'14 RB Nathan Starks - offer

Posted 943 day(s) ago 42346 Views 284 Replies
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3

Recruitment '14 RB Nathan Starks - offer

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...-Starks-120666

From Bishop Gorman, Nevada. Demarco Murray's old school. Will be a high 4* or 5*

VERY good player, picked up an offer this weekend. Will probably be a USC vs OU fight for him.

Other offers:Arizona, Nebraska, Ucla

^^^Not bad for not even being a Jr yet.

Last edited by huntinsooner; May 20th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

Plays D also. 5'11, 200, 4.5
    The following users like this post: huntinsooner

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Plays D also. 5'11, 200, 4.5
    Yup, had a couple of INT's if I remember right. The offer came from Gundy though.

Damn that's some good highlights for a Sophomore!
    The following users like this post: runningwithscissors

Early Favorite. Gonna be a fun recruitment to follow

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012...klahoma-offer/

"He will clearly land more scholarship offers before his recruitment is finished, but the offer he received Tuesday might be the most significant. Starks, who is mostly being recruited at running back, had been waiting for Oklahoma to extend an offer.

“Oklahoma has been my favorite college ever since Adrian Peterson,” Starks said. “Getting letters and brochures to fill out from them and just knowing they are recruiting me is pretty cool.”"

Rivals reports a Texas offer, that is odd, no?

Impressive highlights. Though it was really hard to watch with your avatar bouncing around in front of me.

Will take... How many would OU take in 14? I would take him and Devon Thomas if wOUcan take 2. At least from the sophomore RB kids that I have seen thus far. It's still very early though.

Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    Will take... How many would OU take in 14? I would take him and Devon Thomas if wOUcan take 2. At least from the sophomore RB kids that I have seen thus far. It's still very early though.
    I'm thinking they take 2, there's 3 guys were in on early, Devon Thomas, Nathan Starks, and Bo Scarborough. If we get one or two of those 3, that would be a better duo then Bryant and Ford.

Happy OU offered now don't screw it up like the Manning situation!

Meh, I think we'll have a lot of running backs on the roster to add TWO more guys. I'd love to have Devon Thomas no doubt.

this dude looks freakin beastly. i can see why they offered so early.

looks like a monster...certainly doesnt hurt that he goes to DM's high school and loves AD

hopefully our lack of uni combos doesn't hurt us lol...whats up with that high school being outfitted like a D1 school? shiiit

Originally Posted by huntinsooner View Post
    I'm thinking they take 2, there's 3 guys were in on early, Devon Thomas, Nathan Starks, and Bo Scarborough. If we get one or two of those 3, that would be a better duo then Bryant and Ford.
    Easy dude. Some of these players read the boards. Recruiting over 2 guys who haven't played their senior year of HS?

Seriously, by the time Starks and Thomas get to OU, Dom, Damien, Finch, and Clay will have graduated and only Danzell, Ross, and Smith will be there. So we will have plenty of room for all 4 of these players. :-)

Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    Easy dude. Some of these players read the boards. Recruiting over 2 guys who haven't played their senior year of HS?

Seriously, by the time Starks and Thomas get to OU, Dom, Damien, Finch, and Clay will have graduated and only Danzell, Ross, and Smith will be there. So we will have plenty of room for all 4 of these players. :-)
    If they read the boards then they'll see how I was wanting them at OU before either of them even visited. Ford and Bryant are better backs then we have on campus right now. I know not everyone will agree with that, but its the truth.

I'm just saying, any combination of Scarborough, Thomas, and Starks could/might be a better combination then Bryant and Ford. Regardless of who's better or who has more potential, I think Bryant and Ford get playing time in '13.

I'm just saying, any combination of Scarborough, Thomas, and Starks could/might be a better combination then Bryant and Ford. Regardless of who's better or who has more potential, I think Bryant and Ford get playing time in '13.

im going to have to disagree at this point, or atleast tap the breaks till those kids play their junior seasons. I like Starks and Thomas a ton and obviously the staff does but i;ll hold off on that rhetoric for a bit

“I was so proud of what OU did and watching them go to work like that,” Starks said. “It was a fun three hours. They never stopped. Besides the fact OU has always been my favorite school, [there's] really nothing else to say.” re the RRS

Gundy and Starks talk weekly. His Top 3 are OU,Texas and USC (but USC is fading out to Oregon). Hasnt taken any visits but would like to go to the Notre Dame game.
    3 users like usaosooner's post: drspencer, melbitoast, Soonerfanpa1

@Nate_Starks
    Come on Sooners pick it up !

