**WWE /Pro Wrasslin Thread**

Posted 988 day(s) ago by usaosooner83243 Views 2820 Replies
Results 201 to 250 of 2821
Page 5 of 57 3 4 5 6 7 15 55
  1. #201
    ozz's Avatar
    Posts
    2,149
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas

    Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    They've got it set up now for The Dwayne to beat CM Punk at Royal Rumble and face Cena in a rematch at Wrasslemania for the title(which Cena will win) after Cena wins the Rumble.
    I plan on being at both shows. I was hoping for the Rock/Punk match to also be at Wrestlemania, but figured this is the route they'd go.

  2. #202
    If you liked wrestling in the late 90's and have 30 minutes to kill You'll enjoy the hell out of this


  3. #203
    That was a really well done match. The spot off the table in the corner and the ladder spot was awesome. I have really enjoyed the Shield group so far, but Ryback is just terrible.

  4. #204
    WWE is looking to kick of 2013 with a bang. With RAW’s struggling ratings sinking even lower for the final two taped “holiday” shows of 2012, next Monday’s live show represents a fresh start for the company’s flagship show and steps are being taken to jumpstart the new year.

    Next Monday’s RAW will be up against stiff competition with the college football BCS Championship game, so WWE is bringing in The Rock for a special appearance and will feature WWE Champion CM Punk defending against Ryback in a Tables, Ladders & Chairs match. According to sources in WWE, there are big plans for Monday’s RAW that will have everybody buzzing by the time 11:15pm (ET) rolls around.

    The following week (1/14) is the 20th Anniversary of WWE RAW – and there will be appearances from various WWE legends to add some star power to the historic night. With the show taking place from Houston, Texas – it’s possible we’ll see appearances from local legends The Undertaker, Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels. It’s also rumored that WWE will announce the first inductee into the Hall of Fame’s Class of 2013 that night.

    Big picture, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon is gearing up for WrestleMania season and won’t be wasting any time shaking things up. There are reportedly plans for every RAW this month to be “stacked.”

    ----------------------

  5. #205
    SoonerSnook's Avatar
    Posts
    1,605
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    OKC

    Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    They've got it set up now for The Dwayne to beat CM Punk at Royal Rumble and face Cena in a rematch at Wrasslemania for the title(which Cena will win) after Cena wins the Rumble.
    I don't think anyone ever saw that coming.


    Originally Posted by SoonerSnook View Post
    Punk is so much more valuable to the WWE as a a heel. With that being said I think they are doing him a diservice and portraying him as a whiny crybaby at this point. I would like to see him be super heel as we lead into Royal Rumble where he will face The Rock, however I don't think Rock winning the Title is good for wrestling at this time
      Spoiler:
    (even when they have him lose it to Cena at Wrestlemania).


    I do agree Punk's ring entrance is in need of a change, but I would like to see it go back to his ROH days.


  6. #206
    S00nerJay's Avatar
    Posts
    1,950
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parts Unknown

    What a buncha ****in marks

  7. #207
    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    WWE is looking to kick of 2013 with a bang. With RAW’s struggling ratings sinking even lower for the final two taped “holiday” shows of 2012, next Monday’s live show represents a fresh start for the company’s flagship show and steps are being taken to jumpstart the new year.

    Next Monday’s RAW will be up against stiff competition with the college football BCS Championship game, so WWE is bringing in The Rock for a special appearance and will feature WWE Champion CM Punk defending against Ryback in a Tables, Ladders & Chairs match. According to sources in WWE, there are big plans for Monday’s RAW that will have everybody buzzing by the time 11:15pm (ET) rolls around.

    The following week (1/14) is the 20th Anniversary of WWE RAW – and there will be appearances from various WWE legends to add some star power to the historic night. With the show taking place from Houston, Texas – it’s possible we’ll see appearances from local legends The Undertaker, Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels. It’s also rumored that WWE will announce the first inductee into the Hall of Fame’s Class of 2013 that night.

    Big picture, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon is gearing up for WrestleMania season and won’t be wasting any time shaking things up. There are reportedly plans for every RAW this month to be “stacked.”

    ----------------------
    WWE's biggest problem is that it is stale. The focus has been on Cena far too long and he has had no character development in years. The TV PG stuff is killing them as well.

