Dumb new proposal to be heard by OSSAA

Posted 14 day(s) ago by soonergrad5566 Views 206 Replies
Page 4 of 5 2 3 4 5

Originally Posted by SoonerWarrior View Post
    When I was in school Deer Creek was in 2A so they didn't just magically move in class and enrollment overnight.
    Same here . . . played against them twice in basketball my senior year . . . they were 2A.

Both of my daughters attend DC. They started in 2007. DC was 5A at the time and started the move to some 6A sports in 2015.

Originally Posted by SoonersGiantsMetsThunderBruinsLiverpool View Post
    Originally Posted by soonergrad View Post

Uh ok...I know a lot of teachers, and yes they do work 8-3 (or he equivalent) and they get a lunch break and planning period in there. Oklahoma requires 180 school days per year...and yes there are teacher extra days...so let’s round up to 200 days. So even at the minimum starting salary they make ~ $22.85 an hour. Now, if they worked for 40 hours a week all year round they would make over $47k a year.

But they don’t work 40 hours a week for 52 weeks a year, do they? They also don’t pay what I do in insurance and retirement planning.

You go ahead and reply with your anecdotes or what you “know”, I’ll just stick with facts thank you.
    My wife teaches 3rd grade . . . she's usually at school between 7 and 7:20 . . . then will leave at 4:30 on a normal day. Then there are the days she provides tutoring and has to attend meetings when she's not home until 6 or later.
    2 users like Bob's post: soonergrad, Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by 1stTimeCaller View Post
    I haven’t heard my wife complain about missing out on a teacher because of the requirements to become certified in OK. I have heard her lament about being at a career fair, one of the NTX districts had a booth with a large sign that read:
    Starting Salary
    $50,000
    $51,500

Not one classroom teacher in OK will ever make $50,000 according to the current pay scales.
    And according to statistics in Oklahoma, many bachelors degree holding people won’t either, so I gues I’m missing your point.

Are going to complain that we are losing sales/IT/engineering students to surrounding states (because we do at the same % or greater), or are we going to focus on the actual issue - which is an over abundance of administration. I hate to break to to you, in Oklahoma most fresh out of workforce isn’t starting out at over $40k, in any industry....so why is it we are hung up on teachers getting that?

https://www.payscale.com/research/US...lary/by_Degree

The average BA in Oklahoma is just over $47k annually, again for working a full year. Your point?
    My point is you do not respect educators. You should run for office in Oklahoma.
    2 users like SoonerAtty's post: 1stTimeCaller, J85allen

[QUOTE=SoonersGiantsMetsThunderBruinsLiverpool;3738 732]
    Originally Posted by soonergrad View Post

Uh ok...I know a lot of teachers, and yes they do work 8-3 (or he equivalent) and they get a lunch break and planning period in there. Oklahoma requires 180 school days per year...and yes there are teacher extra days...so let’s round up to 200 days. So even at the minimum starting salary they make ~ $22.85 an hour. Now, if they worked for 40 hours a week all year round they would make over $47k a year.

But they don’t work 40 hours a week for 52 weeks a year, do they? They also don’t pay what I do in insurance and retirement planning.

You go ahead and reply with your anecdotes or what you “know”, I’ll just stick with facts thank you.
    Teachers aren’t paid by the hour dumbass, they are paid on their 8/12month contract .

That’s like saying someone on straight commission makes this an hour , or a general contractor makes this a hour .

You don’t clock in at these jobs .

You think hourly wage employees work on their jobs from home after hours off the clock ?

The only comparison is other teachers in this country . Cost of living is not that different in Texas , Kansas , Colorado and Arkansas but the pay is not even comparable .

You are probably someone’s employee that resents their boss because he/she is always gone and never at work .....where you can see them . That they really do nothing , work 20 hours a week and you could do their job better .

Oklahoma lets public and private high schools play each other for the state championship? That is so ****ed up. Private schools have no business playing public schools like that.
    2 users like azwe's post: oilmud, tbmguy

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Originally Posted by 1stTimeCaller View Post
    I haven’t heard my wife complain about missing out on a teacher because of the requirements to become certified in OK. I have heard her lament about being at a career fair, one of the NTX districts had a booth with a large sign that read:
    Starting Salary
    $50,000
    $51,500

Not one classroom teacher in OK will ever make $50,000 according to the current pay scales.
    But I heard cost of living and quality of life is so much better in Oklahoma at $45k a year.

