Measles in Norman

Posted 6 day(s) ago 753 Views 27 Replies

Landry Jones Measles in Norman

The health department advised people to call if they visited the following locations at times when they could have been exposed:

Norman Pediatrics, 808 Wall St., 9:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Feb. 2, or 11:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Feb. 6.

Chuck E Cheese's, 2201 Interstate Drive, 12:45 to 3:30 p.m. Feb. 3.

Norman Regional HealthPlex, 3300 HealthPlex Parkway, 12:25 to 3:30 p.m. Feb. 6. The virus could have spread in outpatient registration, the emergency room waiting area and the laboratory collection area, so members of the public who visited those areas should watch for symptoms.
    http://newsok.com/article/5583147?ut...ign=NICTwitter
    The following users like this post: OU48A

Originally Posted by 1stTimeCaller View Post
    Vaccinate your kids, dirty hippies.
    Man, please dont lump anti vaxers in with dirty hippies.
    3 users like beelzeBob's post: 1stTimeCaller, oucub23, SoonerSteve

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    Man, please dont lump anti vaxers in with dirty hippies.
    Yea, dirty hippies aren't bad people.

Vaccinate your kids, dirty hippies.
    Why vaccinate? Take you kid over to play with measles kid. It worked for your grandparents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaccinate your kids, dumb ****s.

fify...!!

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Yea, dirty hippies aren't bad people.
    You serious Clark?

Originally Posted by Hallucinogenic_Toreador View Post
    You serious Clark?
    Dirty hippies are good people. Anti-vacc people are Darwin award stupid. My issue is we're getting caught in their undertow.
    2 users like oucub23's post: Bruno Gianelli, mgsooner

Dirty hippies are good people. Anti-vacc people are Darwin award stupid. My issue is we're getting caught in their undertow.
    My wife and I stopped vaccinating our kids after they developed problems. Thanks for the compliment though.

Glad they made it to Chuck E. Cheese knowing they were sick with something....
    The following users like this post: RIDESHY

Originally Posted by SoonersGiantsMetsThunderBruinsLiverpool View Post
    Boss: Johnson, grab a rag and some disinfectant and follow me.

Johnson: What are we doing sir?

Boss: I want all 4,000 balls in the ball pit sterilized by close.
    4 users like kingswitz's post: ChocoLab, Clark W. Griswold, Imca17, Petro-Sooner

Originally Posted by SoonersGiantsMetsThunderBruinsLiverpool View Post
    Around six months or so ago we took the kids to a birthday party at one of those bounce places and at the end when all the kids sat down to eat one of our daughters was sitting right next to this little girl that absolutely sounded like she was about to hack up a lung. 30 year smoker level coughing. I really thought about going over and, in front of everyone, telling my daughter to move to a different spot. I did not, and it was a mistake. My daughter had a cough for a solid month after that. I told her if she ever again finds herself seated next to someone that sounds near death to please, PLEASE get up and move.

TL;DR - people are stupid and inconsiderate
    The following users like this post: SoonersGiantsMetsThunderBruinsLiverpool

Originally Posted by SoonerSteve View Post
    Why vaccinate? Take you kid over to play with measles kid. It worked for your grandparents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you thinking of chicken pox?
    The following users like this post: OUDoc

Quick, all of you anti-vaxxers grab your kids and take them to Norman so they can be exposed to disease the "natural" way and prove to us sane people how wrong we are for vaccinating our kids. What's that? Yeah that's what I ****ing thought you stupid ****s.

There is no reason not to vaccinate your children. None.
    I just don't understand why people continue to believe social media over medical professionals.
    5 users like OUDoc's post: 1stTimeCaller, Bk2X, Boomer....., Breadburner, Naples_Sooner

My wife and I stopped vaccinating our kids after they developed problems. Thanks for the compliment though.
    What sorts of problems?

What sorts of problems?
    Nunya.

Nunya.
    So the problems may have absolutely nothing to do with vaccinations. There's no way to tell since you won't give information.
    2 users like traxx's post: odin's beard, oucub23

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    So the problems almost by definition have absolutely nothing to do with vaccinations. There's no way to tell since you won't give information.
    Yep.

Dem immigrants tho....!!!

So the problems may have absolutely nothing to do with vaccinations. There's no way to tell since you won't give information.
    You know the truth...us vaxxers are just intellectually behind the anti vax crowd. He would explain it, but our small vaccination addled brains wouldn’t comprehend it.

Give information to whom? Some anonymous jagoffs on a BBS? Two of my kids immediately had stool problems after a specific vaccine combo. One still has a treatment needed allergy. My wife already has an auto immune disease which can be triggered in our kiddos.
    I’m not here to change anyone’s mind but Cubby’s comment about non vaccinating types was pretty ignorant in it’s own right.

And why the ridicule? You guys are dicks.
    2 users like Hallucinogenic_Toreador's post: Petro-Sooner, Stinger_1066

Give information to whom? Some anonymous jagoffs on a BBS? Two of my kids immediately had stool problems after a specific vaccine combo. One still has a treatment needed allergy. My wife already has an auto immune disease which can be triggered in our kiddos.
    I’m not here to change anyone’s mind but Cubby’s comment about non vaccinating types was pretty ignorant in it’s own right.

You need an anger vaccination
    The following users like this post: mgsooner

You're the one that brought up your kids having problems. I thought asking 'what problems' was an honest question. I think everyone is pretty aware that not all people are capable of having vaccinations. People with auto immune problems would be one of those populations that can't have vaccinations. And for the people that are incapable of having vaccinations, it's more important for those who can get them to get them so the people who can't get them are protected by herd immunity.
    2 users like traxx's post: BlackHillsSooner, oucub23

Anti-vaxxers and those with children who are medically incapable of receiving certain vax's aren't the same group of people, and you know that.
    2 users like Bruno Gianelli's post: kilroydos, oucub23

Originally Posted by Bruno Gianelli View Post
    \

Anti-vaxxers and those with children who are medically incapable of receiving certain vax's aren't the same group pf people, and you know that.
    If he doesn't, he should. Kids that aren't able to be vaccinated are at even greater risk b/c of the anti-vaxx crowd. TBH, he should be even more irritated w/those people than I am.

If he doesn't, he should. Kids that aren't able to be vaccinated are at even greater risk b/c of the anti-vaxx crowd. TBH, he should be even more irritated w/those people than I am.
    how about being irritated with the dumbasses who are sick and dont stay home and expose everybody else?
    2 users like beech's post: oucub23, traxx

That's actually how the Norman child was infected. His doctor stated on camera that he was not yet old enough to be fully immunized against measles. Traveling to a region where vaccination rates are poor placed him at risk.

I could carry on that the travel was against medical advice, but thanks to widespread misinformation and stubborn ignorance Northern California and parts of Oregon are no-travel zones for children like the Toreador's.