'13 LB Jordan Mastrogiovanni

Posted 832 day(s) ago by usaosooner36865 Views 204 Replies
Page 4 of 5 2 3 4 5

BOOMER!!!

This just feels right

Gives the Coaching Staff a Golf Clap! Nice work Fellas!

what year did rocky calmus sign with ou?
    Calmus wasn't a national recruit.

Originally Posted by LHSooner View Post
    Pretty sure we'd have some more LB commits if it was that easy.
    You're assuming we are recruiting more than one.

Oh well...time to move on. Honestly, I was never impressed with this guy's film...he looked like a slow white guy, but what the hell do I know - I don't get paid to recruit football players.
    The following users like this post: OUrage

Wouldn't you think TAMU will have to dump a couple of commits? Isn't there a limit on how many signees a team can have? Someone help me out here!

I didn't want that pasta eating piece of shit donning a Sooner uniform anyway. He can go choke on Sumlin's stromboli!

Tim Kish is just making his job easier, with no lbs to coach he can just sit around sipping drinks.
    2 users like OldSooner's post: pillmanj, SoonerCane

Originally Posted by NortheastOK_Sooner View Post
    Wouldn't you think TAMU will have to dump a couple of commits? Isn't there a limit on how many signees a team can have? Someone help me out here!
    Not in the SEC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** that ****, he looked like a **** anyway
    The following users like this post: Chuvan

Last edited by usaosooner; January 7th, 2013 at 03:47 AM.

Originally Posted by cale_920 View Post
    **** that ****, he looked like a **** anyway
    What does that say about you?
    Last edited by usaosooner; January 7th, 2013 at 03:47 AM.

Good lord, I bet half you dumb ****s dogging this kid didn't even know who he was until 2 hours ago. Lock this thread up.

Ya! OU don't want the LBs who have good speed and can actually tackle and who seem to always be in the right place at the right time. Those guys are ****s!!!

Originally Posted by NortheastOK_Sooner View Post
    Thats what Sooner coaches are hoping, that A&M will leave us some scraps
    The following users like this post: Cabbage_town_kid

Well this will hurt big time. Hope the coaches see that something is wrong. ****, this shit is getting real old.

Chuke your a former Jesuit Boy, talk to him.

I met him last summer when my son was attending Jesuit's summer camp, he was extremely polite and excited about coming to OU. I feel like I just got dumped on.

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Thats what Sooner coaches are hoping, that A&M will leave us some scraps
    A receiver from Cedar Hill decommitted tonight....Lists us in his top three. Quincy Adeboyejo

Another receiver is EXACTLY what we need!!
    2 users like Spade1000's post: Lehmanfan, pillmanj

Originally Posted by pillmanj View Post
    A receiver from Cedar Hill decommitted tonight....Lists us in his top three. Quincy Adeboyejo
    Decommitted from where?

A&M... had 9 , yes NINE WR recruits for this ONE class.... one of 3*'s decided he might want to decomitt and actually play somewhere else.

TAMU has 47 commits now, so he may wise-up....the sky is not falling everyone....

A&M's recruiting tactics seem desperate to me. That many commits in one class is crazy. Crazy like a fox? Perhaps Sumlin has the Saban motto of running underperformers off early and replenishing yearly with max classes.

Can someone explain how we lose a 3* LB and Rivals drops us from 8 to 18 in their rankings? Really???.....10 spots?

Re: '13 LB Jordan Mastrogiovanni

Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    Decommitted from where?
    A&M

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It's really not as crazy as it sounds. A&M had 9 Mid Termers that count back, that means they can take 34 to actually sign in Feb. Currently they are officially 1 over with Stevens and Mastro committing and Quincy decommitting. It is all but certain a couple more drop off though. Fear of competition. Grades. Crazy stuff that happens in the last few weeks before signing day.

Quincy is a solid WR who would do well for OU if you can get him. Bummed to lose him but hard to blame him with so many WR, esp a lot of big WR similar to him but higher rated in the class.

Originally Posted by RenegadeSooner View Post
    A&M's recruiting tactics seem desperate to me. That many commits in one class is crazy. Crazy like a fox? Perhaps Sumlin has the Saban motto of running underperformers off early and replenishing yearly with max classes.
    And OU should be doing the same ****ing thing, but kind of hard to do that when recruits don't want to play for you.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

Originally Posted by RenegadeSooner View Post
    I'm sure we can find another 3 star linebacker. Rarely do I remember a guy who flipped from us being a stud somewhere else.
    Jeremy Maclin and Robert Mechum both went to the NFL... Couple off the top of my head.