And according to statistics in Oklahoma, many bachelors degree holding people won’t either, so I gues I’m missing your point.

Are going to complain that we are losing sales/IT/engineering students to surrounding states (because we do at the same % or greater), or are we going to focus on the actual issue - which is an over abundance of administration. I hate to break to to you, in Oklahoma most fresh out of workforce isn’t starting out at over $40k, in any industry....so why is it we are hung up on teachers getting that?
    Oklahoma should consolidate. But your Jesus loving, gay hating Republican legislators refuse to address that issue.
    The following users like this post: J85allen

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    But I heard cost of living and quality of life is so much better in Oklahoma at $45k a year.
    $500 a month is more than a student loan payment, or almost a starter home house payment, or more than a decent car payment with insurance included per month.

Damned right that chump change can change the standard of living for a teacher.

Edit: actually, the starting salary in Oklahoma is $31,600, so it would be $1,658 per month. That is a house payment and a car payment.
    2 users like SoonerAtty's post: Bob, pphilfran

Last edited by SoonerAtty; February 9th, 2018 at 09:20 PM.

Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    My wife teaches 3rd grade . . . she's usually at school between 7 and 7:20 . . . then will leave at 4:30 on a normal day. Then there are the days she provides tutoring and has to attend meetings when she's not home until 6 or later.
    I hear this a lot. Your wife must be dedicated. From experience living by teachers, they do not work nearly as many hours as they claim. Still home at 7:30, home by 4. Also check the parking lot of any school after 4.

Originally Posted by Stoopsies Pinkie View Post
    I hear this a lot. Your wife must be dedicated. From experience living by teachers, they do not work nearly as many hours as they claim. Still home at 7:30, home by 4. Also check the parking lot of any school after 4.
    She's definitely dedicated . . . doesn't believe in doing anything halfway. She's not in this for the money or notoriety, but she's been named her school's teacher of the year a couple of times (different districts and schools).

This doesn't even count the crap she brings home and works on for an hour or two every couple of days and on weekends. Depending on the time of year she's also in her classroom on Saturdays or Sundays after church if there are things she needs to get done due to meetings or other non-classroom stuff that she's had to deal with that week.
    2 users like Bob's post: SoonerAtty, Stinger_1066

Its hard to blame teachers or even the school system for poor results when so many parents spend little or no time on their kids education
    2 users like REDREX's post: 1stTimeCaller, Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    Its hard to blame teachers or even the school system for poor results when so many parents spend little or no time on their kids education
    But when you have schools who face the same parental issues but have academic success it is easy to blame the school systems. I've taught in multiple schools and every time a school was not being academically successful it was because administration and board members did not have a plan or did not hold teachers accountable at the local level.

Every school has parents that aren't involved in their kids education. Wealthy parents are too busy working to be involved. Poor families don't have the resources, education, or passion for education to be involved.

Every school I taught and coached at teachers and coaches had different excuses as to why the kids didn't succeed. Kids had not won in so long they didn't know how to win. Kids families were so wealthy and the kids had everything they wanted so they didn't care to win. Families were poor and didn't have the resources to win.

My philosophy was to take those excuses and find a way to motivate the kids. For me that easy on the field or court. I struggled more to motivate kids in the classroom. But I tried to not give up on kids or make excuses as why they couldn't succeed. That's a teachers job. To help kids be successful and to not let kids make excuses as to why they can't be successful so a teacher shouldn't make excuses either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 users like Coach's post: 1stTimeCaller, Bob, Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    But when you have schools who face the same parental issues but have academic success it is easy to blame the school systems. I've taught in multiple schools and every time a school was not being academically successful it was because administration and board members did not have a plan or did not hold teachers accountable at the local level.

Every school has parents that aren't involved in their kids education. Wealthy parents are too busy working to be involved. Poor families don't have the resources, education, or passion for education to be involved.

