Brewing beer...

Posted 2186 day(s) ago by Shooter16675 Views 106 Replies
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    Live, thread!

Just installed the Pico C in it's place of honor in the kitchen. Anyone investing in some of these plug and play technologies?

First batch is a doppelbock, but I got a bad feeling I'm going to need to skirt the rules a bit for a solid lagering. Thoughts?

South Norman

Pico C looks really cool for those who need a small batch of something. I'd love to have one as it is usually just me drinking my 5 gallons I brew. I just have too much invested in equipment to downsize like that. Let us know how it turns out!

Originally Posted by OUDoc View Post
    3 batches in the past 2 years. I'm not happy about that.
    I'm going to make the time to brew some more. It relaxes me.
    damn I already asked this a long time ago.

Should be done fermenting according to the Picobrew instructions on the 19th.

Herein lies the question.

The pack (doppelbock) came with a lager yeast, but nowhere in any of the documentation does it mention the lower temps of a bottom fermenting yeast. I get the premise of set it and forget it, but I'm legitimately spooked about the realism of pulling an 8+ ABV with a lager yeast at 68-70 degrees over only two and a half weeks without a proper airlock to monitor fermentation rate.

All that, and no mention of off flavors. We'll see, I guess.

Oklahoma City

I've never used the Picobrew system but I would worry too. That temperature is too high to lager.
    Any Picobrew forums that you can check?

Tulsa, OK USA

Which do you all prefer to brew with?

Malt extracts (Syrups)
    Dry Malts cooked to wort?

If you use Dry Malts, what system or process are you using?

Originally Posted by dallasstars10 View Post
    Anyone brewed a sour beer? Looks like it takes a little too much work and time.
    You’ll need dedicated sour equipment. Once you use it for a sour, it doesn’t go back. Seriously, the bacteria is impossible to clean out of everything.
    The following users like this post: dallasstars10