Oklahoma- You're Better than This

Posted 7 day(s) ago 14567 Views 474 Replies
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3

Oklahoma- You're Better than This

As a fanbase, you know good football when you see it. You aren't Oregon fans or Mizzou or Aggies. You know football.

So why do you watch Georgia games and youtube breakdowns and automatically determine that you're going to roll?

You see the potential mismatches on offense and defense that favor Georgia.

From a personnel perspective, the teams are built differently, naturally. Georgia is built to swim in their side of the pond, and Oklahoma is built to swim in the other side of the pond.

You must admit that Kirby has UGA's defense humming at an elite clip. Georgia's linebackers are faster than most corners you've faced this year. Georgia's defensive linemen are faster than most linebackers you've seen this year.

Does that shut down Mayfield? No.
    Does that make a difference in how Mayfield performs? Yes.

Regarding Georgia's offense vs OU's Defense....Later we can talk about how Riley plans to handle a three-TE set (two 4* and a 5*)with two 5* running backs in a power I, with Jake Fromm under center (another 5*). But that's another topic perhaps.

2 users like Chef Roquan's post: ESPN, lauderdaleOU

Last edited by Chef Roquan; December 5th, 2017 at 11:13 PM. Reason: adding avatar as a signature manually until server is fixed

Have you perused the Georgia boards in the last few days? The same things you’re griping about here are being said there as well. Or are Georgia fans not “better than this”?
    Last edited by Widescreen; December 5th, 2017 at 11:37 PM.

Originally Posted by Chef Roquan View Post
    As a fanbase, you know good football when you see it. You aren't Oregon fans or Mizzou or Aggies. You know football.

So why do you watch Georgia games and youtube breakdowns and automatically determine that you're going to roll?

From a personnel perspective, the teams are built differently, naturally. Georgia is built to swim in their side of the pond, and Oklahoma is built to swim in the other side of the pond.

You must admit that Kirby has UGA's defense humming at an elite clip. Georgia's linebackers are faster than most corners you've faced this year. Georgia's defensive linemen are faster than most linebackers you've seen this year.

Regarding Georgia's offense vs OU's Defense....Later we can talk about how Riley plans to handle a three-TE set (two 4* and a 5*)with two 5* running backs in a power I, with Jake Fromm under center (another 5*). But that's another topic perhaps.

Here we go with this SEC athlete bullshit again. Bro your LB/DL are not faster than any other team we played. LB/DLs don't magically start running 4.3s just because they're at Georgia or any other SEC school. TCU has better athletes in almost every position on their defense, outside maybe MLB. The stats prove it. Additionally, Ohio St has a way more talented front 7. Again the stats prove it. You guys have a good defense but you're stupid if you can't see that you played terribke offenses all year, including 6 that finished outside of the top 100 in total def.

We've covered that we hear that same shit from every SEC team we've faced through the years. You guys come in here touting your immovable defense and unstoppable run game. When game time rolls around and all that shit goes out the window. Also ask Bama and Ohio St about how we handled all those 5 stars

Maybe we see how we match up against whom many thought was the best team in the country in Bama in 14 and the second best in the sec last year in Auburn. Neither could stop us and the D was much improved last year against the top sec rusher. We may not like how our D works against some b12 teams but we've fair pretty well recently out of conference....and no offense to whom ever picks the best OLine in the country but there is a reason Bake has all day to find his man and our main rb has out rushed everybody for the last half of the year after getting eased back in after a neck injury...and the 2nd best rusher is a true fresh with similar numbers. Georgia's DL will have their hands full
    The following users like this post: Mongo

Yeah your linebackers and DL are faster than the corners and linebackers that have to defend spread offenses week in and week out. I'm sure.

What is the status of your linebacker with his 3rd marijuana offense and per your rules should be kicked out of school?
    3 users like qaz's post: CrimsonCream'n'Nutz, HolaKyle, Mongo

Originally Posted by Will I Am Not View Post
    TCU has better athletes in almost every position on their defense, outside maybe MLB. The stats prove it. Additionally, Ohio St has a way more talented front 7. Again the stats prove it.

You're better than this.

Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    What is the status of your linebacker with his 3rd marijuana offense and per your rules should be kicked out of school?
    Whoa! Slow down... we don’t know all the details yet. Might not until February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasn't his weed, he was a passenger in the car. Per GA law, everyone gets charged until someone fesses up. He'll be there. He's also our fourth best linebacker. And because he was already out four games this year, his backup has plenty of reps and played very well. Don't you worry your pretty little head about it.

Who says we are going to roll? Most predictions I've seen on here are 7-14 point wins. Thats a close game.

Not sure what you mean here. I really hope you aren't talking about UGA running O vs OU passing O.