‏@Nate_Starks
    touchdown lets go ! #sooners

@Nate_Starks
    idc i still love my team

he deserves some OU love

WoW! He is staying true to his colors. Really likes OU.

We've got Gundy going for us here, so very optimistic about getting him.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    @Nate_Starks
    Come on Sooners pick it up !

‏@Nate_Starks
    touchdown lets go ! #sooners

@Nate_Starks
    idc i still love my team

he deserves some OU love
    This is why we can't care too much about the Texas recruits, albeit it isn't quite as bad performance wise, guys are still going to have favorites regardless of results, especially one game.
    The following users like this post: SoonerRO

Last edited by XxSuBLiMexX; October 28th, 2012 at 06:47 PM.

The following users like this post: drspencer

sure would be nice to get that bishop gorman pipeline going again. thought we lost it when that DE (forget name) with gf issues didn't work out.

If they read the boards then they'll see how I was wanting them at OU before either of them even visited. Ford and Bryant are better backs then we have on campus right now. I know not everyone will agree with that, but its the truth.

Apologies for going off topic, but I have to ask: Owasso, has your little girl been born yet?

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    sure would be nice to get that bishop gorman pipeline going again. thought we lost it when that DE (forget name) with gf issues didn't work out.
    I thought we lost it when we lost out on the TE to USC.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    I thought we lost it when we lost out on the TE to USC.
    Yeah, Grimble was the turning point. We were after an O-lineman last year, can't remember his name.

Didn't OU also have a former Gorman coach on staff?

Originally Posted by sovasooner View Post
    Yeah, Grimble was the turning point. We were after an O-lineman last year, can't remember his name.

Yes, he was a GA for a little bit if I remember correctly. I think it was a DM and Reynolds former HC.

pretty cool of this kid to root for our sooners on twitter. this school turns out some athletes so hope we continue to work hard on getting this guy.

Re: '14 RB Nathan Starks - offer

OL was Ronnie something..can't remember the last name

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    Yes, he was a GA for a little bit if I remember correctly. I think it was a DM and Reynolds former HC.
    David White is who you're talking about and he works for the UFC now, but not sure what it is he does.

I really hope we pick him up as well. This guy is a lot better then Thomas in my opinion.

The Chaisson kid was the lineman who didn't work out at OU.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    β€œI was so proud of what OU did and watching them go to work like that,” Starks said. β€œIt was a fun three hours. They never stopped. Besides the fact OU has always been my favorite school, [there's] really nothing else to say.” re the RRS

Gundy and Starks talk weekly. His Top 3 are OU,Texas and USC (but USC is fading out to Oregon). Hasnt taken any visits but would like to go to the Notre Dame game.

OU is my favorite school
    Signed
    Justin Manning

Originally Posted by Houston Sooner View Post
    OU is my favorite school
    Signed
    Justin Manning
    Christ, you are annoying.
    3 users like OnlyOne's post: OU812, sovasooner, Tundra

OU is my favorite school
    Signed
    Justin Manning
    ....and Justin Johnson

Jr season highlights. Yes please
    The following users like this post: OU812

Lol, watch play #3 and watch the WR at the bottom of the screeen. He blocks the DB all the way OOB and into the fence!! Norvell would be so proud.
    The following users like this post: Sooner 76

Amazing how many DBs tried to arm tackle him high, no chance to bring him down that way.
    Some good blocks by teammate. Great on an early run in the clips where a blocker almost put a DB off the sidelines into
    the stands.

Reminds me of DM's highlight reel. Would LOVE to have DM 2.0 play in Norman!

He has that stride where it doesn't look like he's running that fast but leaves defenders in his dust.

Ronnie Stanley was the OL that we were looking to bring in.
    The following users like this post: sovasooner

Will take

'14 RB Nathan Starks - offer

If we lose this guy, someone should be fired.
    2 users like TenYards's post: cscsooner, sovasooner

Originally Posted by TenYards View Post

If we lose this guy, someone should be fired.
    Gundy is recruiting him. He almost always gets his man. Maybe he should wear a mountie outfit.

Alex Ross, Keith Ford, Nate Starks. Sick, sick, sick talent at RB.

I hope so, Manning was also a OU lock..

Gundy has already offered Starks. All we have to do is wait for him to commit.

Gundy is one of our best recruiters. He won't drag his feet like shipp did with manning.
    2 users like drspencer's post: huntinsooner, sovasooner

FO, TROLL!!!

I hear A&M has 50 scholarships to give out next year, maybe he'll go there with all the other best recruits in the nation. A&M A&M A&M