If you look A&M has 7 lb's committed to them seven. I don't care what anybody says but there is some shady stuff going on down there and it will all come out eventually. You look at other teams in the past that got in trouble (USC, tOSU, etc). What goes around comes around. Just sayin'.

Shit. Recruiting is a dumpster fire at positions of need right now. This one hurts.

at least we still have that running back that does front flips over would be tacklers, or did he decommit also?
    The following users like this post: Rowdyroady

Originally Posted by Hotrod33 View Post
    If you look A&M has 7 lb's committed to them seven. I don't care what anybody says but there is some shady stuff going on down there and it will all come out eventually. You look at other teams in the past that got in trouble (USC, tOSU, etc). What goes around comes around. Just sayin'.
    I don't know if it has to do with cheating. Kids just like Sumlin. He's a good coach and this is kind of the elephant in the room but because he is black, black recruits are more likely to gravitate toward him. Someone else on here said the same thing a couple of days ago. If I was black, 18 years old, and a good athlete with no allegiance to OU, I'd chose Sumlin over Stoops in a heartbeat.
    2 users like Stein7495's post: soonerUthenMe, VRO405

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    I don't know if it has to do with cheating. Kids just like Sumlin. He's a good coach and this is kind of the elephant in the room but because he is black, black recruits are more likely to gravitate toward him. Someone else on here said the same thing a couple of days ago. If I was black, 18 years old, and a good athlete with no allegiance to OU, I'd chose Sumlin over Stoops in a heartbeat.
    Oh good lord that is simple minded bullshit. I'm black and was recruited by college teams with black coaches. Guess what? the team I played for had a WHITE head coach. Not all black kids give a shit about the race of the coach.

Originally Posted by OU_On_My_Mind View Post
    Oh good lord that is simple minded bullshit. I'm black and was recruited by college teams with black coaches. Guess what? the team I played for had a WHITE head coach. Not all black kids give a shit about the race of the coach.
    You're right, not all, but many do... I went to an all black school and most of them would rather play for a black coach....

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    The sad part is he will dominate recruiting in all races now... such as this Mastrogiovanni kid.

You're right, not all, but many do... I went to an all black school and most of them would rather play for a black coach....

How was it an all black school if you went there? I went to a MOSTLY black school as well. So when did you take this survey of all of the black student athletes at your school? Where is the documentation from the survey? Since when does a random group of one race equal "most"? You may want to step outside of your ignorant bubble and realize that not everyone cries about race. If I made a comment saying that most white kids wanted to play for a white head coach I'm sure you would say that I'm "pulling the race card".

Blaming race for this staff's failures is nothing but a cheap cop-out. An easy excuse to make based off of your so called experience. The problem with OU right now is not about race, it's about a head coach that has become complacent. He is OK with mediocrity as long as he gets to get a big mansion built and go play golf in the off season. He doesn't have to worry about losing his job because he's getting "winning" seasons. It is that lack of fire that is hurting this program right now. Not because our coach isn't black. If that had anything to do with it then why did we suck so much during the Blake years?

How was it an all black school if you went there? I went to a MOSTLY black school as well. So when did you take this survey of all of the black student athletes at your school? Where is the documentation from the survey? Since when does a random group of one race equal "most"? You may want to step outside of your ignorant bubble and realize that not everyone cries about race. If I made a comment saying that most white kids wanted to play for a white head coach I'm sure you would say that I'm "pulling the race card".

Blaming race for this staff's failures is nothing but a cheap cop-out. An easy excuse to make based off of your so called experience. The problem with OU right now is not about race, it's about a head coach that has become complacent. He is OK with mediocrity as long as he gets to get a big mansion built and go play golf in the off season. He doesn't have to worry about losing his job because he's getting "winning" seasons. It is that lack of fire that is hurting this program right now. Not because our coach isn't black. If that had anything to do with it then why did we suck so much during the Blake years?
    Well let me rephrase, it was a predominantly black school and I was close to the entire football team... I did not take a survey.

Second, I'm not saying the reason OU is losing is because their coaching staff is not black... Don't make up stuff... All I'm saying is that things are shaping up well for Sumlin because he is a great coach, recruiter and knows how to win and has the advantage of him being black.

Well let me rephrase, it was a predominantly black school and I was close to the entire football team... I did not take a survey.

