Assault Rifle question?

Posted 1014 day(s) ago by nolesooner70638 Views 2078 Replies
Results 601 to 650 of 2079
Page 13 of 42 3 11 12 13 14 15 23
  1. #601
    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    ^^^ My AK won't fit in that.
    They have them in sizes to fit 4 AR's and rifles/shotguns up to 30".

    http://www.survival-warehouse.com/Mo...m#.UPV7FPJyGSo
    The following users like this post: bushmaster06


  2. #602
    PVC is a whole lot cheaper.
    The following users like this post: SoonerArtillery


  3. #603
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,926
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    They have them in sizes to fit 4 AR's and rifles/shotguns up to 30".

    http://www.survival-warehouse.com/Mo...m#.UPV7FPJyGSo
    I'd rather have the underground arms locker from Terminator 2.
    The following users like this post: fdubzou


  4. #604
    Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Heard the same thing. It's telling me that any ban that may come may be retroactive, which will cause a shit storm of epics portions.
    Maybe time to get some of these:
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=919185
    IMO, anything retroactive will cause (in order of probability): 1. Certain states to give the Federal govt the middle finger (ala Wyoming) 2. States to break off from the US/or threaten to 3. Civil war

    IMO, they are going to have a hard enough time just to get a ban like they did in 1994, making it retroactive will not happen unless its by executive order and then I can see calls for impeachment on the horizon.

  5. #605
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    6,273
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    This could get ugly.

  6. #606
    deadserious's Avatar
    Posts
    1,179
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO

    Assault Rifle question?

    ****ing New York. No way that's gonna fly in Texas, Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Arizona, etc, not to mention every single southern state. This is gonna get ugly ...

  7. #607
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,360
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Re: Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by deadserious View Post
    ****ing New York. No way that's gonna fly in Texas, Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Arizona, etc, not to mention every single southern state. This is gonna get ugly ...
    Yep. So glad I live in the deep south.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  8. #608

    Re: Assault Rifle question?

    What happened?

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

  9. #609
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,360
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Re: Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    What happened?

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Short and sweet New York banned all new sales of "assault rifles" and any mag that holds more than 7 rounds.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  10. #610
    Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Short and sweet New York banned all new sales of "assault rifles" and any mag that holds more than 7 rounds.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    And I say "so what" ? California did something similar long ago.
    I sure wish I would have hoarded more ammo to sell right now. Screw the stock market. Trade bullets.

  11. #611

    Re: Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Short and sweet New York banned all new sales of "assault rifles" and any mag that holds more than 7 rounds.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Daaaaaamn!

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

  12. #612
    .
    Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 08:10 PM.

  13. #613
    That should prevent a lot of violent crime, no way bad guys are gonna do bad things now that they only have 7 bullets.

  14. #614
    deadserious's Avatar
    Posts
    1,179
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO

    Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    Yep. Sounds like you have a year in New York to get rid of anything capable of more than 7 rounds.
    It will get repealed.

  15. #615
    tcrb's Avatar
    Posts
    5,059
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Behind enemy lines

    Glad I moved to Texas. Wish I'd stockpiled more ammo

  16. #616
    I don't have much. Best plan to wait until things calm down?

  17. #617
    Originally Posted by FriarDan View Post
    I don't have much. Best plan to wait until things calm down?
    At this point, yes. Unless you can just get some really good deals, there is no point in buying overpriced ammo.

    Once the ban stuff is all straightened out, the prices will go back down.
    2 users like ResidentEvil's post: Fahooglegods, FriarDan


  18. #618

    Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    At this point, yes. Unless you can just get some really good deals, there is no point in buying overpriced ammo.

    Once the ban stuff is all straightened out, the prices will go back down.
    Shhhhhh.......don't let my wife hear that.
    The following users like this post: SoonerArtillery


  19. #619

    Assault Rifle question?

    This has been a great opportunity to buy more shit, well until the prices got out of control anyway. I started buying stuff before the election.

  20. #620
    At this point I have the feeling that my money is best spent on ammo and accessories for guns I already have instead of getting more guns.

    I have pump 12, a semi 12, a pump 20, 30-30, .357 revolver and .380acp semi

  21. #621
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,926
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by FriarDan View Post
    At this point I have the feeling that my money is best spent on ammo and accessories for guns I already have instead of getting more guns.

    I have pump 12, a semi 12, a pump 20, 30-30, .357 revolver and .380acp semi
    for the most part, this is how i have approached this situation.

  22. #622

    Assault Rifle question?

    Same here, the only new gun I have bought recently is a 22, but that was a couple months ago. I was trying to stock up on some stuff BEFORE the madness hit, I just wasn't fast enough.

  23. #623
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,926
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by Steve O'Seinus View Post
    Same here, the only new gun I have bought recently is a 22, but that was a couple months ago. I was trying to stock up on some stuff BEFORE the madness hit, I just wasn't fast enough.
    i'm glad i was able to pick up some reasonably priced mags for my beretta and saiga.

  24. #624
    About the only thing I would like to get would be a ruger 10/22. Not sure what stock I'd like with it though.

  25. #625

    Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by FriarDan View Post
    About the only thing I would like to get would be a ruger 10/22. Not sure what stock I'd liie with it though.
    I bought the new takedown model. It's Really nice. Only about 20$ more than the regular model. It comes apart quick and has its own little pack to stow it in. It's stainless/synthetic. They may be hard to find at the moment.

  26. #626
    nlight1's Avatar
    Posts
    3,071
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Assault Rifle question?

    New York's new gun legislation is ridiculous.

  27. #627

    Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    New York's new gun legislation is ridiculous.
    Is that any surprise though?

