Mike Stoops gone? Please be true!!!

Posted 22 day(s) ago by landrun175444 Views 2694 Replies
Results 2,651 to 2,695 of 2695
Page 54 of 54 4 44 52 53 54
    Originally Posted by Sooner5030 View Post
    So which is a better investment for us disgruntled fans?

-plane(s) with banner(s)
    -pitchforks and torches
    -private investigator to find some #metoo stuff
    Mike already ****s coeds, hell maybe even some of yalls daughters, which is probably part of the reason he won't step down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by MoStateSooner View Post
    Mike already ****s coeds, hell maybe even some of yalls daughters, which is probably part of the reason he won't step down.

As DC.....Mike Stoops has made sure all Sooner fans are ****ed
    3 users like 2121sooner's post: Bear_Jew, boomboomroom, MyT Oklahoma

Originally Posted by Silentsniper1516 View Post
    Bama plays less possessions, even with defensive scores, because they (and nearly every team in that conference) chews major clock. In passing offenses, the clock stops every single incompletion as opposed to to a running offense where the clock almost never stops.
    Who the fck cares??? There was a direct comparison in the Rose Bowl this year. And guess what happened?

Who the fck cares??? There was a direct comparison in the Rose Bowl this year. And guess what happened?

We blew a lead and the game went into double OT?
    2 users like Silentsniper1516's post: MyT Oklahoma, Soonerprincess

Man I sure hope Lincoln knows what he’s doing. Losing Cale and keeping Mike is going to absolutely piss off this fan base. I personally think Mike is done after signing day. Sure hope we can keep Cale.
    The following users like this post: Sooner Nation

So **** me, Gundy hits the road for Sumlin and Arizona and Mike Stoops is still here.

We blew a lead and the game went into double OT?
    You're talking about those offenses playing ball control to help their defenses. They didn't even have to play ball control. They ran right through OU, and their defense punked Baker Mayfield in the second half too.

So tired of people making excuses for Mike Stoops. **** that guy.

5 users like MoStateSooner's post: manateepower, MyT Oklahoma, OUrage, Sooner5030, This Is War

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...klahomaSooners

Even Superman is tired of hearing all of your SHIT!

Originally Posted by EMAN View Post

I just can’t buy what Roy is selling. The problems have gone on for far too long now. Not to mention the schemes are trash. Do we really need to post the drop eight pictures, Obo and Striker dropping off in coverage or a running back calling an audible just so he can jog right past our unbalanced formation like we were ****ing Kansas?
    5 users like 49cent's post: JR’s BBQ, MyT Oklahoma, SECsooner, soonercoop1, tennsooner

Defensive changes are coming relax
    3 users like MOJO_ERASER's post: Silentsniper1516, Soonerprincess, Straz1999

I admit Mike was good back then against traditional defenses. He has gone down hill the last couple of years. Roy Williams is just being loyal to his old coach.
    2 users like MrQster's post: SECsooner, tennsooner

You're talking about those offenses playing ball control to help their defenses. They didn't even have to play ball control. They ran right through OU, and their defense punked Baker Mayfield in the second half too.

So tired of people making excuses for Mike Stoops. **** that guy.

You're talking as if we got blown out. Each style has their advantage/disadvantage. Fact: OU is not close to Georgia in blue chip ratio. Mike Stoops is indeed awful, but with a few made plays on either side of the ball, we are here talking about a great OU win, so miss me with whatever tangent you're on.

Where is landrun? He needs his ****in ass kicked for starting this piece of shit thread! Where ya at big boy?
    The following users like this post: Soonerprincess

You're talking as if we got blown out. Each style has their advantage/disadvantage. Fact: OU is not close to Georgia in blue chip ratio. Mike Stoops is indeed awful, but with a few made plays on either side of the ball, we are here talking about a great OU win, so miss me with whatever tangent you're on.
    While I agree with most of your post. UGA was at 52% this past year in the BCR. OU will be within the BCR as well this coming season, finally. We were 3% away from being in it and this recruiting class fixes the BCR issue. Although I would like to see our percentage continue to rise.

If OU had beat Georgia and then beat Alabama we would all be on cloud 9 and the OU defense would still suck and need a new DC.