Second, I'm not saying the reason OU is losing is because their coaching staff is not black... Don't make up stuff... All I'm saying is that things are shaping up well for Sumlin because he is a great coach, recruiter and knows how to win and has the advantage of him being black.
    That's EXACTLY what you said, you say Sumlin had an advantage of being black. So this means that Blake had that same advantage too right? Come on, you're better than that. It's a shame that in 2013 people still use race as an excuse for everything. Stop using the race card.

That's EXACTLY what you said, you say Sumlin had an advantage of being black. So this means that Blake had that same advantage too right? Come on, you're better than that. It's a shame that in 2013 people still use race as an excuse for everything. Stop using the race card.
    It still exists bro, don't be fooled... And being black is only an advantage if he is doing all the other things right such as coaching, recruiting, winning and relating well w/ kids! The reason I know he relates well with kids is because I've had a conversation with a former player who played for him at OU

Out of likes so I will just leave a SLOW CLAP here....... Many here are not in tune with 2012 young black mindsets. Many of the opinions like the guy you responded to are just outdated.

I work with youth every day, and very few care as much about staying among their race as some would believe. In the streets, maybe, but not many of the kids choosing colleges. There are countless issues which trump race, like loyalty to certain schools, chances to go to the next level, location, perks of the Program, trust, having a coach they feel they can relate to, who is hot at the moment, etc.

Now race may help with the ability to relate, but I don't think in 2013 it's as important as it may have been in 1990..... IMO of course.

^^^^^^^^^
    this guy.
    Its a factor with some, and that's far from playing the race card. The world isn't perfect as we would like, and if you don't think Sumlin being black isn't A factor, you are delusional. Sorry if it hurts your sensibilities. Vrotiz is pretty spot on. Stop being sensitive as hell. Like he said, its a factor because he is doing everything else well, like winning ect

Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
    Many here are not in tune with 2012 young black mindsets. Many of the opinions like the guy you responded to are just outdated.
    I resent your comment about my mind being outdated because that is far from being the case, but I would like to say that some people are naive about the issue.
    The following users like this post: Spade1000

I didn't mean it like that. Of course race of the coach doesn't matter that much. But it can't hurt. Other factors contributing to A&M/Sumlin's success is he is a good recruiter and he's winning and he's surrounded himself with a good staff.

Originally Posted by Spade1000 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    this guy.
    Its a factor with some, and that's far from playing the race card. The world isn't perfect as we would like, and if you don't think Sumlin being black isn't A factor, you are delusional. Sorry if it hurts your sensibilities. Vrotiz is pretty spot on. Stop being sensitive as hell. Like he said, its a factor because he is doing everything else well, like winning ect
    So then I can say that MOST white managers want to hire other white employees then right? So I can say that whites have an advantage and you wouldn't call that dropping the race card? I'm just trying to get an understanding of the mindset of you and Vrotiz.

So then I can say that MOST white managers want to hire other white employees then right? So I can say that whites have an advantage and you wouldn't call that dropping the race card? I'm just trying to get an understanding of the mindset of you and Vrotiz.
    If you don't understand where we are coming from by now, then you never will... you can call it "dropping the race card" all you want, but you are still missing the point... Just because you were raised (beliefs) better than most does not mean everybody else was.

you can say what ever you like. it appears you missed or misunderstood the context of vrotiz's post and have turned it into a way for you to validate your views. as it were, I am going to bed . Good night to you sir, my black ass has to get up and pretend to have a job in the morning.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

I resent your comment about my mind being outdated because that is far from being the case, but I would like to say that some people are naive about the issue.
    I apologize. I shouldn't have said it like I did, because I actually wasn't referring to you specifically, but more to the mindset I see around here alot when race is brought up.

I actually can't say I have ever seen you in any of the racial threads, spewing any nonsense, so again I apologize for making it seem like I was referring to you.

My point is/was, some may still use race as a reason, but it's not as prevalent as many here would believe. Not saying it can't be a factor, but a coach better have alot more going for him than that in 2013.

Originally Posted by Spade1000 View Post
    you can say what ever you like. it appears you missed or misunderstood the context of vrotiz's post and have turned it into a way for you to validate your views. as it were, I am going to bed . Good night to you sir, my black ass has to get up and pretend to have a job in the morning.
    Actually those aren't my views because I don't know most white managers and can't come to that conclusion. I'm talking from personal experience, when I played college ball the race of the coach was the LAST thing on my mind and fellow teammates. No way in hell is a recruit going to a worse team just because the coach is black. Sumlin isn't beating Stoops right now because he's black.