Let's slow down on this bama freshman QB

Posted 14 day(s) ago 1605 Views 50 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 51
Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. #1

    Let's slow down on this bama freshman QB

    Saban said that he had game planned for this QB to potentially come in and change things up and that's exactly what happened. After the first half Savan saw that plan A wasn't gonna work, so he went with plan B. He knew that uga got shredded by our offense in the first half, and we got stopped when uga made adjustments. So what did he do? Leave it until halftime until making a switch so that Kirby couldn't make the adjustments necessary from the power run game to a more passing offense. It was a brilliant plan, one that Saban had ready, and one that Kirby didn't see. That defense just was not ready nor prepared for what Saban had lined up. Saban is a ****ing genius, the kids not bad at QB, but he looked good due to a defense that got bamboozled ... They'll be expecting him next season.
    2 users like jaxonya's post: Doctor X, SoonerNow


  2. #2
    I saw some mouth-breather on FB say: "who knew that Bama had the next Heisman winner sitting on the bench the entire season?" PUMP. THE. BRAKES!!
    2 users like FutureDC2853's post: adrianhill01, jaxonya


  3. #3
    Doctor X's Avatar
    Posts
    637
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Pax Americana

    Originally Posted by jaxonya View Post
    That defense just was not ready nor prepared for what Saban had lined up. Saban is a ****ing genius, the kids not bad at QB, but he looked good due to a defense that got bamboozled ... They'll be expecting him next season.
    Yeah, color me unimpressed with Tualongalingolooga. Not to take anything from the kid, but watch the film: most of the time he's throwing to wide-open receivers.

    Don't get me wrong, props to him for actually being able to hit a wide-open receiver, but it's not like he was dropping dimes into tiny windows. Again, props to him for doing something that seems to elude his counterpart, but Georgia was out-gameplanned far more than they were outplayed.
    4 users like Doctor X's post: FutureDC2853, jaxonya, JR’s BBQ, SoonerNow


  4. #4
    OUrage's Avatar
    Posts
    18,143
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FLORIDA

    Imagine if we had made it to the NC and Saban pulled this crap on Micro. Imagine the stink of Micro's shit filling the coaches box.
    3 users like OUrage's post: jaxonya, Ohio sooner, sovasooner


  5. #5
    I'm not saying he's going to win a Heisman just yet, but if you guys didn't see some serious talent on display from Tua, you're blind.

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Sooner_CJ View Post
    I'm not saying he's going to win a Heisman just yet, but if you guys didn't see some serious talent on display from Tua, you're blind.
    I saw a defense completely confused and I also saw Trevor knight look like Tom Brady in one game against a certain team.. doesn't mean shit
    4 users like jaxonya's post: DarthFazande, meandmybutt, S00NER4LIFE, Squad


  7. #7
    Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Imagine if we had made it to the NC and Saban pulled this crap on Micro. Imagine the stink of Micro's shit filling the coaches box.
    If OU was playing, the other guy would've moved the ball and scored enough to not warrant a change.

    Tua was extremely lucky on the pass that was almost intercepted and the TD pass to tie the game, it was caught by a receiver that ran in front of his actual target who was covered pretty well. But you gotta have luck!
    The following users like this post: SoonerNow


  8. #8
    Originally Posted by FutureDC2853 View Post
    I saw some mouth-breather on FB say: "who knew that Bama had the next Heisman winner sitting on the bench the entire season?" PUMP. THE. BRAKES!!
    Have they forgotten what happened to Trevor Knight and Cardale Jones?
    3 users like 49cent's post: FutureDC2853, SoonerForLife, SoonerNow


  9. #9
    I remember Kelly Gregg saying on the radio, when a team brings in a backup QB that you don't have any game film to study from, they always play well against the defense because they have nothing to reference, then the 2nd game......they look terrible. I believe he was referencing a game where Landry Jones came in for a hurt Big Ben and looked fairly decent.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Imagine if we had made it to the NC and Saban pulled this crap on Micro. Imagine the stink of Micro's shit filling the coaches box.
    Saban would not have had to sub qbs against KoKo...Hurts would have looked like Tom Brady.

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by jaxonya View Post
    Saban said that he had game planned for this QB to potentially come in and change things up and that's exactly what happened. After the first half Savan saw that plan A wasn't gonna work, so he went with plan B. He knew that uga got shredded by our offense in the first half, and we got stopped when uga made adjustments. So what did he do? Leave it until halftime until making a switch so that Kirby couldn't make the adjustments necessary from the power run game to a more passing offense. It was a brilliant plan, one that Saban had ready, and one that Kirby didn't see. That defense just was not ready nor prepared for what Saban had lined up. Saban is a ****ing genius, the kids not bad at QB, but he looked good due to a defense that got bamboozled ... They'll be expecting him next season.
    You are gullible as ****...

