Going to be tough for OU to make tournament now

Posted 11 day(s) ago 3133 Views 103 Replies
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Going to be tough at 6-6 now and with them about to lose the next 2 out of 3 for sure. Man have they been a huge disappointment the 2nd half of the year
    The following users like this post: laxtothemax12

Originally Posted by dabears View Post
    Going to be tough for OU to make tournament now.
    wrong

Might be tough for OU to get a seed higher than 5 in the tournament now.
    right
    2 users like blackfrancois's post: nstinson, tycat947

Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    wrong

right
    You're an idiot. Might not win more than 18 games. That's not tournament worthy
    2 users like laxtothemax12's post: BobStoopsGinger, bsdsooner

OU wins 3 more they are in the tourney....

.500 clubs from Big 12 will be in.
    5 users like soonervegas's post: BobStoopsGinger, BoomSoon2016, No19Sooner, Soonerp, tycat947

Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    You're an idiot. Might not win more than 18 games. That's not tournament worthy
    with wins against usc (away), wsu (away), tech, ku, tcu (2), and baylor, you wanna bet who the real idiot is?

like the ncaa is going to leave trae young out of its tournament?

/bedwetterthread

Two weeks ago I wouldn't have thought it possible.
    But now it's possible.
    OU could win three more. Or they could not win any of them. They way this team is tanking anything is possible. To lose to the worst team in the conference who was without arguably their best player is beyond pathetic.

As Francis said TY is the clincher. If OU is a bubble then they are in just to have TY there. It's all about TV ratings and not who's deserving. We all know that.

As for the early season wins? Yes those help. But they are quickly being canceled out by this pile of shit they are leaving on the floor every week.
    5 users like Boomer6671's post: Bk2X, BobStoopsGinger, Jive Turkey11, JR’s BBQ, OU812

Kruger is an absolutely terrible coach. Two top flight players have kept him above Water since his arrival. He makes me miss Jeff Capel
    4 users like JD Shellnut's post: BobStoopsGinger, bsdsooner, cbsooner, stewy

Originally Posted by Boomer6671 View Post
    To lose to the worst team in the conference ... is beyond pathetic.
    tech lost by 18 in ames.

wvu lost by 16.

remember, we were near the bottom last year, with basically the same team (sans trae).
    2 users like blackfrancois's post: BoomSoon2016, Mad Dog Madsen

Originally Posted by JD Shellnut View Post
    Kruger ... Two top flight players have kept him above Water since his arrival. He makes me miss Jeff Capel
    capel had one too, but he didn't get to the final four with him.

tech lost by 18 in ames.

wvu lost by 16.
    Good for them.

It's not that OU lost. It's HOW they lost and HOW they continue to lose.
    Shit defense, piss poor defensive rebounding, collapsing in the final two minutes and digging holes for themselves out of the gate.

Why does it matter that Texas Tech lost there? Doesn't make a bit of difference to me. Not at all.

Pokes won AT West Virginia. OU lost to WV home and away. So what does that say since we seem to want to compare meaningless shit?

Stop making excuses for Kruger collecting a check.
    2 users like Boomer6671's post: Jive Turkey11, LindaSoundtrak

No comparison.

Take a dead eye guard over a big that can't shoot from outside 5 feet all day long in college. Guards win in the tournament. Not bigs.
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger

Why does it matter that Texas Tech lost there?
    tech is leading the conference. i.e.: they're not "pathetic." nor is wvu.

Pokes won AT West Virginia... So what does that say..?
    pokes are playing better than us right now. they're more well rounded and tougher. and we should have recruited trae's buddy, lindy waters, who hit the game winning 3.

i haven't. reading is hard.

No comparison. Take a dead eye guard over a big that can't shoot from outside 5 feet all day long in college. Guards win in the tournament. Not bigs.
    you don't think blake griffin can shoot?

blake was 12/15 with 14 rebounds and 30 points in the sweet 16 vs syracuse.

he scored 33 over michigan in the game before that.

