Veterans Day

Posted 11 day(s) ago 284 Views 10 Replies

Veterans Day

Owe a lot to those who serve and have served

4 users like Hermit's post: Greek Sooner, SoonerVikeThunder, StroudSooner, willie

just got back from a very nice veterans day assembly at my son's school..
    my son did a great job playing taps...
    4 users like 87sooner's post: Greek Sooner, Hermit, SoonerVikeThunder, TheBoots

God bless men like that. He's the type of guy who at any Airborne convention can get free drinks when he's asked how many jumps he had and he responds with "two."

We had a really good Veterans Day ceremony here yesterday. It was really touching to see members of the German local community and military taking part in it.
    7 users like SoonerSapper's post: Greek Sooner, hawkdriver, Hermit, McRib, SoonerVikeThunder, Spade1000, StroudSooner

Originally Posted by SoonerSapper View Post
    God bless men like that. He's the type of guy who at any Airborne convention can get free drinks when he's asked how many jumps he had and he responds with "two."

We had a really good Veterans Day ceremony here yesterday. It was really touching to see members of the German local community and military taking part in it.
    So you are saying a pair of mustard stain will get me a free beer or 2, eh? Time to cash in lol.

In all seriousness, those men are owed such a debt of gratitude that we can never truly repay. They embody just about everything good and noble about the American fighting spirit. There are so few left, its really sad and we can never do enough to show them our gratitude. Right people at the right time. God bless all of our warriors, past present and future.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    2 users like Spade1000's post: Greek Sooner, Hermit

I miss the people I served with everyday. And I really miss the handing these out!

To all the airmen, and most of the officers I served with, peace be with you.

And last but not least, on this Veterans Day weekend, **** saxeT
    7 users like StroudSooner's post: Greek Sooner, Hermit, McRib, ouwasp, SoonerVikeThunder, Spade1000, TheBoots

President receives news of US Navy CNO Admiral Jeremy Boorda's suicide following reports that he wore 'V' devices on two of his medals without authorization. It was later determined that former CNO Admiral Zumwalt had personally authorized it.

My Dad would've loved this stuff, he loved men's chorus, accupello . When he was in POW camp, they all sang together, loud and boistrous, songs like " let freedom ring ". And when the Germans put them on their 280 mile march at the end of the war, they all sang together when they marched. It gave them strength. And it stayed with my Dad for his entire life.

2 users like Hermit's post: Spade1000, TheBoots

3 users like TheBoots's post: Hogarita, Spade1000, willie

Went to see my dad and grandparents today.
    There were some coins on my dad's headstone, I love seeing that.

Thanks, Veterans.
    3 users like McRib's post: SoonerVikeThunder, Spade1000, StroudSooner

for you old salty vets with dark sense of humor.....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: hawkdriver