Rodney Anderson

Posted 9 day(s) ago 4164 Views 90 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rodney Anderson

What can you say, the dude is one bad mofo. The run where here trucked a few defenders on his way to the end zone was a thing of beauty.
    On a side note, hope Sermon learns that when we need a half yard that he needs to run north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    What can you say, the dude is one bad mofo. The run where here trucked a few defenders on his way to the end zone was a thing of beauty.
    On a side note, hope Sermon learns that when we need a half yard that he needs to run north.

I believe it was the next series Rodney trucked that LB tho he was tackled by the safety short of the 1st down marker. That was the most impressive no gain run I've ever seen.

Sermon's run you mention was an extremely good tackle. Totally expected Sermon to run thru that.
    The following users like this post: OUrage

Last edited by RockFlagandEagle; November 12th, 2017 at 09:19 AM.

It's honestly incredible what a good receiver he is. Prevented Riley from looking ridiculous before half too
    6 users like TheBorenSupremacy's post: Bear_Jew, Greek Sooner, Lout, SoonerNow, soonerschooner, sovasooner

You spelled Rodney Anderson wrong.

It's R.F.A.

You're welcome.

My wife would say, when he would score, him again?
    2 users like SportyJames's post: Bear_Jew, Greek Sooner

I wonder if he’s knocked the rust off yet.
    3 users like Zack's post: Lbarnum86, Lout, SA OSO

Makes me miss Mixon less and less each week.

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Agree on Anderson. Size, speed, vision and toughness. He definitely looks like an NFL back. Sermon is still learning. Tremendous talent, but Anderson is the guy with the hot hand right now.
    2 users like marfacowboy's post: BozzyBoy, soonerschooner

Originally Posted by SportyJames View Post
    He's like a better Mixon who isn't an idiot. I'm actually getting a little bit worried about the fact that he's draft eligible this year, and has suffered two season ending injuries. If he dominates down the stretch all the way to a title, he could leave.
    2 users like sperry's post: Bear_Jew, ChocoLab

SOMEONE! Steps up on offense every week. So many weapons. Baker must feel like a kid at Toy'sRUS! I will not even list them. You already know.

Originally Posted by marfacowboy View Post
    Anderson is the guy with the hot hand right now.
    I find it extremely pleasing that we have a stable of RBs that anyone of them can step up at different times. Teams that need to rely to heavily on one RB are one injury away from a season ending play. I think Riley is highly intelligent by studying opposing team defenses and thus determining which RB is best suited for that particular game.
    2 users like OUrage's post: marfacowboy, soonerschooner

Originally Posted by sperry View Post
    He's like a better Mixon who isn't an idiot. I'm actually getting a little bit worried about the fact that he's draft eligible this year, and has suffered two season ending injuries. If he dominates down the stretch all the way to a title, he could leave.
    ....he should put more distance between the neck injury and an NFL career, would help his draft going injury free for a prolonged period....but hey, his life...love his running style

SS
    2 users like South slider's post: SoonerNow, soonerschooner

Originally Posted by Rockgod View Post
    SOMEONE! Steps up on offense every week. So many weapons. Baker must feel like a kid at Toy'sRUS! I will not even list them. You already know.
    And yet with all that talent at QB, running back and o-line, short yardage is still a huge issue with this team. I hope they get this figured out because games against the Clemson's and Alabama's can hinge on getting that one yard or not.
    9 users like Slippery Pete's post: Good Grief, h-townsooner, HartRod, OUrage, SA OSO, SoonerCAS, SoonerNow, stewy, Yuck Fu

Originally Posted by Slippery Pete View Post
    And yet with all that talent at QB, running back and o-line, short yardage is still a huge issue with this team. I hope they get this figured out because games against the Clemson's and Alabama's can hinge on getting that one yard or not.
    The short yardage stuff falls on Riley. This offense averages 8.5 yards per play. Don't change the playcalling in short yardage. Call your normal offense. We have the best quarterback in NCAA history, let him handle the rock.
    5 users like sperry's post: Adonijah_Aijalon, Bear_Jew, Jbaker, soonerjack, soonerschooner

Should be Big XII offensive player of the week after that performance.

