JUCO DT offer Toby Johnson

Posted 913 day(s) ago by Vodnik15497 Views 135 Replies
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
    I guess he's gonna shock the world tomorrow. The only way that happens is if he signs with us or another non sec team

Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    I guess he's gonna shock the world tomorrow. The only way that happens is if he signs with us or another non sec team
    He's not shocking shit. My guess? He's gonna stay in JUCO another year, learn how to read and write (somewhat), do just enough to get into the SEC for one year, and then go pro.

Sorry I haven't been following closely...what's the most current thought on our shot here? Apologies if it's buried somewhere in the thread.

Originally Posted by ab5sr View Post
    Sorry I haven't been following closely...what's the most current thought on our shot here? Apologies if it's buried somewhere in the thread.
    Our chances are really low, he wants to be in the SEC and will go that route if he can qualify. Any SEC school before Oklahoma is apparently what he is after. If not, we are his fallback school.

Georgia, Auburn, Miss St. are his top 3 choices and if none of them work out and he fails to qualify he will be coming here (again if he can qualify)
    The following users like this post: ab5sr

Has he said when he is supposed to "shock the world" today?

His announcement date is 2/15.

It will be shocking if he plays next season

Originally Posted by Houston Sooner View Post
    It will be shocking if he plays next season
    Anywhere other than A&M. We know, Houston. We know.
    2 users like OnlyOne's post: greensooner, StiffArmTrophy

is this not amazing to anyone else? from his twitter page.....

Originally Posted by mushu405 View Post
    is this not amazing to anyone else? from his twitter page.....

Isn't that his teammate Bradley? Oh and hot damn, an Auburn visit and they're talking money...

On twitter he is talking about how Shipp was like a father figure to him and OU letting him go is the worst thing that they could have done right now. The guy was never going to come to OU but he sure loves to create drama it seems.

#OU fired Coach Shipp i loved that guy he was like a father figure to me #BoomerSooner thats the worst thing yall could've done rite now

Is what he tweeted

Originally Posted by mushu405 View Post
    #OU fired Coach Shipp i loved that guy he was like a father figure to me #BoomerSooner thats the worst thing yall could've done rite now

Is what he tweeted
    Thanks mushu. If any OU fan thinks he was actually going to come here then they need their heads checked. If he really wanted to be at OU he would have committed on signing day, not taken more trips to whatever sec school would have him.
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

Re: JUCO DT offer Toby Johnson

Originally Posted by max fischer View Post
    Thanks mushu. If any OU fan thinks he was actually going to come here then they need their heads checked. If he really wanted to be at OU he would have committed on signing day, not taken more trips to whatever sec school would have him.
    This

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The sad thing is that he makes it seems he's gods gift to juco....

We don't need him. I'm sorry he had his chance with us and just kept blowing us off. He can go to the SEC and never be heard from again. He still has to rehab and work his way back into shape and right now he doesn't even know if he will qualify for any of those schools. Let him go. Seeeeeeee Yaaaaaaaa!!!!!

OU will be fine with or without you Toby.

He was never coming to OU. OU was his backup to his backup to his backup school.
    The following users like this post: Hotrod33

Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Anywhere other than A&M. We know, Houston. We know.
    I'll give the automated response for Houston Sooner

"Hey OnlyWun, I'll bet you're the only person on this board who thinks he was coming to OU...that's how much you know you idiot"

*followed by*

[gif of woman so Houston Sooner doesn't seem like a ]
    4 users like greensooner's post: CalSOONER, oorah_okie, oudidntknow84, StiffArmTrophy

Who cares. He's not coming to OU and never really was. He's set on the SEC.

He is damaged goods.............end of story..........he can take up a scholly on someone elses roster.......or go be ATM's 100th commit for the year...

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    I'll give the automated response for Houston Sooner

"Hey OnlyWun, I'll bet you're the only person on this board who thinks he was coming to OU...that's how much you know you idiot"

*followed by*

[gif of woman so Houston Sooner doesn't seem like a ]

You must be a and hate women, I guess TJ is like AD and can come back from his injury in 6 months.

You must be a and hate women, I guess TJ is like AD and can come back from his injury in 6 months.
    you can't think these responses are very good comebacks, can you?

you make no ****ing sense and you're terrible at this, all your responses can be anticipated...you're a ****ing joke and a

btw, have you ever touched a woman before?
    The following users like this post: Tundra

you make no ****ing sense and you're terrible at this, all your responses can be anticipated...you're a ****ing joke and a

He's kinda mean.
    The following users like this post: greensooner

Originally Posted by jrgou View Post
    To UGA
    thought UGA told him thanks but no thanks?
    also, how did he manage to qualify for SEC with his classes not transferring?

EDIT: sho 'nuff, committed to UGA...wonder if we'll ever actually see him take the field there. There's still no confirmation that he's qualified. He and Huggins can hang out together and color crayon books together.
    3 users like melbitoast's post: drspencer, Hotrod33, VRO405

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    thought UGA told him thanks but no thanks?
    also, how did he manage to qualify for SEC with his classes not transferring?

