2013 WR Laquon Treadwell offer

Posted 748 day(s) ago by huntinsooner22764 Views 192 Replies
Results 101 to 150 of 193
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
  1. #101
    where are the reports that Ole' Miss still leads? They could lead but in the end I could definitely see him picking OU over Ole' Miss. Ok-state kinda seems like a courtesy visit to me. They just lost Monken.

  2. #102
    Nazgul's Avatar
    Posts
    2,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Minas Morgul

    Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    There's no ****ing way we should lose this guy to Okie State or Ole Miss.
    Unless he is concerned about starting right away. I don't see him starting at OU as a freshman. Too many good players in front of him. If that's the reason he doesn't come to OU, then I don't mind.

  3. #103
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    26,972
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    Michigan has been eliminated. Its OU,Ole Miss and Ok.State. He'll visit OSU on Jan 11 oh and Stills is gone

    I talked to Coach (Jay) Norvell, Coach (Josh) Heupel and Coach (Bob) Stoops," Treadwell said. "They basically explained to me they have some good receivers on the depth chart with the guys coming from last year, but with Kenny probably leaving early and Justin Brown being a senior this year I could come in and compete for a spot as a true freshman. That really caught my interest.

  4. #104
    Nazgul's Avatar
    Posts
    2,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Minas Morgul

    "Oklahoma State (will receive a visit) for sure, but that's about it," Treadwell said. "I think that is going to be Jan. 11th."

    If OU coaches convinced him that he can compete for a starting spot as a freshman, then he is OU bound for sure.

    It's be nice to land the #1 WR in the nation, but WR is not a need right now.

  5. #105
    sooner518's Avatar
    Posts
    3,898
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Who would start at wr next year if Kenny leavs and treadwell comes? Saunders, shep, and either metoyer or treadwell.......

  6. #106
    Don't see how you pass up on a guy like Treadwell. He'd play immediately with Brown and Stills leaving.

  7. #107
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,598
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Might it be Ohio State not Okie State he is looking at?

  8. #108
    You can go to Ole Miss, where 6-6 is a good season, or OU, where 10-2 is a bad season.
    I think any truly fierce competitor would choose the latter.

  9. #109
    drspencer's Avatar
    Posts
    3,943
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    OKLAHOMA

    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Might it be Ohio State not Okie State he is looking at?
    No it's oklahoma state. He had an uncle that played there if I remember correctly.

  10. #110
    1soONErs1's Avatar
    Posts
    281
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    OK

    Courtney Gardner still in the mix for next year?

  11. #111
    OU and Courtney Gardner parted ways awhile back and he is now set to go to LSU.

  12. #112

    2013 WR Laquon Treadwell offer

    Originally Posted by psk2080 View Post
    OU and Courtney Gardner parted ways awhile back and he is now set to go to LSU.
    He's a LONG way from being set to go. More than likely, he'll enter the draft straight from JUCO.

  13. #113
    Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    Who would start at wr next year if Kenny leavs and treadwell comes? Saunders, shep, and either metoyer or treadwell.......
    Derrick Woods will be in the mix as well. He was co-offensive scout team mvp this year. Not that it means anything but Sam was scout team mvp his fresh year. That's a good sign for both DWoods and TKnight

  14. #114
    Tired of hearing WR isn't a need. Treadwell is an elite talent. We can never have enough elite talent. He's a difference maker. I don't care what the numbers are, you take him every time. I hope we can get him AND some quality OT & DT.
    5 users like OU812's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, OU48A, OUfootball, Sooner 76, StiffArmTrophy


  15. #115
    Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    Derrick Woods will be in the mix as well. He was co-offensive scout team mvp this year. Not that it means anything but Sam was scout team mvp his fresh year. That's a good sign for both DWoods and TKnight

    Our talent at WR, QB, and RB, if we can add Treatwell and Starks, is w/o a doubt elite.

  16. #116
    Not familiar with Starks? Part of the '14 class?

  17. #117
    sooner518's Avatar
    Posts
    3,898
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    Not familiar with Starks? Part of the '14 class?
    Running back from Vegas. Same school as demarco Murray. Stud.

  18. #118
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    4,254
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    Running back from Vegas. Same school as demarco Murray. Stud.
    Just saw his JR highlights...wow. Must get. And he's really high on Cale Gundy and OU, so here's to hoping we can seal the deal with him early and hold him!

