Committee Top 16 revealed

Posted 14 day(s) ago 1592 Views 72 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 73
Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. #1

    Committee Top 16 revealed

    OU is a 4 seed, the #16 team



    1. Virginia
    2. Villanova
    3. Xavier
    4. Purdue
    5. Auburn
    6. Kansas
    7. Duke
    8. Cincy
    9. Clemson
    10. Texas Tech
    11. Michigan State
    12. North Carolina
    13. Tennessee
    14. Ohio State
    15. Arizona
    16. Oklahoma
    2 users like chsguy2013's post: BobStoopsGinger, lonetreebill


  2. #2
    Oh my college bball now has this pre-tournament committee too? How long has this been going on?
    The following users like this post: Ashtondj88


  3. #3
    Originally Posted by chsguy2013 View Post
    OU is a 4 seed, the #16 team



    1. Virginia
    2. Villanova
    3. Xavier
    4. Purdue
    5. Auburn
    6. Kansas
    7. Duke
    8. Cincy
    9. Clemson
    10. Texas Tech
    11. Michigan State
    12. North Carolina
    13. Tennessee
    14. Ohio State
    15. Arizona
    16. Oklahoma
    2 users like gratefulRed's post: Ashtondj88, laxtothemax12


  4. #4
    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Oh my college bball now has this pre-tournament committee too? How long has this been going on?
    Started last year. Only do it once before the actual reveal. It came because of CFP.
    2 users like chsguy2013's post: BobStoopsGinger, No19Sooner


  5. #5
    northspeter's Avatar
    Posts
    9,137
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tulsa area

    The good wins outweigh the mediocre/bad losses... Still need to be around .500 in the league though, to stay out of the 7,8,9,10 seeds... Nobody else in that range will have the wins that we do...

    Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk
    3 users like northspeter's post: BobStoopsGinger, CrimsonOberon, laxtothemax12


  6. #6
    I keep forgetting the fact we've beaten Taco Tech & Kansas. Which is insanity when you think about it. With all the losses recently. Could you imagine if we somehow beat Taco Tech again, and Kansas again? That would be hilarious. Don't see it happening, but it would be pretty funny.

  7. #7
    i read it's going to be tough for OU to make the tournament now.

    and if you think differently ...

    Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    You're an idiot.
    4 users like blackfrancois's post: 87sooner, BOOMER10, CrimsonOberon, Keef


  8. #8
    Boomer6671's Avatar
    Posts
    7,473
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas City

    So Tech has won six straight. Beat KU by 12 at KU. Is in sole possession of first in the conference.
    And is 4 spots behind KU.

    Makes sense.

    Committee is a joke.
    3 users like Boomer6671's post: laxtothemax12, nstinson, Soonerjeepman


  9. #9
    Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    I keep forgetting the fact we've beaten Taco Tech & Kansas. Which is insanity when you think about it. With all the losses recently. Could you imagine if we somehow beat Taco Tech again, and Kansas again? That would be hilarious. Don't see it happening, but it would be pretty funny.
    As ****ed up as this year has been, I think we could beat Texas Tech Tuesday. It’s a mix of their slow play, not being extremely tall, etc.

    Also, the main reason, big 12 voodoo. It’s this time of the year where KU goes on their run. KU has a tough next 4 games, and it wouldn’t shock me if they went 4-0 because of that voodoo. They have at ISU, vs WVU, vs OU, at TTU. They SHOULD lose AT LEAST 1, but because g 12 voodoo would have them go 4-0. Meanwhile, it’s at this point that any team ahead of KU loses games they shouldn’t, which means Tech will likely drop at least 1 vs us,Ok state, or KSU.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Boomer6671 View Post
    So Tech has won six straight. Beat KU by 12 at KU. Is in sole possession of first in the conference.
    And is 4 spots behind KU.

    Makes sense.

    Committee is a joke.



