Assault Rifle question?

Posted 985 day(s) ago by nolesooner69822 Views 2066 Replies
Page 8 of 42 6 7 8 9 10 18
    Got an Olympic arms ar15 for 1400.

No scope or mags...but will get you shootin

Originally Posted by ImTheDude View Post
    H&H sold 2,000 AR's in 2 days last week. The owner said that last Tuesday they sold as many guns in one day than they do in an average month. Then on Wednesday they doubled Tuesdays sales.
    2000 is hard to believe....

Agreed, just going off what the article on newsok said.

Agreed, just going off what the article on newsok said.
    who even stocks that many ar's? wonder if they took orders? even then....can't imagine suppliers could begin to fill that kind of demand....

Assault Rifle question?

Dunno how many they sold. I do know that my buddy sent me a pic from inside H&H and their cases that hold the ARs were all empty.

Re: Assault Rifle question?

Originally Posted by SoonerArtillery View Post
    i was at the derby Walmart yesterday...they had nuthin'. Let me know about Cabela's.
    They had a .223 yesterday that lasted 5 min. I live in derby went today, but no dice on firearms delivered. Cabelas is a no go! Straight told me they are done with orders and deliveries

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    2000 is hard to believe....
    I and a buddy of mine who worked and know the guys at Heartland in Edmond have been to the majority of dealers in the OKC area in the last couple of weeks. It's extraordinary how many have been sold. I can believe it.

well now that obama is talking about the "fiscal cliff" he might forget about gun control for quite awhile

Originally Posted by DRminimega67 View Post
    I and a buddy of mine who worked and know the guys at Heartland in Edmond have been to the majority of dealers in the OKC area in the last couple of weeks. It's extraordinary how many have been sold. I can believe it.
    2k is alot of guns...i can't imagine one place stocking that kind of inventory..

its going to be a buyer's market when no ban comes into play and people have to pay their credit card bills for all these rifles they've bought on a whim.
    3 users like bushmaster06's post: eyeballjr, Fahooglegods, sooner68

I'll be looking to buy when some of you guys start selling. I need two for my wife and I. The hog population on our place is outrageous.
    2 users like R3D Mamba's post: Shooter, Sooner Bob

Originally Posted by R3D Mamba View Post
    I'll be looking to buy when some of you guys start selling. I need two for my wife and I. The hog population on our place is outrageous.
    i didn't panic buy.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    i didn't panic buy.
    Same

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Same

Same same....I went and looked but didn't buy.

The ban is coming. I have no doubt about that...at least on AR's and high capacity mags. The gun control lobby and Obama will not let this opportunity pass. I'm more concerned about whether there will be a ban on transferring ownership of AR's, or additional registration requirements for those of us that own them.

Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    The ban is coming. I have no doubt about that...at least on AR's and high capacity mags. The gun control lobby and Obama will not let this opportunity pass. I'm more concerned about whether there will be a ban on transferring ownership of AR's, or additional registration requirements for those of us that own them.
    the repubs control the house...owebama and the gun lobby can cry all they want.....if the repubs hold their ground....there will be no ban....i think they will...
    also....there is no way they would ban ownership transfer on existing weapons....no way in hell

Time will tell. I have a sick feeling that the house is gonna cave for enough votes.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 12:32 AM.

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Time will tell. I have a sick feeling that the house is gonna cave for enough votes.
    This is my fear as well ^

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    If the house caves, that is the last election the repubs will ever win. There base will completely leave them. There are enough dems in red states that won't cave. I'm not even sure they can get feinsteins plan thru the senate as proposed. At best, they might get a ban on high capacity mags.
    ...and I think we are already at this point. If the republicans couldn't unseat Obama after his past four years of antics, I'm not sure they can ever win again. There are already a number of pubs that are showing signs of caving, and even the NRA has been uncharacteristically silent since Sandy Hook. We saw what Barrack was capable of pulling off when he shoved obamacare up our asses. And yes, I realize that he did have both the house and senate at the time, but now he doesn't have to worry about re-election (Remember what he told Mr. Putin..."I'll have more flexibility after I'm re-elected") If anyone thinks that he and his felonious AG are not capable of pulling some shady shit with gun control (i.e. Executive Order), they are living in la la land.

There's no reliable outcome for gun owners on this issue right now.

Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    This is my fear as well ^

...and I think we are already at this point. If the republicans couldn't unseat Obama after his past four years of antics, I'm not sure they can ever win again. There are already a number of pubs that are showing signs of caving, and even the NRA has been uncharacteristically silent since Sandy Hook. We saw what Barrack was capable of pulling off when he shoved obamacare up our asses. And yes, I realize that he did have both the house and senate at the time, but now he doesn't have to worry about re-election (Remember what he told Mr. Putin..."I'll have more flexibility after I'm re-elected") If anyone thinks that he and his felonious AG are not capable of pulling some shady shit with gun control (i.e. Executive Order), they are living in la la land.

