can wear down their defense and put the game away in the 4th quarter. I also fear that it may go the other way as our defense never gets off the field.

It will be interesting to see if Lincoln tries either; first team to 60, or eat up clock and keep the defense off the field.
    The following users like this post: HorpelKrufkin

"Texas has a weak defense"
    ISU scored 7 points at Ames at night

lol

Originally Posted by UTEX69 View Post

lol
    **** off.
    2 users like CZECHVAR's post: chris9996, MyT Oklahoma

lol
    Maryland scored 51 points in Austin to beat UT, and Maryland scored 10 points at home against UCF. Maryland lost that game.

Originally Posted by BoomerSooner2578 View Post
    Maryland scored 51 points in Austin to beat UT, and Maryland scored 10 points at home against UCF. Maryland lost that game.
    Maryland has a different qb now because the first qb got hurt at the end of Texas. Not a good comparison

Originally Posted by BoomerSooner2578 View Post
    1st game of the season under a new coach.

There's no preseason in college football

lol
    I agree, defense is the strength of Texas.

What I see in this game is a blitzing Texas defense, to the point of relentlessness. Iowa State tried to keep Mayfield in the pocket with corner blitzes, and it was effective. Texas and their fans already know this is how you limit Mayfield.

Also, as usual, I see Texas forcing at least one turnover on special teams. Badet has happy hands and tends to take off before securing the ball. He makes me nervous, although he's good once he snags the ball. Over all, OU has a crappy special teams unit. They are pretty solid on defending the punt/kick-off, but very pedestrian when accepting the ball.

Texas will be able to connect on numerous pass routes, frustrating our fans beyond belief, due to Mike's bend don't break.

Toss-up game, with Texas also winning the penalty count. OU 23 TX 21

fwiw

A "weak Texas team" beat ou and mayfield in 2015, and lost by 5 last year
    I wonder if they learned anything
    The following users like this post: Balko

We are going to skull**** texsa, gain momentum, win out, get blasted in round 1 of the playoffs by clampsun, and mike will keep his job. Guys this shit is like pro wrasslin' at this point.
    3 users like hawkdriver's post: gratefulRed, soonerschooner, stlOU

Originally Posted by Tough Guy View Post
    Maryland has a different qb now because the first qb got hurt at the end of Texas. Not a good comparison
    That same backup QB that lost to UCF managed to beat Minnesota with the Maryland offense scoring 31 points on them. Perhaps its Maryland's overall offense, including their OLine, that beat Texas. I know of a team with a good OLine. In fact, I know of a team with a better QB than Maryland's week 1 starter that beat Texas.

mayfield couldn't outrun the Arkansas police
    Can he outrun Malik Jefferson?

He did last year. So yes.

1.5 sacks in 5 games. Baker has nothing to worry about.

My pregame thought is, I haven't been this flat emotionally for this game ever...I guess that cluster of a game last week just took my enthusiasm and hope and screwed it over.
    2 users like catfishcurtis's post: Maximus, mrSooner

I'd trade UT's D over ours in this game, period. As long as Mike goes with them....
    The following users like this post: MyT Oklahoma

Originally Posted by catfishcurtis View Post
    My pregame thought is, I haven't been this flat emotionally for this game ever...I guess that cluster of a game last week just took my enthusiasm and hope and screwed it over.
    Agreed. Feeling the same damn way.
    3 users like SportyJames's post: boomer23, SoonerNow, YellowShoeSooner

Originally Posted by hawkdriver View Post
    We are going to skull**** texsa, gain momentum, win out, get blasted in round 1 of the playoffs by clampsun, and mike will keep his job. Guys this shit is like pro wrasslin' at this point.
    I would totally take that right now...

These threads are fun. Aren't they?

*insert whichever emoji you think applies*

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    These threads are fun. Aren't they?

