Rucking

Posted 7 day(s) ago 532 Views 14 Replies

Rucking

I know there are quite a few vets on the board.

Has anyone continued rucking once you got out of the military? I’ve recently started rucking again and am looking to start doing some GoRuck events throughout Florida. I’ve also committed to doing 13.1 miles for the Green Beret Foundation (GBF)...

Anyone been doing some of these events or plan to do any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruck no
    The following users like this post: kingswitz

Wtr?

Not sure what these events are, but sounds like they could be a real Mother Rucker.

rucking: put some weight in your backpack and go for a walk with friends.

sounds fun. hiking up a mountain is better. but i prefer biking.

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Ruck no
    So this isn’t a Chinese sex thread?
    4 users like kingswitz's post: BoomerSooner2578, Clark W. Griswold, Greek Sooner, p23570

The only thing that sounds better than rucking is not ever rucking.

" Want to go have a blast ? Let's load back packs with rocks and take off running"

" No thanks I'll just sit here and drink a beer".
    The following users like this post: Petro-Sooner

Thought this was sex whilst rowing

Loved the GoRuck Light I️ participated in a few years back but their prices have since gone through the roof. They priced me out of the market. Much like Spartan Race and Tough Mudder did.

Originally Posted by odin's beard View Post
    Loved the GoRuck Light I️ participated in a few years back but their prices have since gone through the roof. They priced me out of the market. Much like Spartan Race and Tough Mudder did.
    I think the lights run around $35 if you sign up early enough.

I just bought one of their packs (the Rucker) for $75 off and still got my veteran discount as well. On top of that, I got a coupon code for a free light event. It was a damn good deal considering their packs are expensive...

My light was waaay more than that and the last time I️ checked out a Tough it was over $175 and that was a ways out. Discount codes and flash sales are the way to go if you can snag them. I️ usually register for my races early enough to get the cheapest price but haven’t been lucky enough with the GoRucks.

Originally Posted by tennsooner View Post
    " Want to go have a blast ? Let's load back packs with rocks and take off running"
    Isn't that how that dude in Monkey Shines ended up in a wheel chair with a monkey helper that tries to kill him. NO thank you.

I humped a ruck sack for 3 years. Jumped it 30-something times in a WIE bag too. Was an RTO/FO carrying an old PRC-77 and some spare batteries, C-Rats, ammo, etc. For the love of anything holy or evil, why in the **** would I want to put on a ruck sack for shits and giggles and go hump a mountain? Y'all are nuts.

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    I humped a ruck sack for 3 years. Jumped it 30-something times in a WIE bag too. Was an RTO/FO carrying an old PRC-77 and some spare batteries, C-Rats, ammo, etc. For the love of anything holy or evil, why in the **** would I want to put on a ruck sack for shits and giggles and go hump a mountain? Y'all are nuts.
    Lol, I get you for sure. I think maybe it’s the nostalgia and camaraderie of it all...

I’d like to train for a heavy event. They span for 24+ hours and 40+ miles...