  19. #119
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    4,254
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Oh, and as nice as Ole Miss is, I really hope LT breaks this down to simple logic and looks at the surrounding talent and ability to make him a college superstar and championship winner....it ain't Ole Miss.

  20. #120
    Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    Our talent at WR, QB, and RB, if we can add Treatwell and Starks, is w/o a doubt elite.
    Starks and Treadwell....YES and YES. I've always said Starks is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more impressice than Devon Thomas.
    The following users like this post: sooner9582


  21. #121
    sooner9582's Avatar
    Posts
    191
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Skiatook, OK, USA

    Originally Posted by CPSooner View Post
    Starks and Treadwell....YES and YES. I've always said Starks is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy more impressice than Devon Thomas.
    Agreed I had to hear for dork osu fans about them landing Thomas and I came back with well you guys can have him because we are landing Starks who is the best RB from next years class.

  22. #122
    Originally Posted by sooner9582 View Post
    Agreed I had to hear for dork osu fans about them landing Thomas and I came back with well you guys can have him because we are landing Starks who is the best RB from next years class.
    word

  23. #123
    Laquon Treadwell ‏@SuccessfulQuon
    Loving what Ole Miss is doing.



  24. #124
    drspencer's Avatar
    Posts
    3,943
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    OKLAHOMA

    Originally Posted by Stoops'Visor View Post
    Laquon Treadwell ‏@SuccessfulQuon
    Loving what Ole Miss is doing.


    I think he is just enjoying the attention. He posted this yesterday.
    Rocking #1 next year, with who ? Soon to find out..
    You could read into it however you want, but I would assume that he put the "soon" in there to purposely get the attention of OU fans and others following him on Twitter. I'm not too worried about it. WR isn't a dire need right now. He is an elite talent sure, but it won't kill OU if they miss out on him.

  25. #125
    sooner9582's Avatar
    Posts
    191
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Skiatook, OK, USA

    Maybe he really is going to eventually be a Sooner. I just have a weird feeling about him that we might finally come out on top with a recruit for once, but I wish I could say the same for Bain. The dude has seriously lost his mind if he can't see he could start and play for Nc at OU.

  26. #126
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    4,254
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Rivals is reporting it's down to Ole Miss and OSU, with Ole Miss holding a strong lead. As much as I can tell, this info looks fresh. Here's a tidbit: "The decision for Treadwell essentially boils down to Ole Miss and Oklahoma State. Ole Miss is in the driver's seat still here, but Oklahoma State just won't go away,"

  27. #127
    El Jefe's Avatar
    Posts
    3,627
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    3380
    Location
    East Dallas, Homie

    Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    Rivals is reporting it's down to Ole Miss and OSU, with Ole Miss holding a strong lead. As much as I can tell, this info looks fresh. Here's a tidbit: "The decision for Treadwell essentially boils down to Ole Miss and Oklahoma State. Ole Miss is in the driver's seat still here, but Oklahoma State just won't go away,"
    I read the story and that's completely out of context.

    Here's the "tidbit":

    He told me on Sunday that Michigan has been eliminated and he is just focused on the Sooners, Rebels and Cowboys. Ole Miss is in the driver's seat still here, but Oklahoma State just won't go away.

  28. #128
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    4,254
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    I read the story and that's completely out of context.
    What's your take on it?
    Sounds like we're sitting in 3rd on this one.

  29. #129
    El Jefe's Avatar
    Posts
    3,627
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    3380
    Location
    East Dallas, Homie

    Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    What's your take on it?
    Sounds like we're sitting in 3rd on this one.
    Posted the exact comment above. I don't have a take either way as I don't know the kid. Just clarifying what the story said. This rumor started because some Aggie has zero reading comprehension skills and then called the Animal saying OU was eliminated. Now, if he got that from a different story, that changes things.

  30. #130
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    4,254
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Posted the exact comment above. I don't have a take either way as I don't know the kid. Just clarifying what the story said. This rumor started because some Aggie has zero reading comprehension skills and then called the Animal saying OU was eliminated. Now, if he got that from a different story, that changes things.
    Gotcha. Further on it discussed OSU's QB situation going forward as well as the effect of Monken, etc. However, there was no mention of us; just specifically that it was down to those two. TIFWIW

  31. #131
    El Jefe's Avatar
    Posts
    3,627
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    3380
    Location
    East Dallas, Homie

    Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    Gotcha. Further on it discussed OSU's QB situation going forward as well as the effect of Monken, etc. However, there was no mention of us; just specifically that it was down to those two. TIFWIW
    You're correct. But didn't want to "borrow" that much of the story.