  8. #208

  9. #209

  10. #210
    I miss ECW, those were fun times.

  11. #211
    Gerald has great seats

    Gerald McCoy ‏@Geraldini93
    Going live in 5 on Monday Night Raw

    The following users like this post: lycao


  12. #212
    Only Cena would take pride in the fruity pebbles insult.

    http://adage.com/article/news/wwe-s-...es-box/239009/

  13. #213
    Punks promo at the end of Raw tonight was amazing.


    "Your arms are just too short to box with God."
    The following users like this post: lycao


  14. #214
    Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    Punks promo at the end of Raw tonight was amazing.


    "Your arms are just too short to box with God."
    That was one of the best lines I have heard in a long time. That whole promo was amazing, even with the rock attempting to ruin it with his tired shtick. Funny how the heels are the most honest with the fans.

  15. #215
    Winters's Avatar
    Posts
    184
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Manhattan, Kansas.

    wrastling #raw20

  16. #216
    Flair's elbow drops on the jacket will never get old.


    I haven't watched much wrestling lately, and that's the first I've seen of Cesaro. I'm very impressed.

  17. #217
    Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    Flair's elbow drops on the jacket will never get old.



    I haven't watched much wrestling lately, and that's the first I've seen of Cesaro. I'm very impressed.
    Cesaro is going to be big
    The following users like this post: lycao


  18. #218
    Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    Flair's elbow drops on the jacket will never get old.


    I haven't watched much wrestling lately, and that's the first I've seen of Cesaro. I'm very impressed.
    Cesaro is awesome

  19. #219
    I can't believe people still watch this crap.

  20. #220
    Originally Posted by The Baconator® View Post
    I can't believe people still watch this crap.
    It beats watching Honey Boo Boo or other reality crap. When wrestling is good it is fun, when it is bad it is so bad that it is good.

  21. #221

    **WWE /Pro Wrasslin Thread**

    Well that was damn well terrible.

  22. #222
    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Well that was damn well terrible.
    It wasn't even so bad its good either...

  23. #223
    I mean holy hell that was a chunk of shit:

    -Punk against...Broadus Clay? Seriously?
    -Please, please get Mike Mizanin off the ****ing show. The dude is terrible. That segment with Flair was depressingly bad. Thank god Cesaro came out and saved it to a certain extent.
    -I was excited when Barrett came back from injury, but they've saddled him with shitty entrance music and a snoozefest of a finisher. Ooooh, it's a "big elbow", how exciting.
    -Same old "Super Cena" match where he kicks out of every finisher his opponent has. Yawn.
    -Where were all of the "legends"?
    -Michael Cole is ****ing TERRIBLE on commentary. Why do I need to hear him doing nothing but laughing into the mic at various points in the show? What value does that add for the viewer? "Wow, I'm thoroughly enjoying listening to Michael Cole laugh. It adds so much to my experience of watching the show." - said no one, ever
    -I'm sorry, but the Rock's schtick is now tired and boring. If I never have to be subjected to another one of these "Rock concerts" ever again it will be too soon.
    -Where the **** is Lesnar? What are they paying him for?

    I think it's about time to stop watching this shit for awhile.

  24. #224
    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    I mean holy hell that was a chunk of shit:

    -Punk against...Broadus Clay? Seriously?
    -Please, please get Mike Mizanin off the ****ing show. The dude is terrible. That segment with Flair was depressingly bad. Thank god Cesaro came out and saved it to a certain extent.
    -I was excited when Barrett came back from injury, but they've saddled him with shitty entrance music and a snoozefest of a finisher. Ooooh, it's a "big elbow", how exciting.
    -Same old "Super Cena" match where he kicks out of every finisher his opponent has. Yawn.
    -Where were all of the "legends"?
    -Michael Cole is ****ing TERRIBLE on commentary. Why do I need to hear him doing nothing but laughing into the mic at various points in the show? What value does that add for the viewer? "Wow, I'm thoroughly enjoying listening to Michael Cole laugh. It adds so much to my experience of watching the show." - said no one, ever
    -I'm sorry, but the Rock's schtick is now tired and boring. If I never have to be subjected to another one of these "Rock concerts" ever again it will be too soon.
    -Where the **** is Lesnar? What are they paying him for?

