'14 Dimarya Mixon DE/DT -

Posted 887 day(s) ago 8404 Views 46 Replies
    BadCompanyOU Guest

Twitter '14 Dimarya Mixon DE/DT -

‏@GerryH247sports
    Oklahoma has offered 2013 Arizona State DT commit Dimarya Mixon (West Mesquite, Tx). #247Sports

I thought I read somewhere OU has offered 122 recruits for '13

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arizonastate...a-Mixon-133165

DT 6'3 265 Committed to Arizona State. Now has offer from us along with Ole Miss,Illinois,Washington State
    Rivals 3 Star

Film: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/441882/dimarya-mixon

BadCompanyOU Guest
    From ESPN Insider

Dimarya Mixon (Mesquite, Texas/West Mesquite) is discovering what many other 2013 commits are learning: A verbal commitment doesn’t mean outside offers will cease.

Mixon, who committed to Arizona State two weeks ago, picked up an offer from Oklahoma on Tuesday, an offer he considered one of the biggest and most intriguing of his 10 total offers. Mixon, a 6-foot-4, 250-pound defensive end, said Sooners defensive coordinator Mike Stoops extended the offer.

“I actually have a lot of interest in OU,” Mixon said. “When I went to their summer camps, I was shown around. Earlier in the season, I wasn’t getting any looks from them, but now it’s starting to pick up. Overall, I like them.”

Mixon said the offer holds weight because of the Sooners’ history of producing defensive linemen who have made it to the professional ranks. Mixon added that he is still committed to Arizona State, but he will take into consideration what Oklahoma has to offer.

Mixon brings versatility to the football field, as he can play inside and outside on the defensive line. He’s also agile enough to play an inside linebacker position. Mixon was recruited to Arizona State by defensive coordinator Paul Randolph.

Along with Oklahoma, Mixon has offers from Colorado, Ole Miss, Syracuse, Washington State and a few other programs. Whether or not Mixon remains committed to Arizona State is still to be determined.

“I like Arizona State, but Oklahoma’s something I’ll have to think about,” Mixon said. “Stay tuned.”

------------------------

seems like just a matter of time

Visiting this coming weekend for FAMU

Why is OU so far behind in recruiting? We are getting visits from kids who say they are going someplace else and we are elated that maybe we can beg them to come here instead. How come OU is not 1st on the list of these kids?

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Why is OU so far behind in recruiting? We are getting visits from kids who say they are going someplace else and we are elated that maybe we can beg them to come here instead. How come OU is not 1st on the list of these kids?

We arent that far behind. We always try to pick off kids, thats the nature of recruiting. Kids are not obligated to bow down and worship at Stoops or the University of Oklahoma. This kid in particular is commited elsewhere of course we are arent going to be his #1

the new written offer rule (no written offers until start of senior year) forced a bunch of kids to verbal on "verbal" offers to hold spots in recruiting. The early commitment numbers nationally are thru the roof.

What's going to happen is a lot of kids verbaled to a in state/close school to hold a place and are going to end up visiting officially to find the right fit.
    It's going to be total decommit carnage in college football this fall.

OU is talking to probably 15 kids committed elsewhere who want to visit OU officially. Especially kids in Cali and Florida.

OU may end up with 6 verbals from kids that were committed elsewhere this summer.
    3 users like atlantasooner's post: NateHeupelESQ, OnlyOne, usaosooner

‏@Perroni247
    3-star DE Dimarya Mixon has decommitted from #ArizonaState.

Was on campus for FAMU and KSU and was our guest during the RRS Think we're in in a good postion
    The following users like this post: huntinsooner

So why hasn't he committed to OU yet. Who else is he looking at?

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    So why hasn't he committed to OU yet. Who else is he looking at?
    He's pointing recruiting off till after the playoff run. Looks like us,WVU,Missouri

"As of right now I'm leaning towards (OU), but I'm not making any decisions at the moment," Mixon said. "They're a high caliber program and they're playing well and they have a lot of things I like out there."
    The following users like this post: VRO405

OU pulled his off!? Da fuq???

Coaches probably discovered some character flaws.

'13 Dimarya Mixon DE/DT - offer

Character flaws? But they still take Thomas...

Fap atalk

Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    Coaches probably discovered some character flaws.
    Or maybe they feel pretty good about another DE that may be close to committing

Originally Posted by pillmanj View Post
    Or maybe they feel pretty good about another DE that may be close to committing
    Yeah, I asked Josh McCustion about that and he pretty much said the same thing. Hopefully it's a DT or DE!

Eh, I'm a numbers guy. Take both(if nearing 2 commits at same position)
    The following users like this post: VRO405

Unless you're a high 4 star commit or better, you're a fool for sitting on an offer from an elite D1 school. If you're still looking, so are the coaches. If they find someone willing to commit right now who's as good/better than you, then you're screwed and you deserve it.

Mixon's next best offers after OU were Arizona State and West Virginia. That's not exactly the same as Alabama and Notre Dame.