  13. #13
    I remember a certain Texas freshman qb that came in for colt McCoy and people went nuts.
    The following users like this post: meandmybutt


  14. #14
    LVSOONER15's Avatar
    Posts
    8,274
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gettin it done....

    Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    I remember a certain Texas freshman qb that came in for colt McCoy and people went nuts.
    I was gonna say this too... But, Texas ain't Bama.
    2 users like LVSOONER15's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, OU_On_My_Mind


  15. #15
    Originally Posted by LVSOONER15 View Post
    I was gonna say this too... But, Texas ain't Bama.
    My point was overreaction to a player from less than a fill game.
    The following users like this post: LVSOONER15


  16. #16
    LVSOONER15's Avatar
    Posts
    8,274
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gettin it done....

    Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    My point was overreaction to a player from less than a fill game.
    Got it.

  17. #17
    I'm no QB talent evaluation expert, but that OT touchdown was an excellent pass. It traveled damn near 50 yards.
    2 users like Boomer Sooner's post: LVSOONER15, soonergrad


  18. #18
    Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    I'm no QB talent evaluation expert, but that OT touchdown was an excellent pass. It traveled damn near 50 yards.
    The ball was snapped from the 41-yard line. The QB threw it from the 47-yard line and it was caught about the 4-yard line so make it 43 yards of air time.

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by Lucy_Han View Post
    The ball was snapped from the 41-yard line. The QB threw it from the 47-yard line and it was caught about the 4-yard line so make it 43 yards of air time.
    I counted 46 yds airtime, but it's a big throw.

  20. #20
    Not to mention that he looked off the safety and felt the receiver on his left like a seasoned pro.
    The following users like this post: Soonerprincess


  21. #21
    Turk's Avatar
    Posts
    15,542
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    BFE,OK

    Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    You are gullible as ****...
    You are a sycophant.

    Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Here's the thing, the kid is legit. Why he will be more effective next year and even harder to stop are they following reasons:
    RB - Damian Harris 5*
    RB - Najee Harris 5*
    WR - Henry Ruggs - 5*
    WR - Jerry Juedy - 5*
    WR - Devontae Smith 5*

    Also an offensive line that will feature two first rounders. His defense will get stops and get him the ball back giving him more opportunities to put points on the board.

    It isn't just him, it's the people around him that will make him look even better
    The following users like this post: soonergrad


  23. #23
    Yeah baby, it's almost completely into the off-season. Soon is national signing day in early February, then the long off season commences.




    See ya MUCH later Monty.

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    You are a sycophant.

    Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Thank you....!!!!

  25. #25
    kid is going to be great...
    too bad he plays for bama...
    love his personality/demeanor...
    i'm sure the atheists will hate him as much or more than tebow...

  26. #26
    The kids has an awesome arm. He can run too. He looked the safety one way then threw a surgical strike the other way. He was very composed when he came in that particular situation. The kid seems like a pretty humble guy when they interviewed him.

  27. #27
    Saban had a great plan but the talent on that kid was obvious. He also made some really terrible freshman mistakes, hence the reason why Hurts was the QB most of the year.

  28. #28
    Mr._Robotulism's Avatar
    Posts
    28,661
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Punsylvania

    Has Tua learned English yet?
    2 users like Mr._Robotulism's post: HighwayBill, Vodnik


  29. #29
    Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    My point was overreaction to a player from less than a fill game.
    He's a freshman with a national title due to his game play. Bama loses without him. In one game, he achieved what BM wanted his entire college career. Overreaction? No ... post game reaction and prediction is on point and well deserved.

    Yeah me made mistakes; but getting little to no reps in practice, etc. ... understandable.
    The following users like this post: 87sooner


  30. #30
    Great or not he could be the most talented QB Saban has had. That being said it’s not like he will all of the sudden throw it 40 times a game. He wont win a Heisman.

    I could see him and Fromm having the same career as Baker and Mason. Mason and Fromm being the higher rated recruit but never winning shit because of a better QB and team winning everything.

  31. #31
    Every Samoan HS football player in the world just became Tua Tagovailoa's cousin
    The following users like this post: MontyFranklyn


  32. #32
    meandmybutt's Avatar
    Posts
    14,546
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    San Antonio

    Originally Posted by jaxonya View Post
    Saban said that he had game planned for this QB to potentially come in and change things up and that's exactly what happened. After the first half Savan saw that plan A wasn't gonna work, so he went with plan B. He knew that uga got shredded by our offense in the first half, and we got stopped when uga made adjustments. So what did he do? Leave it until halftime until making a switch so that Kirby couldn't make the adjustments necessary from the power run game to a more passing offense. It was a brilliant plan, one that Saban had ready, and one that Kirby didn't see. That defense just was not ready nor prepared for what Saban had lined up. Saban is a ****ing genius, the kids not bad at QB, but he looked good due to a defense that got bamboozled ... They'll be expecting him next season.
    He is a serious step up from Hurts.

    That's not a good thing for Bama opponents.

    With even a half step up from Hurts, Bama would have beaten Clemson last year. I never bought into the Hurts love....sad to see Saban going past it. Bama will be better with Tua....or who knows anyone else they have with a live arm.

  33. #33
    Originally Posted by soonergrad View Post
    Not to mention that he looked off the safety and felt the receiver on his left like a seasoned pro.
    It wouldnt shock me if he never throws another incompletion. He's so dreamy.
    3 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: Doctor X, SoonerNow, SteveDavisRIP


  34. #34
    I would like to see him be a starter and play in regular season games because it’s different than being called up to get on the field and win your team the game.

  35. #35
    R. Kelly's Golden Stream
    Lifetime Achievement Award
    SoopaSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    19,416
    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    Sadly Bama doesn’t need a QB to win titles.
    2 users like SoopaSooner's post: Lehmanfan, soonergrad


  36. #36
    RockE's Avatar
    Posts
    4,173
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ann Arbor

    hopefully he becomes a younger cardale jones. a player that didn't go to bama "to play school". even if that happens, gonna be hard to beat bama.

  37. #37
    RockE's Avatar
    Posts
    4,173
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ann Arbor

    Originally Posted by ShreyK21 View Post
    I would like to see him be a starter and play in regular season games because it’s different than being called up to get on the field and win your team the game.
    yeah, it's much harder. he's a freshman that did it in the second half with his team down in the national championship. it's MUCH different.

    maybe the Citadel will challenge him next season.

  38. #38
    RockE's Avatar
    Posts
    4,173
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ann Arbor

    Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    You are gullible as ****...
    dude, he said "saban said". are you a messenger hater, or what?
    The following users like this post: Turk


  39. #39
    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    Here's the thing, the kid is legit. Why he will be more effective next year and even harder to stop are they following reasons:
    RB - Damian Harris 5*
    RB - Najee Harris 5*
    WR - Henry Ruggs - 5*
    WR - Jerry Juedy - 5*
    WR - Devontae Smith 5*

    Also an offensive line that will feature two first rounders. His defense will get stops and get him the ball back giving him more opportunities to put points on the board.

    It isn't just him, it's the people around him that will make him look even better
    Oh STFU, so maybe you won’t get run-ruled by Auburn again.



    And as far as the kid ..Tua or whatever...he has a hideous release. The kid’s a gamer for sure, but that 4 second release just might catch up to him dtr.

  40. #40
    Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Imagine if we had made it to the NC and Saban pulled this crap on Micro. Imagine the stink of Micro's shit filling the coaches box.
    There is no ****ing way Alabama beats OU in that game.

  41. #41
    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    Here's the thing, the kid is legit. Why he will be more effective next year and even harder to stop are they following reasons:
    RB - Damian Harris 5*
    RB - Najee Harris 5*
    WR - Henry Ruggs - 5*
    WR - Jerry Juedy - 5*
    WR - Devontae Smith 5*

    Also an offensive line that will feature two first rounders. His defense will get stops and get him the ball back giving him more opportunities to put points on the board.

    It isn't just him, it's the people around him that will make him look even better
    Hell yeah! Look out Louisville, Arkansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette, and Citadel. Tuafoyalala and friends are going to ROLL BABY!!!!!!
    The following users like this post: SoonerNow


  42. #42
    Lehmanfan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,218
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    By Whiteman AFB

    You guys put your jealousy/hatred above common sense. This kid came off the bench to win bama their 81st NC! Do your best to think about that. There is no end in site for bama.

