Mike Stoops gone? Please be true!!!

Posted 20 day(s) ago by landrun171848 Views 2637 Replies
Results 2,101 to 2,150 of 2638
Page 43 of 53 33 41 42 43 44 45
  1. #2101
    Lout's Avatar
    Posts
    1,843
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Pot's legal here.

    Lulz. Dumbasses, Drake Stoops is a walk-on. His uncle tweeting about it is not a recruiting violation because he isn't considered a recruited athlete.
    The following users like this post: Soonerprincess


  2. #2102
    Originally Posted by Lout View Post
    Lulz. Dumbasses, Drake Stoops is a walk-on. His uncle tweeting about it is not a recruiting violation because he isn't considered a recruited athlete.
    I think that's true for regular walkons, but he's a PWO so I think normal recruiting rules apply.
    The following users like this post: Cloudy


  3. #2103
    Originally Posted by boomboomroom View Post
    I never said he was out today...
    it was a joke. Albeit a bad one, a joke none the less.
    The following users like this post: boomboomroom


  4. #2104
    It’s like Lord of the Flies in here.

  5. #2105
    Originally Posted by Adonijah_Aijalon View Post
    IF Lincoln is being strong armed to keep Mike, I don't see him staying around for very long. What's next? Drake Stoops gets the start over Cede Lamb?

    Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk
    Dead on. Bob would never put up with shit like that. Hopefully despite all of his millions he has not become a caricature of the ultimate hypocrite.
    2 users like soonerguru's post: JR’s BBQ, This Is War


  6. #2106
    tcrb's Avatar
    Posts
    6,820
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Behind enemy lines

    Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    It’s like Lord of the Flies in here.
    I’m reminded of Thunderdome

  7. #2107
    Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Dead on. Bob would never put up with shit like that. Hopefully despite all of his millions he has not become a caricature of the ultimate hypocrite.
    Somebody posts speculation, then it becomes a rumor, and in 24 hours it will be reported on here as fact.
    The following users like this post: TheBoots


  8. #2108
    Percy's Avatar
    Posts
    326
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Yer mom's house.

    Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    I’m reminded of Thunderdome
    With retards fighting?

  9. #2109

  10. #2110
    Augusta's Avatar
    Posts
    367
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moore, OK

    Originally Posted by ben.woods1986 View Post
    You want me to beat your ass again, coach??
    You've clearly lost it and are at maximum rustleage. It's 9:30 on Friday night. Close the laptop, get dressed up, go find you some good dick and log back in tomorrow morning.
    6 users like Augusta's post: Bear_Jew, chris9996, Clark W. Griswold, RockE, TehFail, Tempesooner56


  11. #2111
    Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    it was a joke. Albeit a bad one, a joke none the less.
    All good...truth is i know former players and boosters, maybe not all, but enough want Mike gone. The X factor is Bob and Lincolns relationship. If Bob asks Linc to keep mike on theough his contract if he cant find a landing apot, does he?

    I know Lincoln wants a diffent type of defense for a fact
    The following users like this post: TheBoots


  12. #2112
    We are the Boston Red Sox Circa 1995-2002.

    A lot of hitting talent (offense) atrocious pitching (defense), sans Pedro Martinez (Okoronkwo), which a decent, but not elite GM in Dan Duquette (Joe Castiglione/ Bob Stoops), who can't get out of their own way of nepotistic tendencies, incompetent managers/coaches who people mistook for being capable like Jimy Williams and Joe Kerrigan, (Mike Stoops, Tim Kish, Jay Boulware, or try every hire by Bob outside of Cale Gundy) defended by idiots who make shitty ad hominem remarks such as "You're not a coach, so you don't understand", or "Who are you going to get that is better?"

    So, like those Red Sox teams that had nice regular seasons, only to be throttled in the playoffs due to lack of depth, pitching, and an inability to see major problems ("Better than most"), we seem destined on the same path for the forseeable future. They finally fixed those issues starting in 2003, will Oklahoma do the same? The last 13 years say no.
    2 users like manateepower's post: Adonijah_Aijalon, TulsatimeSooner


  13. #2113
    Turk's Avatar
    Posts
    15,541
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    BFE,OK

    Originally Posted by rangersooner13 View Post
    Maybe I am wrong.. but I really thing our offense makes it really challenging to play defense. fast generally and scores at a great clip... i think we know there is give and take here and we have as a university put our eggs in the basket of offense because we believe that no defense can consistently stop teams in the big 12 and if we aim at that approach we will lose some key games or.. games to tech.
    Ideally we could play both ways exceptionally but i believe our offense may make that impossible
    Yup, been talk of that many times. Only problem is when you see these dudes get scored on out the gate. These gents will miss tackles and get burned deep on opening drives just as well as closing drives. How can the offense be blamed in these instances?

    Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

  14. #2114
    Originally Posted by boomboomroom View Post
    All good...truth is i know former players and boosters, maybe not all, but enough want Mike gone. The X factor is Bob and Lincolns relationship. If Bob asks Linc to keep mike on theough his contract if he cant find a landing apot, does he?

    I know Lincoln wants a diffent type of defense for a fact
    Lincoln had little bargaining powder here. He had success, and he had some leverage, but if the LSU of the world settled for Coach Oregon, OU could conceivably pull just about anyone they wanted.

    That was last year.

    Bob could have pushed top keep Mike on for 2 or 3 years and it not reflect on Lincoln. Who the hell knows.

  15. #2115
    Originally Posted by boomboomroom View Post
    All good...truth is i know former players and boosters, maybe not all, but enough want Mike gone. The X factor is Bob and Lincolns relationship. If Bob asks Linc to keep mike on theough his contract if he cant find a landing apot, does he?

    I know Lincoln wants a diffent type of defense for a fact
    If Lincoln wants a different defensive coordinator and is being pressured not to change, then I can see Lincoln getting a job somewhere else where he is in full control. It is ridiculous that he still being pressured against he wants to do and what is best for the program.
    5 users like MrQster's post: ben.woods1986, ChSooner, MyT Oklahoma, soonerguru, sperry


  16. #2116
    Soonerlife's Avatar
    Posts
    20,558
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Originally Posted by ben.woods1986 View Post
    You want me to beat your ass again, coach??
    I'm not going to call you a moron because name calling is against the rules. However, if somebody else wanted to name you King Moron I would not argue with them and probably hit the like button
    3 users like Soonerlife's post: ousooner_4, RockFlagandEagle, Stinger_1066


  17. #2117
    Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    Together they made it into the college football playoffs just saying
    Are you brain damaged?
    2 users like soonerguru's post: Straz1999, This Is War


  18. #2118
    Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
    That is the only reason I haven't picked up a torch.

    We are going to find out this season if the problem really is personnel, because the talent level on campus will go up to pre-2008 levels again.

    Two Top 10 recruiting classes is a SEVERE upgrade from what we've fielded over the last few years. If Mike can't do better than Top 100 with that kind of talent, I expect Riley to do the right thing--because we won't have a shot at a national championship until the defense carries its weight.
    It will be too late if he doesn't act now. I'm convinced.

  19. #2119
    Originally Posted by Sooner 1234 View Post
    I’m starting to think there wasn’t a big time hire this year( too many coaching changes ) so LIncoln will wait a year .

    I think LIncoln knows we need a change , but not just an average hire .
    I love Riley but maybe it's time to set aside the "He's playing three-dimensional chess" delusion. He is making mistakes. This is a very big one.
    4 users like soonerguru's post: Adonijah_Aijalon, OU_On_My_Mind, Sooner5030, sperry


  20. #2120
    Soonerlife's Avatar
    Posts
    20,558
    Join Date
    Oct 2010

    Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    It will be too late if he doesn't act now. I'm convinced.
    Too late for what? Isn't the important thing is recruiting? If he acts next month after signing day is that too late? Will you be convinced?
    5 users like Soonerlife's post: CrimsonOberon, northspeter, OU812, ousooner_4, SoonerHawk


  21. #2121
    OU48A's Avatar
    Posts
    29,765
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman

    Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I love Riley but maybe it's time to set aside the "He's playing three-dimensional chess" delusion. He is making mistakes. This is a very big one.
    If he keeps Mike it would be a big mistake IMHO but there is still plenty of time for Mike to leave.
    The following users like this post: No19Sooner


  22. #2122
    Just stopping by to see if Uncle Mike still has a job.
    3 users like No19Sooner's post: SA OSO, Soonerprincess, TheBoots


  23. #2123
    Originally Posted by Soonerlife View Post
    Too late for what? Isn't the important thing is recruiting? If he acts next month after signing day is that too late? Will you be convinced?
    Sorry, I meant this off season. I don't care if it's in April as long as that ****stick isn't diddling himself in the booth on national TV next season.
    The following users like this post: Soonerlife


  24. #2124
    Found a landing place for Mike Stoops:

    Trinity International (NAIA – IL): Trinity International University has an immediate opening for defensive coordinator. This is a full time position that pays $25,000 and includes benefits. Applicants must have a strong Christian faith and work within Trinity International University’s Christian mission.
    The Scoop
    5 users like Balko's post: ben.woods1986, OUrage, RockE, Sooner5030, Soonerprincess


  25. #2125
    Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Are you brain damaged?
    I actually made the assertion that he was partially retarded last year, but now I know that was way too generous an assessment.