The following users like this post: nstinson

tech lost by 18 in ames.

wvu lost by 16.

remember, we were near the bottom last year, with basically the same team (sans trae).
    We also got SWEPT by WVU and Tech won @KU and is 8-3 and not 6-6 in conference play

Tell me this folks.

Name a player on this team that is better than when they got here. Talking players that are sophs or higher.
    I can name one. JM. That's it. Of course he had only played ball a couple years prior to getting here so it's not hard to imagine some improvement.
    The rest:
    McGusty. No. You could really see his talent during his frosh year. But now?
    Shep. No.
    Lattin. No.
    Doo. No. See McGusty.
    James. No. See McGusty AGAIN.

So WTF is this staff doing?
    4 users like Boomer6671's post: laxtothemax12, LindaSoundtrak, OU812, Soonerfan65

Blake has developed range but at OU i don’t remember him shooing much outside of 12-15 feet

Good for them.

It's not that OU lost. It's HOW they lost and HOW they continue to lose.
    Shit defense, piss poor defensive rebounding, collapsing in the final two minutes and digging holes for themselves out of the gate.

Why does it matter that Texas Tech lost there? Doesn't make a bit of difference to me. Not at all.

Pokes won AT West Virginia. OU lost to WV home and away. So what does that say since we seem to want to compare meaningless shit?

He's one of the new board idiots that posts 50 times a day. Take him with a grain of salt. He's like 87, but dumber.

Blake bullied his way around the basket.
    Outside of 5 feet he had nothing.
    Don't act like he was draining 15 footers all night.

Originally Posted by No19Sooner View Post
    He's one of the new board idiots that 50 posts a day. Take him with a grain of salt. He's like 87, but dumber.
    Blake bullied his way around the basket.
    Outside of 5 feet he had nothing. Don't act like he was draining 15 footers all night.
    "blake griffin can't shoot! bigs can't win tournament games!

"no comparison!"

"blake griffin can't shoot! bigs can't win tournament games!

"no comparison!"

" reading is hard."

"no comparison!"

reading is hard.

reading is hard.
    betcha every sooner fan in the nation would accept trae scoring 91 points over the first three games of the tournament in winning efforts ... like blake did.

"no comparison" is probably right.

Going to be hard to find 68 teams this year

UK fans say they aren't making the tournament. OU fans say they aren't. WVU fans say they aren't. UNC fans think they're on the bubble. Etc. etc.
    2 users like chsguy2013's post: Ashtondj88, blackfrancois

betcha every sooner fan in the nation would accept trae scoring 91 points over the first three games of the tournament in winning efforts ... like blake did.

"no comparison" is probably right.

If TY has to average 30 OU won't make it past the first weekend.

And give Barry a break. His neck is sore.

Easiest 12-5 pick of all time
    3 users like AppalachianSooner's post: Ashtondj88, laxtothemax12, MinnesotaSooner

Tell me this folks.

Name a player on this team that is better than when they got here. Talking players that are sophs or higher.
    I can name one. JM. That's it. Of course he had only played ball a couple years prior to getting here so it's not hard to imagine some improvement.
    The rest:
    McGusty. No. You could really see his talent during his frosh year. But now?
    Shep. No.
    Lattin. No.
    Doo. No. See McGusty.
    James. No. See McGusty AGAIN.

So WTF is this staff doing?
    I think James has progressed. My 2 cent analysis is we have a bunch of sophs with their dobbers down because Trae is the man. Better a 12 win alpha and a 25 win beta for some.
    The following users like this post: Boomer6671

Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    Blake has developed range but at OU i don’t remember him shooing much outside of 12-15 feet
    Why should he have shot 15 footers at OU when he could get his shot nearly every time at close range. The NBA is different but at OU Blake did not need to shoot outside because he was so dominant inside.

We just did not have good enough outside shooters to go along with Blake to make the final four and even then we came close.

My guess is they will want Trae Young in the tournament just for the eyeballs. But this is not a tournament team right now.

