Amazing Spider-Man Trailer

Posted 992 day(s) ago 1682 Views 38 Replies

Movies Amazing Spider-Man Trailer

It looks good but isn't it a little too early for a reboot?
    3 users like Julz's post: azwe, OUMallen, traxx

I saw this the first time when it was called Spider Man.

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    It looks good but isn't it a little too early for a reboot?
    It all had to do with Sony holding the rights and Marvel Studios (now owned by Disney) wanting them back. So Sony had to put another one out. Not real sure why.
    The following users like this post: SoonerBeerSnob

Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    It all had to do with Sony holding the rights and Marvel Studios (now owned by Disney) wanting them back. So Sony had to put another one out. Not real sure why.
    I remember hearing something about this with X-Men. Fox had the license for x amount of years. If they did not make another movie the license returned to Disney/Marvel and they would receive any future proceeds from the franchise. Right now they only have a small % but once it expired they would get 100%. By making X-Men First Class, Fox reset the clock to 0.
    Last edited by Julz; February 7th, 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Now I remember hearing something about this with X-Men. Fox had the license for x amount of years. If they did not make another movie the license returned to Disney/Marvel and they would receive any future proceeds from the franchise. Right now they only have a small % but once it expired they would get 100%. By making X-Men First Class, Fox reset the clock to 0.
    This is what it is all about. If they don't use it they lose it. Fox and Sony only have movie rights to Xmen and Spider-man respectively. Sony tried to force Rami to make a Spider-Man 4, but after the producers effectively ruined SM3 by making Rami and the writers add in venom after the script had been mostly written, he did not want anything to do with Sony or the Spider-Man franchise.

Will never happen but i wish they would just let it go back to its creators in marvel. But this is why you will never see Wolverine or Spider-Man or any of the Fantastic Four in an Avengers movie

I was just thinking that we need a few more spiderman and batman movies....

Originally Posted by BleeOU1 View Post
    I was just thinking that we need a few more spiderman and batman movies....
    And as long as they continue to net 100's of millions of dollars we will get them.
    And you'll be happy to know there's already a sequel in the works.

Anything is better than the abortion that was spiderman 3.
    2 users like OUEverest's post: AcousticSoup, Cthulhu

From the few short moments Spidey talks in this trailer it seems like they got a better writer to do his character as a smartass that pisses people off then kicks their ass

Spiderman 3 was terrible. Venom was in it for all of two seconds before he was killed. The symbiote thing never really was explained well or even played a big part in it at all. It was worse than when Wolverine and Juggernaut were finally united on the big screen.

****ing Hollywood.

This spider man is more true to the comic book version of him I like it / comic book geek
    The following users like this post: Cthulhu

And Venom was the scrawny ass kid from That 70's Show!!!! Eddie Brock was a big guy in the comics!!!

/endunnecessaryrantfrom4yeatsago

Gahhjhh!!

****ing Hollywood.....

Honestly the venom thing could have been its own trilogy. There's way to much back story to try and cram it in there as a second villain to sandman.

As a huge spiderman fan I am really looking forward to this. Anything to get away from the shit stains that were the last two spidermans. Hell maybe we will even get some Carnage up in this ****!

Yes and topher ****ing grace?! Ugh, I remember the first time they show venom I just laughed and walked out. Still have never seen the final ten minutes of spiderman three.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    This spider man is more true to the comic book version of him I like it / comic book geek
    Well, not sure about that. Web Shooters yes, Gwen Stacy first love yes, (Unless you count Betty Bryant), Capt. Stacy yes.

BUT Peter's father working for Oz Corp with Doctor Conners isn't really cannon (maybe in Ultimate? I only read Ultimate to about issue 35 or so), Peter coming up with the Lizard formula for Dr. Conners? No so much

/comicbookguyOFF

I am looking forward to the Ultimate Avengers that is coming out. That trailer looked sweet that was on during the superbowl.

Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    I am looking forward to the Ultimate Avengers that is coming out. That trailer looked sweet that was on during the superbowl.
    I am as well, though I wasn't too crazy about Cap's costume in it. Red, White, and SILVER?

But who's going to be the main villain? I've read several speculation, but the Cosmic Cube was in the other films for just a few shots. Red Skull and Loki? Kree invasion?

I say leave the venom thing alone unless they are going to dedicate multiple movies worth of buildup into it. The Spider-man rogues gallery is one of the best. If you take out the venom/black suit part of spiderman 3 they actually had a good story going hidden behind all the shit. Actually made sandman into more than just a random thug and you had harry osborn as the 2nd Green Goblin the potential was there Sony just ****ed it up.

