2013 WR Laquon Treadwell offer

Posted 909 day(s) ago by huntinsooner23819 Views 192 Replies
Results 151 to 193 of 193
Page 4 of 4 2 3 4
  1. #151
    Derrouse's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    H-Town Texas

    2013 WR Laquon Treadwell offer

    Originally Posted by NateHeupelESQ View Post
    He's been teaming up with Ole Miss commit Robert Nkemdiche and selling other players on Ole Miss at the Under Armour AA Bowl. At this point, I think he's decided on Ole Miss, but he really doesn't want people to stop fawning over him yet.
    Oh wow! Ole Miss huh... Does not compute
       

  2. #152
    Originally Posted by Derrouse View Post
    Oh wow! Ole Miss huh... Does not compute
    SEC money?
       

  3. #153
    Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    SEC money?
    Hugh Freeze can recruit his ass off
       

  4. #154
    Derrouse's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    H-Town Texas

    2013 WR Laquon Treadwell offer

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Hugh Freeze can recruit his ass off
    I had a cousin commit to Ole Miss. Didn't understand it then either.
       

  5. #155
    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Hugh Freeze can recruit his ass off
    He certainly has been. It's been very impressive.
       

  6. #156
    SoonerAmongThePack's Avatar
    Posts
    4,492
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In The Clouds

    According to ESPN, Treadwell is set to announce on January 17th.
       

  7. #157
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,887
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    If OU goes more run oriented or multi-offense won't there be a lesser need for WRs?
    The following users like this post: byrk75

       

  8. #158

    2013 WR Laquon Treadwell offer

    How many years in a row have we missed out on the #1 ranked WR?
       

  9. #159
    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Hugh Freeze can recruit his ass off
    I'm sure he is a hell of a recruiter, but when the #1 prospect at any position has a place like that as his top school some red flags have to go up.
    2 users like drspencer's post: byrk75, VRO405

       

  10. #160
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,887
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Do the other schools OU loses out on a recruit always cheat to get them? Is it possible they out recruit OU for that particular player based on their ability to better present their program and opportunities to play?
       

  11. #161
    SoonerSapper's Avatar
    Posts
    4,856
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Irwin CA

    Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    How many years in a row have we missed out on the #1 ranked WR?
    OU has missed out on a couple off the top of my head. Julio Jones and DBG jump out at me.
       

  12. #162
    madbrad's Avatar
    Posts
    6,622
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dallas

    Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    How many years in a row have we missed out on the #1 ranked WR?
    Geez, fella.

    How many schools say the same thing?
    The following users like this post: SteveO1107

       

  13. #163
    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Do the other schools OU loses out on a recruit always cheat to get them? Is it possible they out recruit OU for that particular player based on their ability to better present their program and opportunities to play?
    No, absolutely not. If a player of his caliber has some kind of real connection to a lower tier school (Like what he has with osu) and OU loses out then that's the breaks. If the kid is interested in a place like USC, Oregon, or some school that throws the ball a lot I can understand that. When a elite talent favors a lower tier school and has no obvious connection then you have to really wonder what's going on there. To some degree when I said "SEC Money" earlier ITT it was mostly a joke.
    Last edited by drspencer; January 11th, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
       

  14. #164
    Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    How many years in a row have we missed out on the #1 ranked WR?
    we pretty much landed the number #1 receiving class last year ... is that not good enough?
    The following users like this post: Sooner 76

       

  15. #165
    Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    How many years in a row have we missed out on the #1 ranked WR?
    It wasn't that long ago that WR was a big weakness. Norvell went out and fixed that in a big way. He just missed out on a couple of #1 WR while putting together elite classes. Now WR is a strength. I wish someone would do that at OL/DL.
       

  16. #166
       

  17. #167
    Originally Posted by Sooner_117 View Post
    Wow.
       

  18. #168
    Originally Posted by madbrad View Post
    Geez, fella.

    How many schools say the same thing?
    I would assume....ALL but one.... lol
       

  19. #169

    2013 WR Laquon Treadwell offer

    Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    we pretty much landed the number #1 receiving class last year ... is that not good enough?
    Just seems that striking out on the #1 WR is an every year occurrence. Last year it was DBG, and recently it was Julio Jones and prior to that it was Early Doucet. I'm sure there are more, just can't think of them off the top of my head. .
       

  20. #170
    Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    Just seems that striking out on the #1 WR is an every year occurrence. Last year it was DBG, and recently it was Julio Jones and prior to that it was Early Doucet. I'm sure there are more, just can't think of them off the top of my head. .
    Rueben Randle and Darius White
       

  21. #171
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,887
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Tired of Treadwell like Manning. OU has a boatload of new young receivers. If he wants to go Ole Misery,go, be done with him. Enough space on these boards wasted on him.
       

  22. #172
    nlight1's Avatar
    Posts
    2,806
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma & nowhere else

    2013 WR Laquon Treadwell offer

    No doubt OU is good at WR is it not?
       

  23. #173
    Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    No doubt OU is good at WR is it not?
    I honestly wouldn't trade OU's WR situation at the moment for any other team's. We should be really sharp there next year with good talent in the pipeline.
       

  24. #174
    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Do the other schools OU loses out on a recruit always cheat to get them? Is it possible they out recruit OU for that particular player based on their ability to better present their program and opportunities to play?
    You're naive.
       