There's no reliable outcome for gun owners on this issue right now.
    Not sure if serious....

Guys, if a meaningful ban was coming Obama would not have put Joe Biden in charge of a blue ribbon commission. Google Simpson Bowles - commissions are for acting like you put a lot of thought into fixing a problem and then putting their ideas in a drawer. Republicans won't cave on guns and there are enough Dems from conservative states to pass it. The WV Dem Senator already had an article that all but said no gun control.

It's going to be like Christmas all over again when my magazine orders start arriving . . .
    The following users like this post: ImTheDude

2k is alot of guns...i can't imagine one place stocking that kind of inventory..
    Gun sales have been on the rise even before these latest shootings occurred. Places like H&H who have a huge customer base with money could have placed big orders from their dealers. The shootings heightened the sales. Gun stores that have been in businesses for sometime know what drives their sales. I guarantee you the morning of the shooting on the 14th, these big gun stores called all of their dealers and told them to send them everything they had.

Just got back from the gun show in OKC, it was by far the busiest I've ever seen one here. Pmags were going fot $70-$100 and the Sig m400 I paid $1k for 2 weeks ago was for sale for $2600. I did pick up an old Browning A5 16ga that I've been looking for for a while.

Just got back from the gun show in OKC, it was by far the busiest I've ever seen one here. Pmags were going fot $70-$100 and the Sig m400 I paid $1k for 2 weeks ago was for sale for $2600. I did pick up an old Browning A5 16ga that I've been looking for for a while.
    Same with the Wichita gun show today...except I saw pmags in the 40-50$ range.

Anyone have any experience with Saiga 12's? Just curious to others' experiences with them.

I love my Sweet 16...untold number of rounds and never a jam...
    2 users like pphilfran's post: BobBarker, ImTheDude

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 12:05 AM.

Originally Posted by DRminimega67 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with Saiga 12's? Just curious to others' experiences with them.
    i believe bk2x runs one for his 3-gun competitions. you should shoot him a pm.

Stop by Academy on Monday's and get there right as they open . . . that's how I was able to get a Pmag for $12. Wish I could've gotten a few more.

got a pmag from my brother today for Christmas.....
    he said he got on gunbroker the evening after the shooting in newtown and started buying all the pmags he could get....

This is ridiculous. Glad I stocked up on mags months ago.

Same with the Wichita gun show today...except I saw pmags in the 40-50$ range.
    I'm glad I didn't waste my time going then... Kinda had a feeling it was going to be like that.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Did they have a lot of ammo for sale?

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Did they have a lot of ammo for sale?
    Hardly any at all, just a few boxes here and there. I did see a stack of blazer 9mm going for $17 a box.

Pmags here for 50 and 70 (ar)

Kings guns booth has pmag for 35 (non black) and 50 for black ..limit 2

50 rd box of 9mm plastic tips for 16.43 at marks firearms booth

50 rd box of 9mm plastic tips for 16.43 at marks firearms booth
    I snatched up several boxes of 9mm zombie max from cabelas for $17 a box before they sold out the other day!

Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    I snatched up several boxes of 9mm zombie max from cabelas for $17 a box before they sold out the other day!
    I conducted some covert ops and gained intel on your walmart info....I too now know when they receive their shipments...
    The following users like this post: Sooners2007

I conducted some covert ops and gained intel on your walmart info....I too now know when they receive their shipments...
    As long as I get mine, your good!

Me first, me first. Derby is the only wally world around here that sells rifles isnt it?

*cough* need info

As long as I get mine, your good!

Me first, me first. Derby is the only wally world around here that sells rifles isnt it?
    See you tomorrow! I believe they are.

*cough* need info
    Sorry...it's jr. military classified info...

Sorry...it's jr. military classified info...
    lol

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 10:37 PM.

Anyone in the know... whats the skinny on if I have a relative that finds an AR for me in another state. Could they buy it for me, then I have them ship it to my FFL dealer here in my state for the transfer?

Anyone in the know... whats the skinny on if I have a relative that finds an AR for me in another state. Could they buy it for me, then I have them ship it to my FFL dealer here in my state for the transfer?
    yes.

yeah...that's basically how gunbroker.com works....

yeah...that's basically how gunbroker.com works....
    and every other online gun purchase.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    and every other online gun purchase.
    +1