Assault Rifle question?

Posted 944 day(s) ago by nolesooner68881 Views 2066 Replies
Page 6 of 42 4 5 6 7 8 16

Right now, the things that are going to get attacked legislatively are the guns and the magazines. If you want an investment, get the magazines. The value will go up when they make them illegal to produce, but they will be easy to sell.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    I tried to get on buds yesterday and the site was down every time I tried. I noticed today going home that the local indoor range and Quantico Tactical next door appeared packed.
    They are out of every single semi aut rifle....! EVERY ONE!
    The following users like this post: Fahooglegods

What exactly is the difference between an 'assault rifle' and a semi-auto hunting rifle? I shot my brother-in-law's AR-15 at Thanksgiving and didnt feel like it was really any different from a semi auto rifle, other than having a pistol grip, having a shorter barrel and being more menacing looking.....

Im far from a gun-lover (my wife insists on having one in our house, but I really think its dumb/pointless to have one) but it seems like this big hubbub on ARs seems based on the fact that they just look mean looking.....
    4 users like sooner518's post: Fahooglegods, Lake_Bum, oucub23, Sooners2007

Please refrain from using logic in this discussion.
    The following users like this post: The Baconator®

Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    What exactly is the difference between an 'assault rifle' and a semi-auto hunting rifle? I shot my brother-in-law's AR-15 at Thanksgiving and didnt feel like it was really any different from a semi auto rifle, other than having a pistol grip, having a shorter barrel and being more menacing looking.....

Im far from a gun-lover (my wife insists on having one in our house, but I really think its dumb/pointless to have one) but it seems like this big hubbub on ARs seems based on the fact that they just look mean looking.....
    That's basically it.

My dad has a 250 acre ranch two hours SW of Kerrville, TX about 60 miles from the Mexican border. "Mules" (illegals with backpacks loaded with cocaine or marijuana) go through his ranch all the time. He carries an AR-15 on a gun rack on his Kabota ATV anytime he cruises around his ranch. They are usually hiding out. Sometimes 10-15 at a time.

If he had to call any type of law enforcement for help it would take them 45 minutes to an hour to get to him. And people make ignorant statments such as "There is absolutely no reason for anyone to have this type of weapon." Oh, and he is also overrun with Wild hogs. There is no better weapon for that either. They come in packs and hit his deer feeders. They are very destructive with their rooting around for grubs. You need an accurate weapon that fires rapidly and holds a lot of bullets.

There are two valid arguments right there. Not to mention that they are absolutely a blast to fire.
    4 users like Rowdyroady's post: AFS00N3R, kssooner, Lake_Bum, pbc2003

Originally Posted by Rowdyroady View Post
    My dad has a 250 acre ranch two hours SW of Kerrville, TX about 60 miles from the Mexican border. "Mules" (illegals with backpacks loaded with cocaine or marijuana) go through his ranch all the time. He carries an AR-15 on a gun rack on his Kabota ATV anytime he cruises around his ranch. They are usually hiding out. Sometimes 10-15 at a time.

If he had to call any type of law enforcement for help it would take them 45 minutes to an hour to get to him. And people make ignorant statments such as "There is absolutely no reason for anyone to have this type of weapon." Oh, and he is also overrun with Wild hogs. There is no better weapon for that either. They come in packs and hit his deer feeders. They are very destructive with their rooting around for grubs. You need an accurate weapon that fires rapidly and holds a lot of bullets.

There are two valid arguments right there. Not to mention that they are absolutely a blast to fire.
    Well that sounds like three valid reasons to me...
    3 users like SoonerArtillery's post: jdmt37, kssooner, Rowdyroady

Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    They still have the Ruger SR556 in stock.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...+Sights+3+Mags

Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    A guy at my work talked to 3 different dealers today who said they were sold out. A 4th told him that the dealers he knows are actually pulling their stock off the shelves to hold on to them & see what happens with legislation. He told me that anyone who insists on buying one today pays a min $1k premium. They are all betting that prices are going way up.

I've always been a shotgun/hand gun owner, but have never owned rifles except for a couple of .22's that I used for target practice. I've been thinking about getting an AR for a while now, so decided to see what was available today. Needless to say, they were literally flying off the shelves today at one of the biggest dealers in Houston. I kind of got caught up in the frenzy and ended up buying a Bushmaster XM15 and two Colt M4A1's. Not sure I need all 3of them, but decided that I'd rather go ahead and buy them now than wish I'd done so later.

On side note...cant seem to find any 30 rd magazines anywhere. Has anyone ever had any experience with the polymer magazines? Are they any good, or do I need to wait until I find ss?

Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    I've always been a shotgun/hand gun owner, but have never owned rifles except for a couple of .22's that I used for target practice. I've been thinking about getting an AR for a while now, so decided to see what was available today. Needless to say, they were literally flying off the shelves today at one of the biggest dealers in Houston. I kind of got caught up in the frenzy and ended up buying a Bushmaster XM15 and two Colt M4A1's. Not sure I need all 3of them, but decided that I'd rather go ahead and buy them now than wish I'd done so later.