We lose 2 of the best RB's and THE best WR in college to NFL rosters, and we're *better* on offense.

I love Baker more than anyone but I've had a strong feeling for a while this is more about Riley. We'll certainly find out next year.
    4 users like MalibuSooner's post: AcousticSoup, Lout, northspeter, stewy

Dude has a nice bubble butt too.
    5 users like OU_On_My_Mind's post: Adonijah_Aijalon, BlakesBabyDaddy, Breadburner, Doctor X, South slider

This is stupid. In no facet of the game is he better than Joe Mixon. Don't get me wrong. Rodney Anderson is developing into a stud in his own right, but to say he's better than Joe Mixon is just insane.

The short yardage stuff falls on Riley. This offense averages 8.5 yards per play. Don't change the playcalling in short yardage. Call your normal offense. We have the best quarterback in NCAA history, let him handle the rock.
    What? You're not worried so much about your average gain on 3rd down, but what percentage of the time you get enough for the first. Incompletions are zero yards, and sacks are negative yards. Even with an amazing offense, if you're getting your average passing result on 3rd and 1, you're not getting it around 30% of the time. That's too high.
    The following users like this post: ChapelHillSooner

Originally Posted by SportyJames View Post
    He is like Mixon and Perine mixed together in one body.
    7 users like East_Texas_Sooner's post: Adonijah_Aijalon, AppalachianSooner, ATLantaSooner79, BlownGP, ChocoLab, MrQster, sooneron

Originally Posted by South slider View Post
    ....he should put more distance between the neck injury and an NFL career, would help his draft going injury free for a prolonged period....but hey, his life...love his running style

SS
    The school stood by his side for two years and gave him exceptional care and made his college experience outside of football as pleasant as can be thus he might feel obligated to stick around a bit longer, but who knows.
    The following users like this post: South slider

Originally Posted by soonerbms View Post
    This is stupid. In no facet of the game is he better than Joe Mixon. Don't get me wrong. Rodney Anderson is developing into a stud in his own right, but to say he's better than Joe Mixon is just insane.
    His receiving skills are as good as you can ask for, so he's got that going for him.
    4 users like sheepdogs's post: h-townsooner, soonerguru, soonerschooner, South slider

Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    The school stood by his side for two years and gave him exceptional care and made his college experience outside of football as pleasant as can be thus he might feel obligated to stick around a bit longer, but who knows.
    I thought the same thing about DGB but I'm thinking Anderson may have a more level head than DGB. Ultimately Anderson should do what's best for Anderson.
    The following users like this post: Crusader

Hard to believe he's just a sophomore

Originally Posted by East_Texas_Sooner View Post
    He is like Mixon and Perine mixed together in one body.
    Pixon/Mixrine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    2 users like SportyJames's post: CherokeeFly, East_Texas_Sooner

He's a quicker Flowers....
    2 users like mexican/ninja's post: OU_On_My_Mind, South slider

He made some really solid catches in the first half.

Originally Posted by LakeForkSooner View Post
    Should be Big XII offensive player of the week after that performance.
    Absolutely no doubt about it.

Amazing to think about how many times different guys have had big games.

Sermon, Flowers, Brown, Adams, Andrews, Lamb, Badet,....not to mention Mayfield being excellent every week.
    The following users like this post: soonerschooner

I just realized he could leave this year. It just seems like he just started. He seems to have the physical tools to be a high draft pick.

Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    His receiving skills are as good as you can ask for, so he's got that going for him.
    The guy can do everything. Run, catch, pass block, and jump out of pools.
    3 users like MrQster's post: 5thWave, CherokeeFly, OU_On_My_Mind

Originally Posted by soonerbms View Post
    Sorry but he's a better wr then MIxon .He also has better vision between the tackles .
    The following users like this post: soonerguru

Originally Posted by Sooner 1234 View Post
    Sorry but he's a better wr then MIxon .He also has better vision between the tackles .
    Not even close to as good of a receiver as Joe. Rodney isn’t gonna get split outside and run real routes anytime soon.