  26. #2126
    Originally Posted by Balko View Post
    Found a landing place for Mike Stoops:


    The Scoop
    Wow, that school has woman and /or child **** scandal written all over it.

  27. #2127
    tcrb's Avatar
    Posts
    6,820
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Behind enemy lines

    Originally Posted by Balko View Post
    Found a landing place for Mike Stoops:


    The Scoop



    I don’t think he’s qualified.
    The following users like this post: Sooner5030


  28. #2128
    Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    I don’t think he’s qualified.
    It says immediate. I'm sure they could overlook the defensive coordinator part.
    5 users like Fiction's post: manateepower, OUrage, Soonerprincess, sperry, tcrb


  29. #2129
    Originally Posted by soonerghost View Post
    Wow. One more question, does anyone know who that is lined up in the middle in front of Beal?
    If this hasn't been answered yet, It's Mann. That's right, against a running team we had a DE tweener at NG with Obo and Ward (DEs) lined up outside.
    The following users like this post: soonerghost


  30. #2130
    Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    If this hasn't been answered yet, It's Mann. That's right, against a running team we had a DE tweener at NG with Obo and Ward (DEs) lined up outside.
    Wow. They had a month to prepare. I wonder if it ever entered his mind to play Lampkin and Gallimore at the tackles, Mann and Ward at the ends, with Obo, Kelly, and Beal as backers. He could still move Obo around and have come to rush off the end.

    Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: Soonerprincess


  31. #2131
    Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    If this hasn't been answered yet, It's Mann. That's right, against a running team we had a DE tweener at NG with Obo and Ward (DEs) lined up outside.
    It was for our nickle package because Mann had earlier in the year shown to get better pressure than our other NT's in passing situations

  32. #2132
    ngintunr's Avatar
    Posts
    2,742
    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    This thread reminds me. I’ve gotta take break...... oh wait... you seen Trae Young? Lol. There’s only One.

    OU-TCU is next up.

    FUMS tho.
    The following users like this post: Bear_Jew


  33. #2133
    Mr._Robotulism's Avatar
    Posts
    28,653
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Punsylvania

    Lincoln's speaks about the future of the D

    Stoops I did it again, I played with your heart, got lost in the game, OU baby baby

    If Lincoln doesn't fire Mike then he is not the baby genius I thought he would be. Lincoln this is YOUR BRAND, don't let anyone give you the Spears.


    Dee-runk or so they say

  34. #2134
    MadMex's Avatar
    Posts
    5,541
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liquor Sto'

    Originally Posted by Mr._Robotulism View Post
    Stoops I did it again, I played with your heart, got lost in the game, OU baby baby

    If Lincoln doesn't fire Mike then he is not the baby genius I thought he would be. Lincoln this is YOUR BRAND, don't let anyone give you the Spears.


    Dee-runk or so they say

  35. #2135
    Originally Posted by Soonerlife View Post
    I'm not going to call you a moron because name calling is against the rules. However, if somebody else wanted to name you King Moron I would not argue with them and probably hit the like button
    You finessed that quite well.
    2 users like King Barry's post: CherokeeFly, Soonerprincess


  36. #2136
    MadMex's Avatar
    Posts
    5,541
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liquor Sto'

    Originally Posted by Soonerlife View Post
    I'm not going to call you a moron because name calling is against the rules. However, if somebody else wanted to name you King Moron I would not argue with them and probably hit the like button
    Name callings not against the rules in OF you damn dingus.
    4 users like MadMex's post: Bear_Jew, p23570, Soonerlife, Stinger_1066


  37. #2137
    Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    Lincoln had little bargaining powder here.
    is that like herman's fairy dust?
    4 users like blackfrancois's post: Bear_Jew, Boomer6671, Sooner2, TheBoots


  38. #2138
    Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    I don't know what you told us. But I guess I can assume you were trying to say that Mike is sticking around for next year? so what are you going to do when he's gone not too long after NSD?
    Yep. I don't believe this means he will be here next season without a doubt.

    I wasn't expecting anything until after the class was fully sealed up. We will see if he is in here for the long haul, or if Riley is just waiting for the right moment.