On side note...cant seem to find any 30 rd magazines anywhere. Has anyone ever had any experience with the polymer magazines? Are they any good, or do I need to wait until I find ss?
    At this point, get whatever you can find. The PMAGS from Magpul are hard to beat, imo.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    At this point, get whatever you can find. The PMAGS from Magpul are hard to beat, imo.
    this, but they're now hard to find and super expensive when you do find them.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    this, but they're now hard to find and super expensive when you do find them.
    Cant find anything online.

Cant find anything online.
    even if you could, they'd probably be $40-60 for a $14 mag.

Got 6 of em for list price a couple days ago.

yea, just got 4 pmags in the mail like the day after the school shooting. I now wish I had bought about 15 of them.

Re: Assault Rifle question?

Originally Posted by Soonerbulldog View Post
    wwii bolt action = mosin nagant. everyone should a couple of these.
    I prefer my Enfield mkIII shooting British 303

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Magpul pmags are as good as the metal with green follower. Good luck finding any of them though.

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Magpul pmags are as good as the metal with green follower. Good luck finding any of them though.

Found some on Ammunition Depot. Bought the last 4 that they had.

Found some on Ammunition Depot. Bought the last 4 that they had.
    Good on ya. Glad that I didn't have to worry about this craziness.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:05 AM.

The sig I bought last Friday for $1k is now going for $1900 on gunbroker.

buy low sell high....
    i'd prolly sell my colt lightweight sporter for $3k if anyone wants it.....

I found a store the other day http://www.savagetradingusa.com/ Its in Yukon. I heard they had .223 ammo so I stopped by. They were selling 1000 rounds PMC for $650. Not a terrible price considering whats going on right now. Ive never heard of them, but I guess they've been around for a while. They were pretty nice guys, Id probably go back. They still had a bunch of AR's too

These guys are showing mags for sale . . . http://www.valhallaarmory.com/

Originally Posted by Lake_Bum View Post
    I found a store the other day http://www.savagetradingusa.com/ Its in Yukon. I heard they had .223 ammo so I stopped by. They were selling 1000 rounds PMC for $650. Not a terrible price considering whats going on right now. Ive never heard of them, but I guess they've been around for a while. They were pretty nice guys, Id probably go back. They still had a bunch of AR's too
    That's a terrible price.

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    These guys are showing mags for sale . . . http://www.valhallaarmory.com/
    They are out.

That's a terrible price.
    Considering just about everything in the reasonable price range online is sold out...?

Assault Rifle question?

My buddy picked a couple at a gun store in FT Worth for me today. Was in store and they brought out a box of pmags $27 each!

Panic buying...

When a snow storm is projected the area Wal Marts get inundated by waddling, warm up wearing shoppers...

When gun control is projected the area Bob' s Mostly Cheap Assault Weapon Gun Shop and Emporium gets inundated by beer belly, dip spittin, overall wearing shoppers...

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Panic buying...

When a snow storm is projected the area Wal Marts get inundated by waddling, warm up wearing shoppers...

When gun control is projected the area Bob' s Mostly Cheap Assault Weapon Gun Shop and Emporium gets inundated by beer belly, dip spittin, overall wearing shoppers...

You forgot the flip-flops . . .

Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    They are out.
    Bummer. I just ordered a couple of these: https://www.valhallaarmory.com/Produ...tCode=PROCOL08

That's a terrible price.
    Can you find it cheaper right now? I know its high but I havent seen anything cheaper the last few days

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    Bummer. I just ordered a couple of these: https://www.valhallaarmory.com/Produ...tCode=PROCOL08
    Just got an email about them being on back order . . . dangit.

Considering just about everything in the reasonable price range online is sold out...?
    yes.

Can you find it cheaper right now? I know its high but I havent seen anything cheaper the last few days
    i was at the gun shop in pauls valley yesterday and they had pmc for $8.99/box and tula for $6.99/box.

Ammo isn't the problem. It is the guns and mags that they are going to go after legislatively right now. Unless you need ammo, you should wait until prices come back down.

Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    Ammo isn't the problem. It is the guns and mags that they are going to go after legislatively right now. Unless you need ammo, you should wait until prices come back down.
    and for stock to make it back on the shelves.

i was at the gun shop in pauls valley yesterday and they had pmc for $8.99/box and tula for $6.99/box.
    Ok. Thanks. I cant find .223 anywhere in OKC. Those guys in Yukon were the only ones I could find

they also had a bunch 20 round steel ar mags too.

Ok. Thanks. I cant find .223 anywhere in OKC. Those guys in Yukon were the only ones I could find
    I bought some .223 at the Academy in Edmond on Wednesday.

Hornady and Monarch . . . . I think they also had some Remington.

Wow. No sir.

The following users like this post: bushmaster06

My buddy told me about that place. Yellow building right off turnpike? He said half is a gun shop and the other half is ran by his wife selling miscellaneous shit.

Assault Rifle question?

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    My buddy told me about that place. Yellow building right off turnpike? He said half is a gun shop and the other half is ran by his wife selling miscellaneous shit.
    That's it!

Next weekend.

That place will be a mad house.

Need a good deal on 7mm mag.

Best price I've seen is about $28

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Need a good deal on 7mm mag.

Best price I've seen is about $28
    http://ammoseek.com/?gun=rifle&cal=2...ds=&sortby=cpr

Off topic, but if you're into PM's Silver, and Gold are a little bearish right now.

Nice little video you guys might like