  28. #628

    Re: Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    i'm glad i was able to pick up some reasonably priced mags for my beretta and saiga.
    Yeah I luckily ordered a few mags for my glock (33rd and 15rd), and my mossberg .22 tactical (25rd) before the ridiculous prices started. I'm really thinking about snagging a 50rd drum for the glock even though the price is doubled now. Whatcha think?

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

  29. #629

    Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    Yeah I luckily ordered a few mags for my glock (33rd and 15rd), and my mossberg .22 tactical (25rd) before the ridiculous prices started. I'm really thinking about snagging a 50rd drum for the glock even though the price is doubled now. Whatcha think?

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    I think your handgun doesn't make a good rifle.

  30. #630
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,926
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    Yeah I luckily ordered a few mags for my glock (33rd and 15rd), and my mossberg .22 tactical (25rd) before the ridiculous prices started. I'm really thinking about snagging a 50rd drum for the glock even though the price is doubled now. Whatcha think?

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    meh, only if you were going to sell it later.

  31. #631

    Re: Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by Steve O'Seinus View Post
    I think your handgun doesn't make a good rifle.
    Huh?

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

  32. #632

    Assault Rifle question?

    I just don't see any practical use for a 50 round drum magazine for a pistol. But whatever floats your boat.
    The following users like this post: Fahooglegods


  33. #633

    Assault Rifle question?

    I'm not being critical, just not something I would do.

  34. #634
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,926
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by Steve O'Seinus View Post
    I just don't see any practical use for a 50 round drum magazine for a pistol. But whatever floats your boat.
    the kriss super v takes .45acp glock mags.

  35. #635
    .
    Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 08:09 PM.

  36. #636
    Originally Posted by Steve O'Seinus View Post
    I just don't see any practical use for a 50 round drum magazine for a pistol. But whatever floats your boat.
    Dude... take out 50 zombies on the run! Right?

  37. #637

    Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    the kriss super v takes .45acp glock mags.
    That makes more sense.

  38. #638

    Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    Dude... take out 50 zombies on the run! Right?
    Haha, point taken. Although I would still prefer my AR for that.

  39. #639
    Originally Posted by Steve O'Seinus View Post
    Haha, point taken. Although I would still prefer my AR for that.
    I wish I could have snagged one. Im tired of waiting around my local wally world like a crack head, waiting for the UPS to show up. I just gave up. If anyone sees one that isnt gouged beyond belief Im a ready buyer, other than that, I have to be content with what I have now.

  40. #640

    Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    I wish I could have snagged one. Im tired of waiting around my local wally world like a crack head, waiting for the UPS to show up. I just gave up. If anyone sees one that isnt gouged beyond belief Im a ready buyer, other than that, I have to be content with what I have now.
    Yeah I hear ya.

  41. #641
    Originally Posted by Steve O'Seinus View Post
    Yeah I hear ya.
    They're the only ones around here that arent jacking up the prices, but you have to be crazy lucky to be there at the right time. People camp out there waiting on them, they last literally 5-10 minutes after being unboxed.

  42. #642
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,926
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    They're the only ones around here that arent jacking up the prices, but you have to be crazy lucky to be there at the right time. People camp out there waiting on them, they last literally 5-10 minutes after being unboxed.
    i know a guy that works the sporting goods counter at the westside walmart in norman and he said they get trucks every morning. he made it sound like its the driver's first stop.

  43. #643

    Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Short and sweet New York banned all new sales of "assault rifles" and any mag that holds more than 7 rounds.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Don't forget they also are now requiring background checks on all ammo sales and the store who sells the ammo must keep a record of every sale of ammo. They've also banned all internet sales of ammo.
    The following users like this post: Fahooglegods


  44. #644

    Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    Anyone used a 100 rd drum for their ar?
    No. But I did buy a Surefire 60 round mag a year or so ago after finding a hell of deal. I was going to buy their 100 round mag but never got around to it. Wish i would have now.

  45. #645
    What do you think...is 1k rounds the minimum to keep on hand?

  46. #646

    Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by FriarDan View Post
    What do you think...is 1k rounds the minimum to keep on hand?
    Depends on how good a shot you are.

  47. #647
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,360
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Re: Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by FriarDan View Post
    At this point I have the feeling that my money is best spent on ammo and accessories for guns I already have instead of getting more guns.

    I have pump 12, a semi 12, a pump 20, 30-30, .357 revolver and .380acp semi
    Add in spare parts for my existing weapons and mag springs and I'm right there with ya.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    The following users like this post: bushmaster06


  48. #648
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,360
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Re: Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    No. But I did buy a Surefire 60 round mag a year or so ago after finding a hell of deal. I was going to buy their 100 round mag but never got around to it. Wish i would have now.
    The surefire mags are far far better then the drums. It seems the drums will misfeed or jam 1outta 10.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  49. #649
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,926
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Add in spare parts for my existing weapons and mag springs and I'm right there with ya.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    i need to pick up some spare firing pins, recoil springs, and magazine springs, followers, and maybe some floor plates.
    2 users like bushmaster06's post: Fahooglegods, Sooners2007


  50. #650
    PigSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,560
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR

    Assault Rifle question?

    Originally Posted by Steve O'Seinus View Post
    I bought the new takedown model. It's Really nice. Only about 20$ more than the regular model. It comes apart quick and has its own little pack to stow it in. It's stainless/synthetic. They may be hard to find at the moment.
    Store here in fayetteville has at least 5 in stock in multiple color

Similar Threads

  1. AD's son has passed away after assault.
    By smot poker in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: October 14th, 2013, 09:27 AM
  2. A&M: Two players charged with assault
    By usaosooner in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: July 3rd, 2013, 03:08 PM
  3. Ban Assault Cleavage!
    By Muscletang in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: May 6th, 2013, 03:54 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM