#16 TCU at #9 Oklahoma

Posted 10 day(s) ago by chsguy20136231 Views 264 Replies
Page 6 of 6 4 5 6

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    Fisher is a damn good player.
    True, but I feel his best work was as the Morlock in The Time Machine.
    3 users like CalSOONER's post: laxtothemax12, lonetreebill, Shooter

It's hard to complain after a win against a good team like TCU, but I really wish our bigs could finish at the rim better. They wasted some dimes dished by Trae....lots of them. Would be nice if we could balance out the scoring too.....get James/Odoms scoring more. We can't rely on TWO scorers, especially when one of them can disappear at for long stretches or even entire games. These other guys need to start dropping some shots.
    5 users like gratefulRed's post: BobStoopsGinger, HartRod, RockE, Section31, Yuck Fu

give it up to james for hitting that 3 pointer......or we wouldn't have won today...

http://newsok.com/trae-young-shares-...rticle/5579497
    2 users like 87sooner's post: HartRod, Yuck Fu

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    give it up to james for hitting that 3 pointer......or we wouldn't have won today...

http://newsok.com/trae-young-shares-...rticle/5579497
    yes, better late than never. that was clutch.

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    yep.

brent went 11/19 from 3 with 56 points.

sooners won 172-112.

they scored 173 in their first game the previous year.
    Can you imagine the number Trey would put up in a game played at that pace?

Baylor and TCU were a combined 22-2 in nonconference. Now 2-8 combined in Big 12 play.

This league really is crazy.
    2 users like SoonernVolved's post: BobStoopsGinger, Yuck Fu

Originally Posted by gratefulRed View Post
    It's hard to complain after a win against a good team like TCU, but I really wish our bigs could finish at the rim better. They wasted some dimes dished by Trae....lots of them. Would be nice if we could balance out the scoring too.....get James/Odoms scoring more. We can't rely on TWO scorers, especially when one of them can disappear at for long stretches or even entire games. These other guys need to start dropping some shots.
    Can McGusty and Doolittle please wake the **** up and play as well as they did last year? Is that too much to ask? What's with these sophomore slumps?

Originally Posted by SoonernVolved View Post
    Baylor and TCU were a combined 22-2 in nonconference. Now 2-8 combined in Big 12 play.

This league really is crazy.
    I was thinking that whoever finishes 9th or 10th this year would finish about 5th in a normal year.
    2 users like Yuck Fu's post: BobStoopsGinger, SoonernVolved

Originally Posted by the_edge View Post
    Can McGusty and Doolittle please wake the **** up and play as well as they did last year? Is that too much to ask? What's with these sophomore slumps?
    Kam yes.
    I'll give Doo some slack. Only played a few games and has shown marked improvement in each. He's beginning to get back into the flow. He'll be huge for OU going forward.
    2 users like Boomer6671's post: BobStoopsGinger, Yuck Fu

Originally Posted by Boomer6671 View Post
    Kam yes.
    I'll give Doo some slack. Only played a few games and has shown marked improvement in each. He's beginning to get back into the flow. He'll be huge for OU going forward.
    Section 31 pointed out that this team needed a Bookout or Osby. I think Doolittle is as close to that as we are going to get. I think Lon realizes this and is trying to get him up to speed. Obviously Polla isn't ready and Freeman is just a taller, less effective version of Manek. What I like about Doolittle is that he can do some of the stretch four stuff and still play on the block a little bit. Not ideal for either spot but it's good he can do both.
    2 users like Yuck Fu's post: Boomer6671, yaz67mvp

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    Section 31 pointed out that this team needed a Bookout or Osby. I think Doolittle is as close to that as we are going to get. I think Lon realizes this and is trying to get him up to speed. Obviously Polla isn't ready and Freeman is just a taller, less effective version of Manek. What I like about Doolittle is that he can do some of the stretch four stuff and still play on the block a little bit. Not ideal for either spot but it's good he can do both.
    That's probably a good theory...I just don't know if he's shown to be a physical rebounder yet. I do think he has the frame and savvy though. I really think Lon knows he needs what Doo CAN BE on the floor and is giving him leeway in an effort to speed up his progress.
    The following users like this post: Yuck Fu

Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    I guess we have to live with the 7-10 turnovers Young has every game? Needs to clean that up
    when you push as hard as he does turnovers happen. if he can hit his averages and trim the turnovers down to like 5 that would be gucci.
    2 users like Soonskin's post: laxtothemax12, pphilfran

Trae Young averaging 30 and 10 a game. That’s just freaking ridiculous. What a stud he is.

Originally Posted by the_edge View Post
    Well Doolittle just got back after not being able to practice or play.

Last year McGusty averaged 10.9 pts and 2.2 rebounds in 24.9 min
    This year he is at 9.2 pts and 2.4 rebounds in 17.8 minutes.

That is quite a slump. While deferring to Trae Young. His last 2 games have been down but he went for 22,15, and 10 the 3 previous games
    2 users like Drake's post: blackfrancois, laxtothemax12

Two criticisms:

1. 59% from the line is a good recipe to lose a game you had no business losing.

2. MY GOSH SOMEONE JUST FINISH A DANG PLAY! STOP TAKING AN EXTRA DRIBBLE AND GO UP WITH IT!

I'm having so much fun watching this team though.
    2 users like CorySooner's post: chsguy2013, SinnerG