What did you have for dinner last night?

Posted 1846 day(s) ago by jdmt37157629 Views 3521 Replies
Results 251 to 300 of 3522
Page 6 of 71 4 5 6 7 8 16 56
  1. #251
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    15,648
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls



    I've been doing great on my diet and my brother in law just got back to Korea.

    Handcut ribeyes from a local farm and mesquite smoke em.

    It's a celebration ****es....
    3 users like AcousticSoup's post: guest, jdmt37, waynepayne


  2. #252
    soonerprices Guest
    soonerprices's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post


    I've been doing great on my diet and my brother in law just got back to Korea.

    Handcut ribeyes from a local farm and mesquite smoke em.

    It's a celebration ****es....
    It's time for a bigger grill

  3. #253
    jdmt37's Avatar
    Posts
    6,442
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    I grilled said chicken. It was awesome. Made garlic parm roasted potatoes. Had a few beers too. By a few i mean 7.

  4. #254
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    15,648
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    It's time for a bigger grill
    That's my smoker. That's the hot box in the picture, the main is attached to it. We seared them a minute or two on each side and then put them up in the big grill to finish off at around 200 for 20-25 minutes. They cooked to a perfect medium/medium well when all was said and done. Had a great smoke flavor and a ring around the edges.

    I guess the picture didn't do it justice.

  5. #255
    soonerprices Guest
    soonerprices's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    That's my smoker. That's the hot box in the picture, the main is attached to it. We seared them a minute or two on each side and then put them up in the big grill to finish off at around 200 for 20-25 minutes. They cooked to a perfect medium/medium well when all was said and done. Had a great smoke flavor and a ring around the edges.

    I guess the picture didn't do it justice.
    Ah I see now, is that a reverse flow?

  6. #256
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    6,292
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    That's my smoker. That's the hot box in the picture, the main is attached to it. We seared them a minute or two on each side and then put them up in the big grill to finish off at around 200 for 20-25 minutes. They cooked to a perfect medium/medium well when all was said and done. Had a great smoke flavor and a ring around the edges.

    I guess the picture didn't do it justice.
    Does not compute
    The following users like this post: Eigenvalue


  7. #257

  8. #258
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    15,648
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Ah I see now, is that a reverse flow?
    Nope. It's a normal smoker. Pretty straight forward design.

    I really wanted smoky flavor and definitely got it with that method. It turned out so tender. It was basically half steak and half brisket. But it retained its moisture with the hot sear job and prior coating of olive oil, cracked pepper and sea salt.

  9. #259
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    15,648
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    Does not compute
    Yeah, I like my steak medium rare. I was just experimenting with the smoker and that's what came out. I was also grilling for ten last night. It made it much easier.
    The following users like this post: The Baconator®


  10. #260
    waynepayne's Avatar
    Posts
    3,804
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paseo North

    BTT, then went to patio at Louies got drunkish.



  11. #261
    Turkey chili.

  12. #262
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    31,466
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    Yeah, I like my steak medium rare. I was just experimenting with the smoker and that's what came out. I was also grilling for ten last night. It made it much easier.
    There's still no such thing as a perfect medium-well.

  13. #263
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    15,648
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    There's still no such thing as a perfect medium-well.
    Agreed. We had a couple that liked them that way. I just gave them the ones closest to the box.

  14. #264
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    6,292
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Tequila lime chicken, rice and black beans.

  15. #265
    Chicken with taters and a big salad with honey mustard dressing

  16. #266
    Working a new thing.
    Grillers, cover your eyes.

    Jumbo Sized can of Garbonzo beans. Boiled for about 15 min with water from the can. Mashed to smooth as best I can. Would use a beater if I had one (no thanks dad, LOL, jk).
    Add 1Tblsp oil, garlic powder, 1 tsp of Peanut butter, sea salt and 2 TBlsp of Sriracha sauce. Cooked for 5 min. Chopped 1/2 Bell pepper and 1/4 onion and add.
    Cook for 5 more min.

    Threw that shit on some Wheat tortillas with some chopped tomato and lettuce. Douse with Sriracha sauce.
    Go to town.
    ****in good if you like a ton of flavor, a ton of protein and a buttload of fiber.
    The following users like this post: Aurora


  17. #267
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    6,292
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Chicken fajitas with grilled onions and bell peppers, guac, fresh pico and salsa on corn tortillas.

  18. #268
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    40,605
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Frosted Flakes.

  19. #269
    Salad with some chicken

  20. #270
    jdmt37's Avatar
    Posts
    6,442
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Originally Posted by HorpelKrufkin View Post
    Working a new thing.
    Grillers, cover your eyes.