    I think it's about time to stop watching this shit for awhile.
    I think you just about nailed every point you made. I think the Miz could have been okay in the attitude era, but you really cannot have a character like his in this PG crap.

    The super cena shit is just way out of hand. They completely trashed Ziggler with this week and last week. Now his character looks way too weak for a title run. Cena just cannot sell for shit. He can't even be bothered to act like his back hurts after a match like that. Someone is going to have to pull an HBK and way oversell anything he does in a match to make him look ridiculous.

    The Rock was a great character, but now he is just mailing it in.

  25. #225

    **WWE /Pro Wrasslin Thread**

    It's not going to be long before ol' Ryback sinks to the mid card, and rightfully so. His mic work sucks. You can't just yell "feed me more" over and over again forever. People will tire of that shit. I already have.

    On a positive note, I'm excited about Dean Ambrose. I think he's going to be a mega star.

    What the hell is the deal with Orton? Did they just get tired of him failing drug tests? They're treating him like he's in the twilight of his career (clean jobbing to Barrett, the Intercontinental Champ???) when age wise he should be in his prime. If anybody desperately needs a heel turn, it's him.

  26. #226
    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    It's not going to be long before ol' Ryback sinks to the mid card, and rightfully so. His mic work sucks. You can't just yell "feed me more" over and over again forever. People will tire of that shit. I already have.

    On a positive note, I'm excited about Dean Ambrose. I think he's going to be a mega star.

    What the hell is the deal with Orton? Did they just get tired of him failing drug tests? They're treating him like he's in the twilight of his career (clean jobbing to Barrett, the Intercontinental Champ???) when age wise he should be in his prime. If anybody desperately needs a heel turn, it's him.
    You are right about Ambrose, he has the making of a big star. I would love for the shield to be turned loose and be a full blown heel stable working on taking the title for themselves. If they would let Ziggler, Bryan, Punk, and Ambrose be the top for a while it would make the show really fun again.

    Ryback has no mic skills at all and his ring work is sloppy at best. He has Jack Swagger written all over him.

    Orton is in the same boat as Cena, no character development what so ever. Plus all of his matches are taking a beating forever with 4 moves of doom and a win.

  27. #227

    **WWE /Pro Wrasslin Thread**

    Of course WWE had to ban Orton's "punt" because it's not PG enough. Apparently seeing someone get kicked in the head is too much for the poor kiddies to stomach but seeing someone having their arm "broken" (wink) is a-ok.

  28. #228
    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Of course WWE had to ban Orton's "punt" because it's not PG enough. Apparently seeing someone get kicked in the head is too much for the poor kiddies to stomach but seeing someone having their arm "broken" (wink) is a-ok.
    The Rock's **** and Twinkie tit joke are PG though.

  29. #229
    I didn't get to see most of it, but was watching the Thunder game and flipped over occasionally and didn't see anything "spectacular" to make it worth an anniversary show, other than showing some highlights here and there.

    "The Rock's **** and Twinkie tit joke are PG though." Exactly. When I saw he was having a "concert", I knew it was him coming out with his guitar rhyming about the same ol crap he does every time he "sings".

    When they announced the steel cage match, it was just another way to hype the overly used Cena. BTW, I saw that pre-match interview with Ziggler and his hair looked like he put some mess on it, than made it really yellow, instead of his usual white-blonde look.

    What's to come is very predictable. Rock defeats Punk at Rumble, wins WWE Title. Cena wins Rumble, goes to WM for rematch with Rock. Cena wins. They haven't done anything really to make the audience surprised. It's the same old routine. I remember when at the end of a WM, they had a twist. Like when Warrior came to rescue Hogan, or when Hogan quickly challenged Yokozuna to win the title. What I think would be a good way to end this upcoming WM, would be to have Cena defeat the Rock and have both men just worn out from their historic match part 2. Next, have Ziggler run down, cash in his MITB contract, pin an already worn out Cena, and the title changes hands again to a heel. They gotta do something different though. They better hurry as well, because it's mid-January and Taker needs another story line of someone who can stop the streak as well as another opponent to defeat at WM.

