Sling vs. Directv Now

Posted 11 day(s) ago 151 Views 3 Replies

Sling vs. Directv Now

After about 8 years of Directv I am thinking about cutting the cord after this football season. I have been pleased with the content on Directv but I only watch a small amount of the available channels. I plan on catching all of my football with a combination of OTA and either sling or directv now.

Things I watch:

CFB, NFL (currently have the ticket but this is likely the last season)
    CNBC
    HGTV, DIY
    NATGEO, Animal Planet, Smithsonian, Discovery, History, American heroes (old military channel)

Feedback on the two services appreciated.

thanks

Originally Posted by Sooner5030 View Post
    After about 8 years of Directv I am thinking about cutting the cord after this football season. I have been pleased with the content on Directv but I only watch a small amount of the available channels. I plan on catching all of my football with a combination of OTA and either sling or directv now.

Things I watch:

CFB, NFL (currently have the ticket but this is likely the last season)
    CNBC
    HGTV, DIY
    NATGEO, Animal Planet, Smithsonian, Discovery, History, American heroes (old military channel)

Feedback on the two services appreciated.

thanks
    I liked sling better than directv now, it seemed like directv was slower to start. Both are sure to get better.

I prefer Sony (playstation) Vue over those. No, you don't have to have a playstation. It's available as an app on many devices.
    The following users like this post: Bk2X

I'm using Youtube TV, so far I like it better than DirecTV Now, Sling, and PS Vue. I've used all of them for a couple of months each. You get all the ESPN's and Fox Sports, plus the typical basic cable channels, but you can also watch some of the local channels in your area. OKC has KOCO channel 5 (ABC), KWTV 9 (CBS), and KOKH 25 (Fox). My favorite part is the DVR, you get unlimited cloud recording. Even on the local shows. You can tell it to add any show to your library and it'll be available to watch on demand after it airs.

Here is a screenshot of what's currently playing live with the full lineup you get for $35 / mo.

2 users like Raneman's post: Bob, Sooner5030