    Jumbo Sized can of Garbonzo beans. Boiled for about 15 min with water from the can. Mashed to smooth as best I can. Would use a beater if I had one (no thanks dad, LOL, jk).
    Add 1Tblsp oil, garlic powder, 1 tsp of Peanut butter, sea salt and 2 TBlsp of Sriracha sauce. Cooked for 5 min. Chopped 1/2 Bell pepper and 1/4 onion and add.
    Cook for 5 more min.

    Threw that shit on some Wheat tortillas with some chopped tomato and lettuce. Douse with Sriracha sauce.
    Go to town.
    ****in good if you like a ton of flavor, a ton of protein and a buttload of fiber.
    Pretty sure i shit something this morning that probably looked a lot like that.
    2 users like jdmt37's post: Cthulhu, HorpelKrufkin


  21. #271
    Mac n Cheese.

  22. #272
    Goldies cheeseburger and a bowl full of pickles.
    And it was a perfect medium well.

  23. #273
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    40,605
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Roasted chicken with red potatoes & carrots. Yum.

  24. #274
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    35,772
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Ham steaks , corn on the cob, peas, pretzle rolls and mashed potatoes

  25. #275
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    6,292
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Whole wheat pita pizza with an arugula and feta salad
    The following users like this post: snr2013


  26. #276
    lemongrass tofu banh mi sandwich from coriander cafe with rasberry hibiscus tea

  27. #277
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    15,648
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    Had leftover steak from the cookout, so made a steak and egg sandwich with Valentina. It was a real egg too, over medium. Had to wash my goatee out afterwards.

    Scrumdiddlyumptious.

  28. #278
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    15,648
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    And it was a perfect medium well.

  29. #279
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    15,648
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    Originally Posted by Adrienne78 View Post
    Ham steaks , corn on the cob, peas, pretzle rolls and mashed potatoes
    Holy shit, you eat normal food too?

  30. #280

  31. #281
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    35,772
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    Holy shit, you eat normal food too?
    YES!

  32. #282
    jdmt37's Avatar
    Posts
    6,442
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Package of tuna, and a salad.

  33. #283

  34. #284
    Grilled ham n cheese, funyons, and a pepsi.
    Full of crap that's bad for me. But, damn did taste good.

  35. #285
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    6,292
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Citrus and Thai pepper chicken with brown rice and red beans.

  36. #286
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    40,605
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    chicken with steamed rice, peas & carrots.

  37. #287
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    8,910
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.


  38. #288
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    40,605
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    Hair?

    Why ya gotta always bring the dirty??

  39. #289
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    8,910
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Originally Posted by RMoGib View Post
    Hair?

    Why ya gotta always bring the dirty??
    That's gourmet ramen. I had some rice cakes as a side dish.

  40. #290
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    40,605
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    That's gourmet ramen. I had some rice cakes as a side dish.
    Uh huh

  41. #291
    jdmt37's Avatar
    Posts
    6,442
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Originally Posted by namor71 View Post
    Who shit on your steak?

  42. #292
    Originally Posted by jdmt37 View Post
    Who shit on your steak?

    Twas pepper sauce

  43. #293
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    15,648
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    Originally Posted by namor71 View Post
    Twas pepper sauce...!!!
    .

  44. #294
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    15,648
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    King crab.

    A lot of it. Sister's going away dinner.

    Afterwards my face and hands smelled like I'd tossed Poseidon's salad. It was awesome.

    (the king crab, not tossing Poseidon's salad)

  45. #295
    Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    (the king crab, not tossing Poseidon's salad)
    Uh-huh.

  46. #296
    jdmt37's Avatar
    Posts
    6,442
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Tonight i'm making Jason's awesome chicken and shit. It the reciepe thread. Should wind up dinner around 3ish tomorrow morning.

  47. #297
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    35,772
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Home made pizza

    Fun Land

  48. #298
    yellow dal and paratha
    The following users like this post: HorpelKrufkin


  49. #299
    Phat Philly's with bacon and mushrooms.
    The following users like this post: The Baconator®


  50. #300
    Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    King crab.

    A lot of it. Sister's going away dinner.

    Afterwards my face and hands smelled like I'd tossed Poseidon's salad. It was awesome.

    (the king crab, not tossing Poseidon's salad)
    I absolutely love crab legs! When I lived in Virginia I had a neighbor who taught me to dip crabmeat in cider vinegar instead of butter, wonderful way to save a few hundred fat calories.

    Oh, I had grapes for dinner.

Similar Threads

  1. Birthday dinner
    By Sieve in forum The Pub
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: August 13th, 2012, 11:11 AM