    Based on resume, rather than recent results.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by chsguy2013 View Post
    As ****ed up as this year has been, I think we could beat Texas Tech Tuesday. It’s a mix of their slow play, not being extremely tall, etc.

    Also, the main reason, big 12 voodoo. It’s this time of the year where KU goes on their run. KU has a tough next 4 games, and it wouldn’t shock me if they went 4-0 because of that voodoo. They have at ISU, vs WVU, vs OU, at TTU. They SHOULD lose AT LEAST 1, but because g 12 voodoo would have them go 4-0. Meanwhile, it’s at this point that any team ahead of KU loses games they shouldn’t, which means Tech will likely drop at least 1 vs us,Ok state, or KSU.
    lol...so true.

    I'm surprised they have OU at #16. Yes there have been a lot of losses this year by ranked teams...
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger


  12. #12
    Boomer6671's Avatar
    Posts
    7,473
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas City

    Originally Posted by chsguy2013 View Post
    Based on resume, rather than recent results.
    No. It's based on Kansas.
    2 users like Boomer6671's post: laxtothemax12, TheBoots


  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Boomer6671 View Post
    No. It's based on Kansas.
    So TTU has a better resume than KU? In what respects?

    I'll even save you the trouble of having to look up the numbers


    KU: 7th in RPI, 1st in SOS, 8th in the computer average, 7.67 in a computer + RPI/KPI/SOR average, 9-4 vs Q1, 5-1 vs Q2, 3-1 vs Q3

    Texas Tech: 12th in RPI, 60th in SOS, 10.67 in the computer average, 10.33 in computers + RPI/KPI/SOR average, 4-3 vs Q1, 7-0 vs Q2, 3-0 vs Q3

    So yes, go ahead, tell me how Texas Tech has a better resume than KU
    2 users like chsguy2013's post: blackfrancois, Malicong


  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    lol...so true.

    I'm surprised they have OU at #16. Yes there have been a lot of losses this year by ranked teams...
    I'm surprised as well. It's the SOS that's saving us. Honestly, probably would have given Gonzaga the nod. But resume wise, OU would still be a 5 seed without that #16 spot. It's not like others who claim they won't make the tournament.

  15. #15
    Boomer6671's Avatar
    Posts
    7,473
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kansas City

    Originally Posted by chsguy2013 View Post
    So TTU has a better resume than KU? In what respects?

    I'll even save you the trouble of having to look up the numbers


    KU: 7th in RPI, 1st in SOS, 8th in the computer average, 7.67 in a computer + RPI/KPI/SOR average, 9-4 vs Q1, 5-1 vs Q2, 3-1 vs Q3

    Texas Tech: 12th in RPI, 60th in SOS, 10.67 in the computer average, 10.33 in computers + RPI/KPI/SOR average, 4-3 vs Q1, 7-0 vs Q2, 3-0 vs Q3

    So yes, go ahead, tell me how Texas Tech has a better resume than KU
    We can agree to disagree.

    If those resumes were reversed they'd still have KU in front and make their narrative fit what they want the order to be.
    It's how these committees work. Same with football.

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by Boomer6671 View Post
    We can agree to disagree.

    If those resumes were reversed they'd still have KU in front and make their narrative fit what they want the order to be.
    It's how these committees work. Same with football.
    Disagree with that, especially for a top 16 reveal. If they truly wanted a narrative, they would have put UK in over OU, and would have put Duke #5 instead of Auburn. They also would have given Michigan State a 1 seed, not a 3 seed because they are Michigan State. Reality is, like most years, Texas Tech plays a garbage non conference schedule. Same happened this year. Michigan State played a shitty non conference, and the B1G sucks this year outside the top 4, so they are being punished for that.

