What did you have for dinner last night?

Posted 2081 day(s) ago by jdmt37217436 Views 3596 Replies
Results 3,551 to 3,597 of 3597
Page 72 of 72 22 62 70 71 72
    Originally Posted by ThievingMagpie View Post
    That really looks awesome.

What are the differences between red curry and green curry?
    One is red, one is green? I think green is hotter. She's already planning on green next time. Only thing out of a can was the coconut milk. The house smelled glorious when I came in from breaking my hay mower damn near in half. Getting a new one delivered tomorrow. Can't make any money farming, but it's a nice distraction/hobby.

Originally Posted by Slytherin View Post
    Wife made red curry chicken tonight. First time in forever. It was so very damn good.

My wife is addicted to red and yellow curry.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by wendyaveli View Post
    Made some ol tator tot casserole today. added a little sour cream to it cause Chp likes it
    Then Chp is a mighty good egg.

Made Garlic Butter Shrimp following this recipe. It was delish !!!

Eggplant Lasagna and cauliflower bread.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Salty Sow in Austin

Duck Fat Fries

Charcuterie board with country style pate, chicken liver mousse, duck ham, Italian sausage, salmon pastrami (all made in house), a goat Gouda and a Grayson.

Catfish taco with chipotle remoulade

Banana Foster Beignets with nutmeg ice cream from Amy's. They used the beignet mix from Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans too. One of the best desserts I've ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: PokeJ

Lousy wedding reception food

A bunch of beer.
    Originally Posted by Crazyivan View Post
    Lousy wedding reception food
    The following users like this post: Crazyivan

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    Salty Sow in Austin

Duck Fat Fries

Charcuterie board with country style pate, chicken liver mousse, duck ham, Italian sausage, salmon pastrami (all made in house), a goat Gouda and a Grayson.

Banana Foster Beignets with nutmeg ice cream from Amy's. They used the beignet mix from Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans too. One of the best desserts I've ever had.

What the hell is in that first photo? Looks like raw chicken.

Originally Posted by CrimsonHeaven View Post
    What the hell is in that first photo? Looks like raw chicken.
    They call it a 110 minute egg. It's an egg cooked sous vide style. You dip the fries into it. Odd concept... but it was tasty as hell. Triple fried duck fat fit into it somehow... I dunno. It was awesome.

They call it a 110 minute egg. It's an egg cooked sous vide style. You dip the fries into it. Odd concept... but it was tasty as hell. Triple fried duck fat fit into it somehow... I dunno. It was awesome.

Kind of like dipping your toast in an over easy egg. Sound delicious

The following users like this post: SportyJames

Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    Kind of like dipping your toast in an over easy egg. Sound delicious

It was pretty awesome

Salty Sow in Austin

Duck Fat Fries

Would. Might regret it, but would. So far the only things I've ever spat out is super fishy fish and guts. And Only the guts my momma used to cook. I've eaten plenty since then and they were alright.

So, it is raw chicken?

wanted the new porter they had on tap last night, so the best on the menu for a really dark beer was the b.l.t. with fries. delish.

Would. Might regret it, but would. So far the only things I've ever spat out is super fishy fish and guts. And Only the guts my momma used to cook. I've eaten plenty since then and they were alright.
    The pâté wasn't my favorite. It was housemade and that place puts their own twist on everything, so who knows. I'll give it a shot again. The chicken liver mousse was really tasty.

Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    So, it is raw chicken?
    Essentially, yes.

Holy crap you wanna talk bombdiggity? The wife threw this together for supper last night. Green curry chicken with flax seed, celery seed, green/red peppers, a bunch of veggies, almonds, pine nuts, and broccoli slaw in place of rice. Low carb, high protein, and delicious as hell.

2 users like Slytherin's post: PokeJ, ThievingMagpie

Holy crap you wanna talk bombdiggity? The wife threw this together for supper last night. Green curry chicken with flax seed, celery seed, green/red peppers, a bunch of veggies, almonds, pine nuts, and broccoli slaw in place of rice. Low carb, high protein, and delicious as hell.

I'd eat that.

The following users like this post: Slytherin

When it's time for the output of that, I believe we just found something comparable to the Darlin'

Originally Posted by Crazyivan View Post
    When it's time for the output of that, I believe we just found something comparable to the Darlin'
    Oh no comparison. The Darlin' didn't have veggies other than the Green Goddess dressing. Wait. Was there lettuce or something on there? I never had one when I wasn't completely faced. I remember eggs, chili, green goddess...in double vision.
    The following users like this post: Crazyivan

Looks like you went back for seconds and thirds on the first trip through.
    2 users like SixBean's post: Slytherin, ThievingMagpie

my photos upload[/IMG]

Chops, sprouts and baked potatoes.
    The following users like this post: Slytherin

It was Taco Tuesday so a few carne asada and barbacoa street tacos with some kind of hellfire devil sauce they gave me on the side, which this morning burned just as bad on the way out.
    The following users like this post: AcousticSoup

Grilled salami, turkey, bacon sammich avocado, provolone, lettuce, garden tomatoes on Jewish rye. Hellman's mayo. Win.

