2013 CB Adrian Baker - offer

Posted 868 day(s) ago by usaosooner8700 Views 64 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    And we need to adopt it and not be Mr. ****ing Goodie Two Shoes
    Agreed. Whether we like it or not, CFB is a full-blown business now. Conference re-alignment has really brought this to the forefront. It's time we start operating like a business. You seek out, recruit, and sign the top talent, and cut loose your fat/losses/dead-weight.
    3 users like melbitoast's post: 2SBTM, OU812, VRO405

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    not sure if you guys have been paying attention to recruiting. SEC this SEC that??????? dude, we've got 14 commits, have room for about 10 more ... over signing is NOT the problem here right now.

lets just worry about getting ONE guy in first.
    Agreed! That's why I'm saying let's take them all if they want to come here... Regardless if there is an influx of DBs coming in at the same time
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    Agreed. Whether we like it or not, CFB is a full-blown business now. Conference re-alignment has really brought this to the forefront. It's time we start operating like a business. You seek out, recruit, and sign the top talent, and cut loose your fat/losses/dead-weight.

This. I don't like it but it is a business and if we're going to survive, I think we'll have to start operating like this. CFB has changed and continues to change in ways none of us like, but we need to adapt and survive in the changing environment. Oh, and we should apply this to the coaching staff as well. Lots of dead weight there that needs replacing.

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    This. I don't like it but it is a business and if we're going to survive, I think we'll have to start operating like this. CFB has changed and continues to change in ways none of us like, but we need to adapt and survive in the changing environment. Oh, and we should apply this to the coaching staff as well. Lots of dead weight there that needs replacing.
    Reluctantly, I agree. And our conference needs to realize that having your conference's referees cheat on your behalf is part of the equation. The PAC 10 refs cheated USC into the 2004 BCS champ game just as much as the refs cheated ND into the game this year.

More importantly, the NCAA needs to realize this and take over the officiating on a national basis.

ESPN's prediction from today: Baker has been Oklahoma's No. 1 target in the secondary recently, and it looks like pursuit will pay off.

Doesn't say when it "will pay off", simply their prediction on where he'll eventually sign.
    2 users like melbitoast's post: oudidntknow84, Sooner 76

Thanks for the update Mel sounds promising.

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    ESPN's prediction from today: Baker has been Oklahoma's No. 1 target in the secondary recently, and it looks like pursuit will pay off.

Doesn't say when it "will pay off", simply their prediction on where he'll eventually sign.
    He's announcing on NSD if that's what you're asking.

FWIW, Bob Pryzblo, OU's recruiting guy for ESPN, thinks he's going to Clemson.

Originally Posted by sovasooner View Post
    I never believe anyone who has got that many consonants in their last name.
    The following users like this post: sovasooner

Originally Posted by 55-17beatdown2011 View Post
    He's announcing on NSD if that's what you're asking.
    uh...I didn't ask a question

Originally Posted by sovasooner View Post
    yeah, so that whole prediction thing was a panel of only 3 guys, including Bob. 2 choose OU, he chose Clemson. Therefore, I'm completely disregarding the entire prediction. Our defensive recruiting efforts (and OL) have been below "piss poor" this year. I'm out of words at this point. If our OL and DL don't dominate in '13...fire the entire ****ing line staff, including recruiters. 5*s don't even act like we exist anymore, 4*s are abandoning ship, and we're now losing out on 3*s.......
    The following users like this post: sovasooner

It's odd because we have several linemen performing well in the NFL that we can point to and tell recruits, "Look at what we can do for you." But there's no denying that something is wrong now that we now lose out on 3* guys to programs that just flat out suck. Some of these recruits are just dumb as shit, but we've got to get a better staff that can get better guys.

Sounds like OU thinks Baker is going to Clemson.

per ESPN Insider

LINK

They feel he is going to go to OU

Originally Posted by mushu405 View Post
    per ESPN Insider

LINK

They feel he is going to go to OU
    My previous post was the insider info --> "yeah, so that whole prediction thing was a panel of only 3 guys, including Bob. 2 choose OU, he chose Clemson. Therefore, I'm completely disregarding the entire prediction. "

I suppose another good DB would be nice but if the other team runs a sweep etc. and 4 blockers run over our non-existent DL and LBs. aren't some of these 6 or 7 DBs on the field going to get maimed?