  17. #17
    Let me see:

    Oklahoma - 1 and done
    Georgetown - NIT
    UCLA - 1 and done
    UNLV - 1 and done
    UH - NIT

    Should be an exciting tourney for me
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger


  18. #18
    Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    Let me see:

    Oklahoma - 1 and done
    Georgetown - NIT
    UCLA - 1 and done
    UNLV - 1 and done
    UH - NIT

    Should be an exciting tourney for me
    Gtown making the NIT? Also, UH has a shot at the tourney.

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    lol...so true.

    I'm surprised they have OU at #16. Yes there have been a lot of losses this year by ranked teams...
    Just imagine that OU team from 2015-2016 against this crop of teams. I think we easily get to the Final Four that year, and maybe the Championship. No true GREAT team right now. A lot of good teams, no great teams. And that OU team in 2015 was great.

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by chsguy2013 View Post
    Gtown making the NIT? Also, UH has a shot at the tourney.
    Name alone

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    Just imagine that OU team from 2015-2016 against this crop of teams. I think we easily get to the Final Four that year, and maybe the Championship. No true GREAT team right now. A lot of good teams, no great teams. And that OU team in 2015 was great.
    Also those two teams played defense.

  22. #22
    mexican/ninja's Avatar
    Posts
    22,831
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Trumpland

    Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    Let me see:

    Oklahoma - 1 and done
    Georgetown - NIT
    UCLA - 1 and done
    UNLV - 1 and done
    UH - NIT

    Should be an exciting tourney for me
    OU should win both home NIT games so I'll go 2-1...

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    i read it's going to be tough for OU to make the tournament now.

    and if you think differently ...
    OU has lost 6 of their last 8 and on pace to lose much more of they don’t get their act together. I’m surprised the committee has them this high but I’ll take it. Won’t be there for long if we keep losing tho

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    OU has lost 6 of their last 8 and on pace to lose much more of they don’t get their act together. I’m surprised the committee has them this high but I’ll take it. Won’t be there for long if we keep losing tho
    how can we "get our act together" if we have div 2 talent?
    3 users like 87sooner's post: chsguy2013, nstinson, TheBoots


  25. #25
    Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    OU has lost 6 of their last 8 and on pace to lose much more of they don’t get their act together. I’m surprised the committee has them this high but I’ll take it. Won’t be there for long if we keep losing tho
      Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    You're an idiot.
    The following users like this post: chsguy2013


  26. #26
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    how can we "get our act together" if we have div 2 talent?
    Ha, we all know we have a ton of Lottery talent on this squad. DUH!!!
    The following users like this post: laxtothemax12


  27. #27
    We are going to end up in a proverbial crazy 5-12 match-up against Kelvin Sampson and Houston in Dallas in a Prime-time slot. That is how the committee thinks.
    The following users like this post: IndySooner


  28. #28
    Originally Posted by soonerinagoodway View Post
    We are going to end up in a proverbial crazy 5-12 match-up against Kelvin Sampson...
    kinda cool he has at least four sooners on his staff, including kellen (his son), quannas white, and hollis price.

  29. #29
    Live look in at the selection meeting....

    5 users like soonervegas's post: Ashtondj88, BobStoopsGinger, JR’s BBQ, laxtothemax12, TheBoots


  30. #30
    bsdsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    2,868
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Richmond, TX

    Is this the top 16 for THIS year? Because this list actually makes no sense. It’s like they either did this a few weeks ago or they haven’t been watching games. And it’s not just OU. None of these make much sense.
    The following users like this post: laxtothemax12


  31. #31
    Originally Posted by bsdsooner View Post
    Is this the top 16 for THIS year? Because this list actually makes no sense. It’s like they either did this a few weeks ago or they haven’t been watching games. And it’s not just OU. None of these make much sense.
    does "bsd" stand for big stupid dumbazz?
    cuz if it didn't before....it will now...