  25. #175
    Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Posts
    1,035
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Originally Posted by SixBean View Post
    Just seems that striking out on the #1 WR is an every year occurrence. Last year it was DBG, and recently it was Julio Jones and prior to that it was Early Doucet. I'm sure there are more, just can't think of them off the top of my head. .
    Originally Posted by sovasooner View Post
    Rueben Randle and Darius White
    You can't strike out on players who were NEVER coming to OU. Julio and Reuben were NEVER coming to OU, despite what it appeared to be in reports.

    DGB, sure. Kyle Prater, maybe. We got Metoyer. Tolliver, sure. We got Tennell. We got Kelly, though he was a bit lower in rank.
       

  26. #176
    I'll gladly miss out on the number 1 WR every year without thinking twice, knowing Norvell will consistently have one of the best units in CFB
       

  27. #177
    We've spent way too much time on this thread. With Bester, Neal, Reynolds, Shepherd, Saunders, and now KJ Young...I think we're fine at WR.

    Let's get some defensive talent shall we???
       

  28. #178
    mushu405's Avatar
    Posts
    1,332
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by BoomSoon View Post
    We've spent way too much time on this thread. With Bester, Neal, Reynolds, Shepherd, Saunders, and now KJ Young...I think we're fine at WR.

    Let's get some defensive talent shall we???
    The more WR talent we have the better. At worst try them at DB.A freaking DB that actually has great hands... oh my....
       

  29. #179
    End the thread. With OU signing and enrolling Cavil, it's over. OU has moved on before his decision.
    The following users like this post: melbitoast

       

  30. #180
    ab5sr's Avatar
    Posts
    4,611
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mia's hometown

    I like our receivers, and Norvell has done a great job for sure. I think qb, wr, and rb we're in pretty solid position. OL recruiting is still a huge question mark, obviously we have some skilled people. I still hate missing out on difference-makers; these types are the ones that put you in the end zone against LSU, Florida, and a&m rather than having to settle for field goals.
       

  31. #181
    Let's see OU has missed out on: Meachem, Randle, darius white, julio jones, dgb, probably treadwell, prater. probably others.
       

  32. #182
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,887
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Wasn't DGB pretty much of a bust at MU this past year?
       

  33. #183
    brousterman's Avatar
    Posts
    2,062
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Re: 2013 WR Laquon Treadwell offer

    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Wasn't DGB pretty much of a bust at MU this past year?
    To be fair to him, his qb was hurt.
       

  34. #184
    ab5sr's Avatar
    Posts
    4,611
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mia's hometown

    DGB for a true freshman looked really good at times, damn good
       

  35. #185
    SoonerSapper's Avatar
    Posts
    4,856
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Irwin CA

    Better stats than Metoyer, who I thinik will be very good next year.
       

  36. #186
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    12,601
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    DGB runs really shitty routes
       

  37. #187
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,150
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by atlantasooner View Post
    End the thread. With OU signing and enrolling Cavil, it's over. OU has moved on before his decision.
    This.
       

  38. #188
    What time is the announcement today? And are we definitely out of it?
       

  39. #189
    SoonerSapper's Avatar
    Posts
    4,856
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fort Irwin CA

    Originally Posted by Seventyeight View Post
    What time is the announcement today? And are we definitely out of it?
    5 Pm today, after all the BS and hat shuffeling you can probably assume 5:15-5:30. 80% chance he goes to Ole Miss; 12% chance he goes to OU; 8% chance he goes to 0sU.


    -Note- 85.7% of all statistics are made up.
       

  40. #190
    Originally Posted by SoonerSapper View Post
    5 Pm today, after all the BS and hat shuffeling you can probably assume 5:15-5:30. 80% chance he goes to Ole Miss; 12% chance he goes to OU; 8% chance he goes to 0sU.


    -Note- 85.7% of all statistics are made up.
    Huh, seems accurate.
       

  41. #191
    Soonerscoop said we had "officially" parted ways with Treadwell a few days ago. So, don't expect much. He's been considered an Ole Miss lock for months now but he visited the Pokes last week and they've gone all-in-scondary-violations-be-damned on him. Now, all their recruiting guys are saying it's 50/50.

    Smart money says he's a Rebel? Bear? Rebel Bear? this evening.
       

  42. #192
    Originally Posted by Sooner_117 View Post
    Soonerscoop said we had "officially" parted ways with Treadwell a few days ago. So, don't expect much. He's been considered an Ole Miss lock for months now but he visited the Pokes last week and they've gone all-in-scondary-violations-be-damned on him. Now, all their recruiting guys are saying it's 50/50.

    Smart money says he's a Rebel? Bear? Rebel Bear? this evening.
    They say that on guys that they have no shot at too. It also would be some funny shit if the NCAA started diggin at osu because of how blatant the secondary violations were.
       

  43. #193

    2013 WR Laquon Treadwell offer

    Yeah it's obviously Ole Miss.
    We clearly moved on a couple weeks ago. Glad Norvell decided to move on and get some great looking players before he officially announced, instead of waiting for the announcement and scrambling... Like some coaches...
       

Similar Threads

  1. Laquon Treadwell Ole Miss visit
    By Vodnik in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
  2. Top receiver Laquon Treadwell commits to Mississippi
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 17th, 2013, 06:10 PM
  3. Laquon Treadwell to decide Jan. 17: Ole Miss bound?
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 10th, 2013, 10:30 AM
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: December 18th, 2012, 06:55 AM
  5. 2013 #1 WR Laquon Treadwell:Owen Field Mega Thread
    By SoonerDan74012 in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2012, 02:17 PM

Tags for this Thread