Yea, bullshit. Unless your LB are actually corners and your DL are actually LBs (Smith is actually DB size, so I guess you could be right there). But tOSU has some pretty good D players. Texas has a first round LB and a pretty damn good DB. TCU has really good D players (I'll have to watch more UGA to see how fast they are).

But forgive us if we dont buy into the "SEC Speed" myth. We've been told that several times and its never really held water. I could tell you that you haven't seen two WRs faster than Badet and Brown this year, but I'm sure you'd laugh at me.

Sorry if we dont care how many stars your guys have. Our walk on QB is fixing to win the Heisman, so recruiting smack isn't impressive to us.

Not to mention, Riley isn't the DC, so.....

Maybe we see how we match up against whom many thought was the best team in the country in Bama in 14 and the second best in the sec last year in Auburn. Neither could stop us and the D was much improved last year against the top sec rusher. We may not like how our D works against some b12 teams but we've fair pretty well recently out of conference....and no offense to whom ever picks the best OLine in the country but there is a reason Bake has all day to find his man and our main rb has out rushed everybody for the last half of the year after getting eased back in after a neck injury...and the 2nd best rusher is a true fresh with similar numbers. Georgia's DL will have their hands full
    Forget B12 or B1G or whatever the hell it is, and I'm not talking about SEC. I'm not talking about conference vs conference. I'm talking about team vs team.

It wasn't his weed, he was a passenger in the car. Per GA law, everyone gets charged until someone fesses up. He'll be there. He's also our fourth best linebacker. And because he was already out four games this year, his backup has plenty of reps and played very well. Don't you worry your pretty little head about it.
    Typical sec sweep it under the rug nothing to see here lol

Shit like this makes me wish we was playing Bama or Ohio St. At least I respect them enough to put up with their trash talk. They've earned it. This Georgia team hasn't did shit in 30 years and now they think they're some big shit. It's ok though. Once this game is over, we won't have to worry about them again. They'll go back to being Auburn and Bama's **** and playing in the Liberty or Belk Bowl for the next 15 years or so

Regarding your last sentence...What the **** do you think the OU defense see's every day in practice..??
    2 users like Breadburner's post: eyeballjr, SoonerVikeThunder

Forget B12 or B1G or whatever the hell it is, and I'm not talking about SEC. I'm not talking about conference vs conference. I'm talking about team vs team.
    Post #2 too uncomfortable for you to address, I guess?

Originally Posted by SpillerTime View Post
    You ****s are lucky that you get to thump Georgia. Wish we got them first.
    Climpsin wants to be in the SEC so bad. They even stole all of their schticks from Auburn.

o k...good luck

LOL you got names about me haha...good we want your best chasing our guys

LOL
    Originally Posted by ClassicCityDawg View Post
    Whoa! Slow down... we don’t know all the details yet. Might not until February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 users like qaz's post: Adonijah_Aijalon, jccouger, MarkStoops

Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    Have you perused the Georgia boards in the last few days? The same things you’re griping about here are being said there as well. Or are Georgia fans not “better than this”?

Can you give me some examples that are relevant to the OP? I don't think you can. All Georgia fans are concerned about OU's strengths, but OU fans seem to feel Georgia has no strengths because the SEC East sucks and blah blah blah.

We're better than this.

OU fans aren't.
    The following users like this post: MarkStoops

That sounds so much like "We don't need Snoop Minnis. The guys behind him are twice as good anyway". We've heard all this nonsense before.
    2 users like Widescreen's post: Mongo, Recruiting Nut

As a new member, I read the rules. The rules say you can't make fun of homosexuality. Therefore, I'm requesting admin on you.
    4 users like Chef Roquan's post: Balko, laxtothemax12, outrey, Slytherin

Considering Ohio State has had better recruiting classes than you, I doubt Georgia's linebackers or defensive lineman are any faster than theirs.

SEC defenses are built to stop the run. Unfortunately for you guys, we have no problem going 4 wide and moving the ball through the air.
    Our defense is built to stop the pass. You guys are good at running the football. So advantage goes to your team.
    Based on the above I'm expecting a high scoring game.

Two of our lineman made the All Big-12 First Team with one of them as a sure fire future top 10 NFL draft pick. Another two made the All Big-12 Second Team. Our boys can handle your lineman and linebackers in the trenches just fine. You're going to have to find a better argument to winning because it's not going to come from slowing down our offense.
    2 users like S00NER4LIFE's post: BobStoopsGinger, Mongo

Well you know..... it is like..... our board...... so you could always...... you know..... GTFO! If you don’t like it.