  32. #32
    Originally Posted by bsdsooner View Post
    Is this the top 16 for THIS year? Because this list actually makes no sense. It’s like they either did this a few weeks ago or they haven’t been watching games. And it’s not just OU. None of these make much sense.
    Please give us your top 16 based on resume
    The following users like this post: blackfrancois


  33. #33
    Originally Posted by bsdsooner View Post
    Is this the top 16 for THIS year? Because this list actually makes no sense. It’s like they either did this a few weeks ago or they haven’t been watching games. And it’s not just OU. None of these make much sense.

    Dallass cowboy fan eh? Welcome....

  34. #34
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    how can we "get our act together" if we have div 2 talent?
    You tell me my guy. You keep justifying Lon and the talent as top 10 talent. Well when do we win our next road game? TTU?

  35. #35
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    does "bsd" stand for big stupid dumbazz?
    cuz if it didn't before....it will now...
    Has anyone ever told you how to spell the word ‘dumbass’ correctly??
    The following users like this post: BobStoopsGinger


  36. #36
    Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    You tell me my guy. You keep justifying Lon and the talent as top 10 talent. Well when do we win our next road game? TTU?
    no...you tell me...
    you and your band of dumbazzes keep crying about how we have no talent......and how lon is a terrible coach ......yet you expect to win every game......
    makes no sense...

  37. #37
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    no...you tell me...
    you and your band of dumbazzes keep crying about how we have no talent......and how lon is a terrible coach ......yet you expect to win every game......
    makes no sense...
    Izza combination of that plus we keep hearing from you, chs, and black-frenchy how LOADED we are with NBA talent and 2 deep at every position like we're the Alabama D-line of college basketball. It's also the way the have been losing. Lead for 36 minutes at UT and then choke. Up 3 @OSU and let Mitchell Solomon get a steal and also give up late 3. Also man what. is. up. with your fetish for ellipses man??

  38. #38
    Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    Izza combination of that plus we keep hearing from you, chs, and black-frenchy how LOADED we are with NBA talent and 2 deep at every position like we're the Alabama D-line of college basketball. It's also the way the have been losing. Lead for 36 minutes at UT and then choke. Up 3 @OSU and let Mitchell Solomon get a steal and also give up late 3. Also man what. is. up. with your fetish for ellipses man??
    To be fair, CHS and BF don’t say we’re loaded with NBA talent. That’s just 87.
    The following users like this post: laxtothemax12


  39. #39
    Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    To be fair, CHS and BF don’t say we’re loaded with NBA talent. That’s just 87.
    Yep. Only Trae is NBA talent. The rest aren't, at least, I haven't seen anything that says they are, not last year, not this year. Maybe overseas, but not NBA. Said this last year as well, when 87 tried to say we had more NBA talent than KU.
    3 users like chsguy2013's post: BobStoopsGinger, laxtothemax12, Soonerjeepman


  40. #40
    Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    To be fair, CHS and BF don’t say we’re loaded with NBA talent. That’s just 87.
    to be fair....no one has said we're loaded with nba talent you lying pos...

  41. #41
    Originally Posted by laxtothemax12 View Post
    Izza combination of that plus we keep hearing from you, chs, and black-frenchy how LOADED we are with NBA talent and 2 deep at every position like we're the Alabama D-line of college basketball. It's also the way the have been losing. Lead for 36 minutes at UT and then choke. Up 3 @OSU and let Mitchell Solomon get a steal and also give up late 3. Also man what. is. up. with your fetish for ellipses man??
    sorry dumbazz.....don't blame your stupidity on anyone else...

  42. #42
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    to be fair....no one has said we're loaded with nba talent you lying pos...
    You did last year dip shit. See CHS’s post above.

  43. #43
    Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    You did last year dip shit. See CHS’s post above.
    keep lying.....and crying.....

  44. #44
    Originally Posted by BobStoopsGinger View Post
    You did last year dip shit. See CHS’s post above.
    Here's one

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    james has more skills/talent than buddy......all he needs is experience and a green light...
    james/odomes/doolittle bring a talent upgrade over buddy/cousins/spangler..

    wrt depth.....mcgusty/freeman/mcneace are talented and skilled.....again...just need experience..

    the ceiling for this group is very high...
    they'll be much better at the end of the season than at the beginning...
    this will be a very exciting era of ou basketball...