*insert whichever emoji you think applies*
    2 users like SportyJames's post: MyT Oklahoma, R3D Mamba

lol
    I wouldn't call the UT defense "weak" but I wouldn't point to the ISU game and conclude that they're "great" either. ISU QB couldn't hit water from a boat in that game. I think OU has the offense (assuming Lamb can go) and Oline to move the ball well enough to win. Defensively though, OU needs to play much better. UT's offense is middle of the road at best, but a decent run game mixed with some timely passing/QB run game will cause OU problems. Should be a good game, but if BOTH teams play to their potential....OU should win comfortably. I think OU has the better overall team, but they have to play well and limit the drive extending mistakes on defense in order to win.
    4 users like gratefulRed's post: boomer8390, BoomSoon2016, MyT Oklahoma, soonerschooner

Pregame thoughts? **** TEJAS. **** 'em
    2 users like BraveSooner's post: MyT Oklahoma, Nirvana Norman

Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    It will be interesting to see if Lincoln tries either; first team to 60, or eat up clock and keep the defense off the field.
    Stoops won a ton of ugly Big 12 games doing the former. Riley's 0-1 with the latter.

lol
    Well shit- we played ISU during the day. That explains it.

Originally Posted by gratefulRed View Post
    I wouldn't call the UT defense "weak" but I wouldn't point to the ISU game and conclude that they're "great" either. ISU QB couldn't hit water from a boat in that game. I think OU has the offense (assuming Lamb can go) and Oline to move the ball well enough to win. Defensively though, OU needs to play much better. UT's offense is middle of the road at best, but a decent run game mixed with some timely passing/QB run game will cause OU problems. Should be a good game, but if BOTH teams play to their potential....OU should win comfortably. I think OU has the better overall team, but they have to play well and limit the drive extending mistakes on defense in order to win.
    Didn't the kid literally go to rehab or something right after that game? I'll stick with the Maryland performance as more characteristic. UT's defense may be a little better than Mike's, but that's not exactly saying anything. It's not better than Ohio State's. I'm pretty sure of that.
    The following users like this post: gratefulRed

Originally Posted by catfishcurtis View Post
    Well damn, if you're emotionally flat it's pretty much game over...UT for the win.
    But seriously, I hear ya. Last Saturday was if my gay son had a sex change and then became a lesbian (NTTAWRWT). It's easy to not care so much anymore.
    The following users like this post: BoomSoon2016

#FireMikeStoops

Originally Posted by AppalachianSooner View Post
    Didn't the kid literally go to rehab or something right after that game? I'll stick with the Maryland performance as more characteristic. UT's defense may be a little better than Mike's, but that's not exactly saying anything. It's not better than Ohio State's. I'm pretty sure of that.
    I wish Park coulda held off his demons for just one more game...

My thoughts? If OU loses because if it's defense, Riley is gonna be in a tight spot.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Sober?

Run the ball!!! Run the ball!!! Run the ball!!! When in doubt, run the ball!!!! This game and with Mike in the booth so much reminds me of the '94 (I believe) Orange Bowl between Nebraska and Miami. By the 4th quarter the Miami defensive front couldn't even stand up during a timeout, and there's a really nice image of one of those timeouts where the Miami players are on their knees, and every Nebraska player is standing up ready for more. I just want to send that to Lincoln. Or please, someone tell him!!!

Originally Posted by AppalachianSooner View Post
    Texas fan here.

As a rule of thumb, the 1st game is usually not the most characteristic of performance. Watching the Maryland game, you could tell Texas players were VERY tentative on defense, and as a result they were leaving A-gaps wide open which made us unable to stop the run.

Now, the run defense is one of our greatest strengths (assuming you guys don't have Delton go single wing on us out of nowhere).

The last 3 games, Texas defense allowed in regulation the following:

USC: 17 pts
    Iowa State: 7 pts
    KSU: 27 pts (7 of those were a result of the unexpected Delton and single wing).

Basically, taking the 1st game as the characteristic of defensive performance is laughable.

I don't know if we win this game, our offense has been horrid the entire season, however it looked MUCH better against KSU with Ehlinger in there and our O-line was much better than they were previously. I'll simply say that this Texas team is much better overall (especially on defense) than our teams the last 2 years, and we won in 2015 and were competitive in 2016. It's going to be a fun one, that's for sure.