Every school I taught and coached at teachers and coaches had different excuses as to why the kids didn't succeed. Kids had not won in so long they didn't know how to win. Kids families were so wealthy and the kids had everything they wanted so they didn't care to win. Families were poor and didn't have the resources to win.

My philosophy was to take those excuses and find a way to motivate the kids. For me that easy on the field or court. I struggled more to motivate kids in the classroom. But I tried to not give up on kids or make excuses as why they couldn't succeed. That's a teachers job. To help kids be successful and to not let kids make excuses as to why they can't be successful so a teacher shouldn't make excuses either.

My wife taught (1st grade) in the Putnam City district for 7-8 years . . . she's in her 2-3 year (teaching 3rd grade) in the Piedmont district. Not only is the teaching completely different (1st vs 3rd) but the amount of community and other support they get is a huge asset. If you were to compare both of these districts to the first two she taught in back in 1995-2000 out in AZ and NM it is also completely different. All have their good traits, but also have their own challenges that teachers must overcome and learn to adapt their teaching style. Each classroom of kids is different from year to year and each kid within those classrooms are unique and deal with their own challenges as well (something you already know).

I think teaching in those different situations has definitely made my wife a better teacher.
    The following users like this post: Coach

This is definitely the number one issue facing Oklahoma schools today. Right?
    3 users like ElGuapoSooner's post: Coach, REDREX, SoonerKA1999

Originally Posted by ElGuapoSooner View Post
    ----That and new artificial turf fields for every school
    The following users like this post: ElGuapoSooner

Originally Posted by ElGuapoSooner View Post
    They should put all other problems on the back burner until the solve the number one issue?

Originally Posted by Blsooner4 View Post
    You are correct and if they don’t split the middle school and give more kids the opportunity to play and develop it’s not going to get any better.
    I hope you aren't suggesting that they split the middle school simply to help the football program. If they are going to split the school it should be done only if the population of students is larger than the school can support.

Again, because of so many small districts- as referenced here, the numbers for the entire state are skewed. Many of the school districts are doing just fine, and I promise you it’s not because of a “strict budget”.

Teacher pay low? Teachers in ok (starting) make over $20 an hour, the national average for hourly pay is in the $23 range....and cost of living in OK is below the National average as well.

Like the education system be improved. Absolutely. Would it be based on unrealistic teacher pay? No. Would it be based on consolidation of these smaller districts- at least at admin levels? Probably not, but that would be a damn good start.

Small districts love to **** about Jenks, BA, Union, Edmond, Norman, etc - but guess which districts are doing way better financially and testing wise?
    Not all large districts are that great. My wife teaches in OKC. Only half the OKCPS employees are teachers. The other half are administrators and support staff. I don't know how that ratio compares to other districts, but it seems like the ratio of teachers to non-teachers should be higher.

And her classroom hours are 8 - 3, but she also has to do crosswalk duty before and after school, staff meetings, off-campus extra curricular events, grading, etc.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

The way I see it, the classification system shouldn't be based simply on school population, regardless of public or private.

Adopt a system similar to the English Football Association.

Every year, just take the two state championship finalists and move them up to the class above, and drop the two worst teams from the higher class down to the next lower class.

Originally Posted by SoonerAtty View Post
    My point is you do not respect educators. You should run for office in Oklahoma.
    I do respect educators, I just don’t exault them.

[QUOTE=Sooner 1234;3738983]

Teachers aren’t paid by the hour dumbass, they are paid on their 8/12month contract .

That’s like saying someone on straight commission makes this an hour , or a general contractor makes this a hour .

You don’t clock in at these jobs .

You think hourly wage employees work on their jobs from home after hours off the clock ?

The only comparison is other teachers in this country . Cost of living is not that different in Texas , Kansas , Colorado and Arkansas but the pay is not even comparable .

You are probably someone’s employee that resents their boss because he/she is always gone and never at work .....where you can see them . That they really do nothing , work 20 hours a week and you could do their job better .
    Based on this, a few observations:

You have no idea how a compensation package is configured
    You cannot do simple/basic math
    You have never done a cost of living survey or wage comparison for salary adjustments.
    You make terrible guesses at who I am and what I do.