    Remember, this was before the season last year when 87 said this... Unfortunately, it looks like they keep deleting all the old game threads (or I have no clue how to find them), where 87 talked so much about how talented McGusty, Doolittle, etc. were.
    2 users like chsguy2013's post: BobStoopsGinger, laxtothemax12


  45. #45
    Originally Posted by chsguy2013 View Post
    Here's one



    Remember, this was before the season last year when 87 said this... Unfortunately, it looks like they keep deleting all the old game threads, where 87 talked so much about how talented McGusty, Doolittle, etc. were.

    keep lying dumbazz......no threads have been deleted....

  46. #46
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    keep lying dumbazz......no threads have been deleted....
    FWIW, earlier today, there was only 1 page for the basketball thread. It has since then been restored.


    But you ignore your quotes there, where you talk about talent.


    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    firstly.....james does have more skills than buddy......
    you probly don't know what that means ....but buddy had no shot at the nba until he turned himself into a 3pt shooter in his final season.....
    that's all he can do....

    secondly.....i don't know if i said "would be" better than buddy......or "could be"....
    but if you'll review your junior high english/grammar rules......both are something called "future tense" verbs....

    James has more skills. "Future tense" but remember, 87 doesn't predict the future, except when he does.


    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    finish about 3rd in the conference...
    win one game in the tournament....sweet 16 would be a very good season....
    we have the talent to do that....just a matter of gaining experience...

    spangler was pretty good when he was hitting 3's....
    when he stopped....he didn't have many good games in the last half of the season...
    hopefully one of buford/doolittle/freeman steps up and fills spanglers spot.....they are all more athletic and more talented/skilled.....doolittle really sounds promising from early reports

    cousins does not suck......but he just didn't have the skills to play pg effectively.....he would have been a better wing.....but he did what kruger asked of him...

    really excited this year to see the new players.....
    kruger has really upgraded the talent level across the board...
    odomes/james/mcgusty are 3 of the best guards we've ever had...
    we really need mcneace/freeman/doolittle/buford to step up and help lattin in the paint...
    Odomes/James/McGusty are the 3 best guards we've EVER had!

    Buford, Doolittle, and Freeman are ALL more TALENTED than Spangler

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    cousins turned the ball over because he was a wing playing pg....

    players as bad as you dumbazzes are describing don't get drafted in the second round....
    i am 100% certain lon would disagree vehemently with you...

    it's amazing we got to the final 4 with 2 starters that terrible at basketball....

    all that said.....i am happy our talent level is going up...
    james/odomes/mcgusty may be the best 3 guards we've ever had at one time....
    freeman/doolittle will likely be a big upgrade in talent as well...

    Same thing, although you added the qualifier "may be" instead of just "are"

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    his team got beat by a more talented team....
    WVU last year got beat by a more talented team

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    mcgusty played like a future pro last nite...
    did you hear fran say jamuni will get paid?
    wait'll he sees freeman blossom...
    wait till odomes fixes his 3pt shot...
    it's starting to come together...
    beating a top 10 team on the road is no easy task.....

    it's just a shame baylor and ku already came to town...
    McGusty like a future pro. It's starting to come together

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    i have been right the whole time....
    i've always said this team is very talented....and we'll be much better in march and november...
    you should sthu and watch and learn...

    Last year's team VERY TALENTED!