  30. #230
    Originally Posted by Hot Rod View Post
    I didn't get to see most of it, but was watching the Thunder game and flipped over occasionally and didn't see anything "spectacular" to make it worth an anniversary show, other than showing some highlights here and there.

    "The Rock's **** and Twinkie tit joke are PG though." Exactly. When I saw he was having a "concert", I knew it was him coming out with his guitar rhyming about the same ol crap he does every time he "sings".

    When they announced the steel cage match, it was just another way to hype the overly used Cena. BTW, I saw that pre-match interview with Ziggler and his hair looked like he put some mess on it, than made it really yellow, instead of his usual white-blonde look.

    What's to come is very predictable. Rock defeats Punk at Rumble, wins WWE Title. Cena wins Rumble, goes to WM for rematch with Rock. Cena wins. They haven't done anything really to make the audience surprised. It's the same old routine. I remember when at the end of a WM, they had a twist. Like when Warrior came to rescue Hogan, or when Hogan quickly challenged Yokozuna to win the title. What I think would be a good way to end this upcoming WM, would be to have Cena defeat the Rock and have both men just worn out from their historic match part 2. Next, have Ziggler run down, cash in his MITB contract, pin an already worn out Cena, and the title changes hands again to a heel. They gotta do something different though. They better hurry as well, because it's mid-January and Taker needs another story line of someone who can stop the streak as well as another opponent to defeat at WM.
    Probably a no go on the Ziggler at WM story, I think the blue briefcase works on the WHC (the smackdown belt) only, but I could be wrong. Maybe if they insist on Cena beating the Rock they will end WM with Cena turning heel to beat the Rock. Have Punk take on Taker, which would be a good one.

  31. #231

  32. #232
    Royal Rumble tonight pumped about it. stream will be up on vipbox.tv

    Really interested in how they do Punk/Rock and The Rumble itself is one of my favorite events ever




  33. #233
    ozz's Avatar
    Posts
    2,149
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas

    I'm in Phoenix for the Rumble. I'm guessing Rock beats punk and Cena wins the Rumble to set up the Wrestlemania rematch.

  34. #234
    Originally Posted by ozz View Post
    I'm in Phoenix for the Rumble. I'm guessing Rock beats punk and Cena wins the Rumble to set up the Wrestlemania rematch.
    Please no Cena win
    The following users like this post: lycao


  35. #235
    ozz's Avatar
    Posts
    2,149
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Please no Cena win
    Yeah, I'll be rooting against it, but just seems like how the wwe operates.
    The following users like this post: lycao


  36. #236
    Originally Posted by ozz View Post
    Yeah, I'll be rooting against it, but just seems like how the wwe operates.
    Yeah, I just don't see them not booking a Cena win. I just don't understand how they can't see how old that is.

  37. #237
    I am also rooting for a Ziggler cash in tonight.

  38. #238
    Wrestling Observer had this today...

    --There are some returns scheduled over the next two nights and the feeling is this will be a very newsworthy two days. They expect a lot of people to be talking about WWE over the next 48 hours with some of the plans.

    =========================

    Preshow is on YT now. Show starts in 20 minutes

  39. #239
    Miz just blew out his knee on the preshow that was gnarly

    Cessaro retains over Miz.

  40. #240
    ADR vs Big Show Last Man Standing up first

  41. #241

    **WWE /Pro Wrasslin Thread**

    There's no way Ziggler does not cash tonight.
    The following users like this post: lycao


  42. #242
    Here we go first match of the night

  43. #243
    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    There's no way Ziggler does not cash tonight.
    would be awesome

    hoping for some good ole fashion violence here

  44. #244
    Holy shit great table spot

  45. #245
    Nice spot off the set through the table

  46. #246
    lol at Ricardo, I have always wondered why someone has not done something like that before.

  47. #247
    hahahahah hogtied him

    ADR retains (duct taped Big Shows legs to the bottom rope)

  48. #248

  49. #249
    Well shit, no Ziggler cash in, but on the bright side AJ is on the screen.
    The following users like this post: usaosooner


  50. #250
    They could have showed these little promos Oh for the last month?

Similar Threads

  1. The Official I-Cant-Find-That-Old-Thread Thread
    By McRib in forum Forum Help & Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 17th, 2012, 04:34 PM