You're better than this.
    Are you kidding? Do know not understand stats? TCU and Ohio St blows you guys away in sacks and tfl. They are also right behind you in total defense and scoring defense even tho they played significantly better offenses. They have better red zone and 3rd down defense than you guys. Again, you guys have a solid defense but give me a break, it's not otherworldly. It's shit like this that makes us have no respect for you. Half of you act like you've never watched a college football game before.

"That's bold talk for a one eyed fat man!"

You're going to say this is bullshit but hear me out. Outside of a few select schools (OU is actually one of them), every top recruit in the country has an SEC school on their potential commitment list. I mean look at the NFL draft numbers by conference over the years. There's no question that the majority of "the best" come to play in the SEC.

So you've got these kids...4 stars and 5 stars filling most good SEC rosters...and they commit to these SEC schools. They often come from winning HS programs. They are uniquely "winners" at age 18. They make a big to-do of their commitment....they've got videos, witty Twitter messages, ESPN coverage, etc. They come to these schools expecting win national championships, not the ****ing Outback Bowl. Believe it or not, many just look at these non-playoff bowls as nothing more than free vacations. The season is over, they aren't playing for anything important.

So, yes, you can point to all these meaningless bowl games and talk about how the BigXII dominated or the B1G dominated the SEC but, really, these SEC kids couldn't give two shits about a shitty bowl win. Meanwhile, the other power 5 conferences are full of 2 and 3* star players who never expected to win shit. They were recruited as mediocre players and, in return, appreciate mediocrity. A bowl game is HUGE to these sorts of recruits. They'll never make it to the NFL so these b.s. bowl games are essentially the highlights of their collegiate careers. So yeah, OU beat Bama in '13. Do you think those Bama players worry more about a loss to OU in the '14 Sugar Bowl or about a loss in '16 to Clemson in the ****ing National Championship game?

Expectations are different for the elite SEC teams, for both players and fans.
    The following users like this post: soonergrad

We're better than this.

OU fans aren't.
    You need to take your lithium. Just a few posts ago, Oklahoma was better than this. Now Oklahoma isn't. You have a dizzying intellect. And given that Georgia fans are making statements about rolling OU without any trouble, it doesn't seem like they are better than this. Whatever "this" is.
    3 users like Widescreen's post: adrianhill01, chris9996, Milehisooner

Can you give me some examples that are relevant to the OP? I don't think you can. All Georgia fans are concerned about OU's strengths, but OU fans seem to feel Georgia has no strengths because the SEC East sucks and blah blah blah.

We're better than this.

OU fans aren't.

Many on here have acknowledged the strengths of your team, thinking it will be a good game and test for our team that hopefully we come out on top of. Do you just not pay attention?

Originally Posted by S00NER4LIFE View Post
    Considering Ohio State has had better recruiting classes than you, I doubt Georgia's linebackers or defensive lineman are any faster than theirs.

Jesus H christ..... I'm trying to compare team vs team and yall keep trying to connect dots with the transitive property, like I said in OP, I thought yall were better than this.

You have just proven you are a second tier Oklahoma fan. The intelligent OU fans know better than to compare Oh St to Georgia.
    The following users like this post: mmmmmbeeer

Originally Posted by mmmmmbeeer View Post
    You're going to say this is bullshit but hear me out. Outside of a few select schools (OU is actually one of them), every top recruit in the country has an SEC school on their potential commitment list. I mean look at the NFL draft numbers by conference over the years. There's no question that the majority of "the best" come to play in the SEC.

So you've got these kids...4 stars and 5 stars filling most good SEC rosters...and they commit to these SEC schools. They often come from winning HS programs. They are uniquely "winners" at age 18. They make a big to-do of their commitment....they've got videos, witty Twitter messages, ESPN coverage, etc. They come to these schools expecting win national championships, not the ****ing Outback Bowl. Believe it or not, many just look at these non-playoff bowls as nothing more than free vacations. The season is over, they aren't playing for anything important.

So, yes, you can point to all these meaningless bowl games and talk about how the BigXII dominated or the B1G dominated the SEC but, really, these SEC kids couldn't give two shits about a shitty bowl win. Meanwhile, the other power 5 conferences are full of 2 and 3* star players who never expected to win shit. They were recruited as mediocre players and, in return, appreciate mediocrity. A bowl game is HUGE to these sorts of recruits. They'll never make it to the NFL so these b.s. bowl games are essentially the highlights of their collegiate careers. So yeah, OU beat Bama in '13. Do you think those Bama players worry more about a loss to OU in the '14 Sugar Bowl or about a loss in '16 to Clemson in the ****ing National Championship game?

You Georgia people sure type a lot to say nothing. Never seen such long posts that just goes round and round. Why not just get to the point, we're not getting any younger.
    Last edited by Mazeppa; December 6th, 2017 at 12:18 AM.