EDIT: sho 'nuff, committed to UGA...wonder if we'll ever actually see him take the field there. There's still no confirmation that he's qualified. He and Huggins can hang out together and color crayon books together.
    Why are you dogging one of our signees? He's close to qualifying.

Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    Why are you dogging one of our signees? He's close to qualifying.
    With all due respect, HOLY SHIT BRO! How many times have we uttered that phrase over the past few years?!?! I could have replaced Huggins name with numerous others.
    You'll have to forgive me if I have little sympathy for those who struggle to pass ****ing high school well enough to get a full athletic scholarship.

Chris Wilson signed him. Chris did pretty well this year for UGA

With all due respect, HOLY SHIT BRO! How many times have we uttered that phrase over the past few years?!?! I could have replaced Huggins name with numerous others.
    You'll have to forgive me if I have little sympathy for those who struggle to pass ****ing high school well enough to get a full athletic scholarship.
    No, I don't forgive you for being a complete jackass.

I knew a lot of the players from several sports when I was at OU and some of these young people come from horrible education systems and many are from single-parent families that are poor and don't put much emphasis on education. So they struggle. Many are not ready for college, which probably includes some of the ones who were just dismissed.

Not excusing them, but understanding their situation.

Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    No, I don't forgive you for being a complete jackass.

I knew a lot of the players from several sports when I was at OU and some of these young people come from horrible education systems and many are from single-parent families that are poor and don't put much emphasis on education. So they struggle. Many are not ready for college, which probably includes some of the ones who were just dismissed.

Not excusing them, but understanding their situation.
    I wasn't apologizing. I was simply trying to politely address your exuded naiveness. We've heard that "close to qualifying" speech dozens of times. Speaking the truth does not make me a jackass, but thanks for taking the conversation down a notch. Sorry, but sometimes the truth is a bit harsh. I don't like to sugar-coat or be PC for hyper-sensitive pussies who get butt-hurt and misconstrue things. <-- (generalization, not directed at you). You have to really try to not pass high school in this country. As it pertains to D1 athletes, the qualifications are even lower b/c of the empathy shown towards some of their backgrounds. Getting into college should be a breeze.

Nothing of what you said is ground-breaking news, so I don't want to hear about any pity parties. NO college athlete on scholarship, particularly at a D1 institution, has ANY excuse for not qualifying/passing/etc. Every school in the nation has tutors and advisors. Personally, I can only be so empathic towards those with tougher backgrounds. At some point, you have to realize your situation and make a decision: A. Do I fight thru this shit and make something of myself, or B. Make excuses about what could have been the rest of my life?

Regarding, Toby: if this kid had a such a boner for the SEC, his dumbass should have done a little research regarding what classes he needed to take to get into an SEC school BEFORE he registered for the garbage he did. If he never sees the field b/c he cannot qualify, that's his fault. He should have taken advantage of the resources around him.
    The following users like this post: OnlyOne

He's message board gold.

I wasn't apologizing. I was simply trying to politely address your exuded naiveness. We've heard that "close to qualifying" speech dozens of times. Speaking the truth does not make me a jackass, but thanks for taking the conversation down a notch. Sorry, but sometimes the truth is a bit harsh. I don't like to sugar-coat or be PC for hyper-sensitive pussies who get butt-hurt and misconstrue things. <-- (generalization, not directed at you). You have to really try to not pass high school in this country. As it pertains to D1 athletes, the qualifications are even lower b/c of the empathy shown towards some of their backgrounds. Getting into college should be a breeze.

Nothing of what you said is ground-breaking news, so I don't want to hear about any pity parties. NO college athlete on scholarship, particularly at a D1 institution, has ANY excuse for not qualifying/passing/etc. Every school in the nation has tutors and advisors. Personally, I can only be so empathic towards those with tougher backgrounds. At some point, you have to realize your situation and make a decision: A. Do I fight thru this shit and make something of myself, or B. Make excuses about what could have been the rest of my life?

Regarding, Toby: if this kid had a such a boner for the SEC, his dumbass should have done a little research regarding what classes he needed to take to get into an SEC school BEFORE he registered for the garbage he did. If he never sees the field b/c he cannot qualify, that's his fault. He should have taken advantage of the resources around him.
    You are the one who is naive.

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    He's message board gold.
    indeed

It's pretty hard to recruit unsigned DT's when you don't currently have a defensive line coach.

Originally Posted by jrgou View Post
    To UGA
    So, I can publicly stop giving a shit about Toby, who hasn't played in a long time and won't play for a while longer, maybe coming to OU?

Awesome.
    The following users like this post: soonerUthenMe

Originally Posted by Straz1999 View Post
    It's pretty hard to recruit unsigned DT's when you don't currently have a defensive line coach.
    But what about signed DTs? Can we still recruit them?