  32. #132

    2013 WR Laquon Treadwell offer

    Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    Rivals is reporting it's down to Ole Miss and OSU, with Ole Miss holding a strong lead. As much as I can tell, this info looks fresh. Here's a tidbit: "The decision for Treadwell essentially boils down to Ole Miss and Oklahoma State. Ole Miss is in the driver's seat still here, but Oklahoma State just won't go away,"
    Shit

  33. #133
    Houston Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,384
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Brentwood, TN

    If his mom doesn't visit OU then OU has no chance.. Think that is the only reason Ole Miss is the leader and looks like they will get the #1 player also..


      Not Safe For Work
    Last edited by usaosooner; January 1st, 2013 at 05:55 PM.

  34. #134
    Originally Posted by Houston Sooner View Post
    If his mom doesn't visit OU then OU has no chance.. Think that is the only reason Ole Miss is the leader and looks like they will get the #1 player also..


      Not Safe For Work


    Who is that? Can't stop staring...
    Last edited by usaosooner; January 1st, 2013 at 05:55 PM.

  35. #135
    Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    Who is that? Can't stop staring...
    My. Gawd. Neither can I. Amazing.

  36. #136
    Soonerfanpa1's Avatar
    Posts
    300
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    PA

    My guess Univision. Spanish channel

  37. #137
    If he winds up at tractor u I'll poop my pants. Those dudes already got their weiners out just thinking about it.

  38. #138
    ab5sr's Avatar
    Posts
    3,891
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Euless, TX

    Reading his most recent tweets...Ole Miss seems most likely

  39. #139
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,598
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    This thread is dragging like the one on Manning did. On and on and on.

  40. #140
    drspencer's Avatar
    Posts
    3,943
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    OKLAHOMA

    Originally Posted by ab5sr View Post
    Reading his most recent tweets...Ole Miss seems most likely
    Yep.

  41. #141
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    10,346
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    5727
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    The radio call Bell goes back to the Well one more time, has a nice ring to it

  42. #142
    greensooner's Avatar
    Posts
    6,599
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Edmond

    I wouldn't get my hopes up with this kid, it doesn't seem to be a real position of need anyways. If he comes, great but if he doesn't then I hope we use that scholly on a OT/DT to build more depth

  43. #143
    usaosooner's Avatar
    Posts
    26,972
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    41340
    Location
    hating the off-season

    Its going to be Ole Miss

  44. #144
    XxSuBLiMexX's Avatar
    Posts
    4,620
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Steppin' Razors

    Not saying he should go to OU, but Ole Miss...

  45. #145
    Derrouse's Avatar
    Posts
    1,468
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    H-Town Texas

    2013 WR Laquon Treadwell offer

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Its going to be Ole Miss
    What I miss?

  46. #146
    Derrouse's Avatar
    Posts
    1,468
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    H-Town Texas

    2013 WR Laquon Treadwell offer

    Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    Not saying he should go to OU, but Ole Miss...
    He must really be close to his old teammate.

  47. #147
    VRO405's Avatar
    Posts
    6,997
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Doesn't hurt but sure wish we could have him... Still like the kid KJ Young though...

  48. #148
    greensooner's Avatar
    Posts
    6,599
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Edmond

    we will be fine without him, WR is not exactly an area we are hurting for at this moment and if we get KJ we should be pleased and get some more quality linemen
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner


  49. #149
    NateHeupelESQ's Avatar
    Posts
    601
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    NW Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by Derrouse View Post
    What I miss?
    He's been teaming up with Ole Miss commit Robert Nkemdiche and selling other players on Ole Miss at the Under Armour AA Bowl. At this point, I think he's decided on Ole Miss, but he really doesn't want people to stop fawning over him yet.

  50. #150
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    10,346
    Join Date
    May 2011
    vCash
    5727
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    **** him...dont need him anyways....Ole Miss will be 4-8 for life.

Similar Threads

  1. Laquon Treadwell Ole Miss visit
    By Vodnik in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2013, 10:43 AM
  2. Top receiver Laquon Treadwell commits to Mississippi
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 17th, 2013, 05:10 PM
  3. Laquon Treadwell to decide Jan. 17: Ole Miss bound?
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 10th, 2013, 09:30 AM
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: December 18th, 2012, 05:55 AM
  5. 2013 #1 WR Laquon Treadwell:Owen Field Mega Thread
    By SoonerDan74012 in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2012, 01:17 PM

Tags for this Thread