2 users like Slytherin's post: Crazyivan, PokeJ

I had slow-cooked a pork shoulder earlier this week, and had purchased some mango salsa last time I visited Sam's, so I used them for tacos. Great flavor combination, need to do the mango with fish fillets, too.

Had Delmonicos for dinner last night. It goes without saying the filet was outstanding. The German Chocolate cake was incredible.

Last bowls of chicken chili and mexican.....errrr, ummmm, hispanic cornbread from the previous night. Followed later with a 7:30 p.m. helping of vanilla bean ice cream and Hershey's chocolate syrup.

The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie

Be careful. That is about to latch onto your face and impregnate you.
    2 users like SportyJames's post: TheBoots, ThievingMagpie

Originally Posted by krock918316 View Post
    Had Delmonicos for dinner last night. It goes without saying the filet was outstanding. The German Chocolate cake was incredible.

Is that the filet, the cake, or both?
    The following users like this post: Mjcpr

Got drug to Cattleman’s tonight. It was better than my last experience but still nothing worth driving across town for. Generally the service is pretty good there. Tonight, we had the B team. Their House dressing is delicious though.

Santa Fe Soup...perfect for those cool October nights. And the upcoming November evenings too.
    1 lb hamburger
    1 small onion chopped
    2 cans pinto beans
    1 can whole kernel corn
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can black beans
    1 can stewed tomatoes
    1 can ro-tel tomatoes
    1 pkg ranch dressing
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    garlic to taste
    Brown the beef and onions, drain the grease. Mix all ingredients in a large pot, do not drain any of the cans. You may want to add about a half cup of water. Warm it up and it's ready. Easy to make and easy to double if you have a really large group. Boomer!
    3 users like ouwasp's post: Clark W. Griswold, Mixer!, Petro-Sooner

Originally Posted by ouwasp View Post
    Santa Fe Soup...perfect for those cool October nights. And the upcoming November evenings too.
    1 lb hamburger
    1 small onion chopped
    2 cans pinto beans
    1 can whole kernel corn
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can black beans
    1 can stewed tomatoes
    1 can ro-tel tomatoes
    1 pkg ranch dressing
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    garlic to taste
    Brown the beef and onions, drain the grease. Mix all ingredients in a large pot, do not drain any of the cans. You may want to add about a half cup of water. Warm it up and it's ready. Easy to make and easy to double if you have a really large group. Boomer!
    That's what we call Taco Soup.

2 users like PokeJ's post: Clark W. Griswold, mgsooner

That's what we call Taco Soup.

Yep, I make a variation of this fairly regularly

I've got congestion and a sore throat so I had chicken noodle soup with lots of ****es. There's no better treatment. Or at least, no tastier. (no, it's not chicken noodle soup from a can)

Originally Posted by Jenn and tonic View Post
    I've got congestion and a sore throat so I had chicken noodle soup with lots of ****es. There's no better treatment. Or at least, no tastier. (no, it's not chicken noodle soup from a can)
    Jewish penicillin. Works every time.
    The following users like this post: Hogarita

Jewish penicillin. Works every time.
    Does that work like Petercillin...???

Oh. My. Lawd.

1. El Arbolito tortillas

2. 1015 onion in tinfoil with fresh honey from Durango, Mexico. Wrap in tin foil in onion shape with 4 chili pray in on top with honey and dap of butter on bottom.

3. Three pound slab of sirloin fajita, cleaned, treated, not butterflied, from De La Garza Meat Market in Edinburg.

Prepare pit with mesquite wood. Spray lighter fluid liberally. Close pit for 30 minutes. Open pit and spray about another one sixth fluid on wood. Allow to absorb with lid open. Light.

Let burn with out lid open for around 30 minutes until wood is a quarter burnt through, tendiing fire for even burn.

Use onion to clean grill and then prepare as above with remnants.

Place onion to one side, off fire and place fajita slab one half off fire .

Cook for some 20 to 30 minutes depending on fire heat.

Turn fajita when ready.

Let cook another 20 to 30 minutes.

With ten minutes left, open and start warming tortillas.

Remove fajita, let set for ten minutes.

Take onion and open into cup shape. Stir to prepare.

Cut fajita grain wise into three inch strips. Then cut those strips at 15 degree angle against the grain.

Serve

The Boz pizza from Hideaway on Memorial.

Tator Tot Casserole

Grilled cheese (havarti + habanero jack+ basil + a little drizzled honey) on buttered sourdough and tomato bisque.
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie

The Rouxpour for JUMBO LUMP CRABMEAT AU GRATIN, BOILED SHRIMP, & CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE GUMBO

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    The Rouxpour for JUMBO LUMP CRABMEAT AU GRATIN, BOILED SHRIMP, & CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE GUMBO
    Pictures would be nice.

Pictures would be nice.

It was actually very good for eating at a mall (Baybrook). It's not seafood and it's not "cajun". It's NOLA food.

I used to be in NOLA maybe three times a year, always for my birthday, for years. After Katrina we went on about a 7 year hiatus, but we could get anything we wanted to eat in Houston because of the 250k+ refugees. They say up to 100k stayed. You can feel the influence.

Don't get me wrong. It ain't NOLA. But it is pretty good for driving 5 minutes instead of 5 hours.

Originally Posted by krock918316 View Post

Delmonicos is one of my favorites.