What’s up with Abdul Adams?

Posted 10 day(s) ago 4770 Views 131 Replies
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

What’s up with Abdul Adams?

Not to take anything away from Trey Sermon and Rodney Anderson, but why isn’t Abdul getting many more touched now? Our offense really functions well with him. Do you think he will get more carries?

No.
    The following users like this post: jakel

Not as long as we have RFA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    5 users like Coach's post: HartRod, jakel, jaxonya, JBret, RDC212

He’s got a case of the Rodney Anderson’s (and a very small issue holding on to the ball at times)
    6 users like Saul Good's post: andymancan20, h-townsooner, HolaKyle, Mongo, SoonerKA1999, Turk

Guy can't take care of the ball. Simple as that.

He seems to be on the quickest of yank lists.
    Would actually like to see a bit more of him since he can really stress the D with his speed. However at this point, with Anderson's power and pass catching ability, he's gonna have a hard time getting on the field.

What's actually more confusing to me is how LR has gotten away from Flowers. He is so dangerous out of the backfield and always seems to find seams in the D. He had one last week but his targets have been limited to say the least.
    4 users like Boomer6671's post: manateepower, No19Sooner, OkieforOU, StroudSooner

Might see more of him against Kansas.
    3 users like sheepdogs's post: laxtothemax12, SplitTD, Stein7495

He's got the ball squirts

Originally Posted by Boomer6671 View Post
    Would actually like to see a bit more of him since he can really stress the D with his speed. However at this point, with Anderson's power and pass catching ability, he's gonna have a hard time getting on the field.

What's actually more confusing to me is how LR has gotten away from Flowers. He is so dangerous out of the backfield and always seems to find seams in the D. He had one last week but his targets have been limited to say the least.
    Pretty sure tcu took him away
    6 users like Tough Guy's post: andymancan20, h-townsooner, HartRod, laxtothemax12, Longcrawler, Stein7495

Flowers is our off hand attack If Anderson Andrews and Lamb are getting it done no need to use flowers, He always gets his touch's in Big games's vs tOSU and OSU
    The following users like this post: HOTROD21

Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    Might see more of him against Kansas.
    Probably going to see more of a lot of people against Kansas. They all need to make the most of their opportunities.

Originally Posted by Tough Guy View Post
    Pretty sure tcu took him away
    That's a big reason why Anderson went off on them.
    2 users like CrimsonOberon's post: kilroydos, Stein7495

I think he's our ace in the hole. We want teams to forget about him.
    2 users like Boomer2797's post: Minimums, RDC212

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

As a red blooded American, I find it difficult to cheer for anybody named Abdul.
    8 users like SoCaliSooner's post: cbsooner, Doctor X, Hogarita, Mongo, OUrage, RedRiverBaron, RIDESHY, Streak86

He has ball security issues.

Well, last night on the read option, Adams held onto the ball as Mayfield tried to pull it back. Resulted in a fumble and Mayfield injuring his leg. That's really no different than the pass "near completion/fumble" from last week IMO....could have been catastrophic.

The decision belongs to the QB. The RB has to let the QB take the ball back. If they fight over it, they fumble, we lose. If the QB can't trust the RB or get in sync, the RB shouldn't be on the field. I think Adams' quickness would have been useful last night....he needs to earn the trust back.

But in all seriousness, why would we take Anderson out? He was the hot hand.

I thought Sermon would have done better last night against TCU and likely would have had more carries of Anderson wasn't killing it.
    The following users like this post: jakel

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    As a red blooded American, I find it difficult to cheer for anybody named Abdul.
    Asshat alert.

Riley is still showing he’s willing to let any of these guys go in and play, but Anderson is the best in pass pro, and Sermon isnt always quick enough. I DO think he should have spelled Anderson but TCU is really fast so Anderson just gave them more versatility. Adams will get on track next week

Get back to playing with your XBox.
    2 users like Tobias's post: blackfrancois, northspeter

You mean a brain dead American?

Everytime he comes in something bad happens like a turnover
    The following users like this post: Ibi unus Oklahomae

Likely he will move to another place for more playing time..he's a good back but runs afraid at time imo

Maybe Adams makes a key for us down the stretch, but as of yet nothing positive has come out of him seeing the field this season.