Sucks but it probably means a impact Juco gets a offer. Wish Dimarya the best of luck. Hope he gets his degree and goes to the NFL

Other possible scenarios: Dalton Rodriquez stays on defense or the Oklahoma State kid Okoronkwo has flipped. We're taking 3 DE not 4 though Mixon may have projected as a DT down the line

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Other possible scenarios: Dalton Rodriquez stays on defense or the Oklahoma State kid Okoronkwo has flipped. We're taking 3 DE not 4 though Mixon may have projected as a DT down the line
    Rodriquez has potential has a shut down NT, but that would imply we're getting a couple of first-rate OT prospects.

Dimon, Rodriguez, Ward, Ndulue, Grissom, Onouha, Tapper, and maybe Lindley and Favors, plus one other DE commit. Is that enough DEs?

Smoke building about Okoronkwo committing.
    3 users like SoonerDan74012's post: huntinsooner, OU812, Sooner 76

I honestly don't know where Rodriguez is going to play. Has he played OT at all this year? Is he good enough at DE for OU? I just don't know.

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Dimon, Rodriguez, Ward, Ndulue, Grissom, Onouha, Tapper, and maybe Lindley and Favors, plus one other DE commit. Is that enough DEs?
    That's 10 is, which is plenty; 8 is minimal on the roster.

Is Rodriquez an absolute lock for OU? Read somewhere he may be looking around and may want to stay as OL.
    Hope he sticks with OU.

The ole phrase " shit or get off the pot " definitely applies here...He had plenty of chances to commit.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Is Rodriquez an absolute lock for OU? Read somewhere he may be looking around and may want to stay as OL.
    Hope he sticks with OU.
    Far from it, from what I've been reading. He's not interested in playing offense at all and has said that if OU wants to move him to offense, he'll reevaluate his commitment to us.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lidley or favors back at LB again next year.

Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Lidley or favors back at LB again next year.
    Because of the numbers, I would assume. And that Lindley and Favors aren't, in my eyes, in the mold of the DE they seem to be looking for.

Superior options with regard to who we're recruiting, not those currently on the team. Mixon is a better DE, Obo is much better, Dimon & Ward are better. I was speaking to this recruiting class and our scholarship situation. If he's (rodriguez) not an OT, then we shouldn't be recruiting him bc we have better options at DE.
    Not coming to OU.
    The following users like this post: nolesooner

Not coming to OU.
    I know. I was commenting on who we were recruiting at DE being a better option than Rodriguez. My position is, if he's not an OT then we should part ways bc he's not going to do us any good at DE. The coaches have told Mixon we're full, so I hope that means a silent commit from Obo or someone else. If it means Rodriguez is a DE and we turned down Mixon for Rodriguez, then that sucks and its going to further set us back on the DL. Anyway, that's my opinion.

I know. I was commenting on who we were recruiting at DE being a better option than Rodriguez. My position is, if he's not an OT then we should part ways bc he's not going to do us any good at DE. The coaches have told Mixon we're full, so I hope that means a silent commit from Obo or someone else. If it means Rodriguez is a DE and we turned down Mixon for Rodriguez, then that sucks and its going to further set us back on the DL. Anyway, that's my opinion.
    Gotcha. Carry on.

I heard they had to drop Mixon because they are really high on a kicker.

Originally Posted by MemphisSooner View Post
    This is what I want for Christmas.

Yes please.

I really believe something is in the works, after Mark Stoops left for Kentucky. There is no way we dishonor our offer it were not for something much better, but who knows this will be crazy to watch down the stretch.

'13 Dimarya Mixon DE/DT -

“@BPrzybylo: Per @DamonSayles, former #Sooners DE target Dimarya Mixon has committed to Missouri”
    Last edited by oorah_okie; December 8th, 2012 at 04:07 PM.

So much for OU links to Arizona. Let's move on.

'13 Dimarya Mixon DE/DT -

We did move on, weeks ago. We pulled his offer. Read the thread you're commenting in.

Also this kid is from Texas. So the Arizona comment is pointless.
    3 users like 55-17beatdown2011's post: huntinsooner, Stoops'Visor, usaosooner

Yes OU moved on. I would still like to know why. I thought Mixon could grow into playing DT but maybe the OU coaches didn't.

He would have been a Sooner right now and could have made weight to be a DT if not for the pulled offer. There has to be something the coaches know that we dont for them to do this.

I'm so tired of this "grow into something" bull. We need to get bigger in the front 7 and stop recruiting guys to grow into another position. Our D-Ends should play in the 260-275 range. Tackles in the 300-320 range. Linebackers in the 230-250 range. I don't care how quick u are. Unless your Gerald Kelly, your quickness will be nullified by your lack of strength at the point of contact.

We offered him again. He is visiting the Vols this weekend, if he leaves their uncommitted OU has a shot buuuuut the free world expects him to commit this weekend. That really doesn't mean a lot

He had his offer pulled originally for academic progress failure, he then committed to Missouri before flipping to Nebraska. He signed his NLI with Nebraska but didn't make it to campus, so he sat out this semester and did prep school work, on track now. he has 4 years to play 3

So IF he does commit to Vols, it may be possible he can be flipped

He is planning to visit for the ISU game

Sounds like trouble

Committed to Vols, no surprise here