Assault Rifle question?

Posted 979 day(s) ago by nolesooner69725 Views 2066 Replies
Page 5 of 42 3 4 5 6 7 15

Re: Assault Rifle question?

Anyone have any issues with TulAmmo ammo besides it being non-indoor range friendly?

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Anyone have any issues with TulAmmo ammo besides it being non-indoor range friendly?
    not in my saiga.

I sure this will be cheap.

Count me among the "absolutely not worried about what the UN does" camp. Going to be tough-to-impossible to make a law that supersedes that whole 2nd Amendment thing. The more I read "The Rifleman" the more I think the NRA is just fear-mongering to raise donations. They were also IN FAVOR of the "corporations are people" ruling--gave their own PAC more power.

And I still want the Beretta.

When I was out campaigning for my buddy Terry O'Donnell, one of the homeowners I ran into was deeply concerned about a UN resolution which could outlaw private property. Yeah, we're against it. And that has about as much chance as becoming US law as some UN gun ban.

Assault Rifle question?

Originally Posted by Oldnslo View Post
    Count me among the "absolutely not worried about what the UN does" camp. Going to be tough-to-impossible to make a law that supersedes that whole 2nd Amendment thing. The more I read "The Rifleman" the more I think the NRA is just fear-mongering to raise donations. They were also IN FAVOR of the "corporations are people" ruling--gave their own PAC more power.

And I still want the Beretta.

When I was out campaigning for my buddy Terry O'Donnell, one of the homeowners I ran into was deeply concerned about a UN resolution which could outlaw private property. Yeah, we're against it. And that has about as much chance as becoming US law as some UN gun ban.
    I'd be worried about the UN, especially when it comes to Agenda 21. Read up on it. Its already being implemented in communities all over the country.

The UN thing looks like it would just call for gunwide registrations, not gun bans. The feinstein bill is the one that would place a new assault weapons ban.

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    The UN thing looks like it would just call for gunwide registrations, not gun bans. The feinstein bill is the one that would place a new assault weapons ban.
    with nothing grandfathered in like the last one.

Yea, I picked up a stripped lower just in case. Build it out slowly as fund permit. Stag lower parts kit on the way too.

want:

receiver made from a shovel blade:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...sunami-warning

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    My coworker told me about this. Resourceful fella.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    i have a colt ar-15 lightweight sporter in .223....lots of fun
    i also have a chinese sks and a russian sks....in 7.62x39mm

my ar looks like this one...it's a pre ban model with adjustable stock that i bought on gunbroker.com...
    WTF does anyone want with something like this. Only Police and the Military should own such a weapon.. Guess you can play soldier if it makes you feel like a man.

It should NOT be legal for the general public to own an assault rifle. There is absolutely no reason for it.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:36 AM.

Assault Rifle question?

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    It should NOT be legal for the general public to own an assault rifle. There is absolutely no reason for it.
    You dont like it cause its scary looking to you. Quit being a **** and go shoot one.

Also, people driving vehicles kill way more people everyday than people using a rifle.
    The following users like this post: Sooner Bob

WTF does anyone want with something like this. Only Police and the Military should own such a weapon.. Guess you can play soldier if it makes you feel like a man.
    How bout this? Should it be legal? Wood stock...no handle or pistol grip...

Assault rifle is a big bad meanie term . . . . that folks love to throw around to make a gun seem more than it really is IMO. The rifle in the image you commented on is a sporting rifle (or one similar to) what is used to hunt hogs and other nuisance animals.

They shoot one shell per trigger pull. It's no different than my .22 that will do the same thing. It just looks "meaner" so people get all butt hurt about folks owning them.

btw that is a Ruger Mini 14 Ranch rifle...

5.56 Nato round
    Weighs 7 pound
    20 round capacity

It is also offered in a 5 round model that is just as deadly as 87's AR 15

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    Sure there is. If you have sling shots or nothing at all and the government has assault rifles, then you are at their mercy.

Got my hands on a Barrett 50 cal today, btw. Didn't buy it, but got to check it out.
    My cousin owns a 50 cal . . . not sure why he bought it other than it's cool to shoot.

Any specific reason why, or just because you are scared of it?

Troll on brother.

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    Any specific reason why, or just because you are scared of it?
    Because he is Boomermagic...and he is a liberal, and he knows whats best.

Ok, this is next on my list... what is the most common caliber for these besides the 22LR? .223, 5.56? Gas, bolt, ? whats the difference, one better than the other? Recommends on a good semi 22, then move up to the bigger boys... TIA Im a beginner so take it easy

i like playing soldier...
    the coyotes are the muzzies...
    the dying rabbit call is kinda like the "call to prayer" sound coming from the mosque

Is there such a thing as a sexual assault rifle? If so, is it used for the actual assault penetration, or just for the coercion part? I knew there would be many on here with vast experience in this field, so thanks in advance for all the kindly and informative responses! You guys are the best!

Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    Ok, this is next on my list... what is the most common caliber for these besides the 22LR? .223, 5.56? Gas, bolt, ? whats the difference, one better than the other? Recommends on a good semi 22, then move up to the bigger boys... TIA Im a beginner so take it easy
    maybe an ar-15 with either a cmmg .22 bolt or upper.

Ask people in China how they feel about gun bans. Oh wait you can't. but its ok because you see all the "fake" economy built by Foreign companies bringing their manufacturing know how to China. Watch the episode of Top Gear about China it is very enlightening.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    maybe an ar-15 with either a cmmg .22 bolt or upper.
    Huh? English mutha ****a do you speak it?! Jk...seriously, I need this in dummy language please.

cmmg is a company that makes ar-15 parts. they make a bolt (and mags) for standard ar-15s so they'll shoot .22lr. on an ar-15, the barrel and receiver are called the upper, and it attaches to the lower, which is the stock, trigger, and pistol grip.