There it is! The stupidest ****ing thing I've ever read

At Georgia trolls with quality
    The following users like this post: adrianhill01

Originally Posted by Will I Am Not View Post
    Are you kidding? Do know not understand stats? TCU and Ohio St blows you guys away in sacks and tfl. They are also right behind you in total defense and scoring defense even tho they played significantly better offenses. They have better red zone and 3rd down defense than you guys. Again, you guys have a solid defense but give me a break, it's not otherworldly. It's shit like this that makes us have no respect for you. Half of you act like you've never watched a college football game before.
    Stats are meaningless at this level of competition. I thought you were better than this.

That's funny. Please post it again in a couple of days.
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger

I call bullshit...before each of those games the teams made a big deal about wanting to put OU in their place. Bob Stoops upset the SEC by calling them out. Bama was playing us hard until we hit them in the mouth and they realized they might actually have to earn a win...ask Striker how that worked out. Last year all we heard was how great Auburn was. They had the best D in the sec blah blah blah and the top rusher. They called a timeout with 4 seconds left just so they can score from the one against our scubs to make it not look so bad. There is no debating the sec gets good recruits but they just haven't faired well against us and until they do......#crotchgrab

One of these days you'll have an elite team and you can have those expectations.

Then go team v. team.
    On O, your not going to outscheme us. The only way to stop it would be to out talent us. This O has alot of speed and major talent (esp on the oline). Your linebackers may be great (Roquan for example), yet Riley neutralizes that by making them play a step slower due to destroying their keys. If the offense isn't scoring it's because of us making silly mistakes (tOSU or Iowa St.).
    On D, We're loading up the box. Expect us to roll out a similar scheme to Auburn last year. You'll probably get on a roll early due to us settling in to a different type of offense (think us vs Tulane), but after a few series Fromm will be forced to throw downfield and hit those passes otherwise your running into an eight man front.

The keys to the game (in general and specific) for OU:
    Limit your time of possession (and make this more of a shootout type of game).
    Turnovers
    3rd downs
    Stay in the 4 man front and keep in press man. Force Fromm to beat us with his downfield accuracy.
    Redzone efficiency (both O and D)

For the Dawgs:
    Turnovers
    3rd downs
    Grind the game down (limit possessions)
    Hit downfield passes
    Redzone efficiency (both O and D)
    Make OU play a clean game.
    2 users like Silentsniper1516's post: Doctor X, EatLeadCommie

You have just proven you are a second tier Oklahoma fan. The intelligent OU fans know better than to compare Oh St to Georgia.
    I'm going to guess you are a sock for one of our posters.

Jesus H christ..... I'm trying to compare team vs team and yall keep trying to connect dots with the transitive property, like I said in OP, I thought yall were better than this.

Georgia's linebackers are faster than most corners you've faced this year. Georgia's defensive linemen are faster than most linebackers you've seen this year.
    You're the one that started comparing your team to teams we faced...
    7 users like S00NER4LIFE's post: BigC, DrBrizzle, h-townsooner, Mongo, nomad, qaz, Widescreen

NC

Stats are meaningless at this level of competition. I thought you were better than this.
    Oh ****, I see you're clearly retarded. Im done with you.
    3 users like Will I Am Not's post: BobStoopsGinger, CrimsonCream'n'Nutz, h-townsooner

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Racetrack... It's what OU is going to do to Georgia.

/Thread
    The following users like this post: SA OSO

JThe intelligent OU fans know better than to compare Oh St to Georgia.
    Man, was their schedule that weak this year that they have to point to an extremely overrated tOSU team as their nearest comparison to UGA?

tOSU was ass this season. They were ass last season, as proven by their performance in the CFP. JT Barrett is the most overrated QB in div1 football. Georgia is NOT tOSU.

I guess the question is just how much better than Ohio State's defensive personnel you believe yours to be. Before answering, keep in mind OU drove into their territory every possession of the first half and bumbled to 3 whole points. Will Kirby be so fortunate at a neutral site?

The layoff favors defenses. We're familiar with that here. I don't expect to jump out to a three-score lead like OU just did on the #2 rushing defense. I see a game flow like the Sugar Bowl last year--both offenses are fighting for every yard early, but Riley finds the weaknesses and a ground-based offense makes mistakes trying to catch up.

Edit: I see that the visitors don't like the tOSU comparison. Maybe the Auburn D, much the same as it was back in the Sugar Bowl in January, is a better one? Regardless, since this line grew up in the middle of the 2016 season post-Ohio State, no defense has had a shred of luck, including three very highly ranked ones. UGA isn't special, just had to get it right the second time against a 3-loss team that's about to be wrecked by Directional Florida.