Assault Rifle question?

Posted 1037 day(s) ago by nolesooner71003 Views 2078 Replies
Page 7 of 42 5 6 7 8 9 17
    Will SKS', M1Grands, and mini 14's be guns that also get outlawed?

I don't think anyone is still producing M1 Garands. Typically, they ban production and importation.

i believe the last ban only covered certain "characteristics"...
    they still made ar-15's but they couldn't have the "flash suppressor" on the end of the barrel....
    they couldn't have the "rail" or the folding stocks....no bayonets....etc
    the manufacturers made them look less menacing and they were good to go...

Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    I don't think anyone is still producing M1 Garands. Typically, they ban production and importation.
    Good point, but there still sold at every gun show and lots of pawn shops. I bet they try to ban gun shows too, its been on the liberal agenda for a while.
    The following users like this post: Shooter

Originally Posted by copperhead View Post
    Good point, but there still sold at every gun show and lots of pawn shops. I bet they try to ban gun shows too, its been on the liberal agenda for a while.
    You may be right. The prior ban did not ban an individual from selling a pre-ban gun to another individual. They may try to make that illegal, but it seems like it'd be really difficult to enforce.

I've been looking for a ruger 10-22 I Tac TALO as a Christmas present for myself, but all the damn things are sold out. Everywhere. Anyone happen to know where I might be able to find one?

Try gunbroker.com

Already did.

Originally Posted by DRminimega67 View Post
    I've been looking for a ruger 10-22 I Tac TALO as a Christmas present for myself, but all the damn things are sold out. Everywhere. Anyone happen to know where I might be able to find one?
    you're probably out of luck until after the first of the year.

Yeah that's what I'm figuring out. I'm considering just having my friend build me one.

The PMAG fairy just stopped by my house with a box full of joy.
    The following users like this post: Sooner Bob

Lucky dog

I ordered a whole bunch the other day, back ordered for a month. I went to heartlands last week and bought 5, wish I would have bought all they had.

I've been buying them for a while now, since the election. After the shootings, however, I ramped it up a bit. I'm in the all for about $15 a piece. Rainbow of colors, dozens to choose from.

I've got a dozen for me, just ordered 30 more. They're going for about $40-$45 a piece on gunbroker. I'm hoping to take the 30 to a gun show in a month to sell and with that money get a gun for free.
    3 users like ImTheDude's post: Lake_Bum, Shooter, Sooner Bob

Academy in Edmond had a few come in today. I was able to get one 30 rd magazine . . . I have several on order that I hope make it soon.

I thought about stopping by Heartland today just to see if they had anything in stock. Didn't make it though.

Yeah that's what I'm figuring out. I'm considering just having my friend build me one.
    why don't you just build it.

Re: Assault Rifle question?

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    This. Its easy and you will learn a lot about the weapon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Christmas has me strapped, but I'm gonna try to at least buy some stripped lowers if i can find some. (I know, don't be poor)

I might just do that.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 12:59 AM.

I might just do that.
    the 10/22 is a very forgiving platform to tinker with, and there are tons of parts available.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 12:40 AM.

Some one help me find an ar style .223 and/or 5.56 around $700 please! should I snag a .22 ar style while they are available?

Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    Some one help me find an ar style .223 and/or 5.56 around $700 please! should I snag a .22 ar style while they are available?
    Gun show at the Kansas Colosseum this weekend.....it'll probably be a mad house, but might be able to find something there...

Originally Posted by SoonerArtillery View Post
    Gun show at the Kansas Colosseum this weekend.....it'll probably be a mad house, but might be able to find something there...
    Wow ...didn't know that! I just might venture that way. When does it start, do you know?

Originally Posted by SoonerArtillery View Post
    not for $700.

not for $700.
    Might find a stripped lower for $700

Wow ...didn't know that! I just might venture that way. When does it start, do you know?
    Sat 9-5, Sun 9-3

Might find a stripped lower for $700
    Lol...... yeah

The "ar's" chambered in .22lr are going for 600-700$ now.

so do we think this is just a knee jerk reaction and everything will go back to normal, or should i snag what i can if i find anything?

Personally, I think it is almost inevitable that there will be a ban of some sort. There is an outside chance that there won't be, but the rhetoric is going to be high enough for quite a while, that prices on the guns are going to stay high, as production won't be able to catch up with demand. The only way that prices will go back down, is if a ban fails to pass and inventories rebound. If that doesn't happen, prices won't be your problem, finding a gun will be.