Originally Posted by Dr Sleep View Post
    If OU had beat Georgia and then beat Alabama we would all be on cloud 9 and the OU defense would still suck and need a new DC.
    Agree. Only relatives, close friends, or rivals would try to defend Mike
    4 users like m40's post: manateepower, SECsooner, tennsooner, This Is War

Originally Posted by SoonerHawk View Post
    While I agree with most of your post. UGA was at 52% this past year in the BCR. OU will be within the BCR as well this coming season, finally. We were 3% away from being in it and this recruiting class fixes the BCR issue. Although I would like to see our percentage continue to rise.
    I thought they were higher. I must've saw Bama's # and thought they were close.

Originally Posted by Dr Sleep View Post
    Mike Stoops is bad, but there's only so much I can say, "Mike Stoops needs to go" before we all get burnt out until any real changes happen.

It took him how long to get his degree?
    The following users like this post: tennsooner

The burnout comes from getting torched on defense each Saturday in the fall because this broken down sack of shit disguised as a football coach, who only has a job at OU because his name is Stoops, continues to hold this program hostage because he can't find a job elsewhere. The vitriol for Fredo Stoops is long from over. Here's an idea: don't open threads that might inspire your burnout.

Rationalization ain't just a river in Egypt.
    2 users like This Is War's post: mightysooner, MyT Oklahoma

Our scheme is very similar to that of a lot of NFL teams including the Patriots. Maybe we don't coach it right or maybe we don't have the players. I think it's a combination of both.

Originally Posted by Soonershocker View Post
    Our scheme is very similar to that of a lot of NFL teams including the Patriots. Maybe we don't coach it right or maybe we don't have the players. I think it's a combination of both.
    We switch a lot of things week to week to try to counter specifically what the opposing team is trying to do. It is why freshmen LBs do worse in our scheme than others. Also, because of what we switch, it can lead to confusion and busts.
    The following users like this post: Soonerprincess

So Roy basically says he's sat in on meetings and asked WTF with guys being out of position. Insinuating it's all on the players.
    Earth to Roy. Mike recruited and coached all those players. So what's the deal? Is Mike making the D too complex? Is he recruiting stupid players? Is he failing to properly teach players their reads and assignments?
    Doesn't really matter. These are ALL his responsibilities for which he has failed miserably.

So I really don't give a shit what TRRW has to say. At all.
    Mike is a Fg putz who's pic should in a police blotter every week because he's flat out stealing from OU.

Originally Posted by Boomer6671 View Post
    So Roy basically says he's sat in on meetings and asked WTF with guys being out of position. Insinuating it's all on the players.
    Earth to Roy. Mike recruited and coached all those players. So what's the deal? Is Mike making the D too complex? Is he recruiting stupid players? Is he failing to properly teach players their reads and assignments?
    Doesn't really matter. These are ALL his responsibilities for which he has failed miserably.

Mike is a Fg putz who's pic should in a police blotter every week because he's flat out stealing from OU.
    Bingo
    2 users like SoonerPT's post: OU_On_My_Mind, Soonerprincess

Tell you what... if Mike manages to recruit a couple linebackers who are as good as Calmus/Lehman and a DB as good as Roy, we'll all agree to shut the hell up about him leaving. Deal?

Originally Posted by Doctor X View Post
    Tell you what... if Mike manages to recruit a couple linebackers who are as good as Calmus/Lehman and a DB as good as Roy, we'll all agree to shut the hell up about him leaving. Deal?
    Umm not if we're still giving up the ass.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk
    4 users like Adonijah_Aijalon's post: Doctor X, JKSooner, MyT Oklahoma, thatsoonerfan89

Originally Posted by Doctor X View Post
    We don't recruit white dudes anymore, where you been?

Originally Posted by SoonerPT View Post
    We don't recruit white dudes anymore, where you been?
    Blake Griffin and Trea Young disagree

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Blake Griffin and Trea Young disagree
    I would take Blake in a heartbeat at LB'er, Trea not so much.

Originally Posted by Boomer6671 View Post

This is all you need to read in that article to dismiss it wholesale

"I love Coach Stoops, he's my guy,” says Williams. "
    5 users like mightysooner's post: Boomer6671, Cloudy, DirtySouth_Sooner, manateepower, SECsooner

Originally Posted by MOJO_ERASER View Post
    Don't believe you.

The following users like this post: thatsoonerfan89

Originally Posted by williemayshayes View Post
    It’s January 22nd and Mike Stoops is still employed by OU.