I’m stoked for Anderson as much as the next guy, but this Mixon talk is silly.

Originally Posted by MI Sooner View Post
    What? You're not worried so much about your average gain on 3rd down, but what percentage of the time you get enough for the first. Incompletions are zero yards, and sacks are negative yards. Even with an amazing offense, if you're getting your average passing result on 3rd and 1, you're not getting it around 30% of the time. That's too high.
    Our normal offense is about 50/50 run pass and goes out of the shotgun. That shouldn't change in short yardage situations, aside from at the goal line.
    The following users like this post: Velo Sooner

Originally Posted by Slippery Pete View Post
    Riley needs to be reminded that a QB sneak is not against the rules. As Mangino would say. "Do it on the quick!"
    The following users like this post: SoonerNow

Reminds me a little of OJ Simpson’s old footage.

I am so happy for R.F.A. To bounce back after 2 injuries and be this dominant is very impressive. He has been a game changer several times this year. And yeah, that touchdown where he flattened that LB was just nasty! The TCU fans in our section were told how embarrassing that was...and they agreed. Haha!

Originally Posted by Hang Half a Hundred View Post
    Not even close to as good of a receiver as Joe. Rodney isn’t gonna get split outside and run real routes anytime soon.

Anderson is playing as well as Mixon did his first season.

here are the stats.

Mixon 2015

Mixon had 753 yards rushing, 6.66 ypc. 28 receptions for 356 yards and 12.71 yards per catch.

Anderson has 672 yards at 6.2 yards per carry. He has 14 receptions for a with a 27.8 yards per reception.

Mixon had 11 total TDs and Anderson has 11 at this time.

Both emerged at about mid season in their respective first years.

Rodney was lined up outside the receivers more than once last night
    3 users like SplitTD's post: Lbarnum86, OU_On_My_Mind, Yuck Fu

I’m not sure how it’s silly. The last 4 games, Anderson has looked as good as anyone we’ve had not named Peterson.
    3 users like Zack's post: OU_On_My_Mind, soonerguru, Squad

Rodney Anderson

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    Anderson is playing as well as Mixon did his first season.

here are the stats.

Mixon 2015

Mixon had 753 yards rushing, 6.66 ypc. 28 receptions for 356 yards and 12.71 yards per catch.

Anderson has 672 yards at 6.2 yards per carry. He has 14 receptions for a with a 27.8 yards per reception.

Mixon had 11 total TDs and Anderson has 11 at this time.

Both emerged at about mid season in their respective first years.
    If you are comparing Anderson to Mixon’s first season then maybe. Mixon had better top end speed. Anderson probably has more power though I’m not certain. Easy to forget how good Mixon was.

In any case it’s interesting how the perception and reality has shifted for Anderson. Just a few weeks ago everyone viewed him as the 3rd RB at best. He’s really pouring it on now. I wonder if he was just struggling with the mental side of it earlier.
    2 users like Widescreen's post: OU_On_My_Mind, SA OSO

Its so awesome to see a guy who has faced so much adversity in his first few seasons, work his ass off and stay committed to the team, then be rewarded with the success he’s having this year. He deserves it. He’s always had talent. Now he’s healthy and his hard work is really paying off.

Easy to cheer for guys like that. That is OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL.

Thank you Rodney Anderson.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    I believe it was the next series Rodney trucked that LB tho he was tackled by the safety short of the 1st down marker. That was the most impressive no gain run I've ever seen.

Sermon's run you mention was an extremely good tackle. Totally expected Sermon to run thru that.
    the TCU kid made an "old school" tackle.....wrapped up at the legs/waist. Most kids now hit high and get taken on 5-7 yards bus rides. Pisses me the hell off. Go back and watch highlights of Roy Williams. He nearly ALWAYS tackled low and that's why ball carriers got such little YAC on his watch.
    2 users like gratefulRed's post: ChocoLab, traxx

Not ready to say Rodney's as good as Mixon, but he could be... another year of seasoning and he could totally be that kind of total package RB.