Personally, I think it is almost inevitable that there will be a ban of some sort. There is an outside chance that there won't be, but the rhetoric is going to be high enough for quite a while, that prices on the guns are going to stay high, as production won't be able to catch up with demand. The only way that prices will go back down, is if a ban fails to pass and inventories rebound. If that doesn't happen, prices won't be your problem, finding a gun will be.
    OK so explain to me the "ar upper and lowers"? Does this mean build your own? Is this feasible for a noob? Prices, where to find, etc?

doubtful there will be a ban....the repubs still control the house....

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 12:38 AM.

OK so explain to me the "ar upper and lowers"? Does this mean build your own? Is this feasible for a noob? Prices, where to find, etc?
    Basically the upper is the barrel and the bolt and the housing around the bolt. The Lower is the part with the trigger group, where the magazine feeds into and the stock.

They are really easy to build for yourself, just do some research before you buy so you know what to get. The links posted above are a great starting point. I basically did some research for a couple of weeks, planned what I wanted to buy and got it all delivered. Put the whole thing together in about two hours. I'd hardly ever even fired an AR before I built mine, so its not like you need prior hands on experience. itstactical.com has a good series on building an AR with youtube videos showing them putting it together. I'd recommend getting some of the tools they recommend to make it a smoother process (vice block and roll pin punches are what I got).

You're going to have a much harder time finding the pieces of the gun in stock than you will have putting it together.

In addition to the above. The lower will need to be sent to an ffl dealer of your choosing as that is the portion with the serial number. You will fill out your paperwork at that time and pay them a transfer fee.

I bought my Stag model 3 about 3 weeks ago here in the Atlanta area. I brokered a deal where they threw in 2 extra Pmags for free, all for $800.

Went to the gun show this past weekend, there were only a few guns there, they were going for around $1450 each.

PMAGS were going for $40-$50 ea. (usually $15)

If you are looking for a AR15, go to Academy or Bass Pro shops and befriend the guys there. A buddy heard they were getting in ammo in their truck last night and low and behold we showed up for ammo and they had received about 12 AR's too. They were at the regular price, around $850

Good luck,
    Ammo is difficult to find too

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 12:37 AM.

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    How much would you be willing to pay for an AR right now?

Local mom and pop shop has 15 ars. 1950 is their cheapest and it is a Mohawk armory one. Their colt 6920 is for 2600. On the bright side, he is going to sell. Me some pmags for $15.
    $2600 for a colt. SHIT. Wonder what my scar is worth now. 6k?

That is insane. I would try and find an ak.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 12:34 AM.

Yeah, that's what I said. I'll keep checking wal mart. His cheapest saiga was 1200. Odd that his pmags were only 15.
    I would check buds frequently as well.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 12:34 AM.

I have multiple items in my cart. Just waiting for them to get in stock. I am on a waiting list for a tennessee manufacturer. I talked with the owner. He just couldn't quote me a price.
    Yeah the market is in such upheaval right now he doesn't know what its gonna be worth tomorrow much less next week. Good luck and if I see anything in stock I will post it up here.

now might be a good time to sell my russian sks

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    now might be a good time to sell my russian sks
    True

Originally Posted by SoonerSteve View Post
    I bought my Stag model 3 about 3 weeks ago here in the Atlanta area. I brokered a deal where they threw in 2 extra Pmags for free, all for $800.

Went to the gun show this past weekend, there were only a few guns there, they were going for around $1450 each.

PMAGS were going for $40-$50 ea. (usually $15)

If you are looking for a AR15, go to Academy or Bass Pro shops and befriend the guys there. A buddy heard they were getting in ammo in their truck last night and low and behold we showed up for ammo and they had received about 12 AR's too. They were at the regular price, around $850

Good luck,
    Ammo is difficult to find too
    Yep... I'm going to stalk my local Walmart and cabelas today...they both got more in this week. I now know when their ups shows up, and will be ready!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Yep... I'm going to stalk my local Walmart and cabelas today...they both got more in this week. I now know when their ups shows up, and will be ready!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    i was at the derby Walmart yesterday...they had nuthin'. Let me know about Cabela's.

There are over 11,000 semi auto rifles for sale at gunbroker.com. You might find what you're looking for there, but be prepared to pay considerably more than you would have paid 30 days ago. 30 rd mags available there as well, but $30-$45 each.

H&H sold 2,000 AR's in 2 days last week. The owner said that last Tuesday they sold as many guns in one day than they do in an average month. Then on Wednesday they doubled Tuesdays sales.