. Tougher road with Blake. Look what happened against Villanova once they made the final four

“We'll be OK,” Young said. “I'm not too worried.”

Originally Posted by JD Shellnut View Post
    Tougher road with Blake. Look what happened against Villanova once they made the final four
    what? that was buddy.

both teams lost to the eventual champion.

I don't think we make the tourney now. We probably win 1 or 2 more and finish with a losing conference record in a sucky conference.

Originally Posted by Soonerstan View Post
    I don't think we make the tourney now. We probably win 1 or 2 more and finish with a losing conference record in a sucky conference.
    Yeah this conference sucks so bad it’s the only one in the country where every team has a winning record.
    2 users like Blacksheep 171's post: blackfrancois, JR’s BBQ

what? that was buddy.

both teams lost to the eventual champion.
    OU has lost to the eventual champion 4 out of last 5 times they have been to Elite 8 or better.
    2 users like soonervegas's post: blackfrancois, BobStoopsGinger

the dumbazz family has many branches..

Originally Posted by chsguy2013 View Post
    Going to be hard to find 68 teams this year

UK fans say they aren't making the tournament. OU fans say they aren't. WVU fans say they aren't. UNC fans think they're on the bubble. Etc. etc.
    Unc fans do not say they’re on the Bubble. Lol, come on. They beat Ohio State, Tennessee, and now Duke. WVU is fine too. OU on the other hand. I dunno.

Originally Posted by AppalachianSooner View Post
    Easiest 12-5 pick of all time
    You mean OU as a 12 seed? Cause we ain’t getting a 5 unless we go like 5-1 or run the table lol

I guess neither is Kentucky, WVU, Seton Hall, etc. etc. None of those are tournament teams. Tournament is just going to be played with 16 teams
    The following users like this post: blackfrancois

Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    Unc fans do not say they’re on the Bubble. Lol, come on. They beat Ohio State, Tennessee, and now Duke. WVU is fine too. OU on the other hand. I dunno.
    UNC, before the last 3 games, was on a 3 game losing streak, with losses to NC State at home, VT, and Clemson.

Their current record is 19-7 compared to our 16-8. UNC fans were freaking out 3 games ago about not being ranked anymore in the top 25.

WVU is 18-7, losing 6 of their last 9. So if OU is in trouble for losing 6 of their last 8, WVU is in trouble for losing 6 of their last 9, including a home loss to an unranked team

Two things need to happen. First of all it's time Trae Young come out firing from the tip again. Go ahead and launch any 30ft shot they leave open. Make this THE threat of the offense again. We played better when Trae was launching from anywhere inside the gym. Next thing is McGusty and Doolittle need to start slashing around the basket along with James way more than we see. They need to figure it out real quick or else as good as the first half of the season was... the season will end disastrously. If this team finishes behind 3rd place, which is likely to happen, it will be a very disappointing season imo.

I just cannot figure out why Doolittle and McGusty can't get it going. Manek needs to stop trying to dribble penetrate. Odomes and James aren't enough. Doo or McGusty have to start contributing.

UNC, before the last 3 games, was on a 3 game losing streak, with losses to NC State at home, VT, and Clemson.

Their current record is 19-7 compared to our 16-8. UNC fans were freaking out 3 games ago about not being ranked anymore in the top 25.

WVU is 18-7, losing 6 of their last 9. So if OU is in trouble for losing 6 of their last 8, WVU is in trouble for losing 6 of their last 9, including a home loss to an unranked team
    And NC State is a Tourney team. And they beat them today. Unc and their fans are not worried. WVU is in because they’ve beat us twice. Not sure their OOC wins, but they should be fine. We’re in now, but looking down the road, now sure we will still be in. Because I don’t expect many wins with the lack of people helping Young.

We'll get in the NIT for sure, dude. Chill....

Regardless, of the shit that's being thrown at the walls, its not going to stick. Some of the comparisons are more than a little off. OU might not win another game. I'm not calling it, I'm just saying its looking like it could go that way. Trae has been figured out and he has zero help. All of these gross analogies are simply that. Let's be realistic!