Shit be getting old yo.
    You're computer will run out of ink before I'm outta here.

Wax On, Wax Off.

Originally Posted by williemayshayes View Post
    It’s January 22nd and Mike Stoops is still employed by OU.

Shit be getting old yo.
    It's like there should be a recurring LASooner meme for this...

Originally Posted by mightysooner View Post
    This is all you need to read in that article to dismiss it wholesale

"I love Coach Stoops, he's my guy,” says Williams. "
    Oh, I don't know, the part about ****ing fans not knowing the concepts, calls, and responsibilities was pretty good.

Originally Posted by FletchAlias View Post
    Oh, I don't know, the part about ****ing fans not knowing the concepts, calls, and responsibilities was pretty good.
    Correct, guess who's job it is to prepare the players for "knowing the concepts, calls, and responsibilities". If it were just one game or maybe a few play where players just blow, then I understand. But for 3 plus years, and a rotation of different players ALL making these damn mistakes, it's on coaching.

Props to RW for his loyalty to Stoops; other than that ... his statement was TRASH.
    2 users like DirtySouth_Sooner's post: OU48A, SECsooner

TRRW is allowed to defend his coach, and he's allowed to be wrong.

Originally Posted by MOJO_ERASER View Post
    I have no reason to assume you have credible intel. But I’m gonna go ahead and believe you on this. Keep up the good work.
    2 users like SMU Sooner's post: Boomer6671, DirtySouth_Sooner

If you’re not recruiting players smart enough to understand what you’re coaching that’s on the coaches and that seems to be a common theme… that and consistently being forced to play too much youth because of high attrition…
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

Mike Stoops
    Mike Stoops
    @OU_CoachMike
    " To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." - Aristotle
    Keep hustling!!
    Tommie Harris
    @Tommieharris90
    @TheTraeYoung There will be always someone criticizing your efforts. Ignore them! Do Not Entertain them!! You are 19 yrs. old! You have done more in one night on the court than most did in a lifetime. Do not care what the critics say or think! Ony care for Family, Friends & Fans!
    8:53 AM · Jan 23, 2018
    26 Retweets
    248 Likes

Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    Mike Stoops
    Mike Stoops
    @OU_CoachMike
    " To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing." - Aristotle
    Keep hustling!!
    Tommie Harris
    @Tommieharris90
    @TheTraeYoung There will be always someone criticizing your efforts. Ignore them! Do Not Entertain them!! You are 19 yrs. old! You have done more in one night on the court than most did in a lifetime. Do not care what the critics say or think! Ony care for Family, Friends & Fans!
    8:53 AM · Jan 23, 2018
    26 Retweets
    248 Likes
    Pass the ball some Trae. Thanks
    #FireMikeStoops
    2 users like SECsooner's post: Boomer6671, OUrage

Originally Posted by FletchAlias View Post
    It really wasn't. Its just more shitty side-stepping ad-hominem attacks from yet another mike stoops apologist who cant grasp the idea that fans may actually have some football knowledge.
    The following users like this post: SECsooner

Originally Posted by manateepower View Post
    It really wasn't. Its just more shitty side-stepping ad-hominem attacks from yet another mike stoops apologist who cant grasp the idea that fans may actually have some football knowledge.
    Here is some knowledge.

Mike is staying, for now at least.

Can we stop the whining and start working on how to overcome, improvise and adapt.

Originally Posted by manateepower View Post
    Exactly. As if to say it’s only fans. The coaches during the Rose Bowl were poking fun at how stupid our alignments were. So, I guess they have no knowledge, either. Coaches like Gary Patterson— who always has better defenses than Mike with less talent.
    The following users like this post: JR’s BBQ

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    Here is some knowledge.

Mike is staying, for now at least.

Can we stop the whining and start working on how to overcome, improvise and adapt.
    Lol. We’ve already been working on how to overcome, improvise and adapt due to having a lackluster defense for five years, what’s another 1-2 now?
    2 users like SoonernVolved's post: manateepower, OUrage

Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    Lol. We’ve already been working on how to overcome, improvise and adapt due to having a lackluster defense for five years, what’s another 1-2 now?
    We embrace failure. To expect any better is to fantasize

2 users like OUrage's post: manateepower, SoonernVolved