Georgetown Hoyas Resurrection Thread

Posted 6 day(s) ago 320 Views 20 Replies

Georgetown Hoyas Resurrection Thread

Love my Hoyas!

Awesome place to watch a game.

Seriously declined over the years, but now have the oft bypassed Coach Patrick Ewing at the helm!

6-0 baby!

2 users like TheBoots's post: SoonerTSS, soonervegas

Originally Posted by ThreeHatBilly View Post
    What's a hoya?
    Many years ago, when all Georgetown students were required to study Greek and Latin, the University's teams were nicknamed "The Stonewalls." It is suggested that a student, using Greek and Latin terms, started the cheer "Hoya Saxa!", which translates into "What Rocks!" The name proved popular and the term "Hoyas" was eventually adopted for all Georgetown teams
    The following users like this post: kopp0e

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    Love my Hoyas!

Seriously declined over the years, but now have the oft bypassed Coach Patrick Ewing at the helm!

6-0 baby!

You do realize they’ve played high school equivalent teams in terms of talent. Their schedule has been so bad, that’s it’s 6 points worse than the worst schedule last year. It’s not something to be very happy about.
    The following users like this post: whiskeytangofoxtrot

Originally Posted by chsguy2013 View Post
    You do realize they’ve played high school equivalent teams in terms of talent. Their schedule has been so bad, that’s it’s 6 points worse than the worst schedule last year. It’s not something to be very happy about.
    PF and PA are 2nd in conference in line with thier standing, so we will see.

Not announcing we are our way to a Natty this year, but shouldn't a Jayhawk getting waxed by Washington be focused elsewhere ?

Hater.

My wife just got accepted to Georgetown for her masters program, so I'll start rooting for them.

Originally Posted by Augusta View Post
    My wife just got accepted to Georgetown for her masters program, so I'll start rooting for them.
    Sweet!

I lived across the Key Bridge from Georgetown for quite some time. Didnt have the kaisch to live there.

You can PM me for recommendations stemming from the park, to Georgetown bagels, all the way to Sunday tea at the 4 Seasons.

One of my favorite places on the planet

Tell her congrats and Go Hoyas!

**** Georgetown. Most overrated basketball program year in and year out.

Originally Posted by whiskeytangofoxtrot View Post
    **** Georgetown. Most overrated basketball program...
    a national title, five final fours, nine elite-eights ...

if you were to put an all-time big-east tournament team together, allen iverson and patrick ewing would be pretty good choices.

hard to say they're "the most overrated." sounds more like Jealousy, ignorance, or you're just seeking attention.
    The following users like this post: kopp0e

PF and PA are 2nd in conference in line with thier standing, so we will see.

Not announcing we are our way to a Natty this year, but shouldn't a Jayhawk getting waxed by Washington be focused elsewhere ?

Hater.
    Beating Richmond by 6 at home is Georgetown’s best win. Richmond is ranked 212 in kenpom. Georgetown's Schedule is ranked 351st out of 351 teams.

Georgetown’s wins:
    326 Jacksonville
    293 mt saint mary’s
    343 Maryland eastern shore
    212 Richmond
    333 Maine
    347 Coppin St

Their next opponent: 340 Howard and then 329 North Carolina AT&T. Then they finally face a team worth something in Syracuse.

Love my Hoyas!

6-0 baby!

Why are you a Hoyas fan. Seems random but I'm sure there is a back story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beating Richmond by 6 at home is Georgetown’s best win. Richmond is ranked 212 in kenpom. Georgetown's Schedule is ranked 351st out of 351 teams.

Georgetown’s wins:
    326 Jacksonville
    293 mt saint mary’s
    343 Maryland eastern shore
    212 Richmond
    333 Maine
    347 Coppin St

Their next opponent: 340 Howard and then 329 North Carolina AT&T. Then they finally face a team worth something in Syracuse.
    So wins and losses don't count.

Sounds like the fan of a team that just lost.

Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Why are you a Hoyas fan. Seems random but I'm sure there is a back story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Liked them when I was younger and then when I lived in DC, I lived in the Rosslyn, Virginia area, just a walk across the Key Bridge. The whole Foggy Bottom Georgetown area of DC is awesome, and that campus in particular is just the best.

He was a damn good coach, but John Thompson was an a-hole. Never liked G'Town because of him.

A) wins and losses count, but beating the school of blind doesn’t really mean much, let alone resurrection

b) I’m not a KU basketball fan. I root for their football team, I dislike their basketball team mainly due to their fans. They’re insufferable, somewhat like some OU football only fans. They decided to follow basketball only because they’re not true fans.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

A) wins and losses count, but beating the school of blind doesn’t really mean much, let alone resurrection

b) I’m not a KU basketball fan. I root for their football team, I dislike their basketball team mainly due to their fans. They’re insufferable, somewhat like some OU football only fans. They decided to follow basketball only because they’re not true fans.
    1. GTown has been shit for decades
    2. New coach was greatest player alum
    3. Fanbase is excited
    4. Start off 6-0

Sorry we are happy.
    2 users like TheBoots's post: blackfrancois, SoonerTSS

1. GTown has been shit for decades
    2. New coach was greatest player alum
    3. Fanbase is excited
    4. Start off 6-0

Sorry we are happy.
    I'm with you. Moved to DC area (Springfield, VA) during the Ewing years and those teams are how I started following college basketball. We didn't have cable in the area we lived so I was limited to local broadcasts only and watched a lot of Georgetown games. While OU is always my top team I root for the Hoyas in basketball second. Would love to see them be good again.

Something you can relate to.

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    a national title, five final fours, nine elite-eights ...

if you were to put an all-time big-east tournament team together, allen iverson and patrick ewing would be pretty good choices.

hard to say they're "the most overrated." sounds more like Jealousy, ignorance, or you're just seeking attention.
    One FF was in 1943. They made three in the 80's and have the same number of NC as Villanova in that decade. Enjoy dining on that 30 some year old meal.

**** Georgetown. Nobody likes them.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    **** Georgetown. Nobody likes them.
    The following users like this post: meandmybutt