I could see them putting OU in, even with only 18-19 wins. However, it will be a short stay when OU is **** slapped by anyone they play. If OU happens to sneak in, they’ll be a 9-11 seed and lose in the first round. This team is so soft, they’ll get pushed aside easily.

Originally Posted by mexican/ninja View Post
    We'll get in the NIT for sure, dude. Chill....
    I doubt OU has what it takes to win a first round game in the NIT. OU would have 6000 fans there with little or no interest just like the team.

Regardless, of the shit that's being thrown at the walls, its not going to stick. Some of the comparisons are more than a little off. OU might not win another game. I'm not calling it, I'm just saying its looking like it could go that way. Trae has been figured out and he has zero help. All of these gross analogies are simply that. Let's be realistic!
    Teams just have figured out how to beat OU. Take the ball out of one of the best PG’s in CBB history. And put it in the hands of a bunch of guys that “led” OU to a total of 11 wins. It’s common sense, really. Took Coaches a while, but they got it down now. If Trae’s not hitting insane shots, we’re not gonna win.
    2 users like BobStoopsGinger's post: No19Sooner, Soonerfan65

Teams just have figured out how to beat OU. Take the ball out of one of the best PG’s in CBB history. And put it in the hands of a bunch of guys that “led” OU to a total of 11 wins. It’s common sense, really. Took Coaches a while, but they got it down now. If Trae’s not hitting insane shots, we’re not gonna win.
    You nailed it!

Originally Posted by soonervegas View Post
    I think James has progressed. My 2 cent analysis is we have a bunch of sophs with their dobbers down because Trae is the man. Better a 12 win alpha and a 25 win beta for some.
    I agree with this assessment and I think it has to be a large part of the reason some of these guys seem to have regressed so much. It's unfortunate but if I were any of them at the end of the game today I would've been annoyed. The last 3 possessions when it still mattered were 1.) Trae throwing up a contested 30 footer 5 seconds into the shot clock 2.) Trae throwing up another 30 footer 5 seconds into the shot clock 3.) Trae driving out of control and turning the ball over.

I realize he's our best player but I don't care who you are after awhile that is going to kill your team spirit.
    2 users like SoonerInKS's post: Soonerjeepman, stewy

And NC State is a Tourney team. And they beat them today. Unc and their fans are not worried. WVU is in because they’ve beat us twice. Not sure their OOC wins, but they should be fine. We’re in now, but looking down the road, now sure we will still be in. Because I don’t expect many wins with the lack of people helping Young.

If we aren't a tournament team, then WVU beating us twice means absolutely nothing. And to help clarify on your OOC, WVU played a very poor OOC. Reality is, a lot of teams that people "thought" were good, aren't playing well. WVU, UK, OU, Seton Hall, etc. They all don't look good. KU isn't doing as bad as us, but they sure as hell aren't the #10 team in the country, and aren't a top 16 team either

Yeah, your post is a little ironic by say throwing shit at the wall and then saying "OU might not win another game"

That's beyond throwing shit at a wall. Reality is, all those teams have struggled, including WVU who is STILL struggling like us.
    The following users like this post: blackfrancois

If we aren't a tournament team, then WVU beating us twice means absolutely nothing. And to help clarify on your OOC, WVU played a very poor OOC. Reality is, a lot of teams that people "thought" were good, aren't playing well. WVU, UK, OU, Seton Hall, etc. They all don't look good. KU isn't doing as bad as us, but they sure as hell aren't the #10 team in the country, and aren't a top 16 team either

Yeah, your post is a little ironic by say throwing shit at the wall and then saying "OU might not win another game"

That's beyond throwing shit at a wall. Reality is, all those teams have struggled, including WVU who is STILL struggling like us.
    You're throwing shit against the wall, buddy. Its not gonna stick in font, it has to happen in real time on the basketball court. Analogies prove nothing at this point. I think OU is in serious disarray. We can banter back and forth all night, but nothing will come out of it until we see results.