I’d venture to say that even the side you are on in this argument would ask you to be a silent supporter if this is what you are bringing to the table.

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    I hope you aren't suggesting that they split the middle school simply to help the football program. If they are going to split the school it should be done only if the population of students is larger than the school can support.

Not all large districts are that great. My wife teaches in OKC. Only half the OKCPS employees are teachers. The other half are administrators and support staff. I don't know how that ratio compares to other districts, but it seems like the ratio of teachers to non-teachers should be higher.

And her classroom hours are 8 - 3, but she also has to do crosswalk duty before and after school, staff meetings, off-campus extra curricular events, grading, etc.
    I agree with you stinger, okcps and tps are pretty much shit shows. And thanks for being honest on the hours, as you know most people who’s day starts at 8 ends at 5. I’ll agree that there is some “duty” time added, as well as extracurricular activities...but in most cases aren’t those done a rotation, and Conor an every day task?
    2 users like SoonersGiantsMetsThunderBruinsLiverpool's post: OU48A, Stinger_1066

[QUOTE=SoonersGiantsMetsThunderBruinsLiverpool;3740 384]I do respect educators, I just don’t exault them.

Originally Posted by Sooner 1234 View Post

Based on this, a few observations:

You have no idea how a compensation package is configured
    You cannot do simple/basic math
    You have never done a cost of living survey or wage comparison for salary adjustments.
    You make terrible guesses at who I am and what I do.

I’d venture to say that even the side you are on in this argument would ask you to be a silent supporter if this is what you are bringing to the table.
    I beg to differ. If every single law firm in the state paid thousands more per year for a paralegal than my firm, I would either get the worst paralegals in the state, or those that come to work every day out of a sense of unilateral loyalty. The latter would be demoralized workers.

It’s the same concept with teacher pay. Every single state in the union pays more to their teachers than Oklahoma. I believe it is disrespect, and I believe you are the one who cannot do simple analysis.
    2 users like SoonerAtty's post: allanace16, tycat947

[QUOTE=SoonerAtty;3740402]
    I do respect educators, I just don’t exault them.

I beg to differ. If every single law firm in the state paid thousands more per year for a paralegal than my firm, I would either get the worst paralegals in the state, or those that come to work every day out of a sense of unilateral loyalty. The latter would be demoralized workers.

It’s the same concept with teacher pay. Every single state in the union pays more to their teachers than Oklahoma. I believe it is disrespect, and I believe you are the one who cannot do simple analysis.
    In the state paralegal is the same concept of out of state teachers? Counselor, I expected more out of you. Are you saying teachers in Tulsa make thousands more than OKc, so that is where we are losing our teachers?

I’ve provided several analytical points in this thread, you have relied on rhetoric. Also remember, when you are breaking down salaries - good footnote is if you are only paid for the 8ish months you work, didn’t divide it by 12. Hence using the apples to apples comparison of hourly pay...which is both simple math and analytically factual.

[QUOTE=SoonersGiantsMetsThunderBruinsLiverpool;3740 407]

In the state paralegal is the same concept of out of state teachers? Counselor, I expected more out of you. Are you saying teachers in Tulsa make thousands more than OKc, so that is where we are losing our teachers?

I’ve provided several analytical points in this thread, you have relied on rhetoric. Also remember, when you are breaking down salaries - good footnote is if you are only paid for the 8ish months you work, didn’t divide it by 12. Hence using the apples to apples comparison of hourly pay...which is both simple math and analytically factual.
    I’ve relied on simple math and human behavior. Two thing you obviously do not understand.

We pay the least of every state. Every state has a summer break. Your excuses for this abhorrent treatment are absurd. Quit trying to justify the unjustifiable.

Did she pay more than $250 for school supplies this year? I know a ton of teachers who have. But that’s all the tax credit they get.

[QUOTE=SoonerAtty;3740413]

I’ve relied on simple math and human behavior. Two thing you obviously do not understand.

We pay the least of every state. Every state has a summer break. Your excuses for this abhorrent treatment are absurd. Quit trying to justify the unjustifiable.
    Good to see you’ve backed that up with anything.