  43. #43
    Originally Posted by MrQster View Post
    The kids has an awesome arm. He can run too. He looked the safety one way then threw a surgical strike the other way. He was very composed when he came in that particular situation. The kid seems like a pretty humble guy when they interviewed him.
    The look-off and throw on that pass was positively Baker-esque

  44. #44
    Originally Posted by S00NER4LIFE View Post
    Saban had a great plan but the talent on that kid was obvious. He also made some really terrible freshman mistakes, hence the reason why Hurts was the QB most of the year.
    He didn't play because Saban's biggest fault is loyalty and trust. Sabam gives preference to older guys due to trust, hence why guys like Hootie and Jalen played over guys that were better than them. This isn't new, Saban has always done this. Ragland played over Foster, Devall played over Anderson and so on. Tua only made two mistakes, the pick and the sack. Jalen wouldn't have thrown the pick because he's too scared to throw, but he would have definitely takeen that sack or just run out of bounds for a lose of yards because I've seen him do it so many times before. If he had been playing earlier in the season he'd would have had all of that out of him by then

  45. #45
    Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    You are gullible as ****...
    So I'm not the only one who visualized Nicks cum dripping from his chin as he typed that?

  46. #46
    He will win the Heisman twice be #1 pick in NFL..be selected to the NFL hall of fame in his third year

  47. #47
    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    He didn't play because Saban's biggest fault is loyalty and trust. Sabam gives preference to older guys due to trust, hence why guys like Hootie and Jalen played over guys that were better than them. This isn't new, Saban has always done this. Ragland played over Foster, Devall played over Anderson and so on. Tua only made two mistakes, the pick and the sack. Jalen wouldn't have thrown the pick because he's too scared to throw, but he would have definitely takeen that sack or just run out of bounds for a lose of yards because I've seen him do it so many times before. If he had been playing earlier in the season he'd would have had all of that out of him by then
    Tua only made 2 mistakes but they were pretty huge and almost cost them. Of course he made up for it with spectacular plays as well. Saban felt like he could beat most teams with Hurts, a safer but lesser talented QB, and he was right. It was only when he ran into a better team that he needed the riskier but more talented Tua. Let Georgia game plan against Tua and I bet he makes a lot more than 2 mistakes.

  48. #48
    Originally Posted by 49cent View Post
    Have they forgotten what happened to Trevor Knight and Cardale Jones?
    Cardale is exactly what came to mind for me. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't he also play better than this kid in both his playoff games?

  49. #49
    Originally Posted by S00NER4LIFE View Post
    Tua only made 2 mistakes but they were pretty huge and almost cost them. Of course he made up for it with spectacular plays as well. Saban felt like he could beat most teams with Hurts, a safer but lesser talented QB, and he was right. It was only when he ran into a better team that he needed the riskier but more talented Tua. Let Georgia game plan against Tua and I bet he makes a lot more than 2 mistakes.
    Nope. It's easy to game plan against Hurts this season because Daboll didn't know how to make him effective. Lane did because Lane is a genius and can make any QB effective. Daboll can't do what Lane does, but he can put things together if he has a competent QB that can pass. Aggy showed the blueprint to stop Hurts, put 4 in a box and spy him to the right. He'll bail, roll right and throw it away. Tua is a competent dual threat QB and Bama has tons of weapons. That offense will be loaded with 5*s and high 4*s. You can't load the box because we will burn over the top, you can play two safeties high because the Harris brothers (not related) and Jacobs will gash you. We will have sets where Jacobs and another RB are in together. We will have sets where our speedy TE is in the backfield and is the go to on an rpo. This offense will hum next year and they have a front seven to compliment them

  50. #50
    Originally Posted by MontyFranklyn View Post
    Nope. It's easy to game plan against Hurts this season because Daboll didn't know how to make him effective. Lane did because Lane is a genius and can make any QB effective. Daboll can't do what Lane does, but he can put things together if he has a competent QB that can pass. Aggy showed the blueprint to stop Hurts, put 4 in a box and spy him to the right. He'll bail, roll right and throw it away. Tua is a competent dual threat QB and Bama has tons of weapons. That offense will be loaded with 5*s and high 4*s. You can't load the box because we will burn over the top, you can play two safeties high because the Harris brothers (not related) and Jacobs will gash you. We will have sets where Jacobs and another RB are in together. We will have sets where our speedy TE is in the backfield and is the go to on an rpo. This offense will hum next year and they have a front seven to compliment them
    You can load the box and play 2 safeties high, you just have to disguise it like Georgia did against us in the 2nd half.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 264
    Last Post: December 5th, 2015, 04:37 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 14th, 2015, 06:30 PM
  3. Replies: 80
    Last Post: October 5th, 2014, 01:54 PM
  4. OU vs. Bama - Final Bama drive
    By ShreveportSooner in forum Football
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: January 9th, 2014, 09:28 PM

Tags for this Thread