Adams was walking down the hall and overheard FUMS say, "I HATE AA!". Adams was confused and angry so he stormed off and was MIA for a couple of days. Long story short, LR sat down with Adams and explained that FUMS was just a drunk and he wasn't talking about him. They all had a good laugh.

Originally Posted by Beltdancer View Post
    Maybe Adams makes a key for us down the stretch, but as of yet nothing positive has come out of him seeing the field this season.
    Nothing? really? Apparently you missed some games.

Rodney Anderson is much better, Sermon is fine as a backup. Adams is 3rd string at this point. Then next season Tavion and Pledger come in. Unless Adams gets those fumbles under control, he'll be our next transfer to A & M.
    2 users like OU_On_My_Mind's post: Doctor X, ShreyK21

Originally Posted by OnlyOneBubbaMoses View Post
    Nothing? really? Apparently you missed some games.

I haven’t. I was just wondering will Abdul get the hot hand soon.

Originally Posted by ShreyK21 View Post
    I haven’t. I was just wondering will Abdul get the hot hand soon.
    2 users like Mazeppa's post: Adonijah_Aijalon, northspeter

Yeah, nothing good ever happens when he's in, right?

Really. Short memory, I guess.

I'm hoping Adams gets a chance to get warmed up against KU. Hasn't really gotten back into the groove since the ankle injury. Sermon hasn't done much lately, but at least he's hanging onto to ball (yes, I know he helped close out OSU). We need solid production behind Anderson and I think the talent is there.

Originally Posted by ShreyK21 View Post
    Not to take anything away from Trey Sermon and Rodney Anderson, but why isn’t Abdul getting many more touched now? Our offense really functions well with him. Do you think he will get more carries?
    Seriously?

It’s obvious

He is the Landry jones of running backs. Really good but makes idiotic mistakes and can’t hold onto the football

I remember just a few games into the season we all thought the running backs were ranked

1. Adams
    2. Sermon
    3. Sutton
    4. Anderson

My oh my, have things changed.

Originally Posted by MrQster View Post
    I remember just a few games into the season we all thought the running backs were ranked

1. Adams
    2. Sermon
    3. Sutton
    4. Anderson

My oh my, have things changed.
    I wonder how that list will look at the end of the season when we win the MNC.....could be the same or very different.

Adams is electric, maybe the read option fumble was due to lack of reps lately

Originally Posted by ToddCo99 View Post
    Seriously?

It’s obvious

He is the Landry jones of running backs. Really good but makes idiotic mistakes and can’t hold onto the football

Since you want to throw him under the bus, here's some stats to show how little you know:

This season:

Abdul Adams has 52 touches (47 rushes, 5 receptions). Of those touches, he has 1 fumble.

Fumbles this season:

Badet 25 touches (4 rushes, 21 receptions), 2 fumbles, 1 lost
    Adams 52 touches (47 rushes, 5 receptions) 1 fumble, 1 lost
    Andrews 43 touches (43 receptions) , 3 fumbles, 1 lost
    Castiglione 1 touch, 1 fumble, 1 lost
    M. Brown 40 touches (40 receptions), 1 fumble, 1 lost
    Sermon 112 touches (98 rushes, 14 receptions), 1 fumble, 1 lost
    Siebert 1 fumble, 1 lost
    Mayfield 2 fumbles, 0 lost

Maybe you should spend a little time researching before you make posts that make you look like the village idiot.
    5 users like RockHard's post: CherokeeFly, Homebrewed, laxtothemax12, OnlyOneBubbaMoses, RDC212

Last edited by RockHard; November 12th, 2017 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added touches to the stats.

Originally Posted by RockHard View Post
    Since you want to throw him under the bus, here's some stats to show how little you know:

This season:

Abdul Adams has 52 touches (47 rushes, 5 receptions). Of those touches, he has 1 fumble.

Fumbles this season:

Badet 2 fumbles, 1 lost
    Adams 1 fumble, 1 lost
    Andrews 3 fumbles, 1 lost
    Castiglione 1 fumble, 1 lost
    M. Brown 1 fumble, 1 lost
    Sermon 1 fumble, 1 lost
    Siebert 1 fumble, 1 lost

Maybe you should spend a little time researching before you make posts that make you look like the village idiot.
    Yesterday there was a zone read hand off between Mayfield and Adams that was fumbled. I think they credited the fumble to Mayfield, which was rightfully expected.