This new one they finally acknowledge that Peter is more than just some geeky kid, he is a genius. He makes his own web and web shooters, they get rid of Kirsten Dunst who in no way looks like the supermodel that Mary Jane is supposed to be. I just hate that they had to get rid of JK Simmons he was a great Jameson and funny as hell.

I'm just upset that many of our superheroes are now British - Spider-Man, Batman, Superman. What next? A biopic of John Wayne played by Daniel Radcliffe?
    The following users like this post: macdaddybuff

Last edited by traxx; February 7th, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I'm just upset that many of our superheroes our now British - Spider-Man, Batman, Superman. What next? A biopic of John Wayne played by Daniel Radcliffe?
    At least they aren't Canadian...

That looked pretty good, actually. I'm surprised.

Hooray for 10 year reboots. **** HOLLYWOOD

did a quick screen freeze in the 30 sec mark of the extended Avengers trailer. Looked like skrull to me. Lead by Loki perhaps?

Originally Posted by SoonerBeerSnob View Post
    did a quick screen freeze in the 30 sec mark of the extended Avengers trailer. Looked like skrull to me. Lead by Loki perhaps?
    I just watched the extended trailer.....featured Loki. I've heard Skrull rumors, which would make sense. Not sure about the Cosmic Cube that was in the Cap ending.

Here's a different theory. Makes sense knowing that Whedon is a big fan of Starlin's run on Thor.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/...-who-they-ish/

Here's a different theory. Makes sense knowing that Whedon is a big fan of Starlin's run on Thor.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/...-who-they-ish/
    Interesting I thought that 2nd screencap looked like skrulls to me but this seems possible. I think you could see the return of the Red Skull if anything in the after credits.

Interesting I thought that 2nd screencap looked like skrulls to me but this seems possible. I think you could see the return of the Red Skull if anything in the after credits.
    It is hard to imagine the Avengers without Skrulls.

Gwen Stacy > Mary Jane Watson

Originally Posted by OUEverest View Post
    Emma Stone > Kirsten Dunst

Originally Posted by Muscletang View Post
    yes

Absolutely not.

No truer words have been spoken.

Absolutely not.

No truer words have been spoken.
    It might be best if we don't get into a nerd debate at this time.

I really liked the new spiderman. Pretty much what I wanted from a spiderman movie ever since I've been a kid. The start dragged a little, but was still enjoyable.

Hopefully they don't **** up the next couple.
    2 users like OUEverest's post: Cthulhu, SoonerBeerSnob

I liked that the pacing didn't try to rush you along. The changes from the other stories were just enough to make it feel like I was watching something new. The script was great. For those insisting that the first one was better they need to sit down and watch it again this time without the nostalgia goggles on.

Spoiler:
    Was I the only one who cringed Gwen got thrown somewhere or caught by webbing? Because seriously she has some neck problems.

Spoiler:
    Was I the only one who cringed Gwen got thrown somewhere or caught by webbing? Because seriously she has some neck problems.
    [/QUOTE]

I liked the ass webgrab spin move he pulled on her. You're right though she is a fragile flower and needs to be kept around for awhile. Emma Stone is only going to get hotter.

I think this is probably the best Spider-Man (as a character) we've seen but the plot of the movie overall sucked. Of course, I also don't think Spidey has great movie villains.

Originally Posted by Sooner_117 View Post
    Of course, I also don't think Spidey has great movie villains.
    Doc Oc is a good one. The Goblins, if done right, can be good too. I'd love to see the Scorpion in a movie.

Venom could've been the shit but they ****ed that all up. Here's hoping to see Carnage someday.

I liked it, it was better than I expected, and the best Spider-Man movie made to date.

Spoiler:
    And I was expecting Gwen to die. I really don't know anything much about the comics, but didn't she die very early on in the comics? I thought they were going to go down that path with the movie.
    Last edited by OrangeBlossom; December 14th, 2012 at 11:31 PM.

Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I liked it, it was better than I expected, and the best Spider-Man movie made to date.

Spoiler:
    And I was expecting Gwen to die. I really don't know anything much about the comics, but didn't she die very early on in the comics? I thought they were going to go down that path with the movie.
      Spoiler:
    She made it to issue 121.
    Last edited by OrangeBlossom; December 14th, 2012 at 11:31 PM.

Doc Oc is a good one. The Goblins, if done right, can be good too. I'd love to see the Scorpion in a movie.

Venom could've been the shit but they ****ed that all up. Here's hoping to see Carnage someday.
    This is what the original Goblin design was for the 2002 movie:

Amazing Spider-Man Trailer

Spoiler tags ya sonofa****...