While we are at it, why don’t you explain how the existence of ISD is different than how funds are allocated in OK?

I mean, you have provided so much other than blustering and your attempt at big words, I’d love to hear your thoughts on it.

I agree with you stinger, okcps and tps are pretty much shit shows. And thanks for being honest on the hours, as you know most people who’s day starts at 8 ends at 5. I’ll agree that there is some “duty” time added, as well as extracurricular activities...but in most cases aren’t those done a rotation, and Conor an every day task?
    I don't know about other teachers, but my wife has "duty" every day - 7:30 - 8 and 3 - 3:30. Also sometimes at lunch.

At her school, "duty" is handled by the "specials" teachers, which means PE, art, music and counselors.

Did she pay more than $250 for school supplies this year? I know a ton of teachers who have. But that’s all the tax credit they get.
    Easily.

[QUOTE=SoonersGiantsMetsThunderBruinsLiverpool;3740 552]

Good to see you’ve backed that up with anything.

While we are at it, why don’t you explain how the existence of ISD is different than how funds are allocated in OK?

I mean, you have provided so much other than blustering and your attempt at big words, I’d love to hear your thoughts on it.
    You’ve said nothing in this thread. You want to punish teachers for the lack of school funding in this state. Like I said before, you should run for the legislature. You’d fit right in.

And your screen name sucks. So there.

Why is SoonerAtty arguing with himself in this thread? Is he practicing his day job?

[QUOTE=SoonerAtty;3740607]

You’ve said nothing in this thread. You want to punish teachers for the lack of school funding in this state. Like I said before, you should run for the legislature. You’d fit right in.

And your screen name sucks. So there.
    Hopefully you are not a contract attorney, or for that matter a criminal defense lawyer. I’m just pointing out the myth that is being pushed which will continue to stagnate education in this state.

But I digress, my kids go to school in Norman, where all middle school and high school students got a free MacBook this year, and us parents happily pay for the classroom supplies. So we seem to be alright overall.

And your screen name is generic and very unoriginal.

Originally Posted by Bruno Gianelli View Post
    Oklahoma should consolidate. But your Jesus loving, gay hating Republican legislators refuse to address that issue.
    And that pisses you off because you're a) Democrat, b) atheist, c) ghey, or d) all of the above?

Originally Posted by ThievingMagpie View Post
    And that pisses you off because you're a) Democrat, b) atheist, c) ghey, or d) all of the above?
    None of the above.

But plenty of morons on this board believe it’s the teachers union or those damned Dems who are keeping administrators employed in school districts of 13 kids. It’s not. It’s your small town/county legislators.
    3 users like Bruno Gianelli's post: J85allen, SoonerKA1999, tycat947

None of the above.

But plenty of morons on this board believe it’s the teachers union or those damned Dems who are keeping administrators employed in school districts of 13 kids. It’s not. It’s your small town/county legislators.
    ----That is what my friends that have been in the legislature say----------Everyone knows Joe Bob or whoever the school superintendent is and don't want to see him lose his job and they also believe if they lose the school they lose the identity of the town
    2 users like REDREX's post: soonergrad, SoonerKA1999

Last edited by REDREX; February 11th, 2018 at 07:05 PM.

The entire basis of this thread is sports so sorry I stayed on topic. Additionally One can easily assume that at the point a 7th grade football team has 90+ kids go out for the team, which was the case last year, the school is too big. But sorry, i don’t give a shit if more kids can fit in the building or technically the classes can be a little bigger but they build a second one anyway. I am curious to know your issue with it though. I have never heard anyone have a complaint with schools splitting, regardless of reason.

The entire basis of this thread is sports so sorry I stayed on topic. Additionally One can easily assume that at the point a 7th grade football team has 90+ kids go out for the team, which was the case last year, the school is too big. But sorry, i don’t give a shit if more kids can fit in the building or technically the classes can be a little bigger but they build a second one anyway. I am curious to know your issue with it though. I have never heard anyone have a complaint with schools splitting, regardless of reason.
    You talking about Yukon?