Odds not goid

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post

OU is the better team. We didn't show up and played like uninspired crap last week. At least most of our issues are correctable. If we play hard and do what we do, we should win.

texas has a poor OL, pedestrian offense, weak defense. They have some talent at DL but little quality depth. Overall their defense is slightly above average. Offense is not good.

Mike stoops has failed as DC, but with a little aggression the OU defense can be very good. If OU plays hard and focused, they are way better than texas. OU needs to win this for 1000 reasons.

Will we hit people instead of trying to wrestle them down? Will we line up and cover receivers instead of trying to chuck them at he line and let them fly by us? Will our defensive line men get past them instead of holding them and doing the waltz for 30 seconds until the pass is complete? Will we call plays based on the defensive alignments and not on trying to get Bake stats? And overall play like we WANT to beat them instead of expecting them to give us the game because we are Oklahoma?

4 users like DelMarSooner's post: Crazyivan, Greek Sooner, MyT Oklahoma, OU812

Originally Posted by aero1126 View Post
    Texas fan here.

As a rule of thumb, the 1st game is usually not the most characteristic of performance. Watching the Maryland game, you could tell Texas players were VERY tentative on defense, and as a result they were leaving A-gaps wide open which made us unable to stop the run.

Now, the run defense is one of our greatest strengths (assuming you guys don't have Delton go single wing on us out of nowhere).

KSU: 27 pts (7 of those were a result of the unexpected Delton and single wing).

Basically, taking the 1st game as the characteristic of defensive performance is laughable.

I don't know if we win this game, our offense has been horrid the entire season, however it looked MUCH better against KSU with Ehlinger in there and our O-line was much better than they were previously. I'll simply say that this Texas team is much better overall (especially on defense) than our teams the last 2 years, and we won in 2015 and were competitive in 2016. It's going to be a fun one, that's for sure.
    If I've learned anything from this rivalry, its that the actual outcome will be completely different than whatever the "experts" predicted. I wouldn't be stunned if suddenly either/both defenses play all-world, and we see 7-7 at halftime

OU 48 Horns 17 all Day- This team is pissed- they got caught looking past ISU- they will play like they did at OSU
    The following users like this post: LesNessman

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Texas is going to come out and do some shit.

Oklahoma is going to come out and do some shit.

Some of Texas shit will work and some won't. Some of OU's shit will work and some won't.

One team's shit will work better than the others and they will score more points.

The other team whose shit didn't work will lose and their season will effectively be over and seen as a "rebuilding year" and "next year is our year".
    4 users like SoCaliSooner's post: BoomSoon2016, Hogarita, OUrage, ~TheJoker~

We've got to be able to effectively run the ball. The old adage that the team with the better rushing numbers wins, is usually true in this game (barring turnover issues).

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post

Some of Texas shit will work and some won't. Some of OU's shit will work and some won't.

One team's shit will work better than the others and they will score more points.

The other team whose shit didn't work will lose and their season will effectively be over and seen as a "rebuilding year" and "next year is our year".
    Now that is the shittiest prediction I've ever read.

Originally Posted by aero1126 View Post
    Texas fan here.

You leave an undertone that your KSU win was pretty impressive. Don't be so sure of that. Vanderbilt beat KSU 14-7 and got smoked by Georgia 45-14.

KSU only put up 7 points on Vandy on the road and managed 34 on ya'll on the road.
    The following users like this post: ChocoLab

Originally Posted by Bustarime View Post
    You leave an undertone that your KSU win was pretty impressive. Don't be so sure of that. Vanderbilt beat KSU 14-7 and got smoked by Georgia 45-14.

KSU only put up 7 points on Vandy on the road and managed 34 on ya'll on the road.
    Well...then you'll totally **** yourself up running down that trail when you bring in Iowa State beating OU at home and Texas beating them handily on the road.

How did osu get involved in this conversation

Originally Posted by Mazeppa View Post
    How did osu get involved in this conversation
    That's okie talk. The fan base is the same...

Isn't that part of the UTerus fight song?