  39. #2139
    Originally Posted by CrimsonOberon View Post
    Yep. I don't believe this means he will be here next season without a doubt.

    I wasn't expecting anything until after the class was fully sealed up.
    Oh, Oberon, I think you are wrong. I think this DOES mean he will be back next year. If Lincoln was going to make a change, it would be stupid to wait until after signing day. That would mean that the new defensive staff would be coaching up players that they didn't evaluate, didn't recruit and didn't know. You also won't get the benefit of the positive impact on recruiting of cleaning house, either. If you make a change, you do it quickly so it will help your recruiting, not hold out so that it will sink your recruiting.

    I think it's all over. And I think it means something else. I think it means that Lincoln and Mike sit there week after week going over defensive planning and game strategies, and that they are both on board with each other. In other words, this is what Lincoln thinks a defense should look like. Mike could be here a really long time.

    It was a fun week, but I think I need a scotch, straight.

  40. #2140
    Originally Posted by VarsityO28 View Post
    Paraphrasing here but it was just a congrats to drake stoops saying “two stoops are always better than one” but directly tweeting a recruits commitment could be a violation

    Not sure if he will get a free pass because they’re family or not, either way it was a bonehead move. He could have just as easily sent a text or told his nephew in person and avoided the mess
    Is it a violation if he's just a walk on?

  41. #2141
    p23570's Avatar
    Posts
    6,681
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Miyakojima-shi, Okinawa-ken

    Originally Posted by soonercoop1 View Post
    Is it a violation if he's just a walk on?
    though i'm not really sure what the correct answer is, i would bet that it's a violation since you don't see coaches regularly tweeting at preferred walk-ons.

  42. #2142
    Originally Posted by VarsityO28 View Post
    Paraphrasing here but it was just a congrats to drake stoops saying “two stoops are always better than one” but directly tweeting a recruits commitment could be a violation

    Not sure if he will get a free pass because they’re family or not, either way it was a bonehead move. He could have just as easily sent a text or told his nephew in person and avoided the mess
    3 users like Breadburner's post: meandmybutt, OUrage, OU_On_My_Mind


  43. #2143
    Boomer6671's Avatar
    Posts
    7,348
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas City

    Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    That cow looks like it's already prego. WTF is he doing?
    The following users like this post: Breadburner


  44. #2144
    Originally Posted by Boomer6671 View Post
    That cow looks like it's already prego. WTF is he doing?
    Seems pretty smart to me....

  45. #2145
    meandmybutt's Avatar
    Posts
    14,544
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Antonio

    Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Three things I learned:

    1. Cows will risk everything to avoid getting ****ed (female) or to **** (bull).
    2. We will still be driving cars in the year 2025.
    3. Breadburner is a dummy. He has access to video from 2025 and uses it to watch cows get run over while ****ing.

  46. #2146
    Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    Three things I learned:

    1. Cows will risk everything to avoid getting ****ed (female) or to **** (bull).
    2. We will still be driving cars in the year 2025.
    3. Breadburner is a dummy. He has access to video from 2025 and uses it to watch cows get run over while ****ing.
    Sorry...I was traveling in the future with my dash cam on...Just thought I would share...I would tell you where I was going but I would have to kill you...
    3 users like Breadburner's post: meandmybutt, OUrage, Soonerock


  47. #2147
    Widescreen's Avatar
    Posts
    4,805
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Allen, TX

    Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Sorry...I was traveling in the future with my dash cam on...Just thought I would share...I would tell you where I was going but I would have to kill you...
    Something I learned:

    Breadburner is a John Titor sock.

  48. #2148
    Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    It was for our nickle package because Mann had earlier in the year shown to get better pressure than our other NT's in passing situations
    Actually that was a ****ing dime package on 3rd and 7. But it's a lack of talent issue.
    3 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: Drake, OUn8v, Yuck Fu


  49. #2149
    Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    Something I learned:

    Breadburner is a John Titor sock.

  50. #2150
    meandmybutt's Avatar
    Posts
    14,544
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Antonio

    Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Sorry...I was traveling in the future with my dash cam on...Just thought I would share...I would tell you where I was going but I would have to kill you...
    Your clip reminded me of this video.

    Check out the incident at the 4:20 mark...wait for it.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F_xI8bGvJkE

Similar Threads

  1. Most Impressive True Road win in Stoops' career?
    By Soonerfan65 in forum Football
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: December 1st, 2015, 02:34 PM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: October 10th, 2015, 09:58 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 5th, 2015, 07:00 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2014, 06:40 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 6th, 2012, 06:40 PM

Tags for this Thread