The following users like this post: SoonerKA1999

Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ----That is what my friends that have been in the legislature say----------Everyone knows Joe Bob or whoever the school superintendent is and don't want to see him lose his job and they also believe if they lose the school they lose the identity of the town
    And the school is the town’s biggest employer. And the rep wants to get re-elected. You don’t do that by eliminating jobs.

Hello McFly! This thread is full of people saying the ratio of administrators / support staff to teachers is too high.

Guess what happens when you split a school - you double the number of administrators and support staff, whereas the number of teachers does not double. Splitting a school makes the situation worse, not better.

There are valid reasons to split schools. Simply to help the football program develop more kids is not one of them. If that happens as a side effect, then that is OK.
    3 users like Stinger_1066's post: Coach, J85allen, SoonerKA1999

Originally Posted by Rockgod View Post
    Over 500 school districts with Suprer's making $100,00 plus. Teachers leaving as fast as they can for higher pay. Oklahoma has the 6th highest administrative expenses in the country and some of the most miserable education results. One of the highest paid state legislatures in the country and they are so dysfunctional that they can only agree on the official state nut,fruit ,or soil. State employees have not had a pay raise in years. 231 county commissioners (WHY?)--it has been that way since horse and buggy days. Now we have a school Super worrying about playing a private school in the athletic playoffs. I think our priorities are just a little out of whack.
    DILLY DILLY! Double Like!

Hello McFly! This thread is full of people saying the ratio of administrators / support staff to teachers is too high.

Guess what happens when you split a school - you double the number of administrators and support staff, whereas the number of teachers does not double. Splitting a school makes the situation worse, not better.

There are valid reasons to split schools. Simply to help the football program develop more kids is not one of them. If that happens as a side effect, then that is OK.
    There are other ways to develop football programs besides splitting schools as well. Yukon for example has four 7th grade teams and four 8th grade teams. They want kids to play. They want kids to succeed. Most schools will offer opportunities to kids who want to work. Some parents get frustrated because little Johnny is struggling to get PT on the 7th grade B team so in that case I suggest they move to a smaller school where there aren't as many kids and the competition isn't as stiff.

The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

Originally Posted by Sooner 1234 View Post
    Again it’s an unfair advantage . It’s not about not being good enough , it’s about not even being on level playing field before the season even starts.

Kind of like before there were scholarship limitations in college football . Are you telling me the wealthy schools didn’t have a HUGE adavantage ?

In the end the best programs with the best players will always be at the top , but they don’t need help doing that , or a HUGE school district in a metro area to pull from.

40 years ago the state on had two classes . Are you telling me that was better ? Adding classes took away the competitiveness ?

College football , nfl ...these are bothe strictly regulated .Its made for BETTER game .

You send your children for private schools for a better education , smaller class sizes , less distractions(discipline issues with other students ) overall a better atmosphere for learning ....I get that .Your child can STILL play sports , they aren’t taking that away , just putting them ina different classification . A class that isn’t regulated like public schools .

Just like you chose to do with your child , pull them out of public education setting / participation ...the OSSAA should do the same with sports . Why is that different ? You don’t need us for an education but you need us for secondary activities ??

That’s not us being sore losers , that’s you being entitled.

You dont have to have to follow the OSSAA rules that are set up for public schools but you think you should get to play us on a field of play to determine a championship ? That’s literally the definition of entitlement.
    You seem to act as if these Private Schools are raking in the stellar athletes in recruiting. I don't see it. Give me one example.. Just one.

Secondly, people pay to send their kids to these schools because the Public Schools in Oklahoma are ****ing horrible. I was moved out of TPS in 3rd grade and my parents scraped by to put me into Monte Cassino. It ain't cheap, but my family was far from living high on the hog. When I got to Monte Cassino in 3rd grade, I was literally 2 grades behind every other student in the class.

As far as your "entitled" statement. Go **** yourself with the broken end of a garden hoe. I worked in the summers to help pay for my tuition at Kelley.

Jenks, Union, Broken Arrow, Bixby, MWC Carl Albert and many more programs have youth football programs that develop kids for their football programs. So do the private schools. But many of you all act like they're destroying teams chances to make it to the playoffs....