I think it was the last game there was a pass to Adams which he fumbled, but they did review it and determined it an incomplete pass.

Although none of those were credited to Adams, he was involved with both.
    2 users like MrQster's post: OUrage, StroudSooner

So not only are you an obnoxious contrarian, but you are also a racist.

If this isn't dripping with sarcasm, you are a ****ing idiot.

Originally Posted by Sooner_CJ View Post
    You mean a brain dead American?
    I don't know what's worse: the fact that he said that or the fact that five ****s liked that post.

Originally Posted by MrQster View Post
    Yesterday there was a zone read hand off between Mayfield and Adams that was fumbled. I think they credited the fumble to Mayfield, which was rightfully expected.

I think it was the last game there was a pass to Adams which he fumbled, but they did review it and determined it an incomplete pass.

Although none of those were credited to Adams, he was involved with both.
    Your argument has zero merit. Tell me how Adams is at fault for either of those, except that he, luckily, failed to catch the pass vs fOSU.

All Adams has done on the field is produce. 10.1 ypc. 15 yards per catch. The kid is a winner. The disdain for him in this thread is very unwarranted.
    3 users like RockHard's post: ESPN, EufaulaSooner, RDC212

We have an embarrassment of riches at the RB position.
    The following users like this post: SplitTD

This season:

Fumbles this season:

Badet 2 fumbles, 1 lost
    Adams 1 fumble, 1 lost
    Sermon 1 fumble, 1 lost
    Siebert 1 fumble, 1 lost

How many touches and fumbles does Anderson have? Also of all the guys you listed how many touches do they have each? if we're trying to determine whether Adams fumbles more or less given the amount of touches, then we need to know how many of the other people have too. my guess is most of those guys have more touches. Your data is incomplete.

Fumbles this season:

Badet 2 fumbles, 1 lost
    Adams 1 fumble, 1 lost
    Sermon 1 fumble, 1 lost
    Siebert 1 fumble, 1 lost
    That's not true!
    3 users like Mazeppa's post: laxtothemax12, RockHard, soonerguru

Much like folks wondering about Sermon, there is only one ball folks. RFA is distancing himself as the clear cut starter. Adams has been really good. Sermon has been really good.

RFA
    Adams\Sermon
    Sutton

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Your argument has zero merit. Tell me how Adams is at fault for either of those, except that he, luckily, failed to catch the pass vs fOSU.

All Adams has done on the field is produce. 10.1 ypc. 15 yards per catch. The kid is a winner. The disdain for him in this thread is very unwarranted.
    I actually like him. I just think that he is not getting the carries b/c of the coach's concerns about ball security. You noticed that he was pulled after both of those incidences. He was not seen much again afterwards.

I didn't think the fumble this past game was really on him. But there's no margin for error in that backfield. You don't even have to do anything wrong to disappear for three quarters, just be held to 4 ypc on a series when the other guy is ripping off 8. He'll be fine. Accelerates like Mixon and is shiftier than Anderson or Sermon. He'll continue to get work.
    The following users like this post: Velo Sooner

Get him some carries this week along with sermon. Let Anderson rest for the most part. Adams has just had some bad luck. See if he can get some confidence back.
    The following users like this post: chewyhux

Only a 99 yard from scrimmage TD run...longest in OU history...he was pretty much unstoppable until the injury...BOOMER!

Adams needs to relax just a hair. Nervous hands. Trying to do to much. Reminds me of me at 17 with a more experienced 19 year old girl. I had never been around the block. The street was named after her. I fumbled a lot! She told me to relax and push the clasp together. TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2 users like Rockgod's post: jccouger, SplitTD

Originally Posted by Lout View Post
    How many touches and fumbles does Anderson have? Also of all the guys you listed how many touches do they have each? if we're trying to determine whether Adams fumbles more or less given the amount of touches, then we need to know how many of the other people have too. my guess is most of those guys have more touches. Your data is incomplete.
    I have added touches. Of the players with fumbles, only Sermon and Baker have more touches.