C'mon Rodney, just one more season.

Originally Posted by OnlyOneBubbaMoses View Post
    If you are comparing Anderson to Mixon’s first season then maybe. Mixon had better top end speed. Anderson probably has more power though I’m not certain. Easy to forget how good Mixon was.

Joe Mixon is a much smoother RB than Anderson. I'd take Mixon in the open field over Rodney every time. Not that Rodney is not a very good back, but Joe's got the much better feet. That said, I couldn't be any more happy for and excited about how RA is showing out. I was one that said he was clearly behind Sermon and Adams early on, but he is proving that he is legit. Seems that ALL of our backs produce when given enough reps. I can honestly say I can't remember a time at OU (or anywhere else) where a team has had 3 different RB's DOMINATE a game for their team....during the same year. Where in one game player "A" gets all the work....then a few games later it's player "B" and then the next game it's player "C". Other than Adams (2 games) it's not been due to injury either...which makes it more bizarre. I just glad we have some proven depth. The position looks to be in great shape for the next few years!

Goes to show once again how quick we want to rush to judgement on some of these guys. So many here discounted any chance he had to make an impact here.

So often it just pays off to let the season play out instead of spouting off declarations a quarter of the season in.
    2 users like Pullhook's post: freedombird, SA OSO

Anderson is a beast. So glad he has stayed healthy this season. This offense wouldn't be as dominant with out him. His pass catching ability is HUGE!

Originally Posted by gratefulRed View Post
    Joe Mixon is a much smoother RB than Anderson. I'd take Mixon in the open field over Rodney every time. Not that Rodney is not a very good back, but Joe's got the much better feet. That said, I couldn't be any more happy for and excited about how RA is showing out. I was one that said he was clearly behind Sermon and Adams early on, but he is proving that he is legit. Seems that ALL of our backs produce when given enough reps. I can honestly say I can't remember a time at OU (or anywhere else) where a team has had 3 different RB's DOMINATE a game for their team....during the same year. Where in one game player "A" gets all the work....then a few games later it's player "B" and then the next game it's player "C". Other than Adams (2 games) it's not been due to injury either...which makes it more bizarre. I just glad we have some proven depth. The position looks to be in great shape for the next few years!
    I agree with you on a lot of those points.

At the beginning of the year, Rodney looked stiff in the hips to me and seemed to go down easily. He was actually reminding me a bit of Alex Ross, who I was never high on as a RB. I think Riley remarked on this a while back, but some of Rodney's misfortunes were likely a product of bad luck or timing. The runs he had early on, either the defense made a good play or the line didn't block well, etc. Plus, he hadn't played any meaningful football in a long time. Maybe he was still getting used to real game speed again.

So yeah, he isn't as smooth as Mixon, but he definitely has speed, explosiveness, strength, and the ability to make good cuts. It's easy to forget how big he is. He makes some really tough catches too. I'm super happy for him and he couldn't have come along at a better time.

I also don't think people should give up on the true freshman. That kid can be a force, too. I don't recall a true frosh being so hard to get to the ground. You think he's going down and he just sheds the tackle somehow. It's crazy. And that catch he made against OSU, wow that was nice. He has good hands for a big guy.

Really, the backs we have and could have coming in should have every Sooner fan STOKED. Tavion, another huge, strong RB. Pledger, a dynamic playmaker. McClellan, 2020 is a long time from now, but some say he's special. And if we can get Noah Cain for 2019?

Perhaps most importantly, these guys should have an elite line to run behind for years to come. Should be fun to watch...
    2 users like Sooner Showtime's post: andymancan20, sovasooner

Would take Anderson 10/10 times over Mixon.
    The following users like this post: nmgaucho

Originally Posted by Okie Dokie View Post
    Would take Anderson 10/10 times over Mixon.
    You need your head examined.
    3 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: gratefulRed, Spade1000, traxx