ROTFLMAO! Your programs must really suck ass if you're worried about Private schools taking you to the wood shed because they're not as dominant as you think. Private schools don't get multi million dollar bond issues just for a football stadium and indoor training facilities. Their football coaches don't get paid $150k plus. All their revenue comes from donations, ticket sales an sponsorships which 99% of the time are parents of players. Give me a ****ing break if you think private schools hold such an advantage.

But for the record, I'm glad the Blanchard Super got laughed out of the OSSAA meeting. What is interesting, from what I'm hearing from some old teammates of mine, Blanchards current football coach was my Head Football coach at Kelley when I was there. I wonder what his opinions are since he coached at a Private School?
    2 users like SoonerKA1999's post: soonergrad, Stinger_1066

As a Republican who doesn't hate Gay's and isn't a Jesus freak, I 110% agree with you.

EDIT: Clarification Bruno... I agree with you on the school consolidation part. Not your other ignorant rant.
    The following users like this post: J85allen

Last edited by SoonerKA1999; February 13th, 2018 at 08:02 AM.

Damn guys, what does any of this have to do with the OSSAA looking at excluding private schools (which they opted not to do).

Stay on topic please.

This is interesting. Union is putting a $129m bond issue up to vote today to do what??? Renovate their football stadium! They tagged it to a nice little feel good project of improving the fine arts building as well... But I can only imagine where the lion share of that cash is going.

Tell me more about why we need to relegate Private and Magnet schools to their own divisions?

Union Schools Bond Issue

Originally Posted by SoonerKA1999 View Post
    This is interesting. Union is putting a $129m bond issue up to vote today to do what??? Renovate their football stadium! They tagged it to a nice little feel good project of improving the fine arts building as well... But I can only imagine where the lion share of that cash is going.

Tell me more about why we need to relegate Private and Magnet schools to their own divisions?

Union Schools Bond Issue
    To be fair, school districts like Union (BA, Jenks, Edmond, Norman) could give a shit less about where private schools play.

To be fair, school districts like Union (BA, Jenks, Edmond, Norman) could give a shit less about where private schools play.
    OK, but why are they playing against programs that never compete well? Seems to be a similar argument. I mean what Jenks and Union owned 6A for nearly 20 years. What sort of selectivist or collectivist mindset or draconian rules should we impose on them?

Originally Posted by SoonerKA1999 View Post
    OK, but why are they playing against programs that never compete well? Seems to be a similar argument. I mean what Jenks and Union owned 6A for nearly 20 years. What sort of selectivist or collectivist mindset or draconian rules should we impose on them?
    Yeah, that’s not exactly true either. Winning against does not equal playing against “never compete well”

Union Schools Bond Issue

with 3 kids that go union schools yes this bond issue is doing alot of athlethics upgrades. but look at how many bond issues the union school district has passed in recent years to do alot for the kids in education. people that say is all they do is dump money in sports is just ignorant. my dad was a teacher in tps for 30 years and couldnt get shit done. you could pass any bond issue in union because union does a shitload for the kids.
    Last edited by buffalobill989; February 15th, 2018 at 03:50 PM. Reason: sorry quoted wrong post

Originally Posted by buffalobill989 View Post
    with 3 kids that go union schools yes this bond issue is doing alot of athlethics upgrades. but look at how many bond issues the union school district has passed in recent years to do alot for the kids in education. people whi say is all they do is dump money in sports is just ignorant. my dad was a teacher in tps for 30 years and couldnt get shit done. you could pass any bond issue in union because union does a shitload for the kids.
    Yeah, I was defending union in this argument in the fact that this had nothing to do with anything being discussed. KA like to be difficult and use words like draconian to impress people.

Sorry for any confusion.

no problem misunderstood. growing up in tps and having a teacher income in tps i heard alot of shit. tps sucks plain and simple. classes to big no funding. i could go on for ever. but it boils down to the dipshits in okc and the parents that dont give a ****.
    The following users like this post: SoonersGiantsMetsThunderBruinsLiverpool

hey tps parents when a tax thing comes thru for education and you dont vote to pass it it affects the kids