Come on over and attempt to confiscate them. Better yet, **** off.

Finally got all my parts in for my AR build, put it together last night:
    - Black Rain Ordnance stripped lower
    - Stag lower parts kit
    - Magpul furniture
    - Daniel Defense 16" barrel
    - Rguns bolt carrier (nickel boron coated) and upper

Everything went together well. Only issue I have now is the bolt catch won't hold the bolt open. I think its because of the way the bolt is ground on the bottom leading edge (where the bolt catch is supposed to contact the bolt) pretty unevenly. Haven't tried it with a mag yet. May be what I get for buying the complete upper from a guy who builds guns on the side as opposed to from someone like BCM.

So I bought a Bushmaster ACR today. I really liked the feel of it and that it is mostly ambidextrous as I shoot left handed. I have read mixed reviews but most of them have been positive. I dont like the fact that I have not previously shot one, but i really didn't want to wait any longer. Anyone here own one?

Sig Sauer 522 Field Rifle, .22 LR

This thing any good ?

Originally Posted by SoulRebel View Post
    So I bought a Bushmaster ACR today. I really liked the feel of it and that it is mostly ambidextrous as I shoot left handed. I have read mixed reviews but most of them have been positive. I dont like the fact that I have not previously shot one, but i really didn't want to wait any longer. Anyone here own one?
    Good on ya. I was torn between this and the scar. I ended up getting the scar but you can't go wrong with either. Have fun shooting it and if you don't mind, back brief us on your impression of the weapon.

Originally Posted by The Baconator® View Post

Sig Sauer 522 Field Rifle, .22 LR

This thing any good ?
    Usually can't go wrong with a Sig.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post

How much should someone expect to pay to acquire one of these... ???

As a non- gun person(I do own a couple of BB target pistols) may I ask what are these assault rifles used for? Hunting, what type of game? Target shooting?

Originally Posted by The Baconator® View Post
    How much should someone expect to pay to acquire one of these... ???
    $450 to $600 neighborhood.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    As a non- gun person(I do own a couple of BB target pistols) may I ask what are these assault rifles used for? Hunting, what type of game? Target shooting?
    I know it looks scary to some but this is not an "assault" rifle. It's a .22 in an AR platform. They are used for hunting (small game like rabbits, squirrels, ****s, etc.), target shooting, competitive shooting, etc.

i shoot coyotes with mine...
    and targets of all kinds....
    2 litre bottles filled with water work nice..

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Their rifles are less than impressive. While their swiss 550 series are one of the best rifles ever made the american 556 variant disappoints with its fit and finish.

I actually travel the country shooting 3 gun events in the USPSA organization. This is an example of one of my guns...

Here is a video of a well known shooter that gets paid to shoot for a living.

The following users like this post: bushmaster06

The following users like this post: Sooners2007

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:06 AM.

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    Crazy day today in the gun world. Online sites were crashing and going out of stock. Dirt cheap was gouging the public, pmags for 60.

My stuff from buds finally came in and the local gun shop had a 45 minute line to just get in the store. Took me 3 hours to get in, get my stuff and a background check.

Anyone else have any experiences like that?
    I bought some pmags for 14$ each....went to a few shops.....everyone was backed up on background checks.......Cabela's sold out of their stock on AR's yesterday.....got 15 in last night....they were all being sold within the first 30mins they were open this morning. Been crazy like that all week.

I tried to get on buds yesterday and the site was down every time I tried. I noticed today going home that the local indoor range and Quantico Tactical next door appeared packed.
    The following users like this post: Sooners2007

I had the wife check the ammo stock at wally world tonight while she was there for something else. Surprisingly they had plenty in stock so I had her pick up some ammo.

stopped at Bass pro and picked up an AR yesterday. took about 10 min to get the approval however getting helped took longer. They sold 4 ARs while i was there and were about out.

Was at my local gun store. Found an arsenal AK hiding amongst the shotguns out on the sales floor (not sure how so many people overlooked that one) so I snatched it up for my dad. They sold most of their 50+ AR style rifles Monday and Tuesday (including 2 SCAR16). All they had left was 3 AR-10's. People were in such a frenzy that they were buying wwII vintage bolt action rifles? I suppose they went in with the mindset to purchase a weapon and weren't leaving empty handed.

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Was at my local gun store. Found an arsenal AK hiding amongst the shotguns out on the sales floor (not sure how so many people overlooked that one) so I snatched it up for my dad. They sold most of their 50+ AR style rifles Monday and Tuesday (including 2 SCAR16). All they had left was 3 AR-10's. People were in such a frenzy that they were buying wwII vintage bolt action rifles? I suppose they went in with the mindset to purchase a weapon and weren't leaving empty handed.

wwii bolt action = mosin nagant. everyone should a couple of these.

Just wish I'd have bought more than 4 pmags a week ago. I bought them for $14, and they are $40 on cheaper than dirt now. Anyone who had them for regular price is out of stock.

Did buy a bunch of 30 round tapco mags.

One of my coworkers went to sportsmans warehouse and they were sold out of AR15s, he asked if they had any AR10s and they had one in the back. He bought it just because. No way he is going to lose money on it if he decides to sell it (unless they just make them illegal).

I priced reloading equipment and no changes on that stuff, so I guess people aren't too worried about getting ammo yet.