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    we don't need any more or different parts......we have all the parts necessary...
    we just need them to play better...
    shepard is probly the best pg since aj......which isn't saying much.......but he's pretty good......he tries to do too much at times tho...
    james/odomes/mcgusty just need to slow down......don't force things....take (and make) open shots....
    same for doolittle/freeman...
    lattin/mcneace need to get the ball more .....and play better defense.....and maybe not try to block every shot......
    Shep is the best PG since AJ, he's PRETTY GOOD

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    so you're now agreeing with me that mcgusty has nba potential?
    McGusty has NBA Potential guys



    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    doolittle and mcgusty are looking like future first round picks....
    they'll have plenty of help from the others...
    lattin/mcneace/freeman/odomes/james will all be better next year.....
    throw in young and we'll be alright....

    Doolittle and McGusty are FUTURE FIRST ROUND PICKS!
    3 users like chsguy2013's post: BobStoopsGinger, JR’s BBQ, Keef


  47. #47
    I'll keep going, because these are just hilarious


    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    mcgusty has all the tools to play 2 guard in the nba.....
    he is better than buddy was at this point in their careers...
    i have little doubt mcgusty will be a first rounder...

    doolittle has more work to do....
    physically he will have to earn his money on the perimeter in the nba.....
    he can shoot the 3 and he has a pretty good midrange game....
    ball handling and defense will determine whether he can make it at the next level......
    he'll have to work hard but i think he can get there...
    hell...i think i'd take him over roberson right now....
    McGusty was better than Hield was, no doubt he's a future 1st round pick.


    Doolittle needs work, but you'd take him over Roberson. YOU'D TAKE DOOLITTLE OVER A STARTING NBA SG!


    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    ku is more experienced than we are......but theiroverall talent in the starting 5 isn't much better than ours....
    jackson is the only one that will play in the nba...
    KU isn't much better in talent than OU LAST YEAR!


    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    beyond jackson....i wouldn't trade mcgusty for anyone on the ku roster.....same for doolittle.....same for odomes....same for mcneace
    i think mcgusty was a higher ranked recruit than anyone ku has except jackson and bragg.....and bragg has been nothing special

    lucas and mykhailiuk are nothing special....at all
    mason and graham are really good 4 year players that won't play in the nba...
    none of their bench players had more than 2 pts against us...

    i'm sure they're getting some highly rated recruits for next year.....but this year and last....they were not setting any bars for the ncaa talentwise...

    bragg was the super talented/explosive player who jammed the ball into the front of the rim on the fast break...

    Wouldn't trade McGusty for anyone on KU last year. Nor Doolittle, nor Odomes, Mason will never play in the NBA (He has, I know, shocking).
    2 users like chsguy2013's post: BobStoopsGinger, JR’s BBQ


  48. #48
    You girls on your periods?
    2 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: IndySooner, laxtothemax12


  49. #49
    Originally Posted by chsguy2013 View Post
    I'll keep going, because these are just hilarious




    McGusty was better than Hield was, no doubt he's a future 1st round pick.


    Doolittle needs work, but you'd take him over Roberson. YOU'D TAKE DOOLITTLE OVER A STARTING NBA SG!




    KU isn't much better in talent than OU LAST YEAR!





    Wouldn't trade McGusty for anyone on KU last year. Nor Doolittle, nor Odomes, Mason will never play in the NBA (He has, I know, shocking).
    Bruh, this dude said he wouldn't trade McGusty, Odomes, , Dolittle, and McNeace for anyone on KU's roster? I just can't.

    I would take those four ****s for Lightfoot, Azubukie, Vick, and one of the Lawson brothers. Yes, two of those players have been so bad I would take a chance at a Lawson brother next year over having Dolittle or McGusty actually play.

  50. #50
    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    keep lying.....and crying.....
    See CHS posts. No need to lie, when clearly I was telling the truth. Just go ahead and stop posting for a while. You look even more stupid now.

Similar Threads

  1. Tupac Shakur's last words revealed
    By BoomerSooner2578 in forum The Pub
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 30th, 2014, 12:37 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 13th, 2014, 09:10 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 13th